PDA

View Full Version : 2007 NASA Championships Registration is Open......

jeffburch
05-02-2007, 01:52 PM
..........https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=572

jb

GlennCMC70
05-02-2007, 06:47 PM
just signed up.
:D

GlennCMC70
05-03-2007, 07:44 AM
anyone else going?

another link:
http://nasachampionships.com/home.html

RichardP
05-04-2007, 12:46 PM
The event regulations for Nationals have been posted (http://www.nasachampionships.com/home.html).

Big changes in qualifying procedures for Sunday and AI/CMC are not in the same race group...

Richard P.

jeffburch
05-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Yea, more emphasis on consistency.
My spin in Sat's qual race woulda put me where I finished for the start of the big one on Sun.
But heck, if a Mustang can do it, I know it can be done.

Anyone wanna team up?

jb

David Love AI27
05-04-2007, 07:17 PM
I hate to read, so maybe someone will outline the qualifying proceedures and who can check my car for possible rule infractions?

Todd Covini
05-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Looks like some early birds are already getting the worm!

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=14992

-=- T

Todd Covini
05-08-2007, 10:39 PM
I hate to read, so maybe someone will outline the qualifying proceedures and who can check my car for possible rule infractions?

Still 5 races to qualify for Nationals.
This year, the grid for the big race is determined by the finishing order of Saturday's race.

Last year, the grid for the big race was determined by the average finish of Friday's qual race and Saturday's qual race.

I can look over you car, David. Something tells me I'll be retreiving that engine hoist in the next month and will have an opportunity to give her the once over for you prior to Nats.

(Sheesh...Hallett Pit Happens AND Nationals!!! Go LiiR!!!)

-=- Todd

michaelmosty
05-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Marshall and I are looking into flying in to watch the festivities. :D
Does anyone have any suggestions that might have flown in last year?
Right now I have a ticket on hold through AA from DFW to Columbus arriving at 11:55AM on Friday and leaving at 7:00PM on Sunday. Does anyone know what time the Qual. race is on Friday? I checked the championship website but couldn't find a schedule. Also, what time is the championship race expected to finish on Sunday? We want to make sure we make it back to the airport in time for the flight.

Thanks for any suggestions, hopefully we'll make it up there!!

Adam Ginsberg
05-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Michael/Marshall -

Columbus is the closest large airport to fly into...but it's still over a hour's drive from the track. AA has a direct flight from DFW, and it's priced well ( about $200-$250 per person, if you book far enough in advance ).

The schedule from last year had us practice and qual before lunch, with our race around ~2 or 3pm. The Championship race started ~3pm ET, and we were done by ~4pm. More than likely, that schedule will be similar for 2007.

Your 7pm departure should be ok, provided you don't hang around too long after the Big Race. I'll put you and Marshall on my pit-crew list.

Depending on what the schedule is, I might be able to pick you guys up at the airport on Friday, and drop you off on Sunday, saving you rental car costs. Bring a sleeping bag and pillow ( drop it off with me before I leave town if you'd like ), and you can stay in my tent, saving a few more bucks.....you can do the trip pretty damn cheap!

donovan
05-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Better yet, I will swing by Dallas on my way out, and you two can help me drive up and back from the big race!!!

DD 8)

GlennCMC70
05-22-2007, 03:40 PM
my wife is thinking of taking a thursday flight up w/ my two girls and my mom.
$240 per ticket is what we saw.

Todd Covini
05-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah....Michael/Marshall...bring a pillow & blanket and plan to have a great time at Nationals in Adam's 2 person tent! :shock: :lol:

mitchntx
05-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Marshall and I are looking into flying in to watch the festivities. :D
Does anyone have any suggestions that might have flown in last year?
Right now I have a ticket on hold through AA from DFW to Columbus arriving at 11:55AM on Friday and leaving at 7:00PM on Sunday. Does anyone know what time the Qual. race is on Friday? I checked the championship website but couldn't find a schedule. Also, what time is the championship race expected to finish on Sunday? We want to make sure we make it back to the airport in time for the flight.

Thanks for any suggestions, hopefully we'll make it up there!!

Cool ... 2 more spotters for the Texas Racing crew.

michaelmosty
05-22-2007, 05:19 PM
my wife is thinking of taking a thursday flight up w/ my two girls and my mom.
$240 per ticket is what we saw.
I was pretty excited today when I saw the price from AA, $228. I am going to talk with Marshall tonight and see what he thinks about the Thursday night flight (leaving at 5:30 I think) and see what we can swing. There is no way I can pass up getting to watch Nationals and only having to take 1-day off. :D

I'll keep everyone posted, thanks for the input!!

RichardP
05-22-2007, 09:58 PM
If you rent a car and drive yourself to and from the airport, you can make a 7:00 flight Sunday night. You will probably miss a bit of the fun, though, especially if things are running late.

If you are riding with a racer and need to be packed up before you can leave the track, I'm pretty sure you aren't going to make it. I flew out Monday morning last year.

I would also recomend going together with other spectators to rent a golf cart. You will miss out on a lot of good viewing action without good mobility.

I'm thinking of going again this year but I don't know if it will happen.

Richard P.

bossskip302
05-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Scott will be sure to be going, for his Graduation from HS, we are giving him a SkipBaber school for the week....(Dad has to go to hehehe) the Mazda race one, hopefully prior th Nationals want to get lic'ed in SCCA and have some fun!
If there is any pony up fees prior for parking etc just leave me a # and I'll send a company check
Skip

Al Fernandez
06-14-2007, 03:51 PM
In case you havent seen it (http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=100414#100414) I am now the CMC series director for the NASA Championship weekend. Todd will be the CMC race director, while Socal's Peder Beckman and NASA National's John Lindsey will be the AI race and series directors respectively.

As of 6/14 there are 14 CMC, 18 AI, and 6 AIX car registered. Get on it!

RichardP
08-09-2007, 11:28 AM
It's time for me get off of my ass and work the fine details of my trip to Nationals. If there was a big planning meeting at the TWS event I missed it.

I'm basically looking for a ride to and from the airport. Renting a car would annihilate my budget for this little endeavor.

Last year Adam picked me up at the airport on Wednesday. That turned out to be a bit silly since I was on the same airplane as someone who was renting a car and traveling to the track by himself. Is there anyone who is already going to be at the airport on Wednesday evening or Thursday late morning/early afternoon that has some room?

For getting home, last year Adam dropped me off at a hotel near the airport and I flew home Monday morning. This year, I would really like to go home Sunday evening if possible (and I don’t want to pay for a hotel). The latest flight out of Columbus I can find for a decent rate is at 6:08 pm. That leaves plenty of time for a non-racer to get to the airport from the track even if the schedule is running behind. It’s unfortunately not enough time for a racer to get packed up after the very time consuming celebration of an all Texas podium. Any non-racers headed out Sunday afternoon that have some room?

Thanks for any help,
Richard P.

donovan
08-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Holly is flying up and renting a car... I don't know the details, but I will ask her to forward them to me so I can see anything will work.

DD

Waco Racer
08-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Last year Adam picked me up at the airport on Wednesday. That turned out to be a bit silly since I was on the same airplane as someone who was renting a car and traveling to the track by himself. Is there anyone who is already going to be at the airport on Wednesday evening or Thursday late morning/early afternoon that has some room?

Thanks for any help,
Richard P.

Hey, I have a name. I would be glad to give you a ride this year, as long as you don't make that kid cry during the flight like you did last year. :wink:

I arrive in Columbus at 3:10 pm. I will be driving back to Columbus Sunday night after the races and staying near the airport. I will only have room for 1 or 2 people but anyone is welcome.

AI#97
08-09-2007, 04:16 PM
just an update...

<---Not going. Already contacted Bryan Cohn and pulled my registration. Please plan accordingly as my paddock spot will now be available for someone else to buy in.

I have decided to put the car up for sale after our last event this year and there is no need to chance it at nationals and I don't have the energy to go up there anyway.

Ya'll have fun and be safe. See you in October.

michaelmosty
08-09-2007, 06:29 PM
I am flying out of Dallas Friday morning and picking up a rental car. My flight leaves Sunday @ 6:40 PM. If you need a ride back to the airport I'll have plenty of room.

RichardP
08-09-2007, 10:25 PM
<---Not going. I have decided to put the car up for sale after our last event this year and there is no need to chance it at nationals

Did you take waffling lessions from Bell??? Do you have this much troube deciding what to wear in the morning too??? :lol:

Didn't we do this last year. Oh yea, lets refresh. The car will be worth more if it does well at nationals (read - have a chance to sell). I believe, as do others I have talked to, that you and your car have an excellent chance of doing well at nationals if you go.

There is also some speculation that running hard against other high caliber drivers in well prepared cars on a really cool track might be fun. That's just a rumor, though.

I think you should go. I believe you would represent our region very well and I'm sure you would have a blast once you got there. It's not too late to change your mind (again)... :D

Richard P.

GlennCMC70
08-09-2007, 10:30 PM
i'm with Richard here. i told you at TWS thatif there was any way possible that you could go (even if you didnt want to) that you should. its a once in a lifetime event. you would do very well there and i do not think you would regret the "vacation". plus, w/ temps in the low 50's at night and upper 80's durring the day, its going to be perfect weather.
richard - waffle is such a harsh term, how about the Matt White Shuffle? just kidding.

RichardP
08-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Hey, I have a name. I would be glad to give you a ride this year, as long as you don't make that kid cry during the flight like you did last year. :wink:

I arrive in Columbus at 3:10 pm. I will be driving back to Columbus Sunday night after the races and staying near the airport. I will only have room for 1 or 2 people but anyone is welcome.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. Just trying to be a little more efficient this year. And you have no proof I made that kid cry. And he might have deserved it... :shock:

Are you arriving on Wednesday or Thursday??? It's a bit different this year. The driver's meeting is on Thursday after the practice day. I wouldn't mind being there Wednesday night to help out whoever needs help and I would also like to go to a couple of the seminars being held Thursday.

Thanks,
Richard P.

Todd Covini
08-09-2007, 10:32 PM
Agreed.

Come...it'll take your little Texas racing experience to a whole new level!
(...and car value!)

-=- Todd

RichardP
08-09-2007, 10:34 PM
I am flying out of Dallas Friday morning and picking up a rental car. My flight leaves Sunday @ 6:40 PM. If you need a ride back to the airport I'll have plenty of room.

It sounds like a ride back to the airport on Sunday might work great. Thanks a bunch.

Richard P.

GlennCMC70
08-09-2007, 10:36 PM
it may be time to start a new thread.

Todd Covini
08-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Just another reminder...

In 2006, for every Texas racer at Nationals there was an equal number at home listening to the webcast wishing they were there. Don't be "that guy". Even if you don't/can't race...come out and hang out with the Texas racers and be a part of the show. I can assure you....we're part of the main event!!!!

++++++++++++++

Speedcast Productions to Produce Webcast of the 2007 NASA Championships

The National Auto Sport Association is pleased to announce that Speedcast Productions will produce video coverage of the 2007 NASA Championships. As a bonus to the taped coverage to be released later, there will also be a live wedcast from the finish line flag stand on the pit straight at Mid Ohio for the duration of Sunday’s Championship races.

Bryan Cohn, National Competition Manager said, “We are excited to be moving into new territory with web casting our event, as it gives us the limitless exposure only the internet can provide. By simply logging onto the Speedcast website enthusiasts will be able to see NASA’s finest compete!”

Clark Cambern, Owner and President of Speedcast Productions said,” All of us here at Speedcast are excited to be working with NASA and its web savvy members. The NASA Championships will be the largest single event Speedcast has ever covered.”

Sponsorship opportunities for individual classes and races are now available, so please contact Jeremy Croiset at Jeremy@drivenasa.com if your company has an interest in gaining major exposure by securing a prominent spot in the production.

Contacts:
Bryan Cohn, Competition Manager
bcohn@drivenasa.com

Clark Cambern, President, Speedcast Productions

Waco Racer
08-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Oops, I will be flying in on Wednesday.

RichardP
08-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Oops, I will be flying in on Wednesday.

It sounds like that will work out great, then. Thanks a bunch.

Richard P.

AI#97
08-10-2007, 11:37 AM
guys, job situation is just not going to let it happen this year...

jeffburch
08-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Matt,
I'm dissappointed you can't make it.
I was looking foward to seeing you have a blast there.
Kinda like Christmas your 1st time.
Hope you can work it out, maybe next year.

jb

Adam Ginsberg
08-10-2007, 04:00 PM
richard - waffle is such a harsh term, how about the Matt White Shuffle? just kidding.

That would be a Whuffle.....very close to a waffle.

Matt - you are making a big mistake. The same mistake you made last year. Old adage - don't make the same mistake twice.

Get your hooptie, and it's Whuffling/waffling driver, up to Mid-O in September. It's an experience you'll never forget.

AI#97
08-10-2007, 06:32 PM

Matt - you are making a big mistake. The same mistake you made last year. Old adage - don't make the same mistake twice.

Get your hooptie, and it's Whuffling/waffling driver, up to Mid-O in September. It's an experience you'll never forget.

Waffling is over. Gotz to go back to work and can't get the time off. Sorry to disappoint but to spend money you must first make it!

mitchntx
08-10-2007, 10:30 PM

Waffling is over. Gotz to go back to work and can't get the time off. Sorry to disappoint but to spend money you must first make it!

WTF? This is America, dude. It's why God create Visa cards and home equity loans. :wink:

The grin on your mug Saturday should be enough motivation to figure out how to make this happen.

jeffburch
08-10-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm still grinnin from last year.
Roll the bones.

jb