PDA

View Full Version : Previews for new Discovery channel documentary....

AI#97
04-10-2006, 09:36 AM
about the bermuda triangle......it's a special edition that covers the missing Challenge 2 write up..... :shock:

the national enquiror has also posted an article that is was last seen orbiting the 9th moon of saturn...

Any REAL news on this because sponsors are getting hungry for info....

thanks,

MW, not mitch warren who is already in the dog house with JG and EV....

lock down in 3......................2.......................... ...1................?

mitchntx
04-10-2006, 10:37 AM
MW, not mitch warren who is already in the dog house with JG and EV....

"Move over little dawg, Big Dawg is movin' in."
George Thorogood

chicane23
04-10-2006, 01:00 PM
You guys keep it up and I will have to add a new wing to the dog house and start charging for utilities. ;-)

mitchntx
04-10-2006, 01:03 PM
I want a room with a view and private bathrom.

How about meals?

In cases like this, what's the IRS limitations for becoming a dependent?

chicane23
04-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Hell, I need the tax write off that is for sure!!! I just need to start construction. :lol:

CMC17
04-10-2006, 01:41 PM
You all can rent my room out if you'd like. :D

I plan on staying out for a while. We can split the rent... right?

8) :lol:

AI#97
04-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Need central air/heat, LARGE restroom with good ventilation and a 7 car garage.....oh, and a media room to watch all the CMC/AI action videos!!!!

CMC17
04-10-2006, 05:54 PM
Honestly, I would be willing to bet that we won't see the race report until well after the next event or maybe not at all.

jeffburch
04-10-2006, 06:01 PM
I take "not at all" and give you 2:1

jb

CMC17
04-10-2006, 07:06 PM
<edit: fuhgetabout it - sigh>

AI#97
04-10-2006, 10:52 PM

I would love to be able to tell the sponsors who are supporting us staying in the series to forget about it....but that doesn't seem professional.

I think I will make a go at it tomorrow night and write my own race report to chronical the trials and tribulations of "Super Rookie" to present to the folks that are supporting my effort and are backing the commitment I made to make the season...might take all of 30 minutes. Got to find a way to keep paying the bills... :P

Todd Covini
04-10-2006, 11:55 PM
Alright...alright. :oops:
We'll have a writeup before the next event...that's for sure.
I would have thought it would be done by now, but there's only one person to blame and that's me.

Can I just have some closet space to store my stuff in this doghouse?
Roaming the streets with my shopping cart of life's belongings can get cumbersome. :cry:

-=- T

macstang
04-11-2006, 07:45 AM
SOUTHEAST: 2006 Season Opener at Road Atlanta
Print Email

NASA Southeast kicked off their 2006 schedule with the traditional opening at Road Atlanta on March 18-19. With everyone looking forward to a new racing season and the opportunity to drive one of the greatest road courses in North America , all race classes and HPDE groups were filled to capacity.

From the American Iron, American Iron Extreme and CMC perspective , the March 18 opener was a special race designated the “ Road Atlanta Shootout” . Several companies stepped up to provide funding for “impressive” trophies to be handed out to the top three finishers in each of these classes. In addition, several parts and related suppliers donated product and gift certificates for awards at the post-race party. In particular, I want to thank Maximum Motorsports, Wildwood Brakes, Ultrashield, Sunoco Race Fuels, G-Force Racing Gear, Shields, Balanced Performance Motorsports and DJ Safety Products for their generous support. Wes Duenkel Motorsport Photography was on hand to provide competitors with “action photos” of their participation.

Saturday was a beautiful racing day with generally clear skies, a nice breeze and temperatures in the 70’s. Practice sessions for the groups were generally uneventful with 21 cars taking the green flag. Paul Brown , of Speedvison GT fame and soon to be West Coast AIX competitor,set fast time in Mark Dandurand’s #5 Mustang Cobra. Scott Whitson and Beau Dunnivant were not far off Brown’s pace. G. MacNeil led the CMC contingent with Andy Kirby recording fast time for the AIX cars.

In qualifying, Paul Brown had difficulty finding clear track and couldn’t back up his impressive practice times. Scott Whitson set the pole speed with a lap at 1:40:563 with Beau Dunnivant very close to Whitson’s pace. Terry Killian set fast time for the AIX cars in his beautifully prepared Mustang with a lap of 1:37:866. G. MacNeil continued to pace the CMC group with a qualification time of 1:50:599. Robert Oswalt’s classic AIV Mustang set fast time for his class with a 1:47:572.

The AI/AIX/CMC cars participated in the “Thunder” race group on Saturday. A total of 71 cars lined up on the grid for this race! This made for a very interesting start and race given the large number of cars on the track and the 37 second difference in qualification times between the fastest and slowest race groups! In the American Iron group, Scott Whitson jumped to an early lead with Dunnivant and Brown chasing him. Beau Dunnivant had a major calamity on lap one in turn 10A as his shifter came off in his hand. He calmly pulled into the pits and proceeded to "fish" out the bolts on the floor with his feet and then reinstalled them in the gear shift mechanism. This was all done with his Hans device and belts intact. Beau rejoined the field a lap later and recovered to finish ninth keeping his record of finishing every race started intact. Paul Brown continued to work his way to the front and was slowly catching Whitson. Brown encountered the AIX car of Andy Kirby on his march to the front and these two cars battled for five or six laps before Brown executed a "desperation" pass in the esses and couldn’t quite make turn 5 . He slid off the track and soon after sensed a rear tire going down. He retired to the pits .Whitson continued to stretch his lead with Rob Mau ,a former Factory Five Cobra driver, Ken Goldwasser, Mark Reed, Carl Wooten, Ed McGuire and J. Mouvery battling for the second and third position. At the checkered flag it was Whitson, Mau and Goldwasser in positions one through three. Ken Goldwasser is to be congratulated on a great race. He has definitely “stepped up his game” since last year and will be a real threat to win. Robert Oswalt finished first in the AIV class with his classic 1965 Mustang. Andy Kirby survived his battle with Paul Brown to win AIX. Don Trask led all CMC competitors in his Chevrolet Camaro.

With the forecasted rainy and windy conditions for Sunday’s race, the field taking the grid was somewhat smaller than Saturday. All competitors hoped that the race could be run before track conditions changed. Practice times for Sunday were even faster than Saturday with Paul Brown setting a blistering pace for the other AI competitors to match. In the AIX group, W. Gagich posted the fastest practice time in his Camaro. G. MacNeil again led the CMC contingent with Greg Houseman in close pursuit. Robert Oswalt continued to be impressive in his AIV Mustang.

Paul Brown blistered the American Iron Road Atlantatrack record in qualifying with a lap of 1:38:9 in Mark Dandurand’s modular motor powered Mustang Cobra. In close pursuit were Beau Dunnivant and Robert Mau with sub 1:40 times. Andy Kirby once again sat on the AIX pole. His chief rival, Terry Killian couldn’t practice or qualify due to steering rack mechanical woes. G. MacNeil continued his dominance of CMC qualifying with a very strong run in his fox bodied Mustang.
The AI/AIX/CMC/AIV competitors once again competed in the Thunder race. The grid for this race was not as crowded as the day before as some race groups were moved to the Lightning event held earlier in the day. All Thunder competitors had to endure several hours of light “sprinkles” while contemplating tire choices for the race. In the end result the weather held and all competitors took the grid with a dry track ahead. Paul Brown sprinted to the lead on lap 1 and never looked back. He “spanked” the entire field, including all AIX cars, and set another AI track record of 1:37:83!! Beau Dunnivant, with no sign of the mechanical woes that had plagued him the day before, finished a strong second after a long battle with Rob Mau. Two AI rookies, Carl Wooten and Landon Ball had great runs and looked like pros on the Road Atlanta circuit. Andy Kirby once again was the AIX winner with David Smith second and W.Gagich third. Don Trask continued his domination of the CMC ranks with M. Bennett, G. MacNeil and Greg Houseman in close pursuit.

cjlmlml
04-11-2006, 08:43 AM
Todd,

You need to get this done.

It is really not that hard.

Do you need assistance?

CMC17
04-11-2006, 08:51 AM

I would love to be able to tell the sponsors who are supporting us staying in the series to forget about it....but that doesn't seem professional.

I think I will make a go at it tomorrow night and write my own race report to chronical the trials and tribulations of "Super Rookie" to present to the folks that are supporting my effort and are backing the commitment I made to make the season...might take all of 30 minutes. Got to find a way to keep paying the bills... :P

I deleted my rant, that's all. Not telling anyone to fuhgetaboutit. ;)

Adam Ginsberg
04-11-2006, 09:49 AM
I would have thought it would be done by now, but there's only one person to blame and that's me.

No Todd, it isn't 100% in your court - the responsibility for the writeups fall on both of our shoulders.

We are working on it.

Fortunately, Skip has offered to assist with the writeups in the future, and we will be utilizing his talents to get them out within a week of the event.

AI#97
04-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Awesome job man!!! Maybe we taught you a few things?! :wink: You can be the "other" Super Rookie!!! 8)

SOUTHEAST: 2006 Season Opener at Road Atlanta
Print Email

NASA Southeast kicked off their 2006 schedule with the traditional opening at Road Atlanta on March 18-19. With everyone looking forward to a new racing season and the opportunity to drive one of the greatest road courses in North America , all race classes and HPDE groups were filled to capacity.

From the American Iron, American Iron Extreme and CMC perspective , the March 18 opener was a special race designated the “ Road Atlanta Shootout” . Several companies stepped up to provide funding for “impressive” trophies to be handed out to the top three finishers in each of these classes. In addition, several parts and related suppliers donated product and gift certificates for awards at the post-race party. In particular, I want to thank Maximum Motorsports, Wildwood Brakes, Ultrashield, Sunoco Race Fuels, G-Force Racing Gear, Shields, Balanced Performance Motorsports and DJ Safety Products for their generous support. Wes Duenkel Motorsport Photography was on hand to provide competitors with “action photos” of their participation.

Saturday was a beautiful racing day with generally clear skies, a nice breeze and temperatures in the 70’s. Practice sessions for the groups were generally uneventful with 21 cars taking the green flag. Paul Brown , of Speedvison GT fame and soon to be West Coast AIX competitor,set fast time in Mark Dandurand’s #5 Mustang Cobra. Scott Whitson and Beau Dunnivant were not far off Brown’s pace. G. MacNeil led the CMC contingent with Andy Kirby recording fast time for the AIX cars.

In qualifying, Paul Brown had difficulty finding clear track and couldn’t back up his impressive practice times. Scott Whitson set the pole speed with a lap at 1:40:563 with Beau Dunnivant very close to Whitson’s pace. Terry Killian set fast time for the AIX cars in his beautifully prepared Mustang with a lap of 1:37:866. G. MacNeil continued to pace the CMC group with a qualification time of 1:50:599. Robert Oswalt’s classic AIV Mustang set fast time for his class with a 1:47:572.

The AI/AIX/CMC cars participated in the “Thunder” race group on Saturday. A total of 71 cars lined up on the grid for this race! This made for a very interesting start and race given the large number of cars on the track and the 37 second difference in qualification times between the fastest and slowest race groups! In the American Iron group, Scott Whitson jumped to an early lead with Dunnivant and Brown chasing him. Beau Dunnivant had a major calamity on lap one in turn 10A as his shifter came off in his hand. He calmly pulled into the pits and proceeded to "fish" out the bolts on the floor with his feet and then reinstalled them in the gear shift mechanism. This was all done with his Hans device and belts intact. Beau rejoined the field a lap later and recovered to finish ninth keeping his record of finishing every race started intact. Paul Brown continued to work his way to the front and was slowly catching Whitson. Brown encountered the AIX car of Andy Kirby on his march to the front and these two cars battled for five or six laps before Brown executed a "desperation" pass in the esses and couldn’t quite make turn 5 . He slid off the track and soon after sensed a rear tire going down. He retired to the pits .Whitson continued to stretch his lead with Rob Mau ,a former Factory Five Cobra driver, Ken Goldwasser, Mark Reed, Carl Wooten, Ed McGuire and J. Mouvery battling for the second and third position. At the checkered flag it was Whitson, Mau and Goldwasser in positions one through three. Ken Goldwasser is to be congratulated on a great race. He has definitely “stepped up his game” since last year and will be a real threat to win. Robert Oswalt finished first in the AIV class with his classic 1965 Mustang. Andy Kirby survived his battle with Paul Brown to win AIX. Don Trask led all CMC competitors in his Chevrolet Camaro.

With the forecasted rainy and windy conditions for Sunday’s race, the field taking the grid was somewhat smaller than Saturday. All competitors hoped that the race could be run before track conditions changed. Practice times for Sunday were even faster than Saturday with Paul Brown setting a blistering pace for the other AI competitors to match. In the AIX group, W. Gagich posted the fastest practice time in his Camaro. G. MacNeil again led the CMC contingent with Greg Houseman in close pursuit. Robert Oswalt continued to be impressive in his AIV Mustang.

Paul Brown blistered the American Iron Road Atlantatrack record in qualifying with a lap of 1:38:9 in Mark Dandurand’s modular motor powered Mustang Cobra. In close pursuit were Beau Dunnivant and Robert Mau with sub 1:40 times. Andy Kirby once again sat on the AIX pole. His chief rival, Terry Killian couldn’t practice or qualify due to steering rack mechanical woes. G. MacNeil continued his dominance of CMC qualifying with a very strong run in his fox bodied Mustang.
The AI/AIX/CMC/AIV competitors once again competed in the Thunder race. The grid for this race was not as crowded as the day before as some race groups were moved to the Lightning event held earlier in the day. All Thunder competitors had to endure several hours of light “sprinkles” while contemplating tire choices for the race. In the end result the weather held and all competitors took the grid with a dry track ahead. Paul Brown sprinted to the lead on lap 1 and never looked back. He “spanked” the entire field, including all AIX cars, and set another AI track record of 1:37:83!! Beau Dunnivant, with no sign of the mechanical woes that had plagued him the day before, finished a strong second after a long battle with Rob Mau. Two AI rookies, Carl Wooten and Landon Ball had great runs and looked like pros on the Road Atlanta circuit. Andy Kirby once again was the AIX winner with David Smith second and W.Gagich third. Don Trask continued his domination of the CMC ranks with M. Bennett, G. MacNeil and Greg Houseman in close pursuit.

macstang
04-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Those are the results of having a decent car and being very comfotable with a certain track.

Yall have that advantage in Texas, Micah and I still are trying to visit those tracks, let alone drive them.

I hope I have the comfort of Road Atlanta at the Texas tracks someday.

I wish I had ANY tracks in Mississippi!!!!