PDA

View Full Version : I am back, but on to better things first! Carbotech pads...

AI#97
05-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks to Brooks for allowing me back to start this thread.

I am in the process of working with Carbotech to become a regional, stocking distributor (Modular Edge Motorsports) for their race pads. If each of you would please forward me the following information about your cars and whether or not you would like to run these pads to my email address listed below, I would greatly appreciate it. We are going to use this information to compile a short application list so that we may start discussing discounting and pricing.

Info requested:
Mustang or Camaro?
Front caliper setup...ie, if different than stock. C5 vette, model year of f-body and what ever else fronts mustangs are using.
Rear caliper setup...ie...you get the picture.
What front pad you are running now....to get comparable or better suggestions for you to start from
What rear pad you are running now....same story.

So far, pricing structure looks very good. If all goes well, I plan on stocking 2 sets each for the f-bodies as a start and up to 5 sets for the AI crowd. CMC mustangs may warrant more quantity. Pads will be available in my trailer at the track for emergencies.

I have been running Carbotech XP12's for most of last year on the front, XP8's on the rear and have found them to be be better than PFC's, SBS, Galpher and most certainly the Hawk and Cobalts. If there is strong interest, I will probably pay Jeff for some ad space...

If you have any questions, please send me a PM or inquire to the email addy...

matt@aggie97.com

Thanks.

AI#97
06-05-2007, 11:26 AM
well, with only 3 replies, I am assuming you guys are already happy with what you are running. For Mitch, David D. and Marshall, I will see if I can get you on the preferred buyer list for discounts. So far, there just isn't enough interest as a base in this group to drop change to start this up. Was hoping to have a larger base in AI/CMC and get started. Then branch out to the DE groups and others....

oh well...if it's price you guys are wondering about, Two full sets (front and rear) at full price, shipped to my door was $630. Compare that to what you are running now and see if that helps.

MW

GlennCMC70
06-05-2007, 11:54 AM
98 Camaro fronts XP10's
95 Camaro rears XP8's

i just placed an order w/ another supplier and 2 set were $518 plus $22 shipping. not sure why there is such a price difference. i'll shop you first next time.