PDA

View Full Version : my CarboTech pad results over the last year.

GlennCMC70
06-03-2007, 01:46 PM
i put a new set of pads on my CMC car on the following dates:
Front - 8/1/06
rear - 10/1/06
since 8/1/06 i have run 5 regional events (2 in '06 and 3 in '07) and one National event on the front pads. there are also about 2 test days in there that equal another event weekend.
the rears saw about 2 weekends less on them. i could run them for another weekend (maybee) but i would be risking it.
one pad on the driver side was down to the backing plate on the top half. so i got a little extra use out of it.

anyways, just an FYI data point. i'll be putting some new pads on today for MSR-H. look out boys and girls. one of these days i'll put ducts to them.

mitchntx
06-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Cubic dollars ...

I fianally put a set of rears on my car before Pit Happens.

Rob Liebbe
06-03-2007, 08:35 PM
I wish the CMC Mustangs could utilize that much rear brake. Rear pads will likey last the life of the car, fronts aren't so lucky.

NASA13
06-05-2007, 11:22 AM
I just removed the rear rotors. It saves a little unsprung weight and keeps me from spinning.
Crap...I should share that with Spinsbergerstein.

Al Fernandez
06-07-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm right there with you Glenn. I put new pads on for the last event. The previous set had been on since Cal Speedway, the '06 season opener. I could've probably gotten through the weekend but didnt want to have to worry. Awesome pads.

macstang
06-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Apparently yall havent run Road Atlanta...

Adam Ginsberg
06-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Apparently yall havent run Road Atlanta...

Not everyone has been as fortunate as we have, Jerry. ;) Good to see you online again.

FWIW - I thought the Carbotech's were terrible. Used 2 sets, and didn't like their characteristics at all. Easily faded, didn't last long, poor modulation.

My preference, in order:

#1 - Hawk DTC70's or the Cobalt XR's ( new, not available to the GP )
#2 - Cobalt VR's ( no longer produced )
#3 - EBC Yellow Stuff ( or was it Red Stuff? Daron would know ).
#4 - Carbotechs

jeffburch
06-10-2007, 11:01 AM
With only 14 cars signed up for MO, I may do RA in August instead.
(Plus BSP in October).

Carbotechs Rule!

jb