PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Need decklid to roof vertical dimensions...

marshall_mosty
06-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Guys,
I’m trying to gather some trunk lid to roof line vertical measurements on all our cars for a project I have going. If you can just post up here or send me a PM, I would appreciate it.

FOX Sedan
SN95
Sharp Edge
S197

Camaro 3rd Gen
Camaro 4th Gen

Firebird 4th Gen (same as Camaro???)

Corvette C4
Corvette C5
Corvette C6

Al Fernandez
06-07-2007, 05:23 PM
What about Rancheros? I gues you could do trunk lid to windshield frame line?

donovan
06-08-2007, 10:41 AM
I can get you SN95 94-98 and FOX Coupe dims tonight.

DD

marshall_mosty
06-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks David.

I guess the GM guys don't want any aero love...

jeffburch
06-08-2007, 02:10 PM
I'll get you mine soon.
Chill.
Busier than a dog with 2 peters here.

jb

marshall_mosty
06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
JB,
Just razzing the Gen-X crowd...

mitchntx
06-08-2007, 08:15 PM
What's in it for me?

:!:

Todd Covini
06-09-2007, 10:41 AM
What's a roof line? :shock:

GlennCMC70
06-09-2007, 11:02 AM
4th gen Camaro = 15"

now tell me whats up.

jeffburch
06-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Boudy has all my lasers borrowed, that is my delay.

jb

Todd Covini
06-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Marshall...please tell me you're not!!!

http://www.nsxfiles.com/images5/jason_wing_honda.jpg

marshall_mosty
06-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Now tell me whats up.

I've been wanting to jump into getting some aero for the car for some time now. However, the $1800-$2500 entry price for a nice Crawford or G-Stream wing seemed a little excessive. Since I have an Engineering background and work with 3D cad all day anyway, I enlisted the help of one of my designers at work to come up with a new wing to saturate the motorsports market.

We are still in the design phases, but I'm looking to have three prototype wings at TWS in August. Two AI spec 72" wide and one CMC width wing.

The wings will be rigid foam core and covered in carbon fiber (AI wing) and fiberglass (CMC wing). The struts are a custom designed aluminum affair from both extruded and CNC'd 6061-T6 aluminum.

We have contracted an Aerospace Engineer to custom design an aerofoil, so it is a proprietary high downforce, low drag profile.

The measurements are just part of figuring out what height the support struts need to be for each vehicle platform. Obviously the CMC platform will all be the same at 11" from decklid to trailing edge of the wing at maximum adjustment.

We are working on chord lengths for the CMC cars since you guys probably can't utilize the approx 450 lbs of downforce the wing will make at 150 MPH in AI trim.

Pricing is still on the table so I'm not going to ellude to what is going to be the final pricing.

More to come by the end of the year.

GlennCMC70
06-10-2007, 09:55 PM
this is pretty cool Marshall.
i have to say though, a nice wing on a CMC car is not going to do much but hurt the car. w/out any areo (read as splitter) on the front of the car, just about any wing on the rear is going to be too much. in fact, even the small spoiler i run is really too much for most of the tracks we run. things change when from areo is introduced, but untill then, there is not much gain in CMC w/ a nice wing. good luck.

Al Fernandez
06-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Quiet Glenn!! Geez!

Marshall...how much would that whiz bang 450 lb of downforce wing cost? I'm thinking I might buy one for everyone else's CMC car! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I think this is very cool, and about time someone came out with non-bling wings that dont cost as much as new motors.

marshall_mosty
06-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Al,
We are still looking into what the final pricing is going to be. Obviously the AI wing will be more since it has more material but it will also be carbon fiber. The CMC wing will be shorter chord and narrower section and will be skinned in fiberglass.

One we have a final price, I'll let you guys know.