PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Junkyard (Everything Must Go)!

Todd Covini
06-11-2007, 11:12 PM
FYI...there's a Mustang lot in the Woodlands that has been a specialty junkyard for years. I guess the guy's got over 60 late model Mustangs...mostly Fox body, but some others as well. (I've never been there...only heard stories and gotten parts 2nd hand from there.)

Anyway...the owner is moving to the East Coast and has been trying to sell the property and all the Mustangs. I HEARD he was looking to get $20k for all the Mustangs/parts...just come and get it.

Well...apparently junkyard properties are not in high real estate demand and no-one's interested. So....I've heard that whatever's left on the property at month end...will all be scrapped in hopes that he'll have a better chance selling the land without all the cars on it. Call it a firesale, if you will.

I put in my order for what I wanted...if you need anything. Let me know.
(Liebbe knows of this place....perhaps he can go on a reconnisance trip and take pics for all of us to see. :lol: )

Time's ticking!

-=- T

PS- Sorry...no Camaros. They don't make those anymore. :wink:

Rob Liebbe
06-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Todd -

I can go out there with you this Saturday morning. I've never been there and don't know exactly where it is. Bring your truck, I'll bring my trailer, some hand tools, bug spray and lets go see what we can find.

Give me a call as soon as you can.

Also, what did the frame shop say?

donovan
06-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Grab me a front nose from a 94+ Mustang, header panel(headlight mount) and all... :D

DD 8)

RichardP
06-12-2007, 09:25 AM
I've never been there and don't know exactly where it is.

I've been there a few different times. I sent the guy down the hall there to get Mustang drivetrain to put into his kids RX7. It will be a bummer to see the place gone.

The place is not too far off of I-45 and Rayford-Sawdust. You certainly wouldn't find it unless you were looking for it. I've included a map of where I think it is. I could be wrong. It's happened before.

BTW, last time I was there they had F-body stuff...

Richard P.

gt40
06-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Todd, any chance you can grab some stuff for my '88 GT?

- Nose
- Bumper Cover
- Front Fenders

BSharp
06-12-2007, 06:00 PM

- Nose
- Bumper Cover
- Front Fenders
Here you go Robert, nice color also.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/pts/350805775.html

RichardP
06-12-2007, 07:10 PM

- Nose
- Bumper Cover
- Front Fenders

Awww, c'mon Robert. Quit messing around and turn that pig into a race car...

http://www.fivestarbodies.com/images/image2759.jpg

Five Star Bodies (http://www.fivestarbodies.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=144_454_455_456_669&products_id=1428)

:D

Richard P.

Todd Covini
06-15-2007, 12:18 AM
We've got a renegade effor to have Rob, Al and myself show up there on Saturday morning.

I tried to hear back from my source today but couldn't catch him on what the latest was on the place.

We'll note some of these requests, but unless stuff is going for free, cashola speaks volumes.

Will let you know if we find more on Saturday AM.

-=- Todd

gt40
06-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Awww, c'mon Robert. Quit messing around and turn that pig into a race car...

http://www.fivestarbodies.com/images/image2759.jpg
Well summbitch! I hadn't though of that. Makes sense, though...

Todd Covini
06-17-2007, 08:41 PM
UPDATE

Al & I were able to find this place on Saturday. If it weren't for the RP map, we never would have found it. Every road leading into the place has construction and it seemed like all the roads we needed to go down were one-way against us. (Eventually had to just ignore the signs.)

We confirmed that the fables were true stories.
There are 40-50 Mustangs there.
(3-9 F-Bodies too.)
He's trying to sell them all for $15k.
House and land is for sale and hopes to go into escrow on July 1.
Parts still available thru July and then everything goes to the crusher on Aug. 1 if a buyer doesn't take it all.

Lot of the cars are pretty well picked over. No real interior parts to speak of. (Handful of 4-eyed Mustangs out there.) Most of the urethane parts were pretty rough, but he had some.

I plan to go back after MSRH. For those of you coming into town, he's open on Sundays only. We could give you tips/directions right off of Hwy 45 for those that want to stop off on their way out of town.

Basically...$75 fenders...$100 hoods....everything seemed to be in $25 increments. Closer to Aug. 1...the prices will likely get better.

-=- Todd

y5e06
06-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Did ya happen to get a good look at any of the GM's?
I need a hood, front bumper cover, front fenders for a 'bird....