PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo - July 21&22

raybob9289
07-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Texas Dudes, come up to where the air is thin and dry and race with us.

GlennCMC70
07-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Raybob, we love racing w/ you guys and love having you all come down here and race, but, w/ 6, possibly 7 tracks all less than 6 hours from the Dallas/Ft Worth area, its going to to be hard to get guys here to drive to other tracks 6 hours away to race. hell, half the Houston guys have never been to Hallett.

whats the altitude there at Pueblo?

raybob9289
07-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Raybob, we love racing w/ you guys and love having you all come down here and race, but, w/ 6, possibly 7 tracks all less than 6 hours from the Dallas/Ft Worth area, its going to to be hard to get guys here to drive to other tracks 6 hours away to race. hell, half the Houston guys have never been to Hallett.

whats the altitude there at Pueblo?

Glenn,
I was just shakin you alls cage. I didn't figure any of you would make the tow but hey I figured I'd invite ya'll.
Pueblo is 6000' +/-.

Rob Liebbe
07-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Bummer, I'm going to Colorado but won't be there until the 23rd. Wonder if the wife will let me rearrange the family vacation and tow the race cae along for the ride?

mitchntx
07-08-2007, 07:14 PM
If Pueblo was cooler than DFW, I might consider it.

jeffburch
07-08-2007, 07:27 PM
I've actually considered this track.
Same drive for me as Birmingham, Al.
Plus I have a wideband I can put on the car to take out some fuel safely for the thin air.

jb

chris-CMC#35
07-08-2007, 10:42 PM

Cooler? I remember MSR-C in May, and 108 degrees. Trust me, Pueblo will be cooler than that in the middle of July. :) It was mid-80s to low-90s this weekend, and the 21st-22nd will probably be about the same.

-chris

mitchntx
07-09-2007, 06:42 AM

Cooler? I remember MSR-C in May, and 108 degrees. Trust me, Pueblo will be cooler than that in the middle of July. :) It was mid-80s to low-90s this weekend, and the 21st-22nd will probably be about the same.

-chris

It barely reached into the 80s here Saturday and Sunday.

Plus, we have air ...

raybob9289
07-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Plus I have a wideband I can put on the car to take out some fuel safely for the thin air.
jb

Well JB& Rob Liebbe, Just come on up then! You'll have a good time.

If you've never seen the track, download the following and start studying the line. This fast track is the longest road course in Colorado and is lots of fun!
http://www.whapp.com/sm/pueblo_944_april2003.mpg

ShadowBolt
07-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Bummer, I'm going to Colorado but won't be there until the 23rd. Wonder if the wife will let me rearrange the family vacation and tow the race cae along for the ride?

Rob,
Where you going in Colorado? I will be there from 7-20 to 7-26. I will be in Pagosa Springs, Ouray, Durango, and Telluride. Then in Ruidoso, NM from 7-27 to 7-29. I love S.W. Colorado!

Jerry

Rob Liebbe
07-09-2007, 09:24 PM
I'll be in the same basic area.

Knee Surgery in Houston the 18th

San Angelo, TX the 20th

Palo Duro Canyon the 21st and 22nd

Durango the 22nd through 24th

Royal Gorge the 25th

Colorado Springs the 26th - 29th

Some thing like that - I just drive and go where I'm told.

Todd Covini
07-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Rob,
You should be happy she only told you to go have KNEE surgery! :shock:

-=- T :wink:

ShadowBolt
07-10-2007, 07:33 AM
I'll be in the same basic area.

Knee Surgery in Houston the 18th

San Angelo, TX the 20th

Palo Duro Canyon the 21st and 22nd

Durango the 22nd through 24th

Royal Gorge the 25th

Colorado Springs the 26th - 29th

Some thing like that - I just drive and go where I'm told.

I will miss you by a day in Durango. Durango is just the start of the best part of Colorado. If you have never been to Ouray and Telluride you have not seen Colorado. Rent a Jeep and go 4 wheeling out of Ouray accross Imogene Pass, Engineer Pass, or Ophir Pass. I promise it will be the best day of vacation you have ever spent! I have been going for over twenty years.

Jerry

Cody Powell
07-10-2007, 09:28 AM

jb

JB, JB, JB, JB c'mon dude we would love to see you and your lovely bride up here at altitude!

Mitch you pounded me Chris and Shane with our high altitude setups at Hallet. You can do better than thin air and hot.

In case you boy's haven't heard Big D is posting a $750 dollar reward for First if we get 10 cars, that would pay for gas money. I bet we could pass the hat and get $250 for the lowest placing out of stater, to help cover traveling expenses.

We understand you guys are busy but it is a blast to race with you guys!
So come on up if you can!

AI#97
07-10-2007, 02:56 PM

jb

JB, JB, JB, JB c'mon dude we would love to see you and your lovely bride up here at altitude!

Mitch you pounded me Chris and Shane with our high altitude setups at Hallet. You can do better than thin air and hot.

In case you boy's haven't heard Big D is posting a $750 dollar reward for First if we get 10 cars, that would pay for gas money. I bet we could pass the hat and get $250 for the lowest placing out of stater, to help cover traveling expenses.

We understand you guys are busy but it is a blast to race with you guys!
So come on up if you can!

Is that 10 cars total or just in CMC?

Cody Powell
07-10-2007, 05:20 PM
I think it is for CMC, but I think we could work something out.

Come on up and whip up on RayBob and Tommy in AI!

Todd Covini
07-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Come on up and whip up on RayBob and Tommy in AI!

Cody,
Are you talking to Matt or the Texas CMC gang?? :wink:

Cody Powell
07-11-2007, 05:41 PM
That funny right there. I was talking to Matt but I would really enjoy seeing a CMC car beat those two.

GlennCMC70
07-11-2007, 05:56 PM
That funny right there. I was talking to Matt but I would really enjoy seeing a CMC car beat those two.

i pretty sure i accomplished that @ Hallett in '05 and Nationals in '06.

:P

mitchntx
07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Running CW again would certainly reduce expenses for me.

I won't need Thursday night lodging and cheatin' bastard practice on Friday.

Cody Powell
07-11-2007, 06:22 PM

i pretty sure i accomplished that @ Hallett in '05 and Nationals in '06.

:P

Ya, but "I" didn't get to see it, and I think it was only RayBob, so here is your chance to get Tommy! :wink:

GlennCMC70
07-11-2007, 06:25 PM
nope, got them both. maybee it was '06. none the less, they are just another knotch on my belt.
you dont want none of this son! :wink:

Cody Powell
07-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Right on, well maybe we can come to TX next year to run against you guys.