PDA

View Full Version : Aug '07 TWS smack talk!

GlennCMC70
07-11-2007, 12:07 AM
well i just saw Talladega Nights. i felt like i was reliving my childhood.
i have now re-connected w/ my roots and found my Zen place. you guys are so f'ed!

Al Fernandez
07-11-2007, 06:20 AM
You are so lucky I'm not going to be there! Last time, I was like .09 seconds faster than you for one lap! 8)

AllZWay
07-11-2007, 11:41 AM
I am betting the HEAT wins. :evil:

AI#97
07-11-2007, 04:48 PM
i have now re-connected w/ my roots and found my Zen place. you guys are so f'ed!

This group sounds a little "smacked out"...?

NASA13
07-11-2007, 04:57 PM
I have one enormous, girthy Rainbow ready for you Glenn.

GlennCMC70
07-11-2007, 06:00 PM

if i go big now, i have nowhere to go for the next 2 weeks. start small and work up.
i'm looking for a 1:57.999 or better!

AI#97
07-11-2007, 09:28 PM

if i go big now, i have nowhere to go for the next 2 weeks. start small and work up.
i'm looking for a 1:57.999 or better!

From what I have been told, the CW TWS layout is 2-3 seconds faster than CCW so you should be able to do that perty easy! What's crazy is I have been told AI should see 51's CW... :shock:

I have never driven the course "backwards" so I will be watching Donovan's video a bunch for the next few days. Gotz to get the skillz back in check!!! :wink:

GlennCMC70
07-11-2007, 10:15 PM
my lap times show about 1.5 seconds. Al has the CW track record due to him drafting and my 1:58.xxx was durring a qual on sunday. i didnt back it up durring the 40 minute race that same day. my best lap CCW is a 1:59.6 (qual) w/ me holding the track record set durring an inverted race later that day w/ a 1:59.7, so it looks like 1.5 seconds for a CMC car. an AI car shouls see 2 seconds no problem. oh well, Aug heat is going to be a bitch and make a run at the track record tough. but hey, i'll take the wins over all else. i've podiumed every race at TWS since 2005 except 1. not bad out of 9 races over '05, '06, and once so far in '07.

enough about me, who is gonna bring it?! JB-gonna bring me something? JW - ready for a rematch? Al - you aint coming are you? does your whipping boy Todd have what it takes? better get cracking on that rustang TAC!

jeffburch
07-11-2007, 10:24 PM
<reaching for pepto>

jb

Al Fernandez
07-12-2007, 06:25 AM
ah man, you could've said it was due to a fleeting moment of brilliance! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

I will not be there due to family commitments, so you have no excuses for not getting the record as you'll finally be able to concentrate on what is in front of you instead of concentrating on keeping me behind you. 8)

Now, if you want a good drafting partner to get a launch up the straight, use one of those Mustangs with the big rear wings! :wink:

mitchntx
07-12-2007, 06:38 AM
my lap times show about 1.5 seconds. Al has the CW track record due to him drafting and my 1:58.xxx was durring a qual on sunday. i didnt back it up durring the 40 minute race that same day. my best lap CCW is a 1:59.6 (qual) w/ me holding the track record set durring an inverted race later that day w/ a 1:59.7, so it looks like 1.5 seconds for a CMC car. an AI car shouls see 2 seconds no problem. oh well, Aug heat is going to be a bitch and make a run at the track record tough. but hey, i'll take the wins over all else. i've podiumed every race at TWS since 2005 except 1. not bad out of 9 races over '05, '06, and once so far in '07.

enough about me, who is gonna bring it?! JB-gonna bring me something? JW - ready for a rematch? Al - you aint coming are you? does your whipping boy Todd have what it takes? better get cracking on that rustang TAC!

I have a cat.

Todd Covini
07-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Don't make me jump in the 4th Gen and whoop yo' ass.
I'm pumped up on Mountain Dew, old man!

-=- Todd

AI#97
07-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Well this sizzled out pretty quick. No more smack???

Facts....AIX record will fall for sure! Finally get to put my name into one of those slots on the lap record board!!! Yay! :lol: