PDA

View Full Version : ride alongs this weekend!!!!

GlennCMC70
07-30-2007, 07:12 PM
there is a great possibility that there will be lots of people wanting ride alongs (military folks). so even if you are not willing to give a ride, please consider this:
i need everyone to bring any extra sets of 5 points you may have to the track w/ you. i would love to give rides, but i have no passenger seat or belts. i may be able to put in a stock seat, but i still need belts.

i'll give rides in my tow rig if i have to.
lets do what we can to make this a memorable event for the folks who were injured ensuring we keep the right to do this.

jeffburch
07-30-2007, 07:18 PM
I will be avail.

jb

AI#97
07-31-2007, 02:55 AM
I too have a seat ready....kids thing fell through so Vets it is.

michaelmosty
07-31-2007, 08:01 AM
I will bring my passenger seat (already have belts) and would love to give ride-alongs to ann interested.
I will also bring an extra 5-point belt that I have if anyone needs it.

How fast can we go into T7 with them? :D

Racebrat
07-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Special weekend At Texas World Speedway, August 4th.

NASA TX and The Allison Legacy Series have partnered to perform opening ceremonies on Saturday August 4th at Texas World Speedway. The ceremony is being conducted to honor our veterans past and present. Included in the ceremony will be our National Anthem and a sky diving team to deliver our State flag of Texas as well as our National Flag.

All veterans are invited to come out and enjoy the races. Several veterans that will be the guests of NASA TX as part of the program Operation Comfort’s Auto Motivation, a program to help veterans that have been injured in recent wars and conflicts, will give the most famous words in racing to the expected field of more than 25 Allison Legacy Series race cars.

The event will be held August 4th and 5th at Texas World Speedway. Gates open at 8 AM both days and admission is free to all military personnel. Civilian spectator admission is $10 for the entire weekend. Children under 12 are free.

Opening ceremony is scheduled to begin at 11:45am First race is schedule to take the green flag at 12:30pm on Saturday August 4th.

GlennCMC70
07-31-2007, 09:12 AM
guys, i'm looking for a race seat i can use for the weekend to mount in my passenger side.

also, dont worry about the dates on your 5 pts for the passenger side too much. just make sure they are in very good shape.

Racebrat
07-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Also, I forgot to add- we will have the track announcer there all weekend. If you haven't sent your info into Jay Carley, Clifton posted a thread on how to do that or you can send it to me at racebrat (at) charter (dot) net. I will also be combing the pits on Friday afternoon/evening gathering info for the announcer. If any of you are past or present Military, please include that in your info. We want to make sure that we honor ALL of our Vets.

To those of you out there- Thank You for what you do!

See y'all Friday!

PS- Misty- I'm working on getting garage assignments to you by Friday at the latest.

A

GlennCMC70
07-31-2007, 09:19 AM
Also, I forgot to add- we will have the track announcer there all weekend. If you haven't sent your info into Jay Carley, Clifton posted a thread on how to do that or you can send it to me at racebrat (at) charter (dot) net. I will also be combing the pits on Friday afternoon/evening gathering info for the announcer. If any of you are past or present Military, please include that in your info. We want to make sure that we honor ALL of our Vets.

To those of you out there- Thank You for what you do!

See y'all Friday!

PS- Misty- I'm working on getting garage assignments to you by Friday at the latest.

A

where did this post get made by Clifton?

AllZWay
07-31-2007, 09:33 AM

http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1256

michaelmosty
07-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Do we need to bring extra helmets for the ride-alongs?

Todd Covini
07-31-2007, 10:11 AM
I can take 3 riders in the Focus!!! 8)

Don't forget that we need to raise donations for the Jerry MacNeil Texas Challenge!! We're behind the SE Region by a bit and need to start pushing it out!!!

-=- Todd

AI#97
07-31-2007, 10:23 AM
All veterans are invited to come out and enjoy the races. Several veterans that will be the guests of NASA TX as part of the program Operation Comfort’s Auto Motivation, a program to help veterans that have been injured in recent wars and conflicts, will give the most famous words in racing to the expected field of more than 25 Allison Legacy Series race cars.

Are these guys going to be able to crawl through the monkey bars both in and out and will they have helpers? Typically with the terminally ill children programs, there are 5 volunteers to each kid for just such a thing. Going to need a few people to help that aren't driving the car! :oops:

GlennCMC70
07-31-2007, 11:10 AM

how in the hell did i miss an oppertunity to talk about myself? i must be slipping..... :roll:

yes, bring any helmets you have, even if its a M rated one.

rpoz27
08-01-2007, 12:46 PM
TWS has around 15 helmets that we use for MSC. We would be pleased as punch to loan them for the program this weekend.

donovan
08-01-2007, 04:16 PM

how in the hell did i miss an oppertunity to talk about myself? i must be slipping..... :roll:

This is strange... I was the first one to send anything... about 5 minutes after the original message.
:?
DD

GlennCMC70
08-01-2007, 05:08 PM
prediction - when David and Holly have a kid(s) her/she will surely havea shirt that says, "My Daddy is the MAN!" :lol:

donovan
08-01-2007, 05:42 PM
That is in all probability a good prediction!!! :D

AI#97
08-01-2007, 10:05 PM

What's going to be funny is when I slip Jay the "amended" version of information about Glenn Landrum and his #70 Camaro.... to make it authentic looking though I am going to have to forget how to spell for a minute or two!!! :P

jeffburch
08-02-2007, 05:35 AM
Laff owt lowd!!!!!!!!

jb

Racebrat
08-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Don't forget that we need to raise donations for the Jerry MacNeil Texas Challenge!! We're behind the SE Region by a bit and need to start pushing it out!!!

-=- Todd

We will have three hats out this weekend collecting donations for exactly that. I heard they raised about $425 at their last race by passing the hat. They will be at Registration, Driver's Lounge and the Concession stand. You can't miss 'em- they are glittery "Uncle Sam" looking things. Donate whatever you can- even if it's pocket change. We will count it up Sunday at lunch and give a final amount.

Pass the Hat for Jerry Mac!

See everyone soon!

A