PDA

View Full Version : Please watch the Disney Channel tonight ( 26 August )!!

Adam Ginsberg
08-26-2007, 11:02 AM
As some of you know ( and some of you may not ) my 16yo son, Seth, is an actor. Has been since the 4th grade. For those of you with kids, and are fortunate enough to have teachers that really care about their students.....listen to them.

He's auditioned for many roles, scored one in an indie movie (http://bigbendmovie.com/) that fell apart over financials, etc. Late last year, he was asked to put something on tape for Disney. We did....and didn't hear back until late Dec. His DFW agent told us we had to be in Austin in January for a callback. He nailed the part, and we stayed for a week so he could rehearse and film two episodes. A few months later, we were called to go back to Austin for two weeks to film 13 more episodes.

It's an interstitial ( short, 3-5 minute episodes ) called, "As The Bell Rings". It's a lower budget Disney production, shot with a single camera, few angles, filmed thru a window ( prop ), with 6 kids, about the stuff that goes on between classes in school. Based on a Italian Disney project called "Quelli dell'Intervallo". It's done well in Italy, well in Spain, Austrailia, but bombed in the UK because they changed the formula ( please discount all reviews of the UK project ). It's been advertised on The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, and a many others.

During the premier of High School Musical 2 over a week ago, they started showing promos of the show. They've been on all week long.

So...if you have school aged kids from ~8-15, please have them watch the Disney channel on 26 August @ 7:25pm and 7:55pm CT ( 8:25/8:55 ET/PT ). If your kids like it, and want to see more, please, please, please - email/write to Disney and tell them how they feel!!!

GlennCMC70
08-26-2007, 12:58 PM
i'll be sure and put a bag over my dish. :P

mitchntx
08-26-2007, 03:22 PM
That is great, Adam.

I know it's a struggle for your family to accommodate this rare opportunity for Seth.

GlennCMC70
08-26-2007, 04:05 PM
That is great, Adam.

I know it's a struggle for your family to accommodate this rare opportunity for Seth.

oh sure, take the high road w/ Adam, but if it was Todd - cat pics out the wazoo........ :roll:

macstang
08-26-2007, 04:12 PM
My 10 year old said that she will be watching tonight, she knows the show that you are talking about! Congrats for your son!

Cathie MacNeil

Todd Covini
08-26-2007, 05:46 PM
My 8 yr old daughter pointed out the commercials to me and I in turn pointed out Seth to my daughter.

The premiere is apparently highly anticipated within the 3rd Grade circles!

We'll be watching tonight.

-=- Todd

PS- Let it go, Glenn....Let it go. :wink:

marshall_mosty
08-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Adam,
I'll be wathing with my kiddos. Pass on my congrats to Seth. Hard work and determination pay off for more people than just Glenn. 8)

GlennCMC70
08-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Adam,
I'll be wathing with my kiddos. Pass on my congrats to Seth. Hard work and determination pay off for more people than just Glenn. 8)

hard work starts in 2009! :twisted:

Adam knows we are all happy to see Seth doing well in an industry thats really hard to get into.

i always say, if you cantbe famous yourself, have your kids make you famous. :P

mitchntx
08-26-2007, 06:29 PM
That is great, Adam.

oh sure, take the high road w/ Adam, but if it was Todd - cat pics out the wazoo........ :roll:

I LIKE Adam ....

Todd Covini
08-26-2007, 06:36 PM
http://www.thecatgallery.com/images/cat-monkey.jpg

mitchntx
08-26-2007, 07:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q43fjXQtLc

Rob Liebbe
08-26-2007, 09:24 PM
I watched two episodes with my kids. Seth was very good. Good luck to him in his acting career. It's cool that this is taking place in Texas instead of LA LA Land.

Todd Covini
08-26-2007, 09:37 PM
It WAS in LA LA land...and Seth was great!
Hope it makes the jump to it's own time slot.

mitchntx
08-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Was Seth the kid that kept spinning around, bumping into walls and other actors?

I slay me sometimes ... :lol:

AllZWay
08-27-2007, 08:43 AM
Adam....that is awesome. I just saw your post, but my kids watch that all the time. I guess I need to sit down and watch it with them.

Al Fernandez
08-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Was Seth the kid that kept spinning around, bumping into walls and other actors?

:lol: :lol:

So Adam...when do you find out more info as to where this is going?

Todd Covini
08-27-2007, 07:30 PM
I saw seth again tonight when I got home.
The drum scene is a riot.

I can see a lot of Adam in that boy.

-=- Todd

Adam Ginsberg
08-27-2007, 08:43 PM

No, that would be Corey's kid. ;)

So Adam...when do you find out more info as to where this is going?

Well, the entertainment industry is a "wait and see" deal...wait and see what happens, then rush around when they make the phone call. We have a call into his LA agent to see if there is anything further from Disney, but haven't heard back.

When we were in LA during July, there were many meetings @ 3800 Alameda Blvd in Burbank. They seem interested in having Seth in other projects, but.....you never know in this biz.

They'll be replaying the same episodes that aired Sunday evening all week long. New episodes should be out within another week or so...check your DVR guides/cable box guides.

Thanks for the compliments, folks - we're pretty proud of our boy(s).

For the life of me, I don't know where Seth gets it from.....

Racebrat
08-29-2007, 11:18 AM
My 2nd grader is now totally "twitter-pated" (everyone remember Bambi?) with Seth and the show! We DVR'ed both episodes and she watches them over and over. She loves the drum and clarinet scene. Her favorite is his character's name- she thinks "Toejam" is the funniest word ever invented! I can't count how many times we've seen As the Bell Rings and High School Musical 1 and 2.

A big congrats to Seth and your entire family on his big debut! Kaleigh can't wait to see more. Who do we direct mailings to at Disney to make sure this thing takes off?

BTW- just as a side note- knowing Seth's dad has made me pretty darn cool in the 2nd grade circles...Thanks Adam! :-)