PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!!!

RichardP
09-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Here is an awesome action shot of Donovan. Unfortunately, it's at his worst moment. The whole thing still makes me sick.

http://www.finishlineprod.net/2007_events/11_nationals/group_b/group_b_sun_race/IMG_5572.JPG

Congrats again for doing so well at Nationals. Sure wish it could have turned out better...

Richard P.

marshall_mosty
09-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Richard,
I just saw that pic and was going to post it... then you go and steal my thunder... 8)

AllZWay
09-19-2007, 11:54 AM
WOW... that sucks. I guess I missed it that DD had an accident.

AI#97
09-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Damn! I knew he went off but didn't realize he made it to the tire wall. The broadcast made it sound like he made it through the sand and made it around to another sand trap and got stuck...nothing about damage.

Hope he is Ok and the car isn't too bad... :cry:

donovan
09-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Ouch is right...

I'm fine and the car is okay... needs a fender, and rear quarter needs replaced...left rear tail light, left front headlights, the car hit rear quarter first, then slapped the front, front dug into the tires and the tires shot me back into the trap...

I was running third, made a pass on Robin Burnet for second and the brakes faded heading into T1, missed the turn went thru the gravel... when I made it back on track I was 6th or 7th... heading into T2 and was still checking the car to make sure I was okay to get back up to speed... when I went for the middle pedal it went to the floor and stayed there... the tire wall came up fast, it was all I could do to get the car turned a little to not have a head on impact.

Next year!
DD

GlennCMC70
09-19-2007, 02:31 PM
i'de like to see a sample of that brake fluid posted here.
<buying stock in SRF now>

AI#97
09-19-2007, 02:38 PM
david, what was the actual failure? Pads, fluid or M/C? I recently had issues on the 1.3 at Cresson where I could do about 5 10/10ths laps and would get the same problem. Switched over to the new motul 660 and only used it at TWS which felt fine as usual.

What fluid and pad were you running?

donovan
09-19-2007, 02:56 PM
I have been running PF01's with Valvoline Synthetic... at the track we switched to ATE Super Blue because I was having some slight fade in practice and the first Qual race...

I added brake ducts for the second Qual race and it was fine... I thought we had it all fixed... I guess not...

Still not sure if the failure was fluid related or the M/C took a crap... The first hint of a soft pedal was during the pass on Robin in T1, it went soft and got firm about half stroke, I did not have enough track to pump the pedal, when I reacted and pumped it I was in the grass already...

Then when I got back on track and was assessing the situation, the plan was to make T2 and decided what to do… but when I went for the pedal it went to the floor, no brakes at all, when I tried to pump it, it stayed on the floor… I was moving my foot real fast, so if it was just boiling fluid, it may not have had enough time as I push it about 10 times before I hit the wall… regardless, I’m replacing the master cylinder and going to look at the entire brake system.

DD

NASA13
09-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Here is an awesome action shot of Donovan. Unfortunately, it's at his worst moment. The whole thing still makes me sick.

http://www.finishlineprod.net/2007_events/11_nationals/group_b/group_b_sun_race/IMG_5572.JPG

Congrats again for doing so well at Nationals. Sure wish it could have turned out better...

Richard P.

<Barf>

Meet you at the shop Dave.
When I build my track, I will have catch cables all around the track and hooks on every competitor. Just like Aircraft carriers.
hmmmm ,I better patent that real quick.

rpoz27
09-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Damn, DD! Martin and I are glad you're alright. That looks brutal.

Todd Covini
09-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Here you go, buddy.
This is what it looked like. :wink:

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/196527.jpg

Adam Ginsberg
09-21-2007, 10:26 AM
Here you go, buddy.
This is what it looked like. :wink:

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/196527.jpg

Now that's a great shot...with RB in the background!!