PDA

View Full Version : My plans for 2008. a friendly heads up.

GlennCMC70
09-29-2007, 09:21 PM
its been a long 3 years of making every event since March 2005. two trips to Nationals added into that, and i'm ready to slow down some.
i was supposed to take 2007 off, but that didn't work out too well. so i'm shooting for 2008 as my off year now. but realistically i'm sure that at best i'll be able to sit out about half (MSR-H for sure). i'm already working on the trip to Mid Ohio for 2008 in hopes for a win.

so i was thinking of making the best of 2008 and i am considering forming a team w/ someone who can make the events i'm not going to make in 2008. for now, i'm planning to keep the team options in house, but there is always a possibility that may not happen. so consider this plenty of notice to think it over if your in the same boat.

don't worry, i'm not selling the car or moving on to another class. its just that work is really ramping up now that the merger is complete and having 2 kids who are getting older are requiring more of my time.

mitchntx
09-29-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm so disgusted I might be gone for 2007 as well.

I cannot believe what some will spend in order to win.

Friendship is a tall price to pay.

ShadowBolt
09-30-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm so disgusted I might be gone for 2007 as well.

I cannot believe what some will spend in order to win.

Friendship is a tall price to pay.

What did we miss? I'm sure it's none of my business but you did post it?

JJ

jeffburch
09-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Don't ask Jerry.
Just normal LaW marital bliss that has spilled out onto the sidewalk.

jb

ShadowBolt
09-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Don't ask Jerry.

jb

Okay.

JJ

mitchntx
09-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Kreskin is off ....

http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1333

GlennCMC70
09-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Don't ask Jerry.

jb

For once Jeff, you haven't a clue about what you speak of. mine and Mitch's friendship have never been in better shape than it is right now.

My topic and first post has nothing to do w/ Mitch's post. The only thing related between the two is time off from racing.

mitchntx
09-30-2007, 01:43 PM
is time off from

How about

"time away from"

Rob Liebbe
10-01-2007, 07:56 AM
If we get enough Camaro "retirees", then the Mustangs can make a charge for the Championship!!!!!

Just kidding - there is no platform parity, there is no platform parity, there is no platform parity.

Hey, the therapy is working!!!!

But seriously, Glenn's presence would be missed.

GlennCMC70
10-01-2007, 08:02 AM
If we get enough Camaro "retirees", then the Mustangs can make a charge for the Championship!!!!!

Just kidding - there is no platform parity, there is no platform parity, there is no platform parity.

Hey, the therapy is working!!!!

But seriously, Glenn's presence would be missed.

as a director i will still attend every event, it just may not be w/ my car. one of the things i want to do in 2008 is also step up the director thing too.

AI#97
10-01-2007, 09:13 PM
its been a long 3 years of making every event since March 2005. two trips to Nationals added into that, and i'm ready to slow down some.
i was supposed to take 2007 off, but that didn't work out too well. so i'm shooting for 2008 as my off year now. but realistically i'm sure that at best i'll be able to sit out about half (MSR-H for sure). i'm already working on the trip to Mid Ohio for 2008 in hopes for a win.

so i was thinking of making the best of 2008 and i am considering forming a team w/ someone who can make the events i'm not going to make in 2008. for now, i'm planning to keep the team options in house, but there is always a possibility that may not happen. so consider this plenty of notice to think it over if your in the same boat.

don't worry, i'm not selling the car or moving on to another class. its just that work is really ramping up now that the merger is complete and having 2 kids who are getting older are requiring more of my time.

I have to ask...is your offer to "team up" an open invitation to put someone in your car that can actually drive?! I mean you did say you were thinking of a win in 2008?!!! Kachigga!!! Sometimes I just kill myself!

Oh, and I WILL be available for hire next year! :wink:

This was meant in fun Glenn!!!! check my post for spelling errors!!! :P

Al Fernandez
10-02-2007, 10:34 PM
:lol:

Hey Glenn, are you expecting to interview drivers or what? I think you should team up with a Ford guy. That strategy did wonders for my points tally!! :lol:

GlennCMC70
10-02-2007, 10:38 PM
:lol:

Hey Glenn, are you expecting to interview drivers or what? I think you should team up with a Ford guy. That strategy did wonders for my points tally!! :lol:

i hope to never fall to the level in which you have peaked. :wink:

Todd Covini
10-02-2007, 11:04 PM
I'll be your Huckleberry.
Stock up on trannies and we'll trade platforms.
You can prove you're a Champion, in a convertible, no less! :wink:

-=- Todd

michaelmosty
10-02-2007, 11:39 PM

-=- Todd
You are talking about a Ford. Since it is a Ford, it hasn't been prepared to anywhere near the extent of the GM's. No need for a GM driver to subject himself to that abuse. :wink:

Al Fernandez
10-03-2007, 12:40 AM
True, Mike, but similarly logically, his driving will improve :lol: :wink:

AI#97
10-03-2007, 08:50 PM

-=- Todd

Hey Todd...the ranchero insanity is starting to spread! I just bought a 97 Cobra Convertible today! Needs a motor but might become my new instructor weekend car! :lol:

Todd Covini
10-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Nothing like an open air drive on the countryside road course on a Sunday morning with a passenger who is clenching the pleather for his life...and lovin' every minute of it!!!

-=- Todd

BryanL
10-05-2007, 12:06 PM
That should be reworded to say.
Nothing like jumping your open air truck like you are in the Baja 1000 on a Friday afternoon with the passenger hoping this isn't the end of their career as the trees are getting closer.

Todd Covini
10-05-2007, 03:51 PM
....and lovin' every minute of it?!?!?! :?

GlennCMC70
10-05-2007, 03:59 PM
why is this thread not about me anymore? bunch od attention whores....

Fbody383
10-05-2007, 04:02 PM
why is this thread not about me anymore?

GlennCMC70 is the BEST!

GlennCMC70
10-05-2007, 04:07 PM

GlennCMC70 is the BEST!

sounds like a great idea for a shirt. you should sell them!

be sure and make at least 2 in a kids size.

michaelmosty
10-05-2007, 06:32 PM

GlennCMC70 is the BEST!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Proctor might make his own shirts to compete!! :P

AllZWay
10-07-2007, 02:02 PM

GlennCMC70 is the BEST!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Proctor might make his own shirts to compete!! :P

Yep.... maybe my kids could do a better job of talking crap than me. :D

MikeP99Z
10-17-2007, 01:27 AM
hmmmmm