PDA

View Full Version : MSRH changes

rpoz27
10-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Apparently, more changes to the track have been made recently. As I have not seen these changes personally, I cannot say whether they are a help or not.

Concrete runoff areas have been added at the inside of turn 1, outside of 2B at track out, outside of diamond's edge (or whatever it is called), bus stop, and driver's right between 16 & 17 between the track and the gravel trap. Curbing separates the runoff from the track. I was told that the curbing is substantial and "capable of ripping out suspension" should you drive over it. I think the main purpose for the runoff is to prevent debris from being brought back on track in the event of a minor off.

Can anyone confirm and comment?

NASA13
10-02-2007, 03:50 PM
That sounds like Houston.
A sportscar circuit dedicated to destroying one car at a time.
MSRH must be a secret tree hugging org dedicated to saving trees by killing beavers....errr I mean racecars

donovan
10-02-2007, 03:56 PM
After my brief visit with a tire wall at Mid-Ohio I'm not looking forward to our return to MSRH....

That reminds me, I still need to fix my car... damn it... :(

DD

GlennCMC70
10-02-2007, 04:00 PM
see you guys w/ my car in 2008 at R2! no MSR-H for me in 2008. 3 times this year was just too much. 2 times last year was ok.
that track record is up for grabs.

RichardP
10-02-2007, 04:01 PM
I heard there were some changes to the track to allow clockwise driving. Something about an S-turn or such to lower speeds when pointing towards the pit wall. I have no real details.

Richard P.

rpoz27
10-02-2007, 06:38 PM
I heard about the proposed S turn a while back. Has yet to happen. I was told that its purpose was to force us to slow down going CCW.

A set of chicanes at the end of the pit straight...cuz that'd make things so much less messy on starts.:roll:

mitchntx
10-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Has the person in charge of MSR-H ever driven a car? any car?

jeffburch
10-02-2007, 07:12 PM
They could put a looptie-loop on the thing ala my Hot Wheels track circa 1966.

jb

AllZWay
10-03-2007, 07:59 AM
They could put a looptie-loop on the thing ala my Hot Wheels track circa 1966.

jb

Oh yea..... maybe it should be suggested. :lol:

Fbody383
10-03-2007, 11:50 AM
I called and spoke to Stuart at MSRH... sorry JB, no looptie-loop.

Here's my takeaway:

1) T1 - sounds like changes to address pit-out and entry into the carousel. These changes sound like they increased the radius of T1 to shallow up the entry to the carousel and added some camber to the turn. Stuart's comments was it is a faster corner now with better flow into the long right hander and that the camber gets cars turned better down the straight when running clockwise.

2) Runoff - Stuart described the run-off as the addition of asphalt on the outside of the track at the carousel, diamonds-edge and another couple of places including between 16-17 and pit-in.

3) Curbing - I understood him to say that no changes were made to the curbing on the outside of the track when the runoff was put in, i.e. if you've been off before you know the results except that now you'll likely end up on asphalt instead of in a rice field.

that track record is up for grabs

Nice, this one's close to the house...

AI#97
10-05-2007, 03:03 PM
I called and spoke to Stuart at MSRH... sorry JB, no looptie-loop.

Here's my takeaway:

1) T1 - sounds like changes to address pit-out and entry into the carousel. These changes sound like they increased the radius of T1 to shallow up the entry to the carousel and added some camber to the turn. Stuart's comments was it is a faster corner now with better flow into the long right hander and that the camber gets cars turned better down the straight when running clockwise.

Hmm....maybe I will try for JG's record again! only .4 off!!!