PDA

View Full Version : We have a Rookies Race

jeffburch
04-18-2006, 09:20 PM
I was looking at the season points and the rookies caught my eye.

Mosty
Dawdy/Carr
Bishop/Macneil

good job guys.

Real close battle happening so far.

jb

CMC17
04-19-2006, 07:28 AM

Mosty
Dawdy/Carr
Bishop/Macneil

good job guys.

jb

Where's Corey? Thought he was right there with them.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8)

Todd Covini
04-22-2006, 10:53 PM

Mosty
Dawdy/Carr
Bishop/Macneil

good job guys.

jb

How is it now??? I'm sitting at home wishing I was there. Who is going to come out of Round 3 on top in the Rookie Race???

-=- Todd

PS- I heard Mosty got a podium?!?!?!

Mike Bell
04-23-2006, 10:49 AM
I'm back home (blew clutch in R2) but here's what I recall of Saturday's race results in CMC:

R1: Burch, Varner, Warren

R2: Landrum, Varner, Mosty

NASA13
04-24-2006, 10:31 PM

Mosty
Dawdy/Carr
Bishop/Macneil

good job guys.

jb

8)

Laugh it up smarty pants. I will be back, and then you have to answer to new "Super Musterd" I suggest you pipe down and go look for that 30 torque you are missing, because old Musterd is sportin 287. :lol:

CMC17
04-25-2006, 07:35 AM

Mosty
Dawdy/Carr
Bishop/Macneil

good job guys.

jb

8)

Laugh it up smarty pants. I will be back, and then you have to answer to new "Super Musterd" I suggest you pipe down and go look for that 30 torque you are missing, because old Musterd is sportin 287. :lol:

LOL!! 8)

I found a good deal on a LT1 that CMC17 might be sportin'. Yep, watching those GM guys pull away as I'm struggling with the little power I have is depressing. lol :D I can only catch them in the corners but the 350's definitely rule. Time to make some magic happen with CMC17. MSR-H will be a different story this time. <chuckles>

GlennCMC70
04-25-2006, 10:37 AM
lets compair tq from say 3.5K and up (where the motors stay in a race) and see how they compair. my peak TQ is @ 2k-2.5k. its a fast down hill slide from there. i did bump the power some thursday. the dyno @ the ranch had me making 215 or less and 280tq or less w/ the restrictor i had from the first two races (LG dyno reads high). so i went up from a 31mm to a 33mm. i also carried more weight all weekend than i ever had. to the tune of over 50 lbs. that helped my push some.
most of my gains from this past weekend were from nothing more than shocks in the front and a spring rate change in the rear. been having a bad push, and i'm just now confident enough to start trying to tune it out.
plus mike worked w/ me on air pressures and his advise for the long race was priceless. i was gonna try and save the car, mike said "use it up!'. well i did. sounded like the trans was gonna fall out on the way to impound. my weight after the race was like 3240.

as for MSR-H, well i did pretty bad there last time. i dont exspect much change next month.

jeffburch
04-25-2006, 10:51 AM
lets compair tq from say 3.5K and up (where the motors stay in a race) and see how they compair. my peak TQ is @ 2k-2.5k. its a fast down hill slide from there. i did bump the power some thursday. the dyno @ the ranch had me making 215 or less and 280tq or less w/ the restrictor i had from the first two races (LG dyno reads high). so i went up from a 31mm to a 33mm. i also carried more weight all weekend than i ever had. to the tune of over 50 lbs. that helped my push some.
most of my gains from this past weekend were from nothing more than shocks in the front and a spring rate change in the rear. been having a bad push, and i'm just now confident enough to start trying to tune it out.
plus mike worked w/ me on air pressures and his advise for the long race was priceless. i was gonna try and save the car, mike said "use it up!'. well i did. sounded like the trans was gonna fall out on the way to impound. my weight after the race was like 3240.

as for MSR-H, well i did pretty bad there last time. i dont exspect much change next month.

Oh, I see. Mike set me up. He told me b4 the race to not slide my tires.
At 10min left in race, then go use up the car. With you up my shoot the whole time, there was no saving. It was a 40min sprint. 4 wheel drift the whole time. Has anyone EVER corded one of these tires? I can't do it.
Oh, I was 3180 something post race.

jb

AI#97
04-25-2006, 12:20 PM
. Has anyone EVER corded one of these tires? I can't do it.
Oh, I was 3180 something post race.

jb

I tried my best to do so in the 40.... They are the same tires I had at Houston and were new, last event at Cresson, an AX with a lot of rear tire spin and smoke, ran this event and now they look perfect for another event or two!! I love them toyos! It will be interesting to see what the lap times were toward the end of the race though because the tires did seem to be going away......a little. :wink:

GlennCMC70
04-25-2006, 12:33 PM
he told me to not slide the tires too. sliding the tires and saving the car are 2 different things.
i only wish my car would 4 wheel drift. :?

jeffburch
04-25-2006, 12:38 PM
he told me to not slide the tires too. sliding the tires and saving the car are 2 different things.

Ya just need more speed @ the center of the corner. :wink:
When it pushes nail the gas.

(I thought you were gonna call.
Now's a good time for me.)

jb

y5e06
04-25-2006, 02:38 PM

I think I've got that covered...

Adam Ginsberg
04-25-2006, 03:01 PM

I think I've got that covered...

You and me both. :)

mitchntx
04-25-2006, 03:35 PM
I found a good deal on a LT1 that CMC17 might be sportin'. Yep, watching those GM guys pull away as I'm struggling with the little power I have is depressing. lol :D I can only catch them in the corners but the 350's definitely rule. Time to make some magic happen with CMC17. MSR-H will be a different story this time. <chuckles>

The grass is always greener ....

I wish I could carry less weight and had a shorter wheelbase. I also wish I could rev as far as I wanted and had "aftermarket" support like Ford Motorsports.

I also wish I had to install a periscope to be able to see due to all the stickers obscuring my vision ...

http://bluestormmusic.com/store/images/rollingstones_sympathyremixes.jpg

8)

CMC17
04-25-2006, 03:41 PM

The grass is always greener ....

I wish I could carry less weight and had a shorter wheelbase. I also wish I could rev as far as I wanted and had "aftermarket" support like Ford Motorsports.

I also wish I had to install a periscope to be able to see due to all the stickers obscuring my vision ...

8)

There's a message in there somewhere. 8)

mitchntx
04-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Hey ... I'm trying and down a few.

It certainly doesn't come off as easily as it goes on ....