View Full Version : 10 Great Cheats To Make You Faster

jeffburch
10-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks to Ken Myers!

http://www.ioportracing.com/faq/makeUfaster.htm

jb

BryanL
10-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the link to help out goobers like myself.

Now how do I find a driving coach that won't drive and break my motor?

Bryan

Todd Covini
10-11-2007, 08:58 PM
I can help you. 8)

BryanL
10-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Edit-and break my tranny.

GlennCMC70
10-11-2007, 09:46 PM
edit - and hit a tree!

jeffburch
10-11-2007, 09:50 PM
- or land in a tree

jb

BryanL
10-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Would anyone be willing to share a checklist they use for the races? I am assuming some have a spreadsheet for everything to do to the car the day of a race, after a weekend, what spare parts to have in the trailer and stuff like that? I think it would be worth my time to have something like this around and figure I could cheat off someone else??

Bryan

Fbody383
10-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Would anyone be willing to share a checklist they use for the races? I am assuming some have a spreadsheet for everything to do to the car the day of a race, after a weekend, what spare parts to have in the trailer and stuff like that? I think it would be worth my time to have something like this around and figure I could cheat off someone else??

Bryan

+1

C'mon, it's not like it's the SAT or anything special...

((psst... Bryan, thanks for asking before I did))

jeffburch
10-16-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't have a list per se.
Just what's inside my ole coconut.
My list starts the weekend of an event.
I start making a mental list of what needs to be done.
I usually have the car on jack stands with the wheels off Sun or Mon after an event.
I throw a list on the windshield and start adding/subtracting from it as soon as possible.
My shopping list will be there as well.
Fab list, replacement list, repair list.
I don't dick around. I knock as many things off as soon as I can.
There is always stuff that gets delayed that take up time near the next event.
So, I get easily done stuff done asap.
jb

mitchntx
10-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Other than normal fluids and pressures ...

The thing that will save you from a long weekend is ...

- wash the car first thing after a race weekend

- like Jeff, I put the car up on jack stands and yank the wheels. I always wash the wheels and tires ... front, back tread, everywhere. It's easier to see cracks in the wheels and weird tread wear of chunks gone from the tire.

- lay down on a creeper, get a handfull of wrenches and put a wrench on every nut and bolt you can.

- look closely at spinning and moving parts. Have a good coat of paint on them and see if the paint is rubbed off anywhere. I noticed that my PHB had a scrape. As I felt around I noticed it had taken a heckuva shot recently. So, it's on my replacement list ($20 from Coleman).

- clean up oil leaks. Even if you can't stop them completely, clean them up any way. You never know when a new one will crop up.

- paint over any scrapes, nicks or gouges. Gotta know what is old and what is new.

Fbody383
10-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks guys...

AI#97
10-16-2007, 03:59 PM

Bryan

uhm...

1. Put race car in trailer...
2. Drive to the event...
3. Unload race car.
4. Put gas in race car.
5. Double check that I didn't leave my helmet at home!!! Probably should put this at item 1!! :wink:

Waco Racer
10-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Matt, don't forget to check the air in your helmet, err... I mean tires. :P

michaelmosty
10-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Also check to make sure your lug nuts are tight. :P

mitchntx
10-16-2007, 05:51 PM

Now THAT'S funny, right there ... I don't care who you are.

AllZWay
10-16-2007, 06:30 PM

doh!! :D

On a serious not.... I pretty much follow the same pattern as Mitch and Jeff.

David Love AI27
10-16-2007, 07:06 PM
make sure to detail list such as socks, credentials... little things that could keep you off the track... oh and spares!!...

AI#97
10-16-2007, 08:16 PM

Good one Micheal! I figure I am only in month 16 of the 120 months sentence I strapped myself with that day by being a goofball. I just wish someone else would pull the same bone headed move to take the heat off me!!! :oops: Sadly, it might take the full ten years sort of like it did for Todd!!!! :lol:

mitchntx
10-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Be right back ... headed to the shop to check lugnut torque.

Fbody383
10-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Be right back ... headed to the shop to check lugnut torque.

and hood pins...

GlennCMC70
10-17-2007, 11:34 AM

Good one Micheal! I figure I am only in month 16 of the 120 months sentence I strapped myself with that day by being a goofball. I just wish someone else would pull the same bone headed move to take the heat off me!!! :oops: Sadly, it might take the full ten years sort of like it did for Todd!!!! :lol:

Matt, we are really glad you have sacraficed yourself this way in order to prevent another "loose wheel" incident. its really big of you. think of all the carnage you and you alone are preventing. and all its costing is a little of your pride! thanks buddy. :wink:

AI#97
10-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Matt, we are really glad you have sacraficed yourself this way in order to prevent another "loose wheel" incident. its really big of you. think of all the carnage you and you alone are preventing. and all its costing is a little of your pride! thanks buddy. :wink:

I see as VERY publically learning a lesson for the great majority!!!

Sort of makes it seem more noble!! :lol:

I am just thankful that it was only one wheel (Think RX7 Video), I didn't do any more damage than that trash can, I actually finished the race AND still made it to tech after the race!!! :wink: