PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Testing at MSRC that is a member??

BryanL
10-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Just curious if I could weazle my way out onto the track before Houston to test out the motor?

Bryan "If you aren't first your last"

TEXAST1
10-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Bry, Whas up wit yo mota?

KM

BryanL
10-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Its back in the car and running without making a ton of racket and I have oil pressure on the factory gauge. I was lucky as it was only the bearings but I also replaced oil pump to be on the safe side. Right now I am bypassing the cooler and accusump by running the lines in a loop. I think I will hook up the oil cooler but maybe cap off the line going to the accusump and not have that in the car. I think it needs to be taken apart and cleaned.
You have any plans on going out to Cresson to test before H-town?

You having a Racecraft school/session? I need to finish the license process to get ready for rookie status for 08.

TEXAST1
10-12-2007, 10:55 AM
I would try to get the accusump cleaned before the event. LS1s are notorious for loosing oil pressure in sweepers and will take out the rod bearings. Fill it up with air and let it blow it load. The don't circulate oil. It has a single line in and out.

Yes, we will have a school for Houston. Be there. I will not be there until 1PM. I am in Seattle until 6Am Saturday morning and flying strait into Houston.

marshall_mosty
10-12-2007, 03:04 PM
The only way the accusump cycles is if the motor does lose pressure and some of the capacity is dumped back into the motor. When it refills, you get a mix of whatever is circulating.

Also, I always "blow" the accusump into the motor before startup so I have instant oil pressure. Just make sure you close the valve before turning off the engine.

BryanL
10-14-2007, 09:19 PM
I need to hook it up in the car as it has an electric valve on it and appears to be in the closed position. Then I'll see what comes out with some air pressure.

Look me up when you get in to get the license stuff taken care of. Let me know if you ever want to meet in Plano for lunch sometime, too.

Bryan

BryanL
10-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Accusump is hooked up correctly and I have oil pressure on both gauges. Thanks for the tips. Once I put some air on it and hooked it up when I hit the switch it blew its load.
Looking to make it through the weekend without having to pull the motor when I get home!
Bryan