PDA

View Full Version : Barber results?

michaelmosty
10-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Does anyone have news from the racing at Barber this weekend?

Todd Covini
10-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Adam established the CMC track record.
Burch, Ginsberg, MacNeil 1-2-3 in yesterday's race.
Our CMC guys were apparently posting times faster than most of their AI cars.

-=- T

jeffburch
10-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Great Pumpkin Run Enduro

AG
Started 55, finished 16

JM
Started 25, dnf/fuel pump

JB
Started 33, finished 6th
I got Warren Wallaced into armco (vid soon) (aka Balled to the wall).
Minor scratch on RR quarter, no biggie.

76 cars started :D

jb

Adam Ginsberg
10-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Unfortunately, no other local CMC cars showed up @ Barber....just JB, JM and myself.

There were 9 AI cars, and 3 AIX cars. The AIX cars weren't full blown AIX machines.....Ed McGuire's car was really an AI car with just over CMC power ( 255hp/~280-ish tq ).

In Saturday's race, JB and I were faster than ALL the AIX cars, and all but one of the AI cars ( William Brownie in an S197 car )...by several seconds.

Outstanding facility. Very impressive. We didn't get a chance to see the museum.

Huge, mega, massive thanks to Boudy/Argent Labs for his continued support, and to Richard Pedersen for being my crew chief for the weekend. Couldn't have done it without either of them.

And...to JB for Saturday's race. We were nose to tail damn near the entire 40min race. Good stuff. ;)

mitchntx
10-15-2007, 08:06 AM
And...to JB for Saturday's race. We were nose to tail damn near the entire 40min race. Good stuff. ;)

Great job, Adam ... especially when you are handicapped so badly by the platform you drive. Excellent driving skills balancing on a knife edge at 2Gs. I'm thoroughly impressed.

Adam Ginsberg
10-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Dammit - can we not shit up this thread like so many others? Let's just chat about the Barber event without turning into a Jerry Springer show again. :roll:

The 1 hour enduro was a blast. Lot's of traffic, both faster and slower. Not a single full course caution, no major contact ( save for JB's armco brush ), and two mechanical DNF's. 39 passes for position. Whoohoo! I'd do another enduro like that in a heartbeat, mild weather permitting.

It appears we've started an inter-regional gig....the SE AI drivers are talking about coming to a TX event in 2008. However, we'd better step up the TX banquet and event fun quotient....the SE knows how to put on an event like no other region I've raced at. These guys know how to have fun.

mitchntx
10-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Adam ... while there was sarcasm involved, my heartfelt congrats were serious. Sounds like you did well.

jeffburch
10-15-2007, 09:45 AM
What 2 major things happened (or didn't) at the banquet Adam??
Huh, Huh??

jb

Adam Ginsberg
10-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Adam ... while there was sarcasm involved, my heartfelt congrats were serious. Sounds like you did well.

Thanks Mitch. I knew your congrats were serious. Let's keep it on the high-road.

GlennCMC70
10-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Huh, Huh??

jb

spill the beans man!
sounds like you guys had fun. too bad you drove all that way only to race yourselves.
Adam, do you still hold the track record? whats that now, 3 tracks that TX holds the track record to that are outside of the TX region? nice. 8)

you 2 guys making the MSR-H event?

Adam Ginsberg
10-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Huh, Huh??

I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to, but....I'll take a guess.

#1 - Jeff took 3rd place in the SE CMC regional points race after only attending 2 events, much to Jim Panties dismay.

#2 - they did not give Jerry the check this weekend for an important reason that I won't discuss publicly. NASA has a good reason for hanging onto it right now.

sounds like you guys had fun. too bad you drove all that way only to race yourselves.

Are you kidding?? It was worth the drive, no doubt about it. It's great to race at world renowed tracks with a region that really knows how to treat it's racers right.

Adam, do you still hold the track record?

That's a bit up in the air. ;)

I ran a 1:46.494 in Saturdays race ( on lap 14 no less!! ). JB had a 1:46.592. That was a normal regional race.

Sunday was an Enduro. As such, car classing is a bit different. CMC fits in E1 ( IIRC ). Jeff ran a 1:46.139 in the Enduro. Unfortunately, I held back waayyyy too much on Sunday in an effort to save fuel ( didn't need to ).

There was no tech after the Enduro. There was no tech after the Sat race either, however, I went to tech and had the car weighed, as per the rules. 3197 post race.

So, I claim the lap record in the regional race for CMC, he can claim the Enduro E1 lap record. :D

you 2 guys making the MSR-H event?

I can't speak for Jeff, but after racing some of the best tracks in the US this year, I have no interest to race @ MSR-H.

michaelmosty
10-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Awesome job guys, congrats to all!!!!! I can't wait to see video from the weekend.

How did they handle the start with 76 cars?

macstang
10-15-2007, 11:38 AM
One BIG mess.......No, there were no accidents and it was a flying start, all went off well and it was GREAT for the spectators!!

jeffburch
10-15-2007, 12:37 PM
So, I claim the lap record in the regional race for CMC, he can claim the Enduro E1 lap record. :D

Over achieving asshole!!!!!

jb

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/pics/GPR_07_edit_MedQual..wmv

AI#97
10-15-2007, 01:20 PM
So how did you guys do on fuel for the 60 minute race? Was there a stop or did you just go 6/10ths for the first 40 minutes then step it up?

I sort of like the idea of those guys coming this direction...they might not know what they are getting into! 70% of our CMC field would be racing their AI cars for position and they would probably be filing protest after protest that our AI cars our so damn fast!

Sort of wish I had gone but just wasn't in the cards. Those guys wouldn't know what to think had I shown!

michaelmosty
10-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Awesome video JB!! It looked like an amazing track.

It's pretty crazy seeing such a wide variety of cars on track. The little matchbox car reminded me of the birkins. :shock:

Cody Powell
10-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Jb why did you start so far back? Just for the sport?

Adam Ginsberg
10-15-2007, 05:59 PM
Jb why did you start so far back? Just for the sport?

Grid position was decided by pulling a number out of a hat. JM originally got 35, JB 25, and I got 55. JM and JB swapped, but no one would swap with me for some strange reason. ;)

mitchntx
10-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Adam, what did you change on the car to be so fast.
You seemed to struggle some at Nationals.

Mitch "trying to learn about how changes affect lap times in a Mustang" Warren

jeffburch
10-15-2007, 07:48 PM
pic from BMP
jb
http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/pics/87222473_fGSzHc9s.jpg

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/pics/87222528_ehi1HvlK.jpg

Todd Covini
10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Nice driving, Jeff!!!
Somehow I knew when you came up on the evil red Camaro that he would be your huckleberry.
Very cool to see you come out on top of that tango.
You, the boys and the girls, made us proud over there!

-=- Todd

(edited to include the girls)

macstang
10-15-2007, 10:03 PM
I have some pictures posted in the gallery, I have more, but will post more tomorrow once I have slept some more!!

Cathie

Adam Ginsberg
10-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Adam, what did you change on the car to be so fast.

Washed it.

jeffburch
10-16-2007, 06:35 AM
Washed your mind.

jb

Adam Ginsberg
10-16-2007, 07:50 AM
Washed your mind.

In all honesty, that was 90% of my problem at the Nats. It wasn't a problem @ Barber.