PDA

View Full Version : Lap Times from Pit Happens '07?

GlennCMC70
10-16-2007, 10:27 PM
anyone have lap times from the Pit Happens event that was held at Hallett this year?

GlennCMC70
10-16-2007, 10:29 PM
also, if you have your own personal best, thats all i really need.

GlennCMC70
10-16-2007, 10:43 PM
never mind. i found them on My Laps.
if anyone is intrested, look for yourself. i noticed that the current CMC track record (1:29.6xx) is not the fastest recorded lap by a CMC car. in fact, its a full second lower. we dont count qual laps, so thats why its not a track record. in fact its still a full second faster than what the 2006 CMC TX region Champ ran at Hallet this year (1:29.5) at Pit Happens.

evarner
10-17-2007, 11:22 AM
never mind. i found them on My Laps.
if anyone is intrested, look for yourself. i noticed that the current CMC track record (1:29.6xx) is not the fastest recorded lap by a CMC car. in fact, its a full second lower. we dont count qual laps, so thats why its not a track record. in fact its still a full second faster than what the 2006 CMC TX region Champ ran at Hallet this year (1:29.5) at Pit Happens.

Who was it during qual? Just curious since I've long forgotten about it.

Thank you.

GlennCMC70
10-17-2007, 11:30 AM
i found them on My Laps.
if anyone is intrested, look for yourself.

unless we can all agree to have a calm CONVERSATION about this, i will not get into it much more than i have already.

jeffburch
10-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Which I will calmly point out refutes all the "my platform isn't competitve" bunk.

:arrow: :)

jb

AI#97
10-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Spill the beans...was it Mosty or Daron?!

mitchntx
10-17-2007, 12:23 PM
BTW ... where does Batman live?

GlennCMC70
10-17-2007, 12:56 PM
BTW ... where does Batman live?

once again, i just pissed my pants!

jeffburch
10-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Nope, that's wrong.
His car wasn't dyno cert'd.
Somebody else.

jb

evarner
10-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Ok, found it and without any bias either way or trying to incite a big slugfest. Was the car ever checked and tech'd along with having a current dyno sheet? I'm afraid the answer is no and the lap time should not be considered valid in this conversation.

Please keep it civilized if you respond to the above statement.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I'm sure if the top three or four in points for CMC were to run Hallett again they wouldn't have any problems beating the unofficial best lap by over a second. :D (It's ok to flame me on this statement)

mitchntx
10-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Ok, found it and without any bias either way or trying to incite a big slugfest. Was the car ever checked and tech'd along with having a current dyno sheet? I'm afraid the answer is no and the lap time should not be considered valid in this conversation.

Please keep it civilized if you respond to the above statement.

Like any CMC competitor that brings a car to race within our or any other group, I'm sure the car was 100% legal.

And because the lap was turned during qual, it doesn't count any way.

So, having the cert really doesn't matter.

Had the lap been turned during a race, his hood would've been sealed. He would have reported to a dyno and all this what if would be moot.

Bottom line, any one that was there and knows him more than casually, knows that he is a fast.

GlennCMC70
10-17-2007, 01:09 PM
so we are saying "that car" was able to make more power than 230/300 when no other CMC Ford can?

mitchntx
10-17-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm sure if the top three or four in points for CMC were to run Hallett again they wouldn't have any problems beating the unofficial best lap by over a second. :D (It's ok to flame me on this statement)

Just fishin', eh?

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/205500/205576KPro_w.gif

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2763993/2/istockphoto_2763993_cat_fishing.jpg

http://www.clemetzoo.com/images/animals/1024_CatFishing.jpg

evarner
10-17-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm not saying anything about HP and certain types of cars. :D

I really liked Hallett and was bummed when an unfortunate incident happened that sent me home early. It was a new track to me and a lot of fun! The track workers were awesome! Loved the icecream cones!

GlennCMC70
10-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Jeff ran there this year (remember, he's the National Champ for 2007 and the National Champoinship's Track record holder) and he best'ed it by a tenth, not a second or two.

i can also bet good money that "that car" didnt have a torque arm, a SLA (whatever that is) front conversion, or anything of that sort. he did it on a CMC legal suspension package. i also think his power was inline w/ most other CMC Fox cars.

anyone remember if it was carb'ed or EFI?
if i owned a Fox Ford, i would be getting w/ "him" and finding out what he ran set-up wise. i however would not drink the "kool aid" he may offer you.
anyways, there's the water. drink if you want.

michaelmosty
10-17-2007, 01:44 PM
The TOW TRUCK driver is awesome!! :shock:

michaelmosty
10-17-2007, 01:57 PM
OK, am I just flat out missing something?
I found the results on mylaps and don't see that anyone (except JB) that got into the 1.29's during qual. or practice. I assume it is a guy in a Fox but don't see who it could be. What am I missing???

mitchntx
10-17-2007, 02:02 PM
What am I missing???

2006?

GlennCMC70
10-17-2007, 02:04 PM
i didnt say it was this year. i was looking for the Pit Happens info to ensure i looked at data from every year. i know the Pit Happens event was also not a NASA event but i'm sure folks left thier cars alone for this event.

just cause Micheal Mosty is slow (and i'm sure it has nothing to do w/ his platform :wink: ) i'll post the info.

Wayne Mannor popped of a 1:28.5 at Hallett back in 2005. it was a qual session, so its not a track record. and he did have an "issue" on lap 2 that prevented him from backing it up. but it was also his first race weekend in the car, so i'm sure i needed a little tweekeing.

michaelmosty
10-17-2007, 02:13 PM
just cause Micheal Mosty is slow (and i'm sure it has nothing to do w/ his platform :wink: )

:lol: tooche

GlennCMC70
10-17-2007, 02:15 PM
just cause Micheal Mosty is slow (and i'm sure it has nothing to do w/ his platform :wink: )

:lol: tooche

you next blue gatoraid is on me. :D

michaelmosty
10-17-2007, 02:16 PM
darn spelling, touche.

evarner
10-17-2007, 02:21 PM
A 1:28.5 is super fast! Was that qual session on Saturday or Sunday? Can't remember now which day it was or which day I headed home.

Wayne is a heck of a guy and I've learned a lot from him. He probably has more laps at Hallett than all of the AI/CMC field combined. Great guy!

In 2005 I think Hallett was a new track to a lot of us. I know I didn't have anything for Wayne and a lot of other drivers there..but it was still fun since it was new.