PDA

View Full Version : the streak is dead! the Iron Man has fallen!

GlennCMC70
10-29-2007, 12:05 AM
yes, its true. i did not finish the last race of the season. this ends a 69 race streak of not missing a single lap. that's 1100+ laps w/ no failure that required me to pull in early.
so far it looks like the shifter to trans bolts striped out and caused the shifter to allow me to have a Martha Stewart moment - i thought i was stirring the soup all of a sudden.
oh well, that just relieves all the pressure i was putting on myself to continue this thru 2008. it will now be easier to take some time off.
it was nice getting to watch my first CMC race! :D man, you guys are good!

Al Fernandez
10-29-2007, 07:39 AM
That kind of reliability is damn impressive. I was sorry to see you parked on the side of the road there...then again, I was sort of relieved :wink: Not like James gave me any reason to relax though...

GlennCMC70
10-29-2007, 08:38 AM
its no ones fault but my own. durring the 2nd of the 2 trans R&R's at Mid Ohio, Mitch commented on one of the shifter bolts being stripped out. i figured one of the guys who helped out the day before had done it. 3 got me thru the event no problem. well i didnt spend any time on the car prior to this event even w/ me knowing about the bolt missing. as i were sitting on grid sunday afternoon i noticed the shifter was very sloppy. i had no idea it was about to fall out. i got in about 1/2 a lap.
anyways, Al, you are a force to be reconed w/, glad to have ya. who knows what would have happened. my bet is i would have help keep me and you and James, Rob and Michael more bunched up.

oh well. :?

AllZWay
10-29-2007, 08:41 AM
That is a shame Glenn.....but a very impressive stat for sure. Congrats on an awesome year anyway.

BryanL
10-29-2007, 02:19 PM
That is a really incredible accomplishment. Now you have a goal of going 2,000 laps.

GlennCMC70
10-29-2007, 02:28 PM
have at it Bryan. it will only take 6 years! :shock: