PDA

View Full Version : How difficult would it be to get a driveline for this...CMC?

AI#97
11-02-2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=64828&sort=1&cat=4&page=4

mitchntx
11-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Depending upon asking price, this might be a better start.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/465497522.html

Converting from auto to manual, wiring harness, etc might run you more than you want to spend, even on a $400 car.

Todd Covini
11-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Don't go to the dark side.

Will slant nose Camaros be the CMC model of choice in the future???

Shoeboxes rule...especially ones without a lid.

-=- T

RichardP
11-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Ummm... Matt, did you notice that all the cars you have put up as CMC candidates use pushrods???

Your favorite little (as in displacement, not physical size) Mod motor is legal in both CMC and CMC2.

I'm just wondering if you are considering calling yourself a "pansy" for using a pushrod motor... :P

Richard P.

AI#97
11-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Ummm... Matt, did you notice that all the cars you have put up as CMC candidates use pushrods???

Your favorite little (as in displacement, not physical size) Mod motor is legal in both CMC and CMC2.

I'm just wondering if you are considering calling yourself a "pansy" for using a pushrod motor... :P

Richard P.

Purely speculation at this point....the firebird failed to sell on ebay and he has offered it to me for $250...he took it as partial trade on another deal and just wants it gone.

I am just kicking tires at this point cause I have to spend a lot of money on something else in the 60 days....namely, finding new house.

First things first at the moment though... get this 97 cobra running next weekend I hope, then get the race car mothballed for the winter so I don't pull a "mixon" and lose the motor to a freeze. It's just sitting in the trailer at the moment so I have to get this garage cleaned out soon.

As for the pushrod thing....you do realize that the number of Mod motored cars exceeds the number of pushrod cars in AI TX now right?! :lol: And we can banter as to which ones are faster but I think Daron/Mason and I have a couple spots on the podium wrapped up for now! :wink:

eh, it's all good...besides, things change right?! :lol:

y5e06
11-04-2007, 08:01 PM
you should be able to find 3rd gen donors for the pedals etc for the 5spd all day long on the cheap. Problem with that auto V6 car is you may want to take a peek under the rear. It probably came with drum brakes and may even have the crazy 9 bolt australian rear. almost impossible to find a good diff for that (it could be a V8 only rear, I don't know). If a 10 bolt then you can swap just about any disc setup you want from a 3rd gen or 4th gen. Of course V6 motor mounts will be different. but if you find a 5.0 5spd engine then you could just easily run the spec carb setup. check out thirdgen.org if you want to research parts, prices, etc.

But $250 aint bad. Its almost free! even better if you part out the non track car parts.

AI#97
11-04-2007, 08:09 PM
But $250 aint bad. Its almost free! even better if you part out the non track car parts.

Thought about that....but I am a single guy and would have 4 cars to park at the house....probably going to have to pass for now.....although the 88 Iroc I posted is freakin' CLEAN and it's already a 5.0TPI 5spd car....the problem is it's so clean I couldn't hack it up into a race car!!