PDA

View Full Version : This Is Your Warning

Nick
04-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Contact between racers will not be tolerated.

I was made the example.

If you get hit by another racer, you could be black flagged.
This will effectively reposition you to last place.

Rather than wait for the race to finish, NASA will issue penalties during the race.

Let us all hope that the corner workers and race officials have all the information correct... or that you happen to like being placed in last position.

Disclaimer: This is not an endorsement for contact.

jeffburch
04-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Yea, I'm wondering if we should take our ball to another sandbox.

jb

Todd Covini
04-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Sounds like the "New Norm" is taking effect.

Sorry I couldn't be there, guys, and even more sorry that you got bitt Nick. :(

I'm sure I'll hear the whole story soon enough....

-=- Todd

Mike Bell
04-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Sorry to see the black flag Nick, hopefully the pedulum will get centered very soon. Was great racing with you again in close quarters! :)

Lewis Tanner
04-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Getting black flagged because someone else hit you is a complete load of crap.

Period.

Getting black flagged because you got into the marbles or locked up and put 4 off is HPDE, not racing. There's room for that kind of penalty, but I hope that it's a very rare thing to see and it's only chosen when someone repeatedly overdrives their car, as in going off track multiple times in a race and not when someone makes a move, ends up in the marbles, and spends a few seconds in the dirt.

I understand and appreciate the need to eliminate contact and make it more than clear that it isn't to be tolerated - I've been more than clear with many that I'm in no hurry to enter the fray until the largest gathering of CMC/AI racers for the weekend isn't the line to pick up contact forms - , but the "punish everyone regardless of fault" mentality indicates a strong desire to send a message but a very weak mechanism to do so and won't lead to anything but resentment. Something needs to be done about the contact and I applaud the fact that it's being taken seriously, but if you're going to be pulled off the track because someone else made a mistake and bumped you from behind, that's not the right answer.

I got mugged last week and now I'm in jail because the new law says both the mugger and the mugged have to do time...