PDA

View Full Version : Fuel line configuration question

tomlinmgt
11-18-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm reinstalling the AN/Braided fuel line in the old A-Sedan Capri and have a question concerning the way this was configured by the person that built the car. Out of the fuel cell are two supply lines that merge in a t-fitting. From the t-fitting the line exits the cabin and makes its way to the "in" side of the fuel pump (Holley "Red"). From the fuel pump the line goes back into the cabin with a another t-/bulkhead fitting. At that fitting the line splits into one path to the regulator/filter/carburetor and another path to a section of line that is maybe a foot or more in length and is capped off at the end. Does this capped off section in the supply line serve some purpose that is unique to a road race environment that I'm not familiar with? Is there any reason why there shouldn't be just one, uninterupted path from the fuel pump to the engine in a carbureted fuel system on a road race car?

Thanks guys,
Michael

jeffburch
11-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Maybe for fuel sampling?
Pics might help a little.
jb

Wirtz
11-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Agree it might have been for a fuel sample port. Either that or maybe at some point it was a return line back to the cell, but it would have needed a restrictor of some form. No matter, I don't think there is anything specific to a RR car.

Jeff (no, the other one)

GlennCMC70
11-18-2007, 03:52 PM
nice to see you active on the site there MT. we gonna see you out for '08?

Rob Liebbe
11-18-2007, 09:01 PM
SCCA Spec Miata required a way to easily sample fuel. Maybe A-sedan was the same.

tomlinmgt
11-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Thanks Glen. Well, that's the plan. I've been sittin' on this @#$&* project for two years and my customers are startin' to make fun of me. I can't blame 'em....it's pretty pathetic. Most importantly, I promised my six year old son that I'd have the car finished by his birthday (end of Dec.), but I've since had to amend that to just running. However, once its running it will just be paint and the little stuff that's left. Hope to have the engine dropped in by the beginning of Dec. I've been choppin' away at it for the last month and things are moving along a good pace. Hopin' to see more MSR Cresson events on next year's schedule than NASA had this year. And what's the story on Hawk's Nest, or Eagle's Nest, or whatever their callin' the track that's being built up North of Fort Worth. And I've had two customer's this week mention another MSR in planning out near Terrel. Know anything about that? Lookin' forward to seein' you cats out at the track again.

Michael

GlennCMC70
11-18-2007, 11:12 PM
well we have a single MSR again for '08 and "Eagle's Canyon" is there too. the others are TWS x 2 and Hallett.
the one in Terrell is "Racers Ranch" and i've seen nore heard of any black stuff being layed down yet. so its more wishfull thinking than anything else.

get it DONE cause 2008 is gonna be a year use AICMCTX guys and gals talk about for years to come. lots of "interesting" things seem to be in the works from what i hear.

AI#97
11-19-2007, 10:06 AM
The update I heard this weekend is the top coat went down at Eagle's Canyon last week and the PCA group ran on it this weekend... my guess is that surface will likely disintegrate pretty quick because they didn't really wait for the top coat to bond with the base long enough....and the fact it's going to get to freezing temps this week... I personally feel they made a bad choice to have a long living surface. I foresee problems with that surface in the future but I really hope not.

jeffburch
11-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Somebody here needs to cook us up a day on it in the next month or so.

jb

AI#97
11-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Somebody here needs to cook us up a day on it in the next month or so.

jb

don't get too excited...rumor is there are no paved pit areas. I might drive out there on Thursday and take some pictures of what is done.

MW

GlennCMC70
11-19-2007, 12:08 PM
i was wanting to do that this weekend, but i've been on-call.
anyone wanna make the trip friday, saturday, sunday?

AI#97
11-19-2007, 12:53 PM
i was wanting to do that this weekend, but i've been on-call.
anyone wanna make the trip friday, saturday, sunday?

Thursday would be early in the am so i could be back for lunch activities with the family. It might be smarter to try this Saturday for me...? Will know a little better toward the end of the week since I have to work on Friday. Government work has it's advantages for days off but it also has some drawbacks!!! :lol:

jeffburch
11-20-2007, 02:54 PM
http://web.mac.com/ervtx/iWeb/Eagle%20Canyon%20Raceway/Nov%2007%20DE%20%40%20Eagle%20Canyon.html

jb