PDA

View Full Version : Great Job this weekend!

AI#97
04-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, my hats off to you guys because I think we had a great weekend of fun and safe racing. The 40 minute race was AWESOME and it was great to see that once we all got together, the claws went away....however, Glenn, bring that foam finger to the next race and I will let you tape it to my car! :lol: The racing in the 40 minute race was top notch! I was amazed that out of all the point bys...non of them were the middle finger which I rightfully deserved.

Anyway, wanted to thank everyone and hope you all made it home safe.....on to Houston!

mitchntx
04-24-2006, 02:57 AM
I slowed significantly so that I could point you by multiple times ...

:D

donovan
04-24-2006, 07:24 AM
It was great racing and I must say this past weekend was some of the best "sharing of the track" I have seen is the past three years.

Eric V and I played around a bit in qualifying, and the hand signals were Awesome!

The best one of all, when I closed in going into rattle snake he pointed to his rear view mirror letting me know that he saw me there... it let me know that he was aware that I was there and he was just waiting for the right time to give me a little room! but, knowing that he was aware was awesome!

donovan

michaelmosty
04-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Awesome weekend everyone!!!
It was great seeing, racing, and hanging out with everyone this weekend. The racing was top-notch and car-control was just as good!! I even got to use the ole "point-by" a few times this weekend. :wink:

Sorry to those that were affected by my James Bond oil slick / smoke screen during the Sunday race. For those that don't know, I had an oil cooler line that blew on lap 7 right in the braking zone for Little Bend. I had a nice off-road excursion to the nearest corner station where I watched the rest of the race. It was a great view getting to watch everyone race and I realized that I had a camera running in my car. I got some pretty good trackside footage that I'll post up later. (I have a great shot of DD sliding sideways coming out of tombstone and a great move by Chris to avoid him. :shock: )
Luckily I was able to reconnect the oil line, fill her up w/ oil, and re-start with oil pressure. I'll be getting new lines and will be ready to go for Houston.

Thanks again to everyone for an awesome weekend!!

GlennCMC70
04-24-2006, 10:24 AM
i think the thing we all learned here is if we just communicate w/ each other we can make things better. we all have something to learn about the delivery of the message we have though. i didnt slow much for most of you AI guys as there was no need, but i was trying harder to give you a clue that i saw you and knew you were comming.
i also worked harder than ever to look @ every corner station every lap. we all need our hands slap once in a while to make sure we are doing things the way we should. great job w/ the racing. i also take part ownership in the Nick/Mike contact. we set the car up for mike w/ no test time on it for him to race. it was just stupid how lose the car was. we pulled out every trick to get it to push. it finally did (some) sunday. the car was also laying down @ 4K RPM. we have a major ignition issue (opti).

CMC17
04-24-2006, 10:39 AM
It was great racing and I must say this past weekend was some of the best "sharing of the track" I have seen is the past three years.

Eric V and I played around a bit in qualifying, and the hand signals were Awesome!

The best one of all, when I closed in going into rattle snake he pointed to his rear view mirror letting me know that he saw me there... it let me know that he was aware that I was there and he was just waiting for the right time to give me a little room! but, knowing that he was aware was awesome!

donovan

It made things even better on-track with the new and improved line of communication. I saw a lot of it going on and it was simply awesome to see that kind of awareness going on.

I tried to be more "vocal" to others around me. Something I have been lacking in past events. Deciding to step it up a notch to let others know was terrific and gratifying that it actually "works". :D

I'm sure Donovan, who has never seen the signals I was passing to him from me, was confused at first, but it didn't take long to realize the non-verbal communication was conveying important information. :D

It worked out great and he came over to thank me later and made me feel good that we can all share the track and try to not get in each others way.

However, it didn't work perfectly with other drivers and I apologize for not getting out of the way sooner...but I was trying. Pointing at the mirror while at apex with dirt on the pavement might not have been the best idea. :lol:

AI#97
04-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Mitch...I know man. I tried my best all weekend to not hold you guys up after I got by. I will work on that and it only means there is MORE left in the car AND driver....I think there is a high 20 out there...I just need to find it! :shock:

Glenn, I appreciated the point buy coming out of wagon wheel and over the hill. I knew you saw me but the car was floored man!!! I only gots 301 cubes!! :P I will say this much, there are a few STRONG CMC cars out there and you guys are faster than you think....and I am slower than you think too!!! :lol:

Eric, I too appreciated the mirror signal. You gave it far enough ahead of time I was able to better time the point at which I got to you...I think. It allowed me to let you maintain a fast line and get you at a better point for both of us. If I am wrong, let me know.

Like I said gang, I think we all did a better job and I too was doing my damnedest to look at every corner station at every chance.

donovan, I think those flowers you were talking about were more of a pink or white rather than yellow. Reason I mention that is because I started looking for them in the 40 minute race to pass the time. There was also some jerkweed over on the 1.3 in a red miata with the top down and a green helmet on. Looked slow from a distance!! :wink:

Kudos to all.

donovan
04-24-2006, 01:18 PM
In R3(40min) I parked the car coming out of buzzard Neck in some yellow flowers, jumped out with my camcorder, snapped some stills, took some video a few guys going by REAL fast, Lyons actually went around me in the grass... had some time to ask Micheal about the James Bond Oil Slick, then jumped back in for a smooth last ten minutes of the race...

Good Times!

DD