PDA

View Full Version : Open invite for all the new folks here - please post up.

GlennCMC70
11-30-2007, 08:35 PM
I've seen allot of new members register here over the last few months and have rarely seen them post if at all. if your new to the forum and whether or not you have a race ready CMC car, please post up and introduce yourselves.
and for those of you who havent posted in a while, pop one in here to let us know how you have been doing.

also,the 2007 season banquet would be a really good oppertunity to meet all the folks and see what a great group of guys and gals we really are. dont judge us on what you see here.
looking forward to all the new drivers for 2008.

silversvo
12-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Just to introduce myself... My name is Troy and I recently bought an 85 mustang that was raced in a-sedan. I am converting it over to a CMC car and hopefully I will get to know a lot of people here as I have already met Al as I asked him to look over the car with me to make sure it is a good foundation to start with. I am new to circuit and hope to have a lot of fun while being part of this. Todd Covini posted this up a while back as it was in the Houston Craigslist for sale section as that is where I found it before he posted... Attached are pics of the car as I am going to have to lose the #5 as it is already taken... Hope to meet everyone...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/silversvo/DSCF0098.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/silversvo/DSCF0106.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/silversvo/DSCF0105.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/silversvo/DSCF0104.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/silversvo/DSCF0103.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b252/silversvo/DSCF0102.jpg

mitchntx
12-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Welcome, Troy.

2001 kawasaki zx12r turbo dragbike.

:shock:

Adam Ginsberg
12-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Welcome aboard, Troy. You bought what appears to be a near identical twin of my 85 GT when I first got it in 2003.

Yeah....#5 is taken, and there's a line forming to the left. :)

y5e06
12-01-2007, 08:09 PM
welcome troy.

Yeah....#5 is taken, and there's a line forming to the left. :)

don't you actually have to run in TX to claim the number?...

silversvo
12-01-2007, 08:23 PM
I am going to be peeling the number off the car pretty soon so I wont have to stand in line. I already took the car to the dyno to see what the base horsepower is and it pulled 126hp the first one, which we shut it down because we thought the tires were spinning on the drum, then we pulled it again and it did 86hp as we realized we blew out the clutch... now that is a cool feeling!!! :roll:

GlennCMC70
12-01-2007, 08:34 PM
thanks silversvo. cant wait to see ya at the track. looks like a good car to start w/. you should do just fine.

for the rest of you new guys/gals - dont make me call you out.

GlennCMC70
12-01-2007, 08:41 PM
this is the list for just 2007 of folks who have a zero post count.

come on guys, introduce yourselves.
Tilton
Aerocoupe
CORN
00R173
pbtxit
sibfstzz
moorewdxw
lewis99
Motion Dynamics
mlebaron
m lebaron
John Thuman
Turbo
mhermenitt
Jeremy Gunter
MountainRider2
L8Apex

Adam Ginsberg
12-01-2007, 10:30 PM
don't you actually have to run in TX to claim the number?...

Two second place finishes @ MSR-H in June.

rpoz27
12-02-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm pretty sure Tilton is Jeff Tilton. He is from A&M and belongs to the Texas A&M sports car club. Great guy, solid on a corner and on track. His only fault is that he drives a ford. :(

Chris CORNwell doesn't count. He's just the NASA TX Op Steward.

There are some other guys that want to get licensed in the next year, but I don't see them here. Y'all met some of them at the last event. I'll get them the link, so they can post up.

Todd Covini
12-02-2007, 10:40 PM
OK...I'll call out a few people.

Rob Liebbe & I saw John Thuman today. JT ran the white Mustang at TWS this year and is a family friend and crewmember of KC & Adrian. His CMC car is complete and as soon as he can fix all his powersteering woes he'll be out with us. John was at the top of his game racing Legends and knows his way around the podium. Give him a few events to figure out the CMC game and he's going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Just from the last event, here's a smattering of a few other newbies in each class.

Sam Crumpacker has his CMC Mustang ready to go. I rode with him in his street Cobra at an SVTOA event and this boy can drive! Misty can attest as well as she's now signed him up to help instructing duties at TWS. Once Sam gets all his safety gear in place, he too will be a force.

Brian Calder had his AI Mustang at the last event as well. Great guy and beautiful car. He's thinking of CMC-2, but his car has got a lot of nice goodies already that it's likely going to be difficult to go back.

Chuck Keeton is building an AIX car however it's still a work in progress. At the earliest, we won't see him join us until the 2nd half of the season, but he's excited and can't wait to go racing.

These are just a few of many who will be joining us in 2008...as well as a host of returning veterans!!! 2008 is going to be an awesome year!!!

Post here if you're joing (or rejoining) or else we'll start calling you out one by one. You know who you are. :lol: :lol: :lol:

-=- Todd

PS-- I got a chance to see Troy's "Ginsberg Historic Special" this weekend. Great car and Troy will be an awesome addition to the group. I think he and Corey are going to get along just fine. I dropped off a Centerforce clutch to him after he blew his on the dyno. His plan was to drop the pan and the tranny that nite ~midnight and head out to autocrossing the next morning to shake his new car down. :shock: <<Animal>> He drove away with his uber-torque Ford diesel dually. :D

rpoz27
12-03-2007, 12:26 AM
Sam Crumpacker has his CMC Mustang ready to go. I rode with him in his street Cobra at an SVTOA event and this boy can drive! Misty can attest as well as she's now signed him up to help instructing duties at TWS. Once Sam gets all his safety gear in place, he too will be a force.

Sam is fantastic and so is Darcie, his girlfriend. I went side-by-side through a couple of turns with Sam recently and wouldn't hesitate to do so again. Darcie is a beginner/intermediate student right now and her instructors think she will be strong with some seat time. I believe she and Sam will be co-racing the CMC car, at some point. Darcie will also be logging (keeping a record of on track events for control) and assisting Corn at NASA next year.

Todd Covini
12-03-2007, 12:53 AM
....and let's not count Corn out too soon either.
He's got an F-body with pre-existing damage.
That car is begging for a CMC cage!!!

-=- Todd

PS- Just because it's CMC, doesn't mean it can't be a daily driver anymore people!!! :twisted:

marshall_mosty
12-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Jeremy Gunter is a buddy of mine and Michael's. He's a gearhead that's bouncing the idea of a CMC car around in his head... maybe in a few years.

He does have quite a bit of experience on a bike around MSR-C.

GlennCMC70
12-03-2007, 08:42 AM
remember the La Baron's (father son team) had a car going but was bouncing between AI/CMC.
David Francis who already posts here should be out in '08.
Brain Linart willbe out for '08
Michael Tommlin - looks like he got his going again. been posting some.
wonder if we could get Lewis Tanner to come out and pop the cherry on that 3 year old virgin CMC car?
lots of new guys to coming to mix up things for 2008. i love it.

AllZWay
12-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Welcome aboard to any of the new folks..... the more the merrier. 8)

rpoz27
12-03-2007, 09:52 AM
....and let's not count Corn out too soon either.
He's got an F-body with pre-existing damage.
That car is begging for a CMC cage!!!

-=- Todd

PS- Just because it's CMC, doesn't mean it can't be a daily driver anymore people!!! :twisted:

He's thinking of selling it and getting a Miata for daily and track use. I'll let y'all know if and when it's for sale on Ebay.

BryanL
12-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm really looking forward to the season and going after the coveted CMC-2 Rookie of the Year.
Hey Mitch I even washed the car and the truck this weekend.
Getting ready to blow the xmas budget on updated safety gear for the car as well as the suit, hans, shoes, and gloves.
Boudy-you still doing all the decals?
Todd-how is the Ranger coming?

Bryan Leinart

Al Fernandez
12-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Its just awesome to see so many new names and start getting to know all of you.

I think Troy is going to teach all of us a thing or to about standing starts once he replaces the clutch in that Ginsberg-eske car. Compared to his other rides, our starts will probably feel like slow motion...right up until turn 1 that is! 8)

Jeremy Gunter
12-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Some of you have seen me running around the pits with #11, at TWS and MSR-H. Thanks for the welcome by the way. I also have a friend Ross who is on the edge of doing it as well. He will prob sign up as Rsmith350 if he hasn't already.

Planning on getting into DE in Feb. in houston, I'm totally stoked but I know there is a long road ahead to build my car. I bought a 2000 mustang GT yesterday so I'm at least one step closer. Now to sell off my two wheeled toys so I can try to afford this one.

Till then
Jeremy

AI#97
12-12-2007, 09:02 PM
I bought a 2000 mustang GT yesterday so I'm at least one step closer. Now to sell off my two wheeled toys so I can try to afford this one.

Till then
Jeremy

Jeremy, as you have questions come up about that 2000 GT, feel free to shout them my direction. I too have a 2000 GT that is warped and have found a lot of the bugs in the car, wiring and certainly the motor!

Glad to see you here!

Matt White...AI#97!

David Love AI27
12-15-2007, 11:51 PM

-=- Todd

LOL.. The first time I met Sam was my first event to instruct for Misti... she said "could you ride with this guy, Sam, he would like to get under 2 min" my reaction was "WHAT!?!?????, In a street car?. Hell, I hadn't even broke 2 in my race car..." Sam and his girl are a great couple and will be a great addition to the AI/CMC family... I look for her get the bug and I'm sure she will at least run in TT or share time with Sam in CMC

gt40
12-18-2007, 01:30 AM
LOL.. The first time I met Sam was my first event to instruct for Misti...Same here. I was instructing my first e3vent ever and Misti assigns sam to me -- doesn't say anything about his previous experiance, just that he was in the Blue group.

So I introduce myself and get itn the car for the first session of the day.

First lap was slow and pretty nomal, being suck behond another blue car. Then we hit the front straight and pass the other guy and Sam takes off, and screams into T1. We make it to T3 before it hits me, "this guy's going really fast -- I hope he doesn't screw up 5-6!" By the time we hit T9, I was satisfied he wasn't ging to kill u both and settled down to enjoy myself. Two sessions later I signed him off to solo. (I would have swigned him off sooner, but I was really enjoying the ride!)

Last weekend I instructed Troy.

Guys, look out! The first session out, he was a bit lost on track, but by session 2, he had maybe 70% of the track down, and by the end f session 3, he had it down and was driving a good consistant line. His car control is excellent, and he's got good instincts. I remmber one situation where h made a late pass on a slower Miata in the 6-7 straight and came into 7 pretty hot. I was thinking he would make an early turn-in, being out of position at mid-track instead of being driver's right.

Nope, he adjusted his line perfectly and got through T7 without scrubbing any speed at all and was 100% on-line at the apex.

Of course I attribute hi success Sunday all to the most excellent instruction he got! :D

Todd Covini
12-20-2007, 01:42 AM
My name is Tony and I'll be joining you guys soon enough. I've got my open-air AI car already and I just picked up my suit and all the safety gear. A relative of mine said Texas AI/CMC was the best, but from some of the videos I've seen I'm sure I could take you guys.

Anyway...thanks for the welcome and I'll see you on track soon!

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/212668.jpg

Jeremy Gunter
12-20-2007, 01:49 AM
"sure we might be related, but when it comes to me and Todd, the story ends with me putting him in the wall." :P

Waco Racer
12-20-2007, 09:20 AM
:lol: That is funny!

Todd Covini
01-27-2008, 10:30 PM
I just sent the following list of 2008 AI/CMC candidates off to our new Competition Licensing Director so that he can assure they get the proper attention/instruction/paperwork from Day 1 until Race 1 and everything in between! (Let us know if we missed anyone.)

Mason Melkowits- AI-
Troy Reynolds- CMC
Brian Lienart- CMC-2
Gary Robertson- CMC
Brian Calder- AI
Richard & Kim Painter
Bryan from OK- AI
Kim LeBaron- CMC
Chuck Bueler- CMC
Sam Crumpacker- CMC
Michael Tomlin- CMC
Todd Farley- CMC
David Francis- CMC
Jeremy Gunter- CMC
Ross Smith- CMC
Chuck Keeton- AIX

Todd Covini
01-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Any one of these guys can be our next Rookie of the Year!

AI#97
01-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Any one of these guys can be our next Rookie of the Year!

Wish there were more AI cars in that list!

Todd Covini
01-27-2008, 10:50 PM
OK...I've been informed there are 2 more AI cars.
Richard & Michael Painter

My bad.

-=- Todd

AI#97
01-27-2008, 10:53 PM
OK...I've been informed there are 2 more AI cars.
Richard & Michael Painter

My bad.

-=- Todd

Ruh roh...an engine builder coming into AI?! We might see some NICE power headed our way!

Todd Covini
01-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Ask and you will receive, Matt...
Just got word of another AI racer...

Jake Hennig- AI

GlennCMC70
01-27-2008, 11:41 PM
dear Lord! CMC could have a 25 car field this year!

Holy Inverted races Batman!!!! :shock:

rpoz27
01-28-2008, 02:09 AM
Ask and you will receive, Matt...
Just got word of another AI racer...

Jake Hennig- AI

Dude, Jake was my surprise! He and I are teaming up for the season. He was planning on 944 Challenge or whatever it's called, but his 944 will not be ready for the foreseeable future and he thinks our cars are more fun, anyway. He's got tons of time at TWS and instructs for MSC, BMWCCA, and LSRPCA.

silversvo
01-28-2008, 08:35 AM
I have been thinking about changing my car from a CMC car to an AI car... I might be in the AI group.

Al Fernandez
01-28-2008, 08:38 AM
That is a huge list! Cant wait to start seeing some of the new iron :D

David Love AI27
01-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Not sure where to post this anyway Team LiiR will be David and Jason Love in the #27 AIX Camaro... When the #10 CMC Fox body is ready Amber and or Jason will run as an individual(s)...

silversvo
01-29-2008, 02:08 PM
LOL.. The first time I met Sam was my first event to instruct for Misti...Same here. I was instructing my first e3vent ever and Misti assigns sam to me -- doesn't say anything about his previous experiance, just that he was in the Blue group.

So I introduce myself and get itn the car for the first session of the day.

First lap was slow and pretty nomal, being suck behond another blue car. Then we hit the front straight and pass the other guy and Sam takes off, and screams into T1. We make it to T3 before it hits me, "this guy's going really fast -- I hope he doesn't screw up 5-6!" By the time we hit T9, I was satisfied he wasn't ging to kill u both and settled down to enjoy myself. Two sessions later I signed him off to solo. (I would have swigned him off sooner, but I was really enjoying the ride!)

Last weekend I instructed Troy.

Guys, look out! The first session out, he was a bit lost on track, but by session 2, he had maybe 70% of the track down, and by the end f session 3, he had it down and was driving a good consistant line. His car control is excellent, and he's got good instincts. I remmber one situation where h made a late pass on a slower Miata in the 6-7 straight and came into 7 pretty hot. I was thinking he would make an early turn-in, being out of position at mid-track instead of being driver's right.

Nope, he adjusted his line perfectly and got through T7 without scrubbing any speed at all and was 100% on-line at the apex.

Of course I attribute hi success Sunday all to the most excellent instruction he got! :D

I remember going into that turn. I have to admit for my first time on the track, I couldnt have been any luckier to have King as my instructor. The last time I was out there, the instructor told me that I dont need an instructor as I knew what the hell I was doing... I was kind of shocked he said that as I have only had two track day there, but many more to follow. :)

CORN
01-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Dude, Jake was my surprise! He and I are teaming up for the season. He was planning on 944 Challenge or whatever it's called, but his 944 will not be ready for the foreseeable future and he thinks our cars are more fun, anyway. He's got tons of time at TWS and instructs for MSC, BMWCCA, and LSRPCA.

I've a hard top, 6sp Formula he can buy for AI ;)

/bored as shit up in the tower @ MSRH

NickV
06-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Howdy!
I stumbled upon this thread doing a search for cage stuff, go figure :D

I figured I'd "formally" introduce myself. My name is Nick Valentin, and back in March I purchased a 1992 Z28 from a guy north of Austin, who happened to be a friend of Morgan Dawdy's. The car is already gutted, caged, and somewhat prepped to be on the road to CMC, which is where I hope to end up. Unfortunately it has a modified 350 in it, but included with the car was the necessary 305 to make it nice and legal, so soon enough that will be dropped in. I've been slowly replacing or adding bits and pieces to get the car better prepped for the track (and CMC legal too!). As for right now, I'm all about seat time.
I've been to the last two NASA events (Cresson/TWS) doing HPDE 1/2, and I've met a few of you in person already. I've been lucky enough to have James Proctor and both Mosty brothers instruct in-car with me, and Mitch led our n00bie classroom session at TWS. Also Gary Robertson and I have been racing together (autocross) for the last ~9-10 years probably. I hope to meet more of you guys, I'll definitely see you in August at TWS, hopefully I can gain some more knowledge to keep me on the path to my comp license down the road 8)

A recent pic:
http://www.fototime.com/%7B6D64B7FC-3391-4B15-A889-8816267E29AD%7D/picture.JPG

mitchntx
06-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Mitch led our n00bie classroom session at TWS.

Were you the chick in the Roush Mustang? :lol:

Welcome dood!

NickV
06-10-2008, 08:59 PM

No, but I'm not surprised she's all you remember :D :shock: :twisted:

mitchntx
06-10-2008, 09:34 PM

No, but I'm not surprised she's all you remember :D :shock: :twisted:

You will do well, here. :wink:

ledfoot2
06-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Hello Everyone...

I am not exactly new, but I will be to AI.
My name is Rayman Kinman

I ran a blue Corvette in 06, almost exactly like Kevin Mixon's, but slower.

I am building this 99 Trans Am to run AI. It is going up to a couple secret cage builders by MSR-C in a couple weeks for the cage. Then it is about ready to go. I will be at TWS in August for sure. Hopefully, running AI, but you know how plans go.

Everyone I have met in NASA has been very helpful.

I can't offer any trash talking yet, because the car isn't ready, but let me assure you; I have many years of making claims that I have no chance of backing up, so be warned. :?

ledfoot2
06-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Sorry,
Here is a picture of the car, without the cage.

http://media3.dropshots.com/photos/132957/20080608/101958.jpg (http://www.dropshots.com/)

AllZWay
06-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Nick's years of autox are evident.....nice and smooth. Welcome aboard.

Al Fernandez
06-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Nick, Rayman...welcome guys. Dont let any of these guys worry you, they arent that fast. You'll be running circles around them in no time :wink: