PDA

View Full Version : Texas Enduro- 4 or 8?

Todd Covini
12-06-2007, 10:47 PM
I have my thoughts on the inaugural Texas NASA enduro, but I'd like to hear yours.

Should it be 4 hours long or 8 hours long??

If you have any "what about..." questions, here are the endurance rules:
http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/enduro.pdf

-=- Todd

GlennCMC70
12-06-2007, 11:18 PM
5hr.
10 gal max refuel.
1 required driver change.
stop at the 2.5 hr mid point and drive the other direction.

Todd Covini
12-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Sheesh...so much for "crawl before you walk" or "test the waters before diving right in" !!! :roll: :wink: :lol:

mitchntx
12-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Less than 6 hours. No mandatory driver change.

No more than 5 gallons per fuel stop.

Race ends before dusk.

Should be a voluntary race and NOT count towards season points in NASA-Texas.

GlennCMC70
12-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Sheesh...so much for "crawl before you walk" or "test the waters before diving right in" !!! :roll: :wink: :lol:

dont make me go "boot camp" on your ass!

no max refuel limit = 45 minute fuel stints.
no driver changes allowed. nut up Mary Poppins.
dont start till dark, stop before the sun comes up. no head lights, night vision goggles required.
track direction optional. switch as will.

make my original post not so bad now, huh? :wink: :wink:

mitchntx
12-07-2007, 12:17 AM
Less than 6 hours. No mandatory driver change.

No more than 5 gallons per fuel stop.

Race ends before dusk.

Should be a voluntary race and NOT count towards season points in NASA-Texas.

Your honor, I'd like the record to show that my post was serious.

The other person posting in this thread is obviously either delirious with ego or drunk with power. :roll:

Todd Covini
12-07-2007, 12:25 AM
I always liked you best, Mitch.

GlennCMC70
12-07-2007, 12:48 AM
i'm gonna tell mom!

hows this for mucking up your thread for a change, Todd? :P

Wirtz
12-07-2007, 06:16 AM
I have not yet read the rules posted but:

Less than 8. Don't forget car wear and tear. Some where near 5 or 6 hours I think. It fits well into the schedule for the day. NASA will be crazy to make lights required.

Don't control by fuel volume for a stop. Instead, make it so any time a car comes in to refuel, it must stay in the pit for a minimum time (5 or 6 minutes). Forces things to be a little less hectic in the pits.

It should not count towards year end points.

Driver change required.

What is NASA thinking for allowed cars? I'm assuming no out wheel cars. I'm thinking the majority of entries will be Spec Miata and Improved Touring level cars (CMC like speeds). Spec Racer Ford is one of the larger car groups to run in SCCA. Not sure how many guys might cross over.

Jeff

marshall_mosty
12-07-2007, 08:33 AM
1. 4-6 hour
2. end by dusk (so we can get home before midnight **DFW folks**)
3. don't care about driver's... I'm going to have 4
4. Fuel windows of 1 hour or less

AllZWay
12-07-2007, 08:49 AM
So how does the schedule work for the day of the Enduro?

No races....just enduro or regular races and then the enduro afterwards?

What is the cost for running the Enduro?

I would really like to run it, but I do have a very limited budget for the year and don't want to spend it all on one weekend.

GlennCMC70
12-07-2007, 09:05 AM
James, my guess is they will put multiple run groups together that are not normally run together. this will free up alot of time. add to that the track is big, so adding alot of cars on track at TWS is easier. do this over the whole weekend, and we could get 3 20 minute races in possibly on sat, leaving sunday for a single 20.

also, James, cost is why you need a co-driver. have them pay for fuel and brakes, or tires for the seat. we have a line of people already lined up.

marshall_mosty
12-07-2007, 09:16 AM
... we have a line of people already lined up.

Glenn, you are soooo behind the times. I've already formed my team. 8)

mitchntx
12-07-2007, 09:34 AM

Yeah, but have cashed any checks yet? 8)

AI#97
12-07-2007, 09:39 AM

yeah, but aren't they all under the age of 8? ;)

I like glenn's idea of the 3 races on Saturday...I will be scooting out Saturday night and will be watching TV on Sunday at home!

GlennCMC70
12-07-2007, 09:43 AM

really? just one team? i think we are looking to man 3, possibly 4 cars. and one of the cars is getting built at this very moment. but hey, you da man. :shock:

Wirtz
12-07-2007, 09:48 AM
As for schedule for the weekend, as a data point, then 6 hour races I did in the past at TWS were basically;
Saturday:
Normal weekend race schedule
Added a run group for enduro races
Enduro group had (1) practice session and (1) qually session

Sunday:
Extended driver / crew meeting to go over pit stop rules
30 minute warm up for enduro cars (many teams practiced pit stops)
Enduro race started mid morning, done by 3 or 4pm I think.

The extra sessions for the enduro cars was nice just because many drivers were in cars they were not used to, so it gave some seat time for everyone to get settled in.

Jeff

michaelmosty
12-07-2007, 09:49 AM
My opinion would be definitely not 8 hours. I would like to see something around 4 or 6.

I like the idea of fuel maximums. I think the fuel filling levels should be different depending on the length of race.

Will the enduro be Sat. or Sun.? If it is going to be Sunday I think you will loose alot of entrants that don't want to get home after midnight and work on Monday.

mitchntx
12-07-2007, 10:00 AM
alot of entrants that don't want to get home after midnight and work on Monday.

Work on Monday? After a race weekend?

Damn, your boss must be a real prick.

AllZWay
12-07-2007, 10:13 AM

I always have to work on Monday too. :cry:

michaelmosty
12-07-2007, 12:04 PM

I've always worked the Mondays, both with my old job and new job. I'm just crazy like that. 8)

AllZWay
12-07-2007, 12:49 PM

I've always worked the Mondays, both with my old job and new job. I'm just crazy like that. 8)

Mitch probably has about 20 weeks vacation to burn.

AI#97
12-07-2007, 01:10 PM

Mitch probably has about 20 weeks vacation to burn.

We have people here in the Post Office with OVER 4200 hours of sick time acrued. Vacation time caps at 6 months but sick time never expires.... I am contract right now but I am trying my damn'dest to go permanant. It might be my last job till I retire!

Todd Covini
12-07-2007, 01:36 PM
:shock: Ummmm...Matt, you're working at the Post Office now??? :shock:

Crap...I've seen you go Postal before. Now it'll have some meaning and a statistic tied to it!!!

-=-T

PS- Wirtz has got the flow of the weekend down. Enduro gets it's own run group....gotta pay separately for that run group...it's run separately from AI/CMC points wise....can be run Saturday...Sat. nite...or Sunday. It's good to limit refueling.

ShadowBolt
12-07-2007, 01:40 PM
So will we (AI/CMC) still have a normal three or four race weekend or will this screw up one of the normal race days?

JJ

Todd Covini
12-07-2007, 02:35 PM
I don't have the answer to that and it's still being worked, but given that the Endurance run group would have a 4-6 hour session, it'll compress our AI/CMC weekend considerably. NASA's interest would likely be to minimize changes for the race groups, however, something's gotta give.

We could do a 40 minute race in place of two 20's....or skip practice....or qual based on season points....or...or....or....(still working on it.)

Clifton's got the head of this eight legged monster. 8)
(He's asleep right now.)

AI#97
12-07-2007, 02:52 PM
:shock: Ummmm...Matt, you're working at the Post Office now??? :shock:

Crap...I've seen you go Postal before. Now it'll have some meaning and a statistic tied to it!!!

-=-T

I also collect firearms! Got some nice pistols, an AR-15 and a few other little projects I am working on in my spare time. I haven't started the underground shelter in the backyard yet but the designs are nearing completion. The dogs are rather unhappy due to the construction debris and reduction of running room but I think they will adjust to underground life just fine! The hard part is figuring out how to get the sewer line to empty into the city sewer...my private toilet is 12 feet below the city line at the street... :cry:

Sarcasm is in the full on position! ;)

cobra132
12-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I'am in. Heres my 2 cents.
3 - 20 min races for points
qualify for enduro based on best lap of sun 20 min race. Saves time.
4 or 5 hour race
no fuel limits
5 min or greater pitstops, speed limit for pit road
at least 1 driver change
limit number of crew on pit area to 2 or 3
finish by dusk
FMR

Adam Ginsberg
12-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Since this will be a first time effort for many ( NASA Texas, as well as many NASA racers ), IMO, a 4-hour enduro makes perfect sense. Get the hang of things, learn how to run an enduro ( for officials, and for the racers ), and go from there.

The other aspects of the enduro ( mandatory pit stops, mandatory driver change, etc ), don't bother me either way. However, I'd prefer it to be on Saturday, and not Sunday if it'll be run after the regular racing/HPDE groups are done. Finish by dusk or slightly before to eliminate the need for lights. If the enduro started mid-morning on Sunday, allowing folks to leave at a reasonable hour to get home, that would be ok. Just some thoughts.....

If I'm in town, and it's a 4hr enduro - count me in.

marshall_mosty
12-09-2007, 07:04 PM
enduro..... enduro..... enduro..... 8)

MikeP99Z
12-10-2007, 11:43 PM
6 hour enduro one day

2 30 min sprints the other (for those interested in AI/CMC or other classes).

no fueling restriction.

Note for those above: Enduro class is its own group - whether you are in a Spec Miata or a Corvette. It has nothing to do with anything else for the weekend. It has its own practice/qualifying/race.

Al Fernandez
12-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Man, you anti lights guys need to check out the 25hr threads on the CMC site about how uncomplicated fitting lights is. More importantly, racing at night is one of the most awesome drives you can have. I will gladly procure and fab the light assembly for the team that I drive for. :D

I like Jeff's idea of timed stops to eliminate the need to rush...but that might be hard to monitor well without a lot of officials? Limiting what you can do during stops one way or another is a good way to get thirsty cars closer to competitive over the long haul with little bitty girly cars though, so I'm in favor of it, be it by time, or number of stops, or...?

Todd Covini
12-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Have lights....will co-drive!!! 8)

Wirtz
12-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Al - at least in my case, it is not that I don't want to run with lights, I'd be all for it. I just think it is more important to get the event established and the bugs worked out before we try something like that. Same for the drivers and crews. Just running the 6 hour events in daylight takes waaayyyy more setup and work than a typical weekend. Lets walk before we run...

Regarding the forced time stops, here is how SCCA did it. The team making the stop is responsible for timing their own stop. The officals were roaming the pit lane and can time stops at their discression. Most of the time they would be right at the front of the pit box watching, but I heard there were cases of them timing from a few stalls out of sight. If they busted you for leaving early, there was a lengthy stop you had to make in the penalty box in pit lane.

Jeff

Waco Racer
12-13-2007, 11:19 PM
OK Here's the official word - 4 hours on Saturday afternoon.

Sat. - 1 Qual., 1 - 20 min race, 1 - 4 hour enduro, after party until we all pass out
Sun. - 1 Qual., 2 - 20 min races

Todd Covini
12-13-2007, 11:23 PM
NICE.

Wirtz
12-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Is this for all run groups, and the Enduro cars have their own group? So basically could you enter CMC and Enduro for that weekend?

Jeff

AI#97
12-13-2007, 11:25 PM

Sat. - 1 Qual., 1 - 20 min race, 1 - 4 hour enduro, after party until we all pass out

Great! I can start drinking Beer at Noon on Saturday!!!!

Waco Racer
12-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Is this for all run groups, and the Enduro cars have their own group? So basically could you enter CMC and Enduro for that weekend?

Jeff

1. Yes all run groups, refer to the Endurance Regs. for classing.
2. Yes, CMC for the points races, E1 for the Enduro, all with the same car.

Waco Racer
12-13-2007, 11:32 PM

I don't know Matt, we could use an "Enforcer" on pit road during the enduro.

AI#97
12-13-2007, 11:49 PM

I don't know Matt, we could use an "Enforcer" on pit road during the enduro.

I think there would be plenty of objections for me to be in any position of authority! :lol:

Todd Covini
12-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Nah...As I've told Glenn many times before....re-directed potential energy into an official capacity can be a powerful thing. Dont undersell yourself.

mitchntx
12-14-2007, 01:20 AM
A Saturday afternoon enduro which is a non-regional points paying race will place stress and risk on those running for a season championship.

Sure that's the right thing to do?

GlennCMC70
12-14-2007, 01:51 AM
A Saturday afternoon enduro which is a non-regional points paying race will place stress and risk on those running for a season championship.

Sure that's the right thing to do?

i agree. the Sat part makes me not to want to risk the car. if it was on Sunday, its no big deal if i hurt the car, i have till next event to fix it. w/ it being on sat, i have till the next morning if it can be fixed. also it makes for an early departure for those who dont want to run the enduro.
i really think sunday is the better day.

ShadowBolt
12-14-2007, 08:26 AM
How hard is this going to be on a CMC car? I'm not sure it's worth doing. I guess you could short shift and not use the brakes very hard and not hurt the car but what fun is that?

JJ

AI#97
12-14-2007, 08:36 AM
How hard is this going to be on a CMC car? I'm not sure it's worth doing. I guess you could short shift and not use the brakes very hard and not hurt the car but what fun is that?

JJ

Jerry, I would imagine an enduro pace might be 85% of a 20 minute sprint race... If you were to drive as hard as we do in our regular races, the car is going to get used up!

Adam Ginsberg
12-14-2007, 10:36 AM

Whooohooo!!! Saturday is perfect. Excellent format, Clifton - thanks for the hard work. Ya got my interest piqued.

Those that wish to focus on the regional championship may elect not to run the enduro. It doesn't get more simple than that.

Any time you take the car out on track, you risk something. That is part of racing.

You'd be surprised how durable a CMC car is, Jerry...even a well prepared AI/AIX car. Hell, any car, provided it's prepped well.

The enduro is very much worth doing, especially for a new racer such as yourself. Imagine.....2-3 hours in the car, non-stop. Do you have any idea how valuable that is??? Right now, you get 4-8 weekends per year in the car - ~2hrs of seat time at each weekend, with a big break in between where you aren't driving the race car. Spending that kind of seat time, non-stop, is HUGE, and I can just about guarantee you'll get faster.

Seat time = comfort level = going faster. I know people will roll their eyes when I mention this but.....going to the OTC in 2004 is what did it for me. 6 days of driving, back to back, gave me a comfort level in the car that just can't be done in a single weekend every month/every other month or so.

As far as running an enduro pace.....I'm not giving out any secrets on that one except to say that Matt White is not correct. ;)

RichardP
12-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Those that wish to focus on the regional championship may elect not to run the enduro.

They can still run but they should look into being the second driver in a different car.

Richard P.

Adam Ginsberg
12-14-2007, 11:00 AM
They can still run but they should look into being the second driver in a different car.

Excellent point. My comment was referring to the use of the car, and not the driver.

Or, bring 2 cars - one for the regional race, and one for the enduro. Shouldn't be a problem for LAW. :D

michaelmosty
12-14-2007, 11:36 AM
That schedule sounds awesome, thanks Clifton!!
I'll be running the regional races in CMC #11 and the enduro in ...? 8)

AllZWay
12-14-2007, 12:09 PM
At this point, I think I'll only be running the regular races . Money probably isn't going to be there to run the enduro in my own car or paying to co-drive someone elses.

I need a sponsor. :evil:

mitchntx
12-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Golly gee, Adam. I sher wish I wuz smart az U ...

At this point, I think I'll only be running the regular races .

At this point, I am probably in the same boat and withdrawing my car from the enduro frickas as well.

4 hours of track time is like 2 weekends of racing. Fluids, brakes and tires will have to be changed prior to racing on Sunday.

Thats too much work for a race weekend. The Ford drivers are used to an all weekend thrash. I prefer to sit and watch the show.

marshall_mosty
12-14-2007, 12:37 PM
I'll be running the regional races in CMC #11 and the enduro in ...? 8)

I would hope AIX #67 8)

GlennCMC70
12-14-2007, 12:57 PM
move it to sunday, and the #70 will most likely run as well.
getting 2 cars to TWS is a problem.
i'll not risk a season for a "fun one time event".

quess i'm looking to co-drive as well.

y5e06
12-14-2007, 01:08 PM
schedule sounds great!
I'd be happy to help out crewing for any enduro team. maybe for a ford camp so there will some action working on cars during the race... :shock:
I wouldn't mind driving if someone is putting together a team :lol:

mitchntx
12-14-2007, 01:13 PM
To top it off, I would have to coerce a fellow employee to cover my outage shift for those days.

Being as the enduro is now out of the picture, I'll probably just stay home.

I was really looking forward to this. But, sometimes life doesn't go the way you plan or expect.

ShadowBolt
12-14-2007, 01:26 PM
To top it off, I would have to coerce a fellow employee to cover my outage shift for those days.

Mitch,

Just get one of those energizer bunnys from TV to watch the plant incase of an outage.

JJ

mitchntx
12-14-2007, 02:56 PM

Mitch,

Just get one of those energizer bunnys from TV to watch the plant incase of an outage.

JJ

We have those to cover the Engineer's jobs.

It takes more than brain stem activity to cover mine.

jeffburch
12-14-2007, 02:59 PM
What's the entry fee for the minimum two drivers per car?

jb

Waco Racer
12-14-2007, 03:03 PM
I am still crunching some numbers on that right now. I hope to know by Jan. 1.

jeffburch
12-14-2007, 03:14 PM
FYI
jb

U.S. Naval Observatory
Astronomical Applications Department
Sun and Moon Data for One Day
The following information is provided for College Station, Brazos County, Texas (longitude W96.3, latitude N30.6):
Saturday
19 April 2008 Central Daylight Time

SUN
Begin civil twilight 6:28 a.m.
Sunrise 6:53 a.m.
Sun transit 1:24 p.m.
Sunset 7:56 p.m.
End civil twilight 8:21 p.m.

gt40
12-14-2007, 03:18 PM
I am still crunching some numbers on that right now. I hope to know by Jan. 1.If anyone needs a co-driver who's consistant and easy on the hardware, lemmie know!

Hey -- I've only had one mechanical DNF and that was because of the idiot who prepped the car (me) not the supremely reliable driver (again, me.)

Adam Ginsberg
12-14-2007, 03:33 PM
move it to sunday, and the #70 will most likely run as well.
getting 2 cars to TWS is a problem.
i'll not risk a season for a "fun one time event".

I thought you weren't planning to run a full season for 2008??

The enduro is significantly more than a "fun one time" event - it's NASA Texas' FIRST EVER ENDURO. That is something I'd like to be part of. Not to mention...the first ever E1 champion in TX.

Being as the enduro is now out of the picture, I'll probably just stay home.

I was really looking forward to this. But, sometimes life doesn't go the way you plan or expect.

If you raced for the weekend, you'd be gone those days as well...what's the difference if you do or don't race the enduro WRT someone covering your days at the plant?

Hate to say it Mitch, but you are always dissatisfied with something....don't want to spend the money on a physical to renew your comp license, enduro at night excludes the Pontiacs because you won't put lights on the car, don't want to risk the car for the entire season just to run the enduro, don't want to run the enduro on Sat because it'll be too much work to get it ready for Sunday.....

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2824742/2/istockphoto_2824742_crying_kitten.jpg http://www.dahoudek.com/sliced/cats/newcatpics/dusty4.jpg http://www.aeropause.com/archives/wtf-cat.jpg

michaelmosty
12-14-2007, 03:43 PM
I am still crunching some numbers on that right now. I hope to know by Jan. 1.
Is there a format in place for cost?
Ex. entry fee / car and then $XXX for each driver

Just curious what the costs will be running a single car w/ 2 drivers vs. 3 drivers vs. 4 drivers.

jeffburch
12-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Will be alot of quality track time.
I can't wait.
May cause me a flair up with the diverticulitis but don't care.

jb

mitchntx
12-14-2007, 04:18 PM
Adam, reading and comprehension isn't one of your strong suits, is it.

All talk up till this thread was of a Sunday afternoon enduro event. For me, that means all the points racing is out of the way, then we play, if a competitor choses to do so.

For me, I would risk the car in an enduro, if I didn't have to wager the race.

When the enduro schedule was solidified, it forced me to chose ... race or enduro. I've already stated the reasons for it.

Looking at the big picture, I would pick the season.

Unfortunately, this particular race weekend will be abbreviated because of the enduro. So, like James, it's tough to justify the expenditure for a short weekend.

Finally, like I've told others, if you don't like me voicing my opinion, put me on your blocked list and you won't have to deal with it. Can't get much simpler than that.

RichardP
12-14-2007, 06:15 PM
4 hours of track time is like 2 weekends of racing. Fluids, brakes and tires will have to be changed prior to racing on Sunday.

My logic train got a bit derailed here. If you think you need to change fluids and such after four hours of racing in order to run two sprint races (which I can completely see), why wouldn’t you need to change fluids and such after the three sprint races in order to get the car ready for four hours of racing???

For me, I would risk the car in an enduro, if I didn't have to wager the race.

When the enduro schedule was solidified, it forced me to chose ... race or enduro. I've already stated the reasons for it.

Looking at the big picture, I would pick the season.

So that means you are planning on running the entire season for points? I’m a bit surprised by that but I’m excited to hear it. CMC or CMC2?

Anyway, the enduro is for fun. If you want to do it and it won’t adversely affect your season points battle, then great. If not, that’s fine too. Those that are running it will be needing lots of crew to make it successful and fun. Any by having it on Saturday, that crew will actually be at the track willing to help rather than on their way home on Sunday.

Richard P.

Adam Ginsberg
12-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Adam, reading and comprehension isn't one of your strong suits, is it.

All talk up till this thread was of a Sunday afternoon enduro event. For me, that means all the points racing is out of the way, then we play, if a competitor choses to do so.

My reading comprehension is just fine.

While Clifton mentioned the possibility of the enduro on Sunday, there was never anything official until yesterday. Don't assume anything until officially announced. It was all "talk" until yesterday.

Unfortunately, this particular race weekend will be abbreviated because of the enduro. So, like James, it's tough to justify the expenditure for a short weekend.

Short weekend? It's still 3 regional CMC races.

Finally, like I've told others, if you don't like me voicing my opinion, put me on your blocked list and you won't have to deal with it. Can't get much simpler than that.

I'm the last one to say anything about voicing your opinion.....I do the same. Whining, however, is another matter entirely. It's always in the vein of "the world is against me, and it's not fair!".

On a more positive note, congrats on deciding to run an entire season in 2008.

mitchntx
12-14-2007, 07:36 PM
My logic train got a bit derailed here.

Dammit Richard. This is no place for logic!
-10 internets.

You are correct. I guess I was doomed from the beginning.

Todd Covini
12-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Alright all you girls, quityerbitchin'!

As Wirtz, Patterson and I each stated...the Enduro is a separate deal than AI/CMC. In the big picture, NASA KNOWS it's a lot for a series racer to also be an endurance racer. As such, the planning for an enduro isn't "how do we get the series racers to participate"...it's "how do we make the enduro a success."

Where I came from, enduros were a normal part of most every weekend. On average, there typically was only 1-3 cars from each series (AI, CMC, HC, etc) who would join in the enduro IN ADDITION to their series races. For all the purposes Mitch, Jeff, Adam, Glenn & others have stated...most of the regular racers DON'T race in both. The season racers don't risk it...and that's fine.

If NASA were to plan an endurance race contingent upon series racers "surviving" their regularly scheduled races first...there would be attrition all over and a skeptical entry list up until the hour before the enduro...not good.

SOooo...(here's the important point)...let's start pooling resources and efforts and think "Team AI/CMC" and win an E1 endurance race with 1 or 2 cars dedicated to the enduro that weekend. In time, there will be people who will build HC, AI, CMC or other cars SOLELY to race in the Endurance Series....and they won't want to race in the AI/CMC races for fear of ruining their Endurance points race. (All Endurance Series classes are made up of other class cars from all different sanctioning bodies.)

You all have very valid points....but let's change our perspective from me and my car to we and our car. Think big picture. A Saturday enduro will mean that the entire Team AI/CMC will pull together, be on that wall for 4-6 solid hours doing whatever it takes for their AI/CMC team to win. Hate to say it, but a Sunday enduro and you're probably on your own.

I propose that Texas AI/CMC have a goal to field 2 cars in the enduro. A Camaro and a Mustang. Those two cars should be prepped, two teams staffed and two efforts prepared with spares and resources to take an E1 win! Start working together...you'll likely find logistics and resources will be much easier that way.

Can we get 2 solid endurance team entries to get along and win an endurance race???? (Heck...make it interesting and go 6 hours so the focus is more on TEAM and not ME, ME, ME. :wink:

-=- Todd

AI#97
12-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Can someone point me in the direction of the class break outs?

Thanks!

GlennCMC70
12-15-2007, 10:57 AM

Thanks!

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules.html

jeffburch
12-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Also, the GP of H is the weekend following.
April 25-27.
Any word on a support race?

jb

Todd Covini
12-15-2007, 11:01 AM
See page 7

Todd Covini
12-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Also, the GP of H is the weekend following.
April 25-27.
Any word on a support race?

jb

I had some initial discussions with the organizer on Nov. 21.
Right now, probably a long shot given that the entry fee is still the price of an old CMC car for the charititable reasons.

We'll re-engage discussions in January with NASA and the organizers, but I wouldn't block the weekend just yet unless we can get more creative.

Should know more at our first event in February.

Back to enduro discussions and your regularly scheduled programming...

michaelmosty
12-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Can we get 2 solid endurance team entries to get along and win an endurance race???? (Heck...make it interesting and go 6 hours so the focus is more on TEAM and not ME, ME, ME. :wink:

-=- Todd
Marshall and his team #67 are about 99% in!! We'll see ya'll there.

Adam Ginsberg
12-15-2007, 12:09 PM

As Todd noted:

AI fits into E0, CMC in E1.

The enduro rules have several significant differences from the regular series rules, as well as the CCR's. Read up.

Right now, pending any crazy changes, CMC #5 ( the REAL #5, not some Cali-transplant ;) ) is IN for the enduro.

Todd Covini
12-15-2007, 01:13 PM
http://norcal.nasaproracing.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=129

FYI only as a reference....

AI#97
12-15-2007, 03:44 PM

As Todd noted:

AI fits into E0, CMC in E1.

The enduro rules have several significant differences from the regular series rules, as well as the CCR's. Read up.

Right now, pending any crazy changes, CMC #5 ( the REAL #5, not some Cali-transplant ;) ) is IN for the enduro.

I will print them at work on monday.

Clifton, please let us know when you have the entry fees worked out.

marshall_mosty
12-15-2007, 04:51 PM

-=- Todd
Marshall and his team #67 are about 99% in!! We'll see ya'll there.

As Michael pointed out, Team "Mosty Brothers' Racing" will be campaining AIX #67 this weekend. We have the driver lineup in the works, but still need the crew support if any would like to step up and help out.

AI#97
12-15-2007, 06:17 PM
As Michael pointed out, Team "Mosty Brothers' Racing" will be campaining AIX #67 this weekend. We have the driver lineup in the works, but still need the crew support if any would like to step up and help out.

So are you running AI or AIX next year Marshall?

marshall_mosty
12-15-2007, 08:37 PM
AIX. Short season for me (1, maybe 2 events plus the enduro) and I don't want to deal with a dyno. That's just another Saturday that I have to arrange around my wife's work schedule...

Nothing AIX specific on the car, just don't want to mess us the people in AI gunning for a championship.

ShadowBolt
12-15-2007, 11:59 PM
"Hate to say it Mitch, but you are always dissatisfied with something....don't want to spend the money on a physical to renew your comp license."

I knew there was a reason I like Mitch so much. The physical is a bunch of crap. The class three I have to get every other year to keep my pilots license is nothing and the one to race is even less. A total waste of time and money.

Back on topic;
Not in my back yard! Everyone wants more prisons but not in their neighborhood. Everyone wants to race the 4 hour but not in their car.

Also I know Adam has forgotten way more than I know about learning to drive but I don't see how driving any amount of time at 3/4 speed will make you faster.

JJ

Al Fernandez
12-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Personally, I like this schedule. Its very similar to what I've had in y past enduros: three CMC races with an enduro thrown in the middle. The nice thing about the enduro being Sat is all the regulars are around and can help crew.

I think at typical enduro lap times you can run this whole weekend and not touch a thing on the car...long as you started with new pads and managed the pace.

Adam Ginsberg
12-17-2007, 04:17 PM
I knew there was a reason I like Mitch so much. The physical is a bunch of crap. The class three I have to get every other year to keep my pilots license is nothing and the one to race is even less. A total waste of time and money.

Maybe so...but, it is what it is....you can't race without it.

I had to take a merchant marine physical in 2005, and NASA wouldn't accept it because it was missing several important words at the bottom:

On the basis of this limited examination, review of the patient's history, and the instructions address to me, I (check one):

__ Find the candidate medically acceptable to operate a high speed competition vehicle
__ Recommend the candidate's medical history be reviewed by the NASA Medical Director

Also I know Adam has forgotten way more than I know about learning to drive but I don't see how driving any amount of time at 3/4 speed will make you faster.

Who said anything about 3/4 speed??? Granted, running 20min sprint pace for 4hrs isn't the best idea, but you won't be @ 3/4 pace the entire 4hrs.

At the end of the day, the decision is yours. But, as I mentioned before.....I can almost guarantee you'll be faster after spending ~2+ solid hours in your car. Learning to not make mistakes is a huge factor in racing.....

Now...regarding me forgetting more about driving than you'll learn....hardly. My goal each and every time I go out on track is to learning something...a new line at a particular turn/track, changing braking habits, tire management, how to run defensively when needed without killing your lap times, etc, etc, etc. I still consider myself a newbie at this whole "racing thang", and have plenty of room for improvement.

RichardP
12-17-2007, 04:49 PM
spending ~2+ solid hours in your car

Driver changes aren't required for "short" enduros. Drive for all four hours to really get your money's worth... :)

Richard P.

Boudy
12-17-2007, 08:32 PM
"Hate to say it Mitch, but you are always dissatisfied with something....don't want to spend the money on a physical to renew your comp license."

Damn Mitch, even the new guys are hip to it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't see how driving any amount of time at 3/4 speed will make you faster.

For what it's worth, the most learning experience I ever had was racing an entire race stuck in 3rd gear at Hallett. I had to back-peddle 1/2 way down both straights and just sit around and wait. It was like waiting on Christmas in June. To my dismay, my laptimes were within 2 seconds. What happened was that I had nothing else to do but hit the marks and focus. It caused me to realize that I shift too much which is hard on my equipment instead of using momentum to my advantage.

Besides, how many times have you heard "Seat Time, Seat Time, Seat Time..."

Boudy

mitchntx
12-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Jerry sucks at the interweb.

ShadowBolt
12-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Jerry sucks at the interweb.

That was Adams quote.....not mine.

JJ

David Love AI27
12-17-2007, 10:40 PM
AIX. Short season for me (1, maybe 2 events plus the enduro) and I don't want to deal with a dyno. That's just another Saturday that I have to arrange around my wife's work schedule...

Nothing AIX specific on the car, just don't want to mess us the people in AI gunning for a championship.

I will be runing AIX also... Jason and I are planning on "teaming up" to run the Enduro... I think we can make 1hr 20min on a tank so I would start, Jason would run 2nd and I would finish... we hope to test milage while "short" shifting @ 5,000 and aiming for 5gal/20min.

David Love AI27
12-17-2007, 10:55 PM
I hate to bring up other race series' but.... we could/should run the enduro on Sunday, we could get in 2 points races on Sat. using the normal format and have time to prep cars Sat. evening... Run practice/qualifying at 8am Sunday moring, start the race at 10 and finish by 2, head home by 3... SCCA brings out sack lunches for the workers using local yellows... A new idea would be a manditory 15 min stop at noon to pass out lunches and run till 2:15 for a full 4 hour race... this long stop would be plenty of time to check brakes, fluids and tires without being rushed...

2 cents... take it or leave it...

now we are back on the thread... leave Mitch alone... :twisted:

Todd Covini
12-17-2007, 11:42 PM
now we are back on the thread... leave Mitch alone... :twisted:

Wah?!? We didn't do anything.
http://www.petoffice.co.jp/catprin/images/pop_kaeru2_l.jpg

Adam Ginsberg
12-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Driver changes aren't required for "short" enduros. Drive for all four hours to really get your money's worth... :)

Who's going "ironman"? :D

GlennCMC70
12-18-2007, 08:07 AM
anyone want to try it?

mitchntx
12-18-2007, 08:36 AM
At my age, it would be "iron bladder" ... :roll:

Adam Ginsberg
12-18-2007, 08:54 AM
anyone want to try it?

I've thought about it....

At my age, it would be "iron bladder" ... :roll:

Bag it.

Waco Racer
12-18-2007, 08:58 AM

Damn Mitch, even the new guys are hip to it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boudy

Dont mention "hip" and physical in the same sentence to Mitch. At his age it could be a bad omen. :P

Boudy
12-18-2007, 09:01 AM
anyone want to try it?

2 run groups and a 4 hour Iron Man. I'm in.

Boudy

GlennCMC70
12-18-2007, 09:02 AM
I've thought about it....

give me someone who would be a challenge and i'm in. :P

do we want to have a sub-E1 class? those who will do the whole race themselves? :?:

i think i'm gonna team up w/ Patterson.

marshall_mosty
12-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Michael and I are sharing piloting duties for AIX #67. Driver changes are part of the "fun".

Adam Ginsberg
12-18-2007, 11:15 AM

I wonder if Burch and Cody are thinking the same thing......

;)

8)

Boudy
12-18-2007, 12:07 PM

;)

8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: You took the words off my keyboard. I'm glad you said it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boudy

GlennCMC70
12-18-2007, 01:03 PM

;)

8)

being a regional event, i do believe i'm on the list above those two fellers.
nice try.

jeffburch
12-18-2007, 01:16 PM
If both mentioned competitors ARE there what's the difference.
Be carefull what you wish for.

jb

GlennCMC70
12-18-2007, 01:27 PM
who am i to think other than what the World Champ thinks.

Jeff Wins the enduro, Cody comes in 2nd.

GlennCMC70
12-18-2007, 01:28 PM
oh, and Adam will finish just out of the top 10.

AI#97
12-18-2007, 02:36 PM
oh, and Adam will finish just out of the top 10.

if you are talking about the enduro....I wouldn't count your chickens just yet there smart guy!!!

GlennCMC70
12-18-2007, 03:14 PM
i'll add you to the drivers list of the #5 and move it down in the results. fair enough?

drierson
12-18-2007, 03:44 PM
I like it!! CMC vs. HC2 for the E1 win. With a 10 gallon fill up limit per the rules you guys might be at a slight disadvantage..

AI#97
12-18-2007, 04:15 PM
i'll add you to the drivers list of the #5 and move it down in the results. fair enough?

Are you kidding me?! Adam and I on a team driving the same car?! What the F are you smokin'?! :shock:

I was just razzing you about having to finish the race before you put yourself on a podium for an event that is 5 months away... you know damn good and well I am the only one around here that is allowed to do that!! :lol: :P

Wirtz
12-18-2007, 05:50 PM
I dono, I have seen some of you guys after a 40 minute race, not sure I wanna see what happens after a couple of hours....

;)

Cody Powell
12-18-2007, 07:23 PM

jb

Looks like I need to plan a trip, if the champ says so and all!
I could co-drive if anyone is looking.

jeffburch
12-18-2007, 08:07 PM

jb

Thanks CP!
I graciously accept your invitation. 8)
ps, entry fees/gas on me.
Thx,
jb

Adam Ginsberg
12-18-2007, 08:07 PM

Hell yeah! Get yer butt down here, Cody.

Bring Raybob with ya! Wait....on second thought..... :)

David Love AI27
12-18-2007, 10:48 PM
anyone want to try it?

I'm your huckleberry... If someone will take on Jason as a co-driver...

mitchntx
12-18-2007, 11:45 PM

jb

Last I talked with Chuck, he was attempting to get a 944 contingent to come our way.

GlennCMC70
12-20-2007, 09:00 AM
i got a question.
a CMC car is classed in E1, right? is that CMC car required to race in the enduro (E1) in full CMC legal trim down to the tires? i would think so, but i see some folks looking to run a non-legal AI/CMC tire for the enduro and i'm not sure this is legal. my motive here is to prevent someone from running out and picking up a set of really exspensive tires they cant use.

RichardP
12-20-2007, 09:47 AM
i got a question.
a CMC car is classed in E1, right? is that CMC car required to race in the enduro (E1) in full CMC legal trim down to the tires? i would think so, but i see some folks looking to run a non-legal AI/CMC tire for the enduro and i'm not sure this is legal. my motive here is to prevent someone from running out and picking up a set of really exspensive tires they cant use.

Section 3.3.1 of the enduro rules. It's right next to section 3.3.2 which describes how to penalize fat people...

Richard P.

BryanL
12-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Here is the tire rule.

3.3.1. Cars (as represented) must meet their respective class’ technical rules, except that all cars may
run any D.O.T. approved tires that fit on the mandated wheel size for their class (unless otherwise
specified). ES and ESR cars may also use non-D.O.T. approved race tires (i.e. slicks) on any wheels.
Legends cars must run the spec tire for their class.

The fat guy penalty is here.

3.3.2. All cars must meet the minimum listed weight for their class. All enduro weights will be measured
without driver. Any weight listed in a competitor’s class rule book, which includes the driver, will be used
to set the minimum weight for the car, less 180 pounds. [For example, if a car’s class rule book specifies
a minimum weight of 2580 pounds (with driver), the enduro weight would be 2400 pounds minimum. If
there is any question as to the required weight, the team owner must contact the NASA national office at
least one week before the start of the event for clarification.

GlennCMC70
12-20-2007, 10:41 AM
well i'm not sure how i missed that. i've read the rules more than a couple times. i even missed the fat boy rule too. that minimum weight thing will play into my hands very well.

AI#97
12-20-2007, 11:12 AM
So a 3070lb CMC car running Hoosiers should do pretty well! ;)

Of course you will need two full sets and a pit stop!

RichardP
12-20-2007, 11:18 AM
So a 3070lb CMC car running Hoosiers should do pretty well! ;)

Of course you will need two full sets and a pit stop!

Ummm... That would be four pit stops. Section 8.11.1. Only one tire change per pit stop.

Richard P.

jeffburch
12-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Just another enduro FYI

The SE region is doing a 3hr enduro Fri March 14.
This is the day before their normal event at Road Atlanta.
The registration page for this event lists the following prices;
Up to 2 drivers $249
Up to 3 drivers $299
Up to 4 drivers $349

jb

y5e06
12-21-2007, 01:48 PM
hmmm, why the incrimental increase w/ # of drivers for one car entered?
to cover insurance?
just because they can charge?

marshall_mosty
12-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Is the registration per person, or per "team"??

gt40
12-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Is the registration per person, or per "team"??Per TEAM, I would hope, otherwise that makes the fee schedule even more dumber-er.

AI#97
12-25-2007, 02:35 AM
here is the course you guys should run!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFc4hVlyk4Y&feature=related

mmmmm WSC's and IMSA GTU's!!!

Todd Covini
12-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Ahhhh...the days when men were men and raced in open air machines and series sponsors were the best around! Nice signage around the track!

:wink: :D

David Love AI27
12-26-2007, 12:59 AM
here is the course you guys should run!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFc4hVlyk4Y&feature=related

mmmmm WSC's and IMSA GTU's!!!

THANKS, MATT!!!

You made my year... I attended that race weekend and had a blast...
so many memories... I am in posession of a left rear lug nut off of the 16 Dyson car...

my "date" was dressed to the hilt in black and gold and looked like Sandy Andretti, was invited to the garage by Max Papis and she set a wine GLASS on the car right in front of the ferarri team manager...

ask me about the autograph sesion...

CORN
12-26-2007, 07:07 AM
here is the course you guys should run!!!I wish we could... unfortunately NASCAR 3 and 4 are far too bumpy and would cost an absurd amount of cash to fix. I just don't think it will ever happen.

Ive thought many times about trying to incorporate NASCAR 1 and 2 into a track config tho

http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/images/31mile.gif

kinda like that but with less confusion in the middle and more 10-15. Only thing that concerns me is someone losing their brakes/stuck throttle cable/NDAing out of NASCAR 2 and slamming into someone coming out of 9.

And as a NASA official I am really looking forward to this enduro, the logistics are gonna be a bit challenging, but i cant wait!

Rob Liebbe
12-26-2007, 08:45 AM
I drove an open track event at Michigan International Speedway (sister track to TWS with the same layouts) a long time ago where we utilized Turns 3 & 4. It was BORING!!!! Turns 13-15 are much more exciting and challenging.

AI#97
12-26-2007, 09:14 AM
I wish we could... unfortunately NASCAR 3 and 4 are far too bumpy and would cost an absurd amount of cash to fix. I just don't think it will ever happen.

I have been "up" there on a 4 wheeler at 40mph and it isn't THAT bad!!! Granted it was midnight and alcohol was involved but it didn't seem that bad. I am sure it would get boring in an enduro and the biggest fear would be the speed carried into turn 1. Those cars in my vid post seemed to be doing an easy 190mph!!! :shock:

I think it was just cool to see all the fans in the stands and those teams working in the same garages we occupy with about 1/10th the equipment!! :lol: Seemed VERY cramped especially with all the "pit Pass" people walking around!

CORN
12-26-2007, 09:32 AM
I have been "up" there on a 4 wheeler at 40mph and it isn't THAT bad!!! Granted it was midnight and alcohol was involved but it didn't seem that bad. I am sure it would get boring in an enduro and the biggest fear would be the speed carried into turn 1. Those cars in my vid post seemed to be doing an easy 190mph!!! :shock:

I think it was just cool to see all the fans in the stands and those teams working in the same garages we occupy with about 1/10th the equipment!! :lol: Seemed VERY cramped especially with all the "pit Pass" people walking around!I did several hours in a Camry on the oval for some oil additive test dealy a few years ago. We were only going 83 (well most of the time) in the middle lane and it wasnt that bad. I'm afraid of what would happen to stiffly sprung cars at much higher speeds though. Its kind of a moot point anyways, I dont believe the new owner is going to let anyone use NASCAR 3 and 4.

No kidding on the speed. There was a VERY noticeable diff in speed from the stuff that goes on out there now. I really wish i would have gotten into the whole racing thing a few years earlier than I did. I would have LOVED to seen that stuff going on out there.

Boudy
12-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Note to self: Love brings his dates to the track. Good screening technique. Smart man.

rb

gt40
12-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Note to self: Love brings his dates to the track. Good screening technique. Smart man.

rbHey, it worked for me. Shoot -- The Wife even liked to drive in HPDE events until the Mustang got too hardcore for her.

AllZWay
12-27-2007, 02:07 PM
My wife used to race my dirt track in the powder puff races. She would probably race my CMC car if they would let her without having to go through a school to do it.

AI#97
12-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Seeing that we don't have trophy girls to hit on...you guys need to post up the places you are meeting these unusually cool women who understand our addiction!

;)

y5e06
12-27-2007, 03:33 PM
She would probably race my CMC car if they would let her without having to go through a school to do it.

Pit Happens, 2007 (timed event only)
dunno about 2008 though

AllZWay
12-27-2007, 04:32 PM
She would probably race my CMC car if they would let her without having to go through a school to do it.

Pit Happens, 2007 (timed event only)
dunno about 2008 though

Oh yea.... she talked to Corey's significant other about it at TWS this year, but we just weren't able to go this year.

She was also looking forward to last years banquet before it got cancelled so she could race someone in go carts. :D

rpoz27
12-27-2007, 11:53 PM

rbHey, it worked for me. Shoot -- The Wife even liked to drive in HPDE events until the Mustang got too hardcore for her.

For my birthday about 3 months after we started dating, Martin signed me up for a PCA event and bought me a helmet. He was a little afraid that I would hit him with the helmet, but took the chance and a track rat was born.

A year or so later on Valentine's Day, he took me to dinner and had the engagement ring in his pocket. I had no clue. He says he was nervous until I asked him if we could spend the weekend at a car show.

mitchntx
12-28-2007, 12:00 AM
she talked to Corey's significant other

sister

Boudy
12-29-2007, 10:21 PM

For my birthday about 3 months after we started dating, Martin signed me up for a PCA event and bought me a helmet. He was a little afraid that I would hit him with the helmet, but took the chance and a track rat was born.

A year or so later on Valentine's Day, he took me to dinner and had the engagement ring in his pocket. I had no clue. He says he was nervous until I asked him if we could spend the weekend at a car show.

Wow Misty. That's exactly how Mitch proposed to Glenn. Except I think it was at Hooters. :lol:

Boudy

mitchntx
12-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Wow Misty. That's exactly how Mitch proposed to Glenn. Except I think it was at Hooters. :lol:

Boudy

Boudy ... all of a sudden, I need that intake back.

Boudy
12-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Oh, come on Mitch. I don't care who you are, that was funny right there.

What intake? :lol:

Boudy

mitchntx
12-29-2007, 11:23 PM
I thought he was cute in a white tank top and short orange pants. However, I was really drunk at the time ...

AI#97
12-29-2007, 11:46 PM

sister

Ok, now I am REALLY confused...? :?

AllZWay
12-30-2007, 12:16 AM

sister

Family secret....you better ask Corey. :lol:

GlennCMC70
12-30-2007, 12:17 AM

sister

thats an inside joke from way back. back when you avoided conversations at the track w/ those who did not reside at Wayne Mannor.
back when you were a Batman and Robin groupie.

Todd Covini
12-30-2007, 12:21 AM

sister

Family secret....you better ask Corey. :lol:

Lewis Tanner can explain it all to you if he's still around.
(Did I hear he got married?)

GlennCMC70
12-30-2007, 12:27 AM
Lewis aint around cause he refuses to give NASA J/S his money. i think its a cop out to being P wooped. bet she's got him cleaning house on race weekends too. :P

Todd Covini
12-30-2007, 12:37 AM
You keep outing him like that he'll never come out an play. :roll: :lol:

AI#97
12-30-2007, 12:48 AM
back when you avoided conversations at the track w/ those who did not reside at Wayne Mannor.
back when you were a Batman and Robin groupie.

I think you are confusing THAT with being a rookie and learning tricks of the trade from people who have been open tracking mustangs for over 10 years... :roll: And I wasn't avoiding conversations...I was trying to make sure my damn lugnuts were tight!...

on a side note, don't take your car to firestone to have a tire rotation just because you don't feel like doing it yourself... You might laugh but I nearly had another wheel falling off incident today on the truck. had I rolled another 10' the front end would have come crashing down to the ground and I am damn lucky it didn't happen 30 seconds earlier when I was doing 80 mph! Suffice to say I am REALLY pissed but luckily only fuggered up a wheel and sheared 7 of the studs off. Going to go have a nice conversation with their shop manager tomorrow! :evil:

Todd Covini
12-30-2007, 12:51 AM
1 more day and it'll be a new year, Matt....one more day....hang in there.

AI#97
12-30-2007, 12:56 AM
1 more day and it'll be a new year, Matt....one more day....hang in there.

Well, I am glad it was only a wheel, a $165 tow and about $50 in parts...but it could have been A LOT worse. Imagine a lifted 4x4 Truck on 35's suddenly loosing the left front wheel and digging into the pavement while doing 80mph.... I feel lucky to be here to type about it actually.... :shock:

gt40
12-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Lewis aint around cause he refuses to give NASA J/S his money. i think its a cop out to being P wooped. bet she's got him cleaning house on race weekends too. :PChanging diapers, too! :shock:

Todd Covini
12-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Oh Jeez...he HAS been busy!!!

AI#97
12-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Lewis aint around cause he refuses to give NASA J/S his money. i think its a cop out to being P wooped. bet she's got him cleaning house on race weekends too. :PChanging diapers, too! :shock:

Adult diapers?

GlennCMC70
12-30-2007, 09:19 PM
i'm not into that kinda thing, and i didnt need to know that about Lewis.

oh my freakin' eyes! :shock:

michaelmosty
01-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Just checking on an update for entry fees for the TWS enduro.

I looked on the NAMEC website that is doing the endurance racing with NASA at all of the events this year. They have their registration for the MSR-H endurance race that is a 1 hour 45 minute enduro and it is $475. :shock:

Is the TWS enduro going through them or NASA?

GlennCMC70
01-25-2008, 02:40 PM
i was told there was a separate NASA fee for race weekend and one for the enduro. i also asked for a price brake on the regular event due to it being cut a little short and one for those doing both.

i've preasured them for details but they dont have them worked out yet.
lets give them till R1 at MSR-H to give an answer, and then i'll start pinging them pretty good after that.

Todd Covini
01-26-2008, 12:25 AM
NAMEC is for the funny lookin' cars.
NASA will have their own rates.