PDA

View Full Version : tire budget

tomlinmgt
12-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Putting together a budget as the Capri draws closer to completion. What are the 255/50 RA1 (is that still the spec tire for CMC?) Toyos going for (shaved and shipped) these days and who's got the best deal?

Thanks,
Michael

y5e06
12-10-2007, 11:33 AM
just under $800 shaved & shipped to your door. Vilven tire, they're on the nasa nationals site.

GlennCMC70
12-10-2007, 11:55 AM
i've gotten as many as 6 weekends out of a set to as little as 4.
so plan on 2 sets a year. i use about 3 counting Nationals. i also have a set of full tread rains i picked up in '06 at Mid Ohio. i've used them 2 times now. worth thier weight in gold when its raining.
oh and about 6 seconds per lap over the field - right Jeff W?

AllZWay
12-10-2007, 12:38 PM
I used two sets last year. This does give me a few tires good for practice and two good enough for an entire weekend for next year.

Mine were all shaved 4/32 .

I also had no rain tires and the one race this year with full slicks was horrible....but also hard to spend $800 for one race per year.

Hey Mike... Does the name Corey Sharek ring a bell with you?

tomlinmgt
12-10-2007, 02:28 PM
James,
Yes it does. I had been talking to Corey about playing drums in a band he was reforming (never solidified due to one member's intolerant wife). He mentioned your name to me when I told him I was building a car for CMC. I know we've never met but it's always cool to run across someone that knows somebody from the group. Look forward to meeting you this upcoming year.

Michael

AllZWay
12-10-2007, 02:44 PM
James,
Yes it does. I had been talking to Corey about playing drums in a band he was reforming (never solidified due to one member's intolerant wife). He mentioned your name to me when I told him I was building a car for CMC. I know we've never met but it's always cool to run across someone that knows somebody from the group. Look forward to meeting you this upcoming year.

Michael

Same here.. .look forward to meeting you. I know Mitch and Glenn know you too, but funny thing about Corey. He and I will be doing a lot of business together over the coming year. He said that after talking to you and I that he is developing a bug to try out some track stuff.