PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Rolex 24 @ Daytona

Todd Covini
12-12-2007, 10:40 PM
http://www.racetickets.com/grand-american-road-racing-tickets/2008/2008-rolex-24-at-daytona/

Who wants to go?
Just fishin' for interest.
I'd love to blast away for the weekend and experience it again.

-=- T

Adam Ginsberg
12-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Hmmm....I'd love to go. Drive down, camp out for the weekend.....what a blast.

However, it appears we'll be in Austin the entire month on January filming. If that changes....maybe we can take a road trip!

Todd Covini
12-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Actually....flights are really cheap.

Last time I did it a few years ago, we flew in on Friday nite, woke up Saturday morning and didn't go back to the hotel "for a nap" until Sunday afternoon after the race before catching a Sunday evening flight back.

Work on Monday was hell!!! :twisted:

Wirtz
12-13-2007, 10:25 PM
Man, I have always wanted to go see the Rolex in person. I used to go to the 24 hours of the Glen back in the IMSA days. We would camp along the short straight in the Boot. Sure would be fun to go with a group of racers.... boys night out or take the SOs?

Thinking....

Jeff

Todd Covini
12-13-2007, 11:01 PM
SO's will require more R&R and less "track time"....I'm thinking more of a flag to flag marathon of motosport mayhem with fellow motorheads.

The one and only time I've been I went with a few other gearheads and we "lived it" for the whole 24...helped a few teams...saw some other roadracers...and had an awesome weekend.

Nothing sets the tone for the upcoming race season than seeing the pros do it like we do!!!

-=- Todd

PS- You can mingle in the paddock with Stewart, Johnson, Buckler and others.

Wirtz
12-13-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm 'wit cha' on the planning....

Anyone looked into the GRM package for the 24 as an option?

Waco Racer
12-13-2007, 11:33 PM
I would do it if it wasn't my daughter's birthday. Maybe next year.

Todd Covini
12-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Funny. Previous years it's always been my daughter's birthday (Feb 2)...now that it's earlier, I can do it.

Boudy
12-15-2007, 11:07 PM
The GRM package sounds pretty cool. Good way to hook up with more fellow racers.

In comparing to RaceTickets.com, does anyone know what an API 1-Day Pass is?

Boudy