PDA

View Full Version : LiiR Race report for April event at MSR-C

David Love AI27
04-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Brief notes:

Topic, Amber:

Thanks to Kevin M. and Adam G. for their concerns about Amber's licensing. For those who don't know, Amber was placed on double secret probation for R1 to test her abilities. After an uneventful race (which is a good thing) she was allowed to compete in R2. Other than a misunderstanding concerning shiftlights and rev limiters, she did quite well. When we left Sunday, she was presented with her provisional racing license. Thanks to all who came by the camp and gave her words of support. Lookout JG... she has seen the car and she "ain't skeered" LOL

Topic, David:

Unlike Amber who started both her races in one of four forward gears, Dad decided to try start the race in reverse! This added much excitement and an extra couple of yards to the extended race. I was blessed, because Jason decided to video the front of the pack going into T1 and held there till I came into view, so my stupidity was not recorded. I'm glad all the penalty issues were resolved Sunday moring, cuz I would hate to think that Mike P. could have been black flagged because I backed into him on the start. Hopefully he didn't have an in-car camera.

Topic, Video:

I had a crapy video camera with no battery life. Due to operator error (recorded over part of Amber's first race) our video sucks. The best shot we have is Morgan and I running side by side through rattlesnake and finshing as we both got into the oil slick left by BOND, JAMES BOND... "shaken not stirred". Too bad it wasn't an in-car video or you would have heard "WHAT THE F@CK?!?!?" as the car was dancing under braking. Since I was one of the first cars that ran right through the heaviest part, I got the cool experience of spinning my tires all the way up to the next corner. I would appreciate any stills or videos of Amber in R1.

Topic, The Car:

The AI (AIX on Sunday) #27 was awsome. When Jason would check the oil and come back and say "level is good, Dad", I would reply "no way, let ME check it". Finally on Sunday he got pissed and said "DAD! I know what I'm doing, it is fine" and it was. Thanks Jay of all your help. He checks the fluids and pressures and torques the lugs (thanks for the use of your torque wrench, 007) before EVERY session. The car was flawless, UNTILL!!! when I was loading it on the trailer, I hung the mufflers on the trailer and ripped all the new exhaust off of the headers.

Topic, The other racers, their wifes and the officials:

All of you make these weekends special for me and my family, THANK YOU ALL! The field of cars looked rather bland with out the Mus-turd or the Ford Ranger. We missed Todd, Chris, Cory and Wiley and the others that couldn't make it. Boudy, I didn't get to meet you but I love the car. Burch, I DON'T know why she keeps you around, but I DO know why you keep her around, THANK THE WIFE FOR THE ICECREAM!!!

FINNALY, Topic, SPONSERS:

Thanks to MARY WHITAKER (Mom) for her financial support, there is absolutely no way we could participate in this sport without her cash. Thanks to Wiley for the ROYAL PURPLE support, our prayers go out to you during these trying times. Thanks to Skip "TEXSTAR" Smith for his painstaking efforts bringing on PST, Painless and others. Lets not forget BOBBY ARCHER, I try to purchase something from him at EVERY event, PST is good for MSR-C but what about Events at TWS?? Bobby has been loyal to the group, and we all know how hard it is to load up all that stuff and carry it to the tracks.

AGAIN, thanks to all of you for everything you do!!

Mike Bell
04-24-2006, 01:37 PM
From what I saw Amber did a great job out there. Congratulations to her for taking the first steps towards her total addiction in life, lol. 8)

CMC17
04-24-2006, 02:14 PM
I had no issues with Amber at all. As I came flying around Buzzards Neck, she gave plenty of room on the inside to pass going into the next turn.

Congratz on a job well done!

8)

mitchntx
04-24-2006, 02:26 PM
We went through the back side of the track almost side by side ... never a bobble and I never thought twice about it ...

cjlmlml
04-24-2006, 07:00 PM
from me as well, she did a great job with track awareness......

Good job Amber

jeffburch
04-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Amber Rocked!
Nice tan too.

jb

Todd Covini
04-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Great job, Amber!!!
Glad to hear it.

Now...tell me more about this "standing start in reverse" comment you made David?!?!?

<<reaches for the double-secret probation notebook>>
:lol:

-=- Todd

David Love AI27
04-24-2006, 11:23 PM
Now...tell me more about this "standing start in reverse" comment you made David?!?!?

<<reaches for the double-secret probation notebook>>

to quote "show me were it says it in the CCR"

I looked and it doesn't spell out which gear you are "required" to use in a standing start :?

Adam Ginsberg
04-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Amber's "test" was during qualifying on Saturday. As what Kevin Mixon did to me when I went thru the RaceCraft School in 2003, I followed her out on track, and dogged the #27 pretty hard for 2 or 3 laps, eventually going side-by-side thru T3 and T4 without a single problem. She gave me the point by on lap 2 ( well done, Amber ), but I wasn't quite finished yet. ;)

She did great, and really showed her situational awareness on track. Congrats to her for a job well done.

As for David's standing start....he's now known as Love in Reverse. :lol:

a_love02
04-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Thanks to all of you for your support and feedback from the races. Seeing as how I was on double probation, i was just trying to finish the races w/o going off or getting in anyone's way! Im just in this to have fun and learn a few things!! Definately need more track time and more time driving a standard, since the only time i do that is on the track!! (Dad i need a new everyday driver now, one thats a standard!! :D ).....and im sure that as soon as i get used to racing the camaro and they way it handles on the track, the mustang will be ready and i'll have to start all over again, but thats ok, ill have my own car!! LOL Thanks again guys and R3 was awesome, ya'll put on a good show!! See ya in Houston!

a_love02
04-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Thanks to all of you for your support and feedback from the races. Seeing as how I was on double probation, i was just trying to finish the races w/o going off or getting in anyone's way! Im just in this to have fun and learn a few things!! Definately need more track time and more time driving a standard, since the only time i do that is on the track!! (Dad i need a new everyday driver now, one thats a standard!! :D ).....and im sure that as soon as i get used to racing the camaro and they way it handles on the track, the mustang will be ready and i'll have to start all over again, but thats ok, ill have my own car!! LOL Thanks again guys and R3 was awesome, ya'll put on a good show!! See ya in Houston!