PDA

View Full Version : New found power!

chicane23
04-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Wow, I seen a few individuals found some power for this event.

I've never seen a car pull on people like it did this past weekend and you know who you are!

A good example would be David Armstrong's car.
That car had 329 rwhp and 354 rwtq and weighed 3168 at the last race. Now the car has lost the blast that I had in it of almost 55 lbs and now running Carbon Fiber fenders, doors and hood. This all adds up to more than 75 + lbs alone. The doors alone save over 30 lbs each, not to mention the lighter wheels and tires.

I seen a car pull him on the straight like nothing before, no it was not Matt W. I believe his numbers are one target as he was running with me and this weekend David would pull him pretty good in the straights.

I hope all had a great weekend.

P.S. AI Racers that was your last weekend to get first place finishes, I will be back!

AI#97
04-24-2006, 01:45 PM
P.S. AI Racers that was your last weekend to get first place finishes, I will be back!

John sorry to not have you on course this weekend but a win is a win my friend and I will take the points any way I can get them!!

Oh, I called jeremy last night and told him to be sure to put in my radio controlled kill switch in your car! If you get too far ahead, I can flip a switch on the dash and turn your car off for a while so I can catch up! :wink: :lol: There is also a few more things in store for Houston so don't get too excited....yet!

CMC17
04-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Wow, I seen a few individuals found some power for this event.

<snip>

I seen a car pull him on the straight like nothing before, no it was not Matt W. I believe his numbers are one target as he was running with me and this weekend David would pull him pretty good in the straights.

I admit it, it was me.

donovan
04-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Hmmm, could it me me??? :shock:

cmarvel
04-24-2006, 04:07 PM

I love you man, but your not getting my Bud Light (or your favorite spot on the podium back) :wink:

NASA13
04-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Ok who's cheating?
Fess up!

AI#97
04-24-2006, 05:42 PM
I admit it, It was me.

did you say manties? Sorry there was an echo when I read that.....

I kid! I kid!!!

CMC17
04-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Ok who's cheating?
Fess up!

I tell ya, it was me!! The dyno doesn't lie. I had my name drawn from the hat when I wasn't looking (nice setup guys!! Who paid AG off??). lol

219rwhp 266rwtq Better watch out for the ground pounding, heart stopping, unadulterated power from CMC17!!! I'm coming for youz GM boyz... if you wait up for me!

8) :lol:

AI#97
04-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Ok who's cheating?
Fess up!

I tell ya, it was me!! The dyno doesn't lie. I had my name drawn from the hat when I wasn't looking (nice setup guys!! Who paid AG off??). lol

219rwhp 266rwtq Better watch out for the ground pounding, heart stopping, unadulterated power from CMC17!!! I'm coming for youz GM boyz... if you wait up for me!

I question that dyno because I think JG broke it on Friday! Crazy stuff watching that car Launch on the dyno!!!! :shock:

CMC17
04-25-2006, 07:40 AM
Ok who's cheating?
Fess up!

I question that dyno because I think JG broke it on Friday! Crazy stuff watching that car Launch on the dyno!!!! :shock:

Nah, CMC17 has always had power issues. It's time for a change and get rid of the old tired worn out low power air pump. 8)

chicane23
04-25-2006, 09:46 AM
I now have serious issues with above ground dynos!!!! Specially after this weekend on the one at the ranch.

That was one of the scariest things I have done in a long, long time!

Matt said my eyes where as big as an apple and I can believe it. The floor anchors are not grade 8.

I will say Jason and Shannon (owners) are both great people. I had the car on the dyno 3 times this weekend with now success. :-(

donovan
04-25-2006, 10:20 AM
What's with the floor anchors... did you break them?

CMC17
04-25-2006, 10:53 AM
What's with the floor anchors... did you break them?

I think the car jumped up off the rollers. :shock:

My car was just the opposite. We had to hand crank the rollers to get them rolling. Otherwise, the car would stall. lol!

chicane23
04-25-2006, 11:35 AM
No, I didn't break them. I just was looking at them after the first 3 runs!

The concrete was cracked around them and I was told that I did that!

oz98cobra
04-25-2006, 11:51 AM
I now have serious issues with above ground dynos!!!! Specially after this weekend on the one at the ranch.

That was one of the scariest things I have done in a long, long time!

Matt said my eyes where as big as an apple and I can believe it. The floor anchors are not grade 8.

I will say Jason and Shannon (owners) are both great people. I had the car on the dyno 3 times this weekend with now success. :-(

Hey John, I thought with you needing to add ballast to bring your car up to minimum weight, you only needed to make 300/320? Why such a beast of a mill for the new AI23?

Tell you what, I'll swap you - my stock Cobra motor will make 300/320 all day everyday with nothing more than a set of long tubes, pulleys, and the right tune - and it's nicely run in and track tested too ;)

chicane23
04-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Car is not tuned yet, way to lean! I need to fatten it up in many ways. ;-)

Your motor is to heavy, I would need to get more HP out of it and we know what happens to a stock mod motor when you do that. ;-)

BTW, the accessories and all components are the heavy parts.

AI#97
04-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Car is not tuned yet, way to lean! I need to fatten it up in many ways. ;-)

Your motor is to heavy, I would need to get more HP out of it and we know what happens to a stock mod motor when you do that. ;-)

BTW, the accessories and all components are the heavy parts.

Well, installing the A/C back in the car would help you make weight and I happen to have the full system in my attic! Hell, i will even weld it onto your car for you! :wink:

don't knock the stock mod motor man.....my STOCK bottom end was making 300/310 for 2 years of OT and autox work without any issues. I could easily build a 2V with ported heads, flat tops for about 13:1 compression, a proper set of cams and kick the snot out of most old windsors! Course, you might have $10k in the motor but it would work and be quite a bit lighter in the ALUMINUM version! If I had a larger set of cams in my car it would probably put down 360rwhp....but alas, I just have little cams... :P