PDA

View Full Version : The Banquet- Jan. 12th @ Dallas SpeedZone

mitchntx
01-02-2008, 11:20 AM
All I've read is that it's on the 12th at some go-cart place in Dallas.

How about an address, time, agenda, cost ...

AI#97
01-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Google search is your friend... :wink:

time/cost? That WOULD be good info...

rpoz27
01-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Google search is your friend... :wink:

time/cost? That WOULD be good info...

+1. More info would be fantastic.

GlennCMC70
01-02-2008, 01:11 PM
there is an all AI/CMC director call tonight. i've been asking for this for a couple weeks now. seems our schedules all just now lined up.
the call will be at around 9pm, so look for more details posted later that night or in the morning.

the only thing you guys/gals should worry about is being there. this is a "do not miss" event. the 2005 Banquet was allot of fun. the AI/CMC part of the 2006 Banquet (combined w/ NASA TX last year :( ) was also a blast.
also, if you are a future AI/CMC rookie, please plan on attending this event. this will give you allot of incite to the type of guys and gals we are, and to the type of attitude you should bring w/ you on race weekends.

GlennCMC70
01-02-2008, 01:12 PM
also, some of you "out of towners" should consider getting a room for the night.

y5e06
01-02-2008, 01:37 PM
if you are a future AI/CMC rookie, please plan on attending this event.
yes, there is no reason not to.

This will be my 4th AI/CMC 'banquet'... after only two seasons of competition

rpoz27
01-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Already booked flight, hotel, and car. Corn and Martin are covering for me at MSC while I'm gone.

AllZWay
01-02-2008, 03:36 PM
I was about to post up today looking for details as well.

I am not sure if we are going to spend the night or not....kind of depends on the amount of alcohol that might be consumed and the time it is expected to be over.

Anyone bringing kids?

marshall_mosty
01-02-2008, 04:04 PM
My kids will be with my folks, I'm flying solo as my wife's working 7p-7a at the hospital... :(

I have been trying to get her out to the track more to show her that I'm just around a bunch of guys and it's not all trophy girls and champange like they show on TV... 8)

Fbody383
01-02-2008, 04:40 PM
...this will give you allot of incite to the type of guys and gals we are...

–verb (used with object), -cit·ed, -cit·ing. to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action; cause confusion and consternation in the paddock: to incite a rookie to false start.

...and to the type of attitude you should bring w/ you on race weekends.

Game face at the banquet? This should be fun; I might have to drive up early and get in some "practice."

Rookies and new faces should remember to bring pictures... of their rear bumpers, or their cars'.

mitchntx
01-02-2008, 04:58 PM

–verb (used with object), -cit·ed, -cit·ing. to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action; cause confusion and consternation in the paddock: to incite a rookie to false start.

Let it go. Many have gone before you.

silversvo
01-02-2008, 05:28 PM
I would like to know some details about when the banquet starts and so on... I was planning on being at TWS that weekend as I need seat/track time... Maybes I head that way right after the track.

AI#97
01-02-2008, 05:43 PM

I pass the hat on to you! :lol: Please have Glenn return my speak and spell with new batteries as they appear to have gone dead!

:lol:

Todd Covini
01-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Sorry for the delay in getting details out guys.
It's been a great, relaxing holiday!!!
As Glenn stated, we'll update later tonight after our director call.

Bottom line...
We're confirmed for SpeedZone in Dallas Sat. 1/12.
Banquet will be in the Victory Lane Room
http://www.speedzone.com/dallas/index.html
Setup ~5PM
Welcome ~6PM
Awards Banquet/Dinner ~7PM
1st Annual AI/CMC Karting Championship Races ~9PM

(Al proposed the 9PM karting back-end to assure I'd shut-up on time. :roll: )

More specifics regarding food, drink, shirts, shoes, video, costs, karting eliminations and more coming later.

-=- Todd

GlennCMC70
01-02-2008, 06:57 PM
i had it as insite and spell checked it and got incite. it didnt look right but who am i to question Spell Checker? i now know its insight. you can all now stand inline for your F U.

Todd Covini
01-02-2008, 07:02 PM
They're just trying to incite you, Glenn.
It was insightful of you to ask about the banquet.
We've got the banquet in sight now.
I'm excited to go to the event.
It's a nice site.

-=- T :D

AI#97
01-02-2008, 07:02 PM
i had it as insite and spell checked it and got incite. it didnt look right but who am i to question Spell Checker? i now know its insight. you can all now stand inline for your F U.

Just give me the "proper" point by and we're good!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GlennCMC70
01-02-2008, 07:04 PM
its the only way you could pass me in a CMC car. :P

AI#97
01-02-2008, 08:05 PM
its the only way you could pass me in a CMC car. :P

Well, Wayne's CMC IS for sale... and NOT a bad price at all!! :shock:

GlennCMC70
01-02-2008, 08:07 PM
and your point is?

AI#97
01-02-2008, 08:58 PM
and your point is?

You're slow and can't spell!! Had to take a double shot on that one!!! :D

:P

GlennCMC70
01-02-2008, 09:09 PM
back to name callin' Matt? take another pill. :P

BlueFirePony
01-02-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm planning to be there!
Just one question...will there be a break out session for spelling and name calling? I am a bit rusty on those skills...I need practice :)

GlennCMC70
01-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Just one question...will there be a break out session for spelling and name calling? I am a bit rusty on those skills...I need practice :)

well if your driving a Ford, you will need to sharpen those skills.

glad to see you have no idea what abuse your in for. :wink:

Todd Covini
01-03-2008, 01:28 AM

I love it!!! The new guys catch on quick around here. :lol:
See you there!

-=- Todd

Fbody383
01-03-2008, 12:06 PM

Since "Da Man" is setting up the karting it looks like BlueFirePony and I will be starting at the back.

But don't fret, we'll be practicing "proper" point buy technique...

Do I need to bring an "R" for the kart too?

BryanL
01-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Do you have to take a breathalyzer before karting like they do in offshore boat racing.

AI#97
01-03-2008, 01:47 PM
back to name callin' Matt? take another pill. :P

I have a sneaking suspicion our group may never get asked back to Speedzone! Sort of like that commercial with the kid and Kenny Wallace... Any story with me and Glenn ends with me putting him in the wall!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Bring the tylenol!!! :P

AI#97
01-03-2008, 01:52 PM

Actually, I am thinking a full size orange license plate and a couple of binder clips sticking it to your shirt or jacket!!!

as for the point by...keep in mind the "bird" is grounds for unsportsmanlike conduct! ;) :lol:

GlennCMC70
01-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Matt, i'de gladly cut off my own index finger to be able to legally give you the "point by bird"! :shock:

as the Kart King Run-off's 2007 Director, i control your destiny. inverts at the drop of a hat. ballest, blindfolds, whatever i need to do to all the other racers to give you a fighting chance. :lol:

ShadowBolt
01-03-2008, 02:02 PM

Since "Da Man" is setting up the karting it looks like BlueFirePony and I will be starting at the back.

But don't fret, we'll be practicing "proper" point buy technique...

"point buy technique"?

I should not say anything......I can't spell cat if you spot me the C and the T.

Lets see if anyone knows who made that famous quote and about whom he was speaking?

JJ

GlennCMC70
01-03-2008, 02:04 PM
crap guys, dont "Corner Carver" this site.

donovan
01-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Matt, i'de gladly cut off my own index finger to be able to legally give you the "point by bird"! :shock:

as the Kart King Run-off's 2007 Director, i control your destiny. inverts at the drop of a hat. ballest, blindfolds, whatever i need to do to all the other racers to give you a fighting chance. :lol:

Coin toss at the begining of each race determines an invert?

AI#97
01-03-2008, 03:28 PM

Coin toss at the begining of each race determines an invert?

Glenn, please don't do that because I wouldn't want you to have to pick your nose with the same finger you pick your butt with!!!! :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :lol: :shock:

I don't care what you do to handicap the events, it's all in fun and I never shyed from an invert this year! Just don't make any spelling tests required or YOU won't be able to compete! Directors do get to race right?!

Disclaimer: This is all in fun and meant to incite a measure of friendly competition!!!

AI#97
01-03-2008, 03:30 PM
I should not say anything......I can't spell cat if you spot me the C and the T.

Lets see if anyone knows who made that famous quote and about whom he was speaking?

JJ

Marshall Dillon from Gunsmoke?!

Fbody383
01-03-2008, 04:14 PM
point buy technique

Good catch Jerry; I meant it as a fundraiser opportunity - PointBuytm. Pay your money and even the champ will let you go around.

Actually, I am thinking a full size orange license plate and a couple of binder clips sticking it to your shirt or jacket!!!

as for the point by...keep in mind the "bird" is grounds for unsportsmanlike conduct!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff9/nasaphoto/rookieshirt.jpg

I had to review the fresh 2008 rules; I made the font bigger so you could see it:

2. INTENT
The intent of the Camaro Mustang Challenge (CMC) racing class is to provide National Auto Sport Association (NASA) members a racing series...

Good sportsmanship is valued more than finishing position. This means clean, well-executed passing is to be a trademark of the series...

If, during extracurricular activities, the universal sign for "how ya doin'?" is presented to incite a response, the offending competitor shall retrieve at their expense, the next round of beverages requested by the intended recepient of such communciation.

GlennCMC70
01-03-2008, 05:25 PM
just an FYI - my wife and two girls will be coming to this event.

Matt - da stinky pinky?

all in fun. except the AG jokes. :P

lets tone it down some though, we may peak before the banquet.

there will be plenty of "My Daddy is NOT the Man" shirts to hand out to all you slow guys out there.

Nick
01-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Good catch Jerry; I meant it as a fundraiser opportunity - PointBuytm. Pay your money and even the champ will let you go around.

:lol:

AI#97
01-03-2008, 06:36 PM
just an FYI - my wife and two girls will be coming to this event.

Matt - da stinky pinky?

all in fun. except the AG jokes. :P

lets tone it down some though, we may peak before the banquet.

there will be plenty of "My Daddy is NOT the Man" shirts to hand out to all you slow guys out there.

Sounds like I am going to have to crack out the Iron on T-shirt transfers!!! ;)

Todd Covini
01-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Terry Bradshaw, Jerry.

(Man, am I glad I put the details in a separate thread!) :roll:

ShadowBolt
01-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Terry Bradshaw, Jerry.

(Man, am I glad I put the details in a separate thread!) :roll:

Thomas Henderson said it about Terry Bradshaw before a Super Bowl.

JJ

BryanL
01-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Man Glenn-what's with all the finger comments. You know a guy that can remove a finger.
Now when I am waving at you in my rearview mirror at the end of the race I'm sorry you won't be able to hear me say "Read between the lines"

Bryan "4 Finger Racing"

Al Fernandez
01-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Dude, there are no rear view mirrors on karts :wink: 8)

Todd Covini
01-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Glenn,
I've shipped the placards you asked me to produce.
(Man...I think you're taking this Karting Race Director role a tad too serious.)

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/3324/7708/214861.jpg

Fbody383
01-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Glenn,
I've shipped the placards...

That's why you haven't updated the RSVP's in the other thread...

Todd Covini
01-06-2008, 11:21 PM
What do you mean?
I updated it.
http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2007-09/swimming-cat.jpg