PDA

View Full Version : The Banquet Details for Saturday, Jan. 12

Todd Covini
01-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Almost an identical cut/paste from last year!!!

++++++++++++++++++++

What: 5th Annual Texas AI/CMC Banquet
Why: Meet the Racers, Awards, Buffet, Videos, 2008 Input, Track time, National CMC Trophy Unveiling/Presentation, etc.
Who: Everybody and anybody!
When: January 12, 2008. 6pm-10:30pm
Where: SpeedZone, Dallas, Texas. http://www.speedzone.com/dallas/index.html
Cost: $15/person ($35/person if karting)
Dress: Casual or Formal…however you like to receive your award.

Tentative Agenda (with a few surprises)
6:00 Welcome & Cocktail Hour (featuring Mid-Atlantic's 2007 Season Video)
6:45 Dinner- “Tailgate Party Dinner” Burgers, Hot Dogs & Fixin’s
7:00 Todd Covini- Host & MC of the Evening- Opening Monologue
7:15 AJ Petersen from PST- Motorsports Seminar
7:25 2007 Season Review/ 2008 Season Goals/ Series Admin Reports
7:40 WORLD PREMIERE- 2007 TEXAS AI/CMC SEASON VIDEO!!!
8:30 2007 Texas AI/CMC Awards Ceremony
8:50 2007 National CMC Championship Trophy Unveiling & Presentation
9:00 AI/CMC Championship Karting- 3 round eliminations on slick track
10PM Inaugural AI/CMC Karting Champion Crowned

RSVP must be received by January 10th
RSVP: tacovini at aol dot com. Please put "RSVP" in subject line.RSVP details needed:
1) Name
2) # of banquet tickets @ $15/ea.
3) # of karting championship entries @ $20/ea
4) Total amount due

NOTE- Prepayment preferred ($15 Dinner/ $20 Karting)
(Payment instructions to be provided in RSVP response email- post 1/9, PayPal to tacovini at aol dot com)Price at the door will be $20 Dinner/ $25 Karting

Evening Highlights:
+ Texas AI/CMC Championship racecars will be inside the facility for the general public (and the rest of us) to view
+ Big Screen, Sound System, World Premiere 2007 Season Recap Video
+ See the unveiling of the World Class National CMC Championship Trophy that Texas AI/CMC commissioned for the series and get presented to our own Texas CMC Champion!
+ Complimentary mini-golf for all banquet attendees (for those who think golf is more important than racing)
+ Over 25 awards and trophies to be presented (including the karting championship award!)
+ Full cash bar (located just outside our Victory Lane banquet room)
+ Buckets of beer available at the bar for those who choose to for easy toting into the banquet

Regarding the Karting Championship:
• Max 14 karts on track at one time on the slick track.
• All paid RSVP karting drivers are provided with $25 Play Cards valid for any attraction on site. (Each karting Round cost $7)
• Timing & Scoring results will be printed after each round.
• Qualifying elimination races to determine championship race grid/order.
• Fastest lap time from each round automatically advances to the championship race.
• Glenn Landrum will be the Karting Race Director for the evening. (Be nice to him.)

OK..OK….I’m Going….what do I need to do???-

Make sure you’ve RSVP’d to Todd Covini per the instructions here before the deadline and indicate how many in your party will also be taking the Texas AI/CMC karting championship challenge.

RSVP: tacovini at aol dot com. Please put "RSVP" in subject line.

Current RSVP attendees are:
NAME DINNER KARTING TOTAL PAID
Todd Covini 1 1 $35 PAID
Al & Becky Fernandez 2 2 $70
Glenn Landrum 3 3 $105
David & Holly Donovan 2 2 $70
Nicholas & Virginia Runyon 2 2 $70 PAID
Marshall Mosty 1 1 $35 PAID
Misty Cain 1 1 $35 PAID
David Francis 1 1 $35 PAID
Matt White 1 1 $35 PAID
Morgan Dawdy 1 1 $35 PAID
AJ Petersen 1 1 $35
James & Kendra Proctor 2 2 $70 PAID
Mitch Warren 1 1 $35 PAID
Steve Mulder 1 1 $35 PAID
Michael Mosty 1 1 $35 PAID
Brian & Kyri Calder 2 2 $70 PAID
Jeremy Gunter 1 1 $35 PAID
Chris & Sharon Lyons 2 1 $50 PAID
Richard & Kim Painter 3 3 $105
Jeff & Bev Burch 3 0 $45 PAID
Troy Reynolds 1 1 $35 PAID
Todd Farley 1 1 $35 PAID
Adam Ginsberg 1 1 $35 PAID
LiiR 3 3 $105 PAID
Mason & Nadia Melkowits 2 1 $50 PAID
Bryan Leinart 2 0 $30 PAID
Robert Boudreaux 2 2 $70
Clifton & Amy Winkleman 2 2 $70
Daron & Leah Cooke 2 2 $70

(This will be updated periodically as RSVP's are received.)

FYI...The following excuses have been banished for 2008:
“It’s too far.”
“It’s too expensive.”
“I’ve been to Dallas too many times this month already.”
“My wife has other plans for me.”
“It won’t be that fun.”
“People I don’t like will be there.”
“I wasn’t in the top 5.”
"I'll be at an opentrack event all day and I'll be too tired that nite."
"I really should be working on the racecar instead of getting to know the people who will finish ahead of me this year."
“Gee…I’d love to race in AI/CMC someday, but I still don’t have a car and those guys/gals are just too cool….I don’t think I can hang with them.”

"CINCH IT UP!!!"
See you there….

Todd Covini

AllZWay
01-05-2008, 09:54 PM
I just RSVP'ed to Todd for 2 people...Kendra and I will attend and she will also do the kart racing too.

James

Todd Covini
01-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Current attendees who have RSVP'd are now listed in the announcement.

I'm pleased to announce that AJ Petersen from PST has also been added to the evening's agenda to give us a brief Seminar to update us on some of the latest developments in the Motorsports business.

Send in your RSVP's asap!!!

-=- Todd

AI#97
01-07-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm pleased to announce that AJ Petersen from PST has also been added to the evening's agenda to give us a brief Seminar to update us on some of the latest developments in the Motorsports business.

-=- Todd

And to whip our butts on the kart track!!! He weighs what...90lbs?! and races karts! :shock:

mitchntx
01-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Tentative Agenda (with a few surprises)
6:00 Welcome & Cocktail Hour
6:45 Dinner- “Tailgate Party Dinner” Burgers, Hot Dogs & Fixin’s
7:00 Todd Covini- Host & MC of the Evening- Opening Monologue
7:10 AJ Petersen from PST- Motorsports Seminar
7:25 2007 Season Review/ 2008 Season Goals/ Series Admin Reports
7:45 WORLD PREMIERE- 2007 TEXAS AI/CMC SEASON VIDEO!!!
8:15 2007 Texas AI/CMC Awards Ceremony
8:50 2007 National CMC Championship Trophy Unveiling & Presentation
9:00 AI/CMC Championship Karting- 3 round eliminations on slick track
10PM Inaugural AI/CMC Karting Champion Crowned

See you there….

Todd Covini

The first surprise would be your speaking for only 10 minutes.

Adam Ginsberg
01-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Does my kid filming a Disney TV show in Austin for the entire month of January count as a good "not able to attend" excuse?

jeffburch
01-07-2008, 01:04 PM
No.
That falls under "the wife has plans for me" catagory.
You can pull away from the teet for one evening.

jb

Adam Ginsberg
01-07-2008, 01:49 PM
No, it falls under the "TX law requires an adult to be on-set during filming for minors" category. At least, that's what Disney keeps telling us.....

The plan is to cut out of the studio early ( sans son, since he'll still be filming/rehearsing ), head to Dallas for the banquet, and be back in Austin by ~1am or so.

GlennCMC70
01-07-2008, 01:51 PM
if we moved the banquet to Atlanta i'm sure you would be there.
how often is the banquet in your own back yard? easier to beg off to go to this one than one out of town.

GlennCMC70
01-07-2008, 01:53 PM
No, it falls under the "TX law requires an adult to be on-set during filming for minors" category. At least, that's what Disney keeps telling us.....

The plan is to cut out of the studio early ( sans son, since he'll still be filming/rehearsing ), head to Dallas for the banquet, and be back in Austin by ~1am or so.

glad to hear it.

Adam Ginsberg
01-07-2008, 05:36 PM
if we moved the banquet to Atlanta i'm sure you would be there.

You're shit'n me, right???

how often is the banquet in your own back yard? easier to beg off to go to this one than one out of town.

It has nothing to do with the banquet being in my backyard or not. We are leaving first thing Wednesday morning for Austin, and don't return until 1 Feb - that doesn't make it "in my backyard" as if I'm in Dallas.

The banquet is considerably lower on my priority list when compared to my son's acting career, and the requirement to be on-set when he's filming. If I can leave the set early, and not have the on-set welfare folks get their panties all in a fluff, I'll be there. Otherwise, I won't be able to attend.

AllZWay
01-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Does my kid filming a Disney TV show in Austin for the entire month of January count as a good "not able to attend" excuse?

Congrats on the acting gig.... Is this a continuation of the previous show or a new one for him?

My kids think it is pretty cool that I almost know someone famous. :D

Adam Ginsberg
01-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Congrats on the acting gig.... Is this a continuation of the previous show or a new one for him?

Continuation of a show he filmed in 2007 - second season of "As The Bell Rings" on the Disney Channel. 25 new episodes. Not sure when they'll be aired.

My kids think it is pretty cool that I almost know someone famous. :D

6 degrees of Seth Ginsberg. ;)

TJ3
01-08-2008, 10:06 PM
I'll be there with Troy Reynolds and I'll be ready to do some hardcore karting with you AICMC folks!!!!

Todd

Boudy
01-08-2008, 10:35 PM
I'll be there with Troy Reynolds and I'll be ready to do some hardcore karting with you AICMC folks!!!!

Todd

Cool, new meat. Welcome Todd.

Boudy

Todd Covini
01-08-2008, 11:31 PM
OK...I've made the following updates to the stick up above:

1) Updated the RSVPs received as of 10PM tonight.

2) Added a "Paid" or "P" column at the end to indicate who I've received monies from via PayPal.

3) Adjusted the duration of my opening monolog from 10 minutes to 15 minutes because Mitch is right...I can't do anything in 10 minutes except tear up the nose on a Mustang or a T56 in a TransAm. :twisted:

Other updates or interesting info regarding the event...

1) AJ from PST has got some great info from HANS and will be able to share some insights. For those of you who don't have a HANS, he'll likely have a few testers to try on!

2) I'm already hearing rumors of karting helmet lipstick cams!?!? You could be the first ones in the 2008 Season Video! :lol:

3) I've ordered the 2007 Mid-Atlantic CMC Season Video (what a cool idea!?!). We'll be showing that during the early cocktail hour.

4) David Francis has agreed to be the evening's photographer and take a few shots of the activities.

HERE'S WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP. WE'VE GOT JUST 48 HOURS TO PROVIDE SPEEDZONE WITH A CONFIRMED # OF DINNERS/KARTERS!
1) If you haven't already confirmed with me....DO IT NOW!
2) If you're not sure if you can make it...PAY AT THE DOOR! (I have to pay for all confirmed entries after Thur., even if you don't come.)
3) If you just show up without paying or confirming ahead of time...a) You have to pay $10 more b) there may not be enough food c) you have to stand in the public line to pay and may not be able to kart with the other AI/CMC racers. Those who've prepaid...get a gamecard from me and sail right thru! No muss...no fuss.
4) After tomorrow, US Mail is unreliable to get a check to me by Friday's mail. PLEASE USE PAYPAL. I'll even eat the transaction fee so I don't have to come out of pocket for your banquet fees!

See you soon!

-=- Todd

Todd Covini
01-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks to all of you for submitting your PayPal entries today!
I've updated the RSVP's to indicate who's paid and the banquet revisions to date.

If you haven't already registered, do it now!

UPDATE- 2007 AI/CMC Season Shirts will not be available this weekend, however, we'll have designs available for review and a pre-order sign-up sheet at the banquet. Only those attending the banquet will get to decide which design will be THE 2007 AI/CMC season shirt! (This is a non-profit effort with all proceeds going back into our AI/CMC series fund.)

-=- Todd

BryanL
01-10-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm in for the banquet and bringing the wife and my 6 month old. They told me she couldn't ride in the kart with me so I am not karting. How long am I going to have to wait and see if I have the next coming of Danica Patrick or what?
Remember I have never riden in a Ranchero either.

Bryan

Todd Covini
01-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Bryan,
It's never a good idea to take a rider in a racecar, no matter how good of a racer you or your passenger are. Just remember that. :-)

I've updated the RSVP list as of 10PM tonight!!!
We'll confirm with ~45 for the banquet and ~35 for the karting championship.

I've also adjusted the agenda for the nite a bit to have a little less talk about series direction and a little more time for our 2007 Season Video. (Break your hearts!) Our production company tells us that we're going to need more than 30 minutes to view the entire Premiere! WooHoo!

See you there.

-=- Todd

AllZWay
01-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Our production company tells us that we're going to need more than 30 minutes to view the entire Premiere! WooHoo!

Awesome... can't wait to see it.

rpoz27
01-11-2008, 09:36 PM
I think I'm going to have to miss the banquet. I slipped a disc in my upper back yesterday and sitting is excruciating; riding or driving is worse. This really sucks! I get my car back tonight to test this weekend and can't. Instead, I'm going to spend the weekend in the paddock on muscle relaxers trying not to drool. :cry:

jeffburch
01-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Share?
Hope you feel better and make a full recovery.
Sorry you won't make it.
We'll miss ya.

jb

Todd Covini
01-12-2008, 02:16 AM
There goes our AI rookie of the year!
I've updated the RSVP list for the last time!
See you there!

-=- Todd

mitchntx
01-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Sorry to hear that Misty. Was looking forward to chatting with you about the changes made to your car.

But, I can empathize.

My wife has arthritis in her lower back and drools on occasion.

Get well and see you in a couple weeks.

GlennCMC70
01-12-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.speedzone.com/dallas/images/map_dallas.gif

General Directions
SpeedZone® is located on I-35 at the Walnut Hill Road exit, approximately 15 minutes North of downtown Dallas and 2 minutes South of I-635 (LBJ Freeway). Head West on Walnut Hill Road and drive about 1/10th of a mile.Turn right onto Malibu Drive. SpeedZone will be 1/10th of a mile down on the right at 11130 Malibu Drive.

From DFW Airport
Exit DFW Airport to the North. Take Highway 121 North to I-635 East (LBJ Freeway). Exit onto I-35 South. Exit at Walnut Hill Road and turn right. Turn right onto Malibu Drive. SpeedZone will be 1/10th of a mile down on the right at 11130 Malibu Drive.

SpeedZone Dallas
11130 Malibu Drive
Dallas, TX 75229
Phone: (972) 247-RACE x7126
Fax: (972) 243-3170

ShadowBolt
01-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Hope you all have a great time! Wish I could have made it. I wanna see that video ASAP!

JJ

GlennCMC70
01-13-2008, 09:13 AM
as usuall Mr Covini you put on one hell of a show. i'm sure everyone who attended had a great time as i know i sure did. these things need to be twice as long as there is just never enough time to do it all.
David, so far the vid looks really great. good job. it was good to see everyone again and i'm looking forward to Feb Round 1!

jeffburch
01-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Bev's snapshots

http://picasaweb.google.com/TexasCMC3/200AICMCBanquet?authkey=nWtO9DVI_uM

jb

BryanL
01-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Well who won the Karting Trophy?

Had a great time and it was a good show. Looking forward to watching the video sometime without my baby peeing all over me.
JB-nice trophy you have to take home.
Thanks AJ for posting the price on the HANS-that is going to cost me a shopping trip for the wife.

Bryan "Rookie-SORT OF"

marshall_mosty
01-13-2008, 05:53 PM
From my memory:

1st: Corey Ruth (16.XX)
2nd: Al Fernandez (17.09)
3rd: Marshall Mosty (17.15)

my comments, "I didn't have good aero..."

Todd Covini
01-13-2008, 10:38 PM
I had a great time!
I'm still tired and lost my voice.
Drove back to Houston last nite after the banquet. (with a few snooze breaks)

Corey Reuth won the Men's AI/CMC Karting Championship.
Leah Cooke won the Women's AI/CMC Karting Championship.

Will post a summary of the meeting this week for those who didn't attend. The summary will also have some of the material I had hoped to cover, but we had to defer due to no time and a jam-packed agenda.

Many thanks to Al for keeping us on schedule the whole evening!

-=- Todd

rpoz27
01-14-2008, 12:59 PM
I wish I could have been there! David and entourage had a great time and presented me with my awards in the instructor's meeting. David presented Frank's in the driver's meeting.

The Loves, Troy, and his buddy, Todd, got to my house around 3:30 and were awake at 6:45, in order to make the morning meetings at MSC. Troy trained on a corner, Todd and Jason drove, and Amber and David instructed all day. Talk about supermen (and woman)!

Al Fernandez
01-14-2008, 09:14 PM
What a great time. The video, the go-carts, the awards...it was just great. I posted on the CMC site some pictures of the National CMC Champion Trophy, brought to you by...you, the Texas Region!!

http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2654

BlueFirePony
01-15-2008, 11:24 PM
It was great seeing you all and WOW what an incredible piece of work -that CMC National trophy!
You all did a great job on the design and construction of that.