PDA

View Full Version : VIR, CMP, Road Atlanta, Infinion, and Thunderhill vs. MSRH

michaelmosty
01-08-2008, 07:50 PM
It seems there is something magical about MSRH that is better than all of these other locations.
I received an e-mail notification from NASA-TX about the registration for the Houston event in Feb. I clicked on the link which took me to nasaproracing.com. I looked at the event registration along with all the other upcoming events for the other listed regions. I was shocked to see that MSR-H is by far the most expensive event out of all listed regions.

MSR-H in Feb. - $325
VIR in Feb. - $275
CMP in Feb. - $249
Road Atl in Mar - $309
Infinion in Feb. - $299
Thunderhill in Mar - $299

I know there are many factors that go into the registration fee (insurance, track rental, etc.) but this does not make sense to me.

Can someone help straighten this out for me?

jeffburch
01-08-2008, 08:20 PM
I'm registered and jonesin' for Road Atlanta.
My class fast lap is safe at Cresson :wink:
jb

donovan
01-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Everything is bigger in Texas... even the entry fees.

DD

Adam Ginsberg
01-08-2008, 08:45 PM

I'm not registered, but I'm certainly jones'n for Road ATL too..... ;)

Michael - to begin with, VIR, Road ATL, SPIR, can all handle, and get, high car counts. The SE region has to CLOSE regi @ ATL because they get full....to the tune of 400+ cars. That's HPDE, TT, racing, etc. VIR and SPIR are similar - NASA has to close regi in order to avoid overbooking.

NASA Texas has never had car counts that high.

AI#97
01-08-2008, 10:55 PM
edit...too far with diesel at $3.30/gal!

Boring Cresson it is I guess...

Michael, I would look at it this way...from what I remember of the SE schedule, you would only get two 30 minute races for that price...NASATX will likely give you at least 3, maybe 4 races for the weekend.

Refigure the entry fee based on actual Dollars per minute of track time and TX would win... Sort of nice having low car counts and plenty of room in the pits!

:lol:

Todd Covini
01-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Matt...is that you?
Do I smell optimism?
Holy cow!?!?!?

I do believe that MSRH is pretty proud of their track and this isn't about NASA.

But Matt's got some excellent points!

-=- Todd

Boudy
01-08-2008, 11:40 PM

I'm not registered, but I'm certainly jones'n for Road ATL too..... ;)

Michael - to begin with, VIR, Road ATL, SPIR, can all handle, and get, high car counts. The SE region has to CLOSE regi @ ATL because they get full....to the tune of 400+ cars. That's HPDE, TT, racing, etc. VIR and SPIR are similar - NASA has to close regi in order to avoid overbooking.

NASA Texas has never had car counts that high.

Adam: Your missing the point.

Fact: The first and easiest way to meet the numbers is to charge the customer more. However, the fundamentally correct but more difficult solution is to invest in building the customer base. Advertise, promote, offer specials, CUSTOMER SERVICE... The list is endless.

Robert's Opinion: Under present circumstances, low car count, I'm OK with paying more now provided I see evidence of what is being done to promote car count growth so that the region sees higher car counts and the promoters see a profit. This region is known, almost famous, for it's management technique. Consider this:

1) What have you heard from your region in the off season? I haven't raced with IMCA in 8 years and I get shit from them a couple times a year. I've heard from multiple TX DE organizations during the off season to promote their '08 schedules.

2) Look in GRM, you'll find other regions promoting events in every issue. I have also been contacted by other regions to promote their '08 schedules.

3) The upcoming charity race is a nice honor for NASATX and should be promoted to the current customer base at the very least. What have your heard outside of our own forum?

4) Our region is hosting it's first enduro. Should be a big deal but what have you heard outside of our forum? I've seen people on the National forum asking for information on the enduro and they get pointed to a AI/CMC TX thread for information.

5) What input did you or AI/CMC offer on track selection for '07 or '08? To my knowledge, NONE. Quite simply because it wasn't solicited.

6) As a customer, how many times have you been surveyed after an event? How many times have you been surveyed for input as to what you would like to see at future events. Customer satisfaction is still important, isn't it?

Bottom line is this. Sure, I'll pay more but just what the hell is being done to promote growth and profit so that my cost will eventually stabilize? I don't run this region so I don't know what the problmes are nor do I know what the plans for the future are... I can only comment on what I see. I see issues with communication and service to maintain customer base and I also see NO promotions at all to add new customers. Oh... and a couple vids on You Tube don't count. AI/CMC has produced better products with volunteer efforts.

I'm not bashing these guys, I wish them well for all of our benefit including their own. There are several regions to model after, why does TX try to reinvent the damn wheel? I would love for them to see windfall profits but they currently seem to be swimming upstream.

Yes, the ?'s are ritorical...

Boudy

Boudy
01-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Matt...is that you?
Do I smell optimism?
Holy cow!?!?!?

I do believe that MSRH is pretty proud of their track and this isn't about NASA.

-=- Todd

I agree, Matt has some good points. But why schedule a track that your customers don't like? Maybe I would ask my customers what tracks they would be willing to attend. Also, MSRH treats us like shit and combined with the rental rate, why the hell are we the damn house band there? Sure we may see an extra set or two but I'd give it up to feal welcome. As a customer, I'll stay with NASATX until they sink. Yes, I will be surprised if there is a NASATX down the road if they don't figure some things out.

Boudy

mitchntx
01-09-2008, 02:36 AM
I would like to point out that MSRH went from 3 scheduled weekends to just one, I would like to think, based upon feedback received.

I would also like to have on the record that many of us have been asking for an enduro race for a while now. I would like to think it's happening because of feedback received.

Your marketing points are valid, though.

But change rarely occurs over night. I am encouraged by the steps I'm seeing.

The fact that this regional board is used as a place to "flaunt" the fact that racing will be done elsewhere or anywhere but this region, doesn't help and isn't very constructive, IMHO. In fact, just the opposite.

AI#97
01-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Matt...is that you?
Do I smell optimism?
Holy cow!?!?!?

-=- Todd

Well, I will toss you another curve ball...in the SE region, they have a HUGE "Thunder" group which has cars from ASC to terminally slow...NOT their own run group like we have...

Personally, I welcome the low car counts but do agree that growth is going to be necessary if the region is going to survive...it's ultimately a cash flow thing. We tried the big NASATX display at one of the largest car shows in the DFW last year with 4 cars, a big display and drivers to answer questions. The little legends car got all the attention and 3 little 5 year old kids liked Jay's porsche and then asked Micheal and I for autographs. That was it...the rest just kept on passing by. Time to try something new...

Robert, I do think NASATX has been listening and I think more so to our group than the others as WE are the Main Act and not the "house band"! We asked for fewer Houston events....Got it...even though NTX is based in Houston! We asked for an event back at Hallet. Got it. Enduro...Got it. Our own run group...got it. Things are looking much better than 2006 for sure.

I know we are all quick to throw stones, I for one have been VERY quick in the past...however, reality is that things COULD be MUCH worse!

It is what it is! :lol:

jeffburch
01-09-2008, 09:19 AM
... "flaunt"...
Oh jeez Dad.
I have a comp licence and can go wherever the heck I please. I tested at Cresson this last weekend. I gave my money directly to the track and eliminated the middle man. Was that bad? I believe you drug a few fellers to Pueblo. What was that? :roll:
:roll:

jb

mitchntx
01-09-2008, 09:23 AM
... "flaunt"...
Oh jeez Dad.
I have a comp licence and can go wherever the heck I please. I tested at Cresson this last weekend. I gave my money directly to the track and eliminated the middlle man. Was that bad? I believe you drug a few fellers to Pueblo. What was that? :roll:

jb

Anyone with a license can race where ever they want. Not argueing that point, SON.

I've given my money to TDE, MSC, Pit Happens and RMR.
But not in-lieu of this region.

Dance with the one that brung ya, I say.

GlennCMC70
01-09-2008, 09:33 AM
as Mitch said, don't skip regional events to do out of region stuff. support your local region when all possible. by doing so you ensure your home region's growth.
Matt is surprisingly correct. we got allot of what we wanted - less track repeats, Hallett, our own run group (even when car count dictated we shouldn't in early 2007).
as for the entry fee, isn't it $325 for every track and has been for all of the last year. also, i think TWS is the most expensive track to rent, not MSR-H (last i heard).

jeffburch
01-09-2008, 09:36 AM
The fact that this regional board is used as a place to "flaunt" the fact that racing will be done elsewhere or anywhere but this region, doesn't help and isn't very constructive, IMHO. In fact, just the opposite.

http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1431&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=pueblo

jb

michaelmosty
01-09-2008, 09:51 AM
as for the entry fee, isn't it $325 for every track and has been for all of the last year. also, i think TWS is the most expensive track to rent, not MSR-H (last i heard).
IIRC last year was $305, 2006 was $285, and 2005 was $275.

michaelmosty
01-09-2008, 09:52 AM

Waco Racer
01-09-2008, 10:02 AM
On your opinion, NASATX has been "covering" the events since the beginning. The more racers we have the more cost there is to run the event. Track rent isn’t getting any cheaper either. The motorsports community in Texas is different than in other parts of the country. Car counts are high at the local dirt tracks and drag strips because they have been around a lot longer. Road racing is relatively new. Look for the new faces in 2008 and some of the old.

Points 1 & 2) I agree, promotion needs to be a year round deluge of information. NASATX needs to improve in that regard.

Point 3) The charity race is an MSRH race, NASATX provides the sanction and race control. Call Leslie at the track for more information. Don’t be surprised if you find out that this race, which serves a great charity, is a tax write-off for some of the extremely wealthy members of MSRH. Yes, I know that the charity is the more important entity in this event, please do not harass me on this point.

Point 4) We’re trying to get a blurb in GRM and I’ve posted on some other boards. I’ve been given some good advice not to go too big on the first enduro. If this year is good next year will be longer and better advertised, even if I have to do it myself.

Point 5) I only have so much to work with and I did listen to all of the participants.

Point 6) My phone number is – well, you know it, if you don’t pm me. Also, Adrian is working on a survey form to pass out.

I’m not taking this as a bash. I see this as good points to build on. I try to do as much as I can without being an owner of NASATX and will do more with the support of the racers, especially this showcase group.

Good thread, let’s keep it positive and perpetual. I am leaving my sig on this post but this as a racer too.

mitchntx
01-09-2008, 10:08 AM

http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1431&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=pueblo

jb

Your point is?

Which Texas region race did I NOT attend, notwithstanding work commitments last season?

I'm not condeming your actions, Jeff. Just don't think your advertising them here is conducive to growth of this region; merely pointing out that it makes new folks wonder why you and your entourage choose not to participate with us.

AI#97
01-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Matt is surprisingly correct.

Bet that was tough to type!!! :wink:

So, let's take this another step beyond NASATX promoting itself...

What do the rest of YOU do to promote AI/CMC in Texas?

I go out of my way on the 3 or 4 web forums which I subscribe to provide as much honest information about AI/CMC racing. I even pay for the bandwidth to host my videos for sites like DFWstangs to download... HUGE bandwidth used up with nearly 3k hits over the last couple years downloading vids. I wear the shirts whenever possible. I have the AI and NASA stickers on the back window of my truck.

Granted this is a BB shot into the ocean but maybe some day it will get the word out! :D

mitchntx
01-09-2008, 10:54 AM
What do the rest of YOU do to promote AI/CMC in Texas?

See sig ... See sig on LS2.com, LS1tech.com, Z28.com, FTE.com, etc.

jeffburch
01-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Your point is?.
My point is obvious, you've done the same.

I'm not condeming your actions, Jeff.
Oh yes you are.

merely pointing out that it makes new folks wonder why you and your entourage choose not to participate with us.

merely perpetuating the negative tone of the thread.

For any new folks that wonder why I choose Road Atlanta over MSRC;
I fall asleep at the wheel there. Yawn.
Why do I not run a full regional season;
I want to run great tracks. Tracks I haven't been to, and,
I don't want to be one of those greedy guys that hogs all the regional booty.

jb

GlennCMC70
01-09-2008, 12:38 PM
you step down from the regional booty pirate position and someone else steps in. if i step down there will be the next fastest guy filling that position. so thats a crock of shit. why not race w/ us and win the "booty" and give it to who you feel deserves it. kind of like a CMC Robin Hood.

i show up for the racing. i show up to BS w/ guys like me, who like racing and the kind of racing i like. new tracks are nice, but spending the same money per year to race 2 new tracks per season as you will racing a full regional season makes no since to me. 4 races or 20 races? hum..... i'll take the 20 races.
eventually all tracks will get boring. even Road Atlanta, Laguna, Road America, whatever track it is. the thrill is in the race, not the track. why not skip qual and start every race from the back? that would change things up some.

what do i want out of this? for all the past and present TX CMC guys to show up to every event. i want to win and i want to do it against every person who has a CMC car and do it every weekend, not just those who show up. i want 30 car fields (CMC).
so i get disapointed to see when Varner sells his car, Bell sells his car, Burch drives to the S/E to race w/ them, Ginsberg goes to Ohio/Indiana and S/E to race, the Smith's stop coming at all, Mannor decides we arent worth racing w/, Tanner never really shows up w/ his newly built CMC car, and the list could go on. i cant tell you how proud i was to be a part of the 15 car CMC field we had at TWS a couple years ago. i think we will hit that and then some again this year. we all cant sit at home waiting for NASA TX to become what we thought it should have been when we joined CMC. if we do, there will be no TX CMC. if we all show up and make the best of it and work thru the issues we may have and continue to produce some of the best CMC drivers in the country, it will become what we expected.

mitchntx
01-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Think what you want, Jeff. You established our relationship a long time ago and what ever my opinion is, you'll take issue with it, I'm convinced, not on merit, but rather emotion.

If I struck a nerve, it was not my intent and I apologize.

But please respect the fact that I can voice an opinion. And please don't don't expect me or anyone else to walk around your egg-shell encased feelings.

We all make decisions based upon personal criteria. You have chosen to race else where. I honestly don't care. I have chosen to remain here based upon the people, not the tracks nor the sanctioning body.

When you and Adam came back from one of your excursions, comments were published about how that region knows how to put on an event and that those folks there are really great.

When pushed to eloborate, you refused.

So I ask you ... which situation was more destructive?

Your going elsewhere and not racing here, then coming back explaining how much better it is there with no details or me going to Pueblo after the season was over and reporting back what they did there that I found to be different and fun?

Please know that this is all constructive criticism ... an attempt to point out something you might not have considered. No agendas.

cobra132
01-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Man, do we all need to get back on the track, or what?

AllZWay
01-09-2008, 02:57 PM

So True....

I definitely can see the fun in running other great tracks.....especially if you have the funds to do so.

But for me...(since I have no money)...... I am not going to blow my entire years racing budget to do one out of state track at the expense of running a whole season.

ShadowBolt
01-09-2008, 03:39 PM
You guys don't understand about Jeff. He has to run away now since I have shown up in CMC. He left TDE for CMC because I was getting too close to him (in a pick-up truck no less) and now that I'm in CMC he does not want to be around when I start kicking his ass.

Okay okay maybe that is not the reason but I thought we needed to lighten up the thread a little.

JJ

cjlmlml
01-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Who is this Mitch Warren guy?

jeffburch
01-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Lawnmowers, :roll:

15 cars or 30 cars.
Which is it?
Where does AI/X and CMC2 fit in this equation?
Do you want big run groups or do you want your own run group?
Once again, where does CMC2 fit into this equation?
How is defecting to CMC2 (albeit in a non LS1 or 4V Mod) not hypocritical?
Just because the LT1 runs a plate, it ain't a CMC2 car.
Defecting dilluted the CMC field.
Flaunt? Participation in RMR AND then being critical of me is at the least hypocrisy.
Saturday, bring your cameras. Flaunting will finally be demostrated.

jb

Boudy
01-09-2008, 05:18 PM
My rant was not to set a negative tone to this thread. My rant was to solicite input from others as to what I see in our region. Mostly, it's done just that. I want things to be better in our region and discussing them is a good way to do it.

As for running other regions, I will when ever I can. Regardless of location, I run every event I can. We all have different circumstances. Jeff and Adam have a sponsor that enables them to participate in out or region events for promotion purposes. If their sponsor pulled out, you might see a little less travel but currently, they have incentive.

As for attitudes, booty pirates, and the like... Sorry, can't help with that.

Can't we all just get along??? :lol: :lol:

Boudy

Fbody383
01-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Saturday, bring your cameras. Flaunting will finally be demostrated.

Remember, rubbin' on Da CMC Robin Hood is considered unsportsmanlike... Todd asked me to bring a camera.

On track, back on track, at the track in karts or anything else!

Who is this Mitch Warren guy?

What? Are you kidding? Come on now...

Can't we all just get along???

Ah, family. See everybody on Saturday.

Gotta change the sig back to "Doesn't know when to shut up... or quit typing."

AI#97
01-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Gotta change the sig back to "Doesn't know when to shut up... or quit typing."

I have been meaning to ask you about your current sig?! Is it an inside joke I don't get or what?!! :lol:

marshall_mosty
01-09-2008, 10:42 PM
...I try to do as much as I can without being an owner of NASATX and will do more with the support of the racers, especially this showcase group.

Clifton,
I certainly appreciate all the work that everyone puts into what is not their "day job". I realize that if we could all be pro-racers making mega buck salaries to hang around cars and drive for a living... we probably would.

The only beef I have with NASA TX is the lack of communication. It seems like there isn't really a way to keep a good pulse on the local community. It was brought up before about the nasatx website and I realize hardware issues and web site providers can make that complicated, but it CAN be changed if that is what NASA TX "wants" to do.

We all pay to race, in whatever form. Be it a physical entry fee, being a director, instructor, etc. I just want to have the guys I truely call my friends willing to show up for events so we can all enjoy what we love doing... racing cars.

I have heard several suggestions that were taken from other "sucessful" regions and were bounced off of NASA TX (either directly to Jay/Shannon or to others in the influential roles at NASA). Some like:

1. Hotel, weather, travel information sent to all registered entrants before they head to the track. Hopefully if the series is growing, not everyone will know how to get to the track, where hotels are, where the local Wal-Mart, AutoZone, NAPA, gas stations, etc. are. I certainly had never been to Angleton before the 2005 event, and pretty much just went off of, "once you pass under the powerlines, we are on the left". And that info came from the track, not NASA TX.

2. Offer discount passes if you buy a 3 race, 5 race, or full season pass. That would give NASA TX up-front cash flow as well as a way to plan in advance for at least a "locked in" number of cars.

3. Before one event (and it was only one out of the last 3 years), I received a confirmation email prior to the event. I really appreciated the effort. I don't think this is really hard to set up. Mass mailing software, or whatever, should be easily manipulated to send out to everyone who has registered and given their contact email address.

4. Send out an email or post on the NASA TX site as to "why" fees have increased. I think we are all reasonable people and can understand that... "The track rental went up $2000 per weekend for '08)", or "our insurance carrier has increased our rates". No communication really makes people wonder if it is just a way to pad pockets...

I could probably go on and on. I really hope Jay/Shannon reads posts like this because if "we" (AI/CMC) is truely the "house band" or "main act", I would think our suggestions would be worth seeing.

Anyhoo, off my soap box.

GlennCMC70
01-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Jay and Shannon do not read nor post on web sites as they do not believe they are a beneficial tool. so don't hold any hope that they will read this. if you have something you want to say to them, email them, talk w/ them at the track.
i don't agree w/ there perception of web sites like this being of no useful purpose, but that's the reality.

there will be an all hands NASA key staff and directors meeting on the 19th of Jan. feel free to email me w/ anything you want addressed, and i'll do my best to see that it is. time will be limited (6 hours total) so i cant make any promises.

bottom line guys - things have gotten much better since 2006. things will get better in 2008. keep a positive attitude and worry about those things w/in your circle of influence. if your Joe Racer, that means show up ready to race and lend a hand to anyone who looks like they may need it, or asks for it - rookie or not. take ownership in any problem brought to your attention. see it thru.

mitchntx
01-09-2008, 11:23 PM
We all pay to race, in whatever form. Be it a physical entry fee, being a director, instructor, etc. I just want to have the guys I truely call my friends willing to show up for events so we can all enjoy what we love doing... racing cars.

Damn well said, Marshall.

For me, that extends from Jeff to Wayne ... from Adam to John ... the Smiths ... Painters ... Tomlinson ...Francis ... SchuVarner ... who've I left out?

We all might not exchange Christmas cards, but we all have a common bond.

GlennCMC70
01-09-2008, 11:27 PM
....... but we all have a common bond.

is it yellow paint from that Rueth cat that every car has a sample form?

the preceeding was just a test to flush him out.
are you out there?
PS, will we get a flyby this year?

Todd Covini
01-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Hey...good points! We've got a lot of missing names for the RSVP list!
Can someone run out and do bed-checks!?!?!
While we'll likely have over 40 people...where are some of the others you've named?

Pedersen? Marvel? Adrian? Clifton? Capps? Irwin?

(I may have to revert to email.....)

-=- Todd

AI#97
01-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Jay and Shannon do not read nor post on web sites as they do not believe they are a beneficial tool. so don't hold any hope that they will read this. if you have something you want to say to them, email them, talk w/ them at the track.
i don't agree w/ there perception of web sites like this being of no useful purpose, but that's the reality.

there will be an all hands NASA key staff and directors meeting on the 19th of Jan. feel free to email me w/ anything you want addressed, and i'll do my best to see that it is. time will be limited (6 hours total) so i cant make any promises.

bottom line guys - things have gotten much better since 2006. things will get better in 2008. keep a positive attitude and worry about those things w/in your circle of influence. if your Joe Racer, that means show up ready to race and lend a hand to anyone who looks like they may need it, or asks for it - rookie or not. take ownership in any problem brought to your attention. see it thru.

Might it make sense to have an "anonymous suggestion box" at the banquet? We could type up our suggestions and submit them so they are all in one place for your meeting on the 19th?

Just a thought....

marshall_mosty
01-10-2008, 08:36 AM
...there will be an all hands NASA key staff and directors meeting on the 19th of Jan. feel free to email me w/ anything you want addressed, and i'll do my best to see that it is. time will be limited (6 hours total) so i cant make any promises.

PM Sent

GlennCMC70
01-10-2008, 09:11 AM

Might it make sense to have an "anonymous suggestion box" at the banquet? We could type up our suggestions and submit them so they are all in one place for your meeting on the 19th?

Just a thought....

if your not willing to "own up" to your own suggestion, its probably not one thats worth much. send me a PM.

dirwin
01-10-2008, 09:52 AM
Wow, just getting back into the game getting 2 cars ready for February, looks like still one big happy family :shock: .

Who is still in AI, anybody? Matt, you running?

I can't make the banquet (no business there anyway seeing as that I didn't get out all last year).

Boudy, are you going to be in Houston February? We need RADIOS that all work.

Either way, we are trying to race all year.

Waco Racer
01-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Jay and Shannon do not read nor post on web sites as they do not believe they are a beneficial tool. so don't hold any hope that they will read this. if you have something you want to say to them, email them, talk w/ them at the track. i don't agree w/ there perception of web sites like this being of no useful purpose, but that's the reality.

This is not entirely true. Board reading is one of my tasks. I do read and try to sift through the "stuff" (MW - either one, take your pick :P ) to get to the good ideas that we are able to implement. Just because NASATX doesn't act immediately to a suggestion doesn't mean that we don't discuss them repeatedly from year to year. Some items aren't as simple to do as they seem, for many reasons. But, I am working on that!

Waco Racer
01-10-2008, 10:08 AM
I can't make the banquet (no business there anyway seeing as that I didn't get out all last year).

Either way, we are trying to race all year.

Don't count out the intimidation factor. You will have MW, DD, MC, DL, FR, DK, MM, NL, and ??

Waco Racer
01-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Clifton?

-=- Todd

Huh? Me? Is Speedzone going to have the Chili Bowl ppv on the big screen?

GlennCMC70
01-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Clifton, i know you are here. my point was Jay and Shannon do not visit places like this. i guess my NASA TX comment was to broad a statement.

mitchntx
01-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Been to the Chili Bowl several times. Great racing.

Boudy
01-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Cool. Good to hear from you Dave. Yeah, we're still here pissin' and moanin' about how bad we got it. Isn't that what racers do?

Yes, I will be in Houston w/inventory.

Boudy

AI#97
01-10-2008, 11:29 AM
if your not willing to "own up" to your own suggestion, its probably not one thats worth much. send me a PM.

It's NOT that I don't trust you Glenn, but PM's and emails always seem to lose out or get lost when it comes to meetings...Just a corporate observation. Hard copy items always seem to get proper attention in my experience. That's all...

Dave, I will be in Cresson, TWS April, maybe Hallet and maybe TWS in August for final shake downs... funding is VERY limited this year and I would love to finally put aside all excuses and go to NATS...I am kicking myself after Donovan's performance there last year! :(

One thing I think you are going to find this year is that AI is going to be CRAZY competitive. I count no LESS than 12 cars that are all going to be battling it out. Something AI hasn't seen in the past!!!

See you around.

MW

GlennCMC70
01-10-2008, 11:37 AM
theres a slight difference from having something forced upon me vs me asking you to send me something.
just send it to me.

Fbody383
01-10-2008, 12:05 PM
I have been meaning to ask you about your current sig?! Is it an inside joke I don't get or what?!! :lol:

I was just hackin' on ya about the invert starts comment...

Rookies in the front *could* be very interesting. I haven't raced wheel to wheel in a car but I have been six or eight wide in fields of 45... bicycles. Here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criterium

Imagine being able to reach out and touch 8 people while riding about 25-30mph on a 3/4 mile road course. :shock: The good news is I know how to hold a line.

AI#97
01-10-2008, 03:25 PM
I was just hackin' on ya about the invert starts comment...

Circa 2006 or this year? My brain doesn't really function too well anymore so I may have forgotten my own point along the way! :lol:

Fbody383
01-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Circa 2006 or this year? My brain doesn't really function too well anymore so I may have forgotten my own point along the way! :lol:

something clever... hope it made you laugh

It did.

David Love AI27
01-10-2008, 08:22 PM

Good luck with that Glenn...

GlennCMC70
01-10-2008, 08:26 PM
David, you act as though your the only one who got hosed by the "NASA TX willtake care of the magazine submitions" promise.

ShadowBolt
01-10-2008, 09:12 PM
I still have not received the last issue. My son had his before the first. I did not know others were having problems.

JJ

dirwin
01-12-2008, 08:28 PM
Matt, I am really looking forward to it then. 12-14 cars in AI will be a rip! I guess we will see you in Cresson.

Boudy, we got it bad, bad, bad.

Racebrat
01-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Can someone run out and do bed-checks!?!?!
While we'll likely have over 40 people...where are some of the others you've named?

Pedersen? Marvel? Adrian? Clifton? Capps? Irwin?

-=- Todd

Hello? Um- RSVP list for what?
Just saw my name- wanted to check in....but this is interesting reading. Lots of very good points have been brought up- Clifton and I talk almost daily. After reading this- I think I will be calling him soon.

Good talk guys- can't wait to see y'all in February!

A