PDA

View Full Version : NASA Approved Tech Inspection Facility

jeffburch
01-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Are there any in DFW?
Specifically need an annual and logbook notation.

thx,
jb

ShadowBolt
01-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Are there any in DFW?

thx,
jb

What the Hell is this? I thought all I had to do is get a dyno cert and get the car checked out at the first race? I guess I need to go back and read the CCR again.

JJ

ShadowBolt
01-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Okay I read it. Where do I get a list of approved shops?

JJ

RichardP
01-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Are there any in DFW?

thx,
jb

What the Hell is this? I thought all I had to do is get a dyno cert and get the car checked out at the first race? I guess I need to go back and read the CCR again.

JJ

All cars must have an annual inspection before the first race of the year. This can certainly be done at the beginning of the first event but it takes a bit longer than just the regular check of your log book. If everyone tries to do this the morning of the first event, the lines get pretty long. You are also in for a pretty good scramble if the inspector finds an out of compliance item that needs to be corrected before you can race.

It is always nice if you can get this inspection done ahead of time. Some groups have a designated place or meeting ahead of the first race to get this done. In the past, our group has sometimes been able to get an inspector to join us at our dyno days to sign off several people at a time.

Richard P.

ShadowBolt
01-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Getting someone out to the dyno day would be great for me. How about it Austin area drivers? I can go talk to Motion Dynamics today if I need to? Who would we get to do the inspection?

JJ

y5e06
01-09-2008, 09:37 AM
...our group has sometimes been able to get an inspector to join us at our dyno days to sign off several people at a time.

so who are the tech inspectors this year? If I recall Mr Hernandez lives in austin area. would be nice to get some of our cars done before MSRH

GlennCMC70
01-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Jerry, its called an Annual Inspection. all cars get one. at the least NASA TX will set the friday of the first event aside for doing this. its something we have set-up in the past.
Todd and Al (only those 2 for now from our series) are both allowed to do Annual Inspections on cars w/previously issued log books. so stop the panic train. your series directors will be available to help you out w/ this.
and yes, in the past we were able to get a NASA Inspector up to dyno days to issue log books and to do Annual Inspections. that stopped being populare when a Dallas Dyno Day got 3-4 cars when there was suposed to be 10-12. all bailed due to rain, including the guy who set it up. Austin to DFW is a long drive to look at 3-4 cars.

ShadowBolt
01-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Jerry, its called an Annual Inspection. all cars get one. at the least NASA TX will set the friday of the first event aside for doing this. its something we have set-up in the past.
Todd and Al (only those 2 for now from our series) are both allowed to do Annual Inspections on cars w/previously issued log books. so stop the panic train. your series directors will be available to help you out w/ this.
and yes, in the past we were able to get a NASA Inspector up to dyno days to issue log books and to do Annual Inspections. that stopped being populare when a Dallas Dyno Day got 3-4 cars when there was suposed to be 10-12. all bailed due to rain, including the guy who set it up. Austin to DFW is a long drive to look at 3-4 cars.

GREAT! I will get the dyno done and be in Houston on the Friday before the first race for annual inspection.

JJ

GlennCMC70
01-09-2008, 10:42 AM
nothing is set in stone yet Jerry. we will know more after the Staff meeting Jan 19th in Waco. that is where this will get organized.
get it done if you can sooner. just dont go pay a shop to do it for you.