PDA

View Full Version : Whow won?

NASA13
04-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Who won who won who won???

CMC17
04-24-2006, 05:33 PM

Not me not me not me...unless you are looking at "style" points then I definitely won! lol

michaelmosty
04-24-2006, 05:34 PM
R1 on Sat.
AI:
1st - Chris Marvel
2nd - Matt White
3rd - Chris Lyons

CMC:
1st - Jeff Burch
2nd - Eric Varner
3rd - Mitch Warren

AIX:
1st - David Armstrong
2nd - Skip Smith
3rd - Jason McMahon

R2 on Sat.
AI:
1st - Matt White
2nd - Chris Lyons
3rd - David Donovan

CMC:
1st - Glen Landrum
2nd - Eric Varner
3rd - Michael Mosty

AIX:
1st - David Armstrong
2nd - Skip Smith
3rd - Rick McMahon

R3 on Sun. (40 min.)
AI:
1st - Matt White
2nd - Chris Marvel
3rd - Chris Lyons

CMC:
1st - Jeff Burch
2nd - Glen Landrum
3rd - Eric Varner

AIX:
1st - David Armstrong
2nd - Skip Smith
3rd - David Love

You missed an awesome weekend, we missed ya there!

AI#97
04-24-2006, 05:45 PM

Not me not me not me...unless you are looking at "style" points then I definitely won! lol

I MIGHT have given you a run for your money with my "rally" drift going up the hill in rattlesnake!! Car was at full opposite lock and was steering with gas pedal!!! Somehow saved it as I watched Marvel close in looking out the side window! :shock:

That was on about lap 15 of the 40 minute race.....after 25, there wasn't much left of the tires but they still LOOK ok! I will run them at houston.

CMC17
04-24-2006, 09:19 PM

I MIGHT have given you a run for your money with my "rally" drift going up the hill in rattlesnake!! Car was at full opposite lock and was steering with gas pedal!!! Somehow saved it as I watched Marvel close in looking out the side window! :shock:

That was on about lap 15 of the 40 minute race.....after 25, there wasn't much left of the tires but they still LOOK ok! I will run them at houston.

Every corner of every lap was driftin' in CMC17. lol Add in some stiff competition pushing me along and I was definitely prone to have them see both sides of CMC17 in the same turn! roflol :lol:

How many laps was the 40min race? It felt like ~15 laps. Not as many as I thought there were going to be during R3.

AI#97
04-24-2006, 09:58 PM
25 laps is what is shown on the results sheet.

I am really interested in seeing the individual lap times though to see how much the times went away.

NASA13
04-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Glad to see Burch in there spreading out the points a bit while I am working. :D

Todd Covini
04-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Glad to see Burch in there spreading out the points a bit while I am working. :D

I'll toast to that!

-=- T

Todd Covini
04-24-2006, 10:30 PM

I am really interested in seeing the individual lap times though to see how much the times went away.

OK...I'm not trying to be a jerk...but I'm glad everyone lasted the 40 minutes and had fun.

Matt...how were you on fuel in the end?
Was anyone fuel starving?

-=- Todd

GlennCMC70
04-24-2006, 10:33 PM
i helped w/ the points thing too!

dang, a 5th a 1st and a 2nd out of 3 races and i'm no better than dog meat!

:? :lol:

David Love AI27
04-24-2006, 11:29 PM

I started with a full cell of 22 gallons. less chance for an explosion when I back into someone. :oops:

oz98cobra
04-25-2006, 12:27 AM
There were a couple of other winners on the weekend - of the inaugural PST "Hard Charger" Awards.

R1 Saturday

AI: Chris Lyons
CMC: Daron Cooke

R3 Sunday

AI: Matt White
CMC: Mike Patterson

CMC17
04-25-2006, 07:31 AM
25 laps? Are you sure? <kidding>

It didn't seem like 25 laps. I guess I was pacing myself a little too much and was just getting into a groove when the checkered was shown. :(

Plenty of fuel left and 40+ lbs over the minimum. Yep, I missed the setup in a big way. Tires also never got up to full temp. Live and learn. :?

No cool shirt needed, it wasn't that hot. <big evil grin>

Lets do a 40 lap race!!! ok ok.. maybe not.

NASA13
04-25-2006, 11:09 AM

I started with a full cell of 22 gallons. less chance for an explosion when I back into someone. :oops:

I think I had about 1500 lbs left when I landed on Sunday. :cry:

AI#97
04-25-2006, 12:11 PM

OK...I'm not trying to be a jerk...but I'm glad everyone lasted the 40 minutes and had fun.

Matt...how were you on fuel in the end?

-=- Todd

Started about 2 gallons shy of a full tank....ended with little over 3/8 of a tank...and 3130 across the scales afterward which was 60 lbs over. 3 or 4 more laps and I would have started having fuel starving issues on the back side of the course

I certainly hope it was a good show for everyone on the fence!

Todd Covini
04-26-2006, 09:17 PM
I think I had about 1500 lbs left when I landed on Sunday. :cry:

I didn't have any fuel issues either on Sunday. I drove a Lister Storm on the Neubergring, Laguna Seca and Sears Point. After I got tired of that, I tried some rally races in a WRC Focus...never a fuel issue. :roll:

-=- Todd

marshall_mosty
04-27-2006, 01:08 PM
I had a good view from pit wall for R3. Everyone coming storming into RattleSnake and getting through CLEAN was great. There were a bunch of "oohs and aahs" during all three of the AI/AIX/CMC races. Very good driving from everyone. I just wished I could have been there.

On a side note... #67 "should" breathe a new breath of life tomorrow. I'm taking the day off to put it all back together... cambered rear end, torque arm, new Koni rear shocks, and a set of aluminum heads should be enough to keep me busy learning the car in Houston...

GlennCMC70
04-27-2006, 02:49 PM
who cambered the rear axle for you?

marshall_mosty
04-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Glenn,
I did a "home brew" camber job. There is a writeup on corner-carvers.com. Basically you heat up the top of the axle tube 180 degrees around on the top side until it is cherry red. Then run a garden hose over it to quickly contract the material. The contraction stress makes it bend slightly.

It took me two heating cooling cycles to get approx 0.4 degrees on each side. According to popular culture, Fox axles can take approx 0.75 degrees misalignment without getting into issues. I guess you could always buy crowned axles if you wanted more.