PDA

View Full Version : MSR-H Round 1 - things to bring!

GlennCMC70
01-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Dyno Sheets!
same as last year. get two printouts of your dyno cert pulls. one goes to me and you keep the other (with you at the track at every event). also fill out two copies of the dyno tech sheet also. last year i had multiple sheets and dyno pulls on the same cars for different classes. if you give me one for CMC and another for AI, write CMC and/or AI on it please.

Dues!
look for an official announcement from David D on this w/ regards to your car's number. it will be in your best intrest to bring your annual AI/CMC series dues to the first event - trust me. put it in your helmet bag today so you will not forget to bring it. all dues will be collected by David D, not me for 2008.

Belts expire every 2 years (SFI) or 5 years (FIA), check them now.
window nets expire every 5 years (SFI). be sure your net has an SFI tag on it.

Helmets- SA2000 or newer. no M rated helmets.

Fire Suits - single layer suits require fire rated underwear. if you have this type of suit, be sure to be in compliance.

gloves/shoes - check now for holes in your gloves/shoes. replace/repair as required.

i'm sure i've missed a few things so feel free to add to my list.
at this point i will not be driving at the first event. this leaves me w/ lots of time to look for these types of infractions.

ShadowBolt
01-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Glenn,

I have a current membership with NASA and a 2008 comp. license. What are the dues you speak of?

JJ

AllZWay
01-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Glenn,

I have a current membership with NASA and a 2008 comp. license. What are the dues you speak of?

JJ

Local dues..... for our group use. I think it is usually $20 per year.

ShadowBolt
01-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Glenn,

JJ

Local dues..... for our group use. I think it is usually $20 per year.

After Glenn said this

"put it in your helmet bag today so you will not forget to bring it"

I thought I may need to drop by Fort Knox prior to the event.

JJ

GlennCMC70
01-15-2008, 07:15 PM
back in 2006 the directors at the time took a vote from the group and decided it was a good thing to do. it would pay for random dyno pulls (2 names per weekend got plucked out of a hat and reported to a dyno). it would also be used for series functions such as the Annual Banquet, Trophy Girls (2006 Banquet), and mid year "State of the Union" functions that were in the past held at Wings and More durring the TWS event. it paid for the AI/AIX/CMC and now CMC-2 traveling trophy and its annual updates.
it was determined that $20 per points collecting driver was the number.
perhaps Todd and Al can post up some of the other details i left out.

mitchntx
01-15-2008, 07:19 PM
i paid for the AI/AIX/CMC and now CMC-2 traveling trophy and its annual updates.

YOU paid for my traveling trophy?

Sweet!

GlennCMC70
01-15-2008, 08:57 PM
i paid for the AI/AIX/CMC and now CMC-2 traveling trophy and its annual updates.

YOU paid for my traveling trophy?

Sweet!

your was on the house. and i fixed that typo.

RichardP
01-15-2008, 09:03 PM
it paid for the AI/AIX/CMC traveling trophy.

As a minor nit, the traveling trophies predate the collection of a series fund...

Richard P.

jeffburch
01-16-2008, 08:21 AM
it paid for the AI/AIX/CMC traveling trophy.

As a minor nit, the traveling trophies predate the collection of a series fund...

Richard P.

Yup.
Thank you Mr. Todd Covini!!!!!!!!!

jb

GlennCMC70
01-16-2008, 08:26 AM
i was trying to give an explanation of the series dues, not an AI/CMC history class. i knew those plaques pre-dated the series dues. sorry if anyone felt left out.
Todd does and has put out alot of money from his own pocket for alot of the things we take for granted.
yea Todd.

Waco Racer
01-16-2008, 09:21 AM
i knew those plagues pre-dated the series dues.

- some of Biblical proportions.

GlennCMC70
01-16-2008, 09:26 AM
i knew those plagues pre-dated the series dues.

- some of Biblical proportions.

thanks Clifton. i'm sure glad you guys dont pick on me about any real flaws. i'm starting to feel i'm almost perfect less the spelling thang. :roll:

PS - whats the plan for lunch in Waco on Sat?

Adam Ginsberg
01-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Todd does and has put out alot of money from his own pocket for alot of the things we take for granted.

Ehhh....Todd wasn't the only one.

GlennCMC70
01-16-2008, 08:55 PM

Ehhh....Todd wasn't the only one.

your right Adam.
add to that list:
David Donovan
Al Fernandez
myself (thanks Adam)
Robert B.
Eric Varner
and many other people around the country in many other regions of NASA AI/CMC. forgive me if i don't list each and everyone of you individually.

I'm so glad a simple explanation of "why we pay AI/CMC dues" has turned into a "hey, what about me?" thread.
crap guys, did you do it for the series, or the recognition?
if the later, i hear by recognize all of you who have sacrificed for the good of the AI/CMC series.

Racebrat
01-17-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure if this is an issue with anybody but Window Nets must also drop down now.

Glenn- pm sent about lunch in Waco- see ya there!

I'll see everyone (hopefully!) else in Feb!

A

AI#97
01-17-2008, 03:32 PM
While we are on the subject...do you (Glenn) or Todd have a decent stock of Toyo stickers, American Iron stickers (new requirement?) and any other contingency stickers...?

I need a few to replace all the stuff recently removed for clean up.

thanks!

GlennCMC70
01-17-2008, 03:39 PM
thats Todd's realm. i'll let him answer.

Adam Ginsberg
01-17-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm not sure if this is an issue with anybody but Window Nets must also drop down now.

There's been little change in window net rules section since ~2006 or so ( possibly earlier, but I don't have copies of anything before 2006 ). The only added verbiage for 2007 is:

Unless class rules specify otherwise, vehicles should be operated with both side windows (driver and passenger) windows down (open). Note- rear side windows (e.g. four door vehicles) may be in the “up” or “down” position.

Todd Covini
01-17-2008, 04:57 PM
:?: :?: :?:

Adam,
Nets & windows are two different things.

Both have evolved in the rules, but your reference has nothing to do with what Adrian said.

Adam Ginsberg
01-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Yeah, you clearly are confused, Covini.

Adrian said window nets must drop down now.....that's been defined in the CCR's since at least 2006 ( possibly earlier ). The only CHANGE to the window net rule (section 15.10 ) was the addition of what I quoted - that the driver and passenger WINDOWS must be down now. AAMOF, that section is now labeled "Windows / Window Nets" - it wasn't labeled that way before.

Have you looked at the latest release of the CCR's, Todd??? Get yer reading glasses out! :)

Todd Covini
01-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Adam,
It is what it is. :roll:

-=- T

Adam Ginsberg
01-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Adam,
It is what it is. :roll:

Hey, that's my line. You aren't licensed to use it. ;)

Racebrat
01-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Didn't mean to cause a stir- just trying to think of things we heard a lot of last year...sorry!

*keeping my big mouth shut* (anyone wanna bet how long that's gonna last?)

See y'all soon-

A

Waco Racer
01-18-2008, 12:16 PM
*keeping my big mouth shut* (anyone wanna bet how long that's gonna last?)

A

I would like to see it happen first.

Fbody383
01-18-2008, 03:17 PM
gloves/shoes - check now for holes in your gloves/shoes. replace/repair as required.

15.17 Driver's Attire - Drivers’ racing attire and belts will be subject to random safety inspections at any time
while at the race facility. If, at any time, illegal, non-conforming, missing, oroutdated safety equipment is found, the equipment (in its entirety) will become the property of NASA. Additionally, the driver will be fined $50 for each separate
offense.

15.17.7 Socks - Socks made of approved fire resistant material must be worn.

Emphasis in original.

cobra132
01-18-2008, 04:47 PM
Where can one find a "dyno tech sheet"? FMR

jeffburch
01-18-2008, 05:22 PM
http://www.camaromustangchallenge.com/docs/2008%20dynospecsheet.doc

AI#97
01-19-2008, 10:55 AM

15.17 Driver's Attire - Drivers’ racing attire and belts will be subject to random safety inspections at any time
while at the race facility. If, at any time, illegal, non-conforming, missing, oroutdated safety equipment is found, the equipment (in its entirety) will become the property of NASA. Additionally, the driver will be fined $50 for each separate
offense.

15.17.7 Socks - Socks made of approved fire resistant material must be worn.

Emphasis in original.

Wonder if they kept Bell's nasty old gym socks back in 06'?!!! LOL! :lol: