PDA

View Full Version : HANS Sport Series and New Tether Announcement

AJ@PST
01-18-2008, 04:22 PM
This is a follow up to my brief talk at the banquet. Attached is a .pdf that outlines the two big new announcements. Pricing is also included on this announcement. PST is the only HANS Factory Trained tecnicians servicing this area. PST will also install Anchors into helmets free of charge for each device purchased just mention this forum. My first order of new HANS devices is not in yet, but do not wait as demand is high on these new products.

For more information, orders, or high resolution versions please email or PM me on this board.

Alien
01-23-2008, 12:43 PM
To your knowledge, will they be coming out wik quick disconnect sliding tethers?

AJ@PST
01-23-2008, 12:52 PM
To my knowledge, No. The quick disconnect will limit the travel of the sliding tether. It would be worth asking other current HANS users in similar cars if they even use the Q.D.s. My guess is that less than half of them use them on regular basis. Generally in vehicles that have doors that open a QD is not always necessary. So a sliding tether will be the best choice as it will benefit the driver more while he/she is driving.

chris-CMC#35
01-23-2008, 02:55 PM
AJ,

The sliding tether sounds great, but please confirm whether it really needs new anchor mounts on the helmet. If so, how difficult is the installation? Will these new anchors go in the same location as the current mounts?

Also, does this new tether system have ANY effect on the SFI rating of the HANS device?

thanks,
chris

AJ@PST
01-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Chris,

The new tether requires the replacement of the nut plate/washer that is on the inside of the helmet. The new tether will be supplied with a slightly larger one. All other items are the same for use with the tether. Anchor points are also the same for all HANS devices.

The new tether does not affect the SFI 38.1 certification. It has been approved by SFI and FIA.

Everyone-

My first order will hit my door the end of next week. I will have some items available then.

GlennCMC70
01-23-2008, 03:24 PM
put one set-up aside for me. see you in a week.

jeffburch
01-23-2008, 04:05 PM
me too!
thx,
jb

GlennCMC70
01-24-2008, 02:35 PM
moved to here.

AJ@PST
01-25-2008, 02:32 PM
HANS Update:

The devices were shipped yestarday from HANS. The Vision Advantage Plus Tethers (official name of sliding tether) will arrive to PST in the 1st or 2nd week of February. This was word from HANS on January 23, 2008.

I still have one device not spoken for and several sets of tethers.

I will personally work with anyone who is purchasing a device or tether to make sure that they are comfortable and the system is working properly in their race car during the March MSRC event. We also have been doing free installations on anchors for device purchases! I will glad to assist on VA+ tether installations, however it is extremly straight forward.

Thanks to those who have spoken up ahead of time!

BryanL
01-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the updates. Please keep mine until the sliding tethers come in.
Bryan

AJ@PST
02-05-2008, 11:34 PM
I have recieved the first of my Sport Series devices. No tethers yet. I have several mediums currently available. The price is $695. I will be available at the March event to lend support in fitting, making sure that it is comfortable, and matched for the belt-seat-driver geometry.

AJ@PST
02-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks to those who have pre-orderd. I believe that most of them have been shipped out and a few are waiting for pick up. I currently have inventory to supply anyone who is looking to upgrade. I also have a large supply of HANS devices. I will be offering free installation and driver/car/HANS fitment, setup, and support during the MSR race weekend. This is an offer to anyone regardless of who or how you recieved a HANS device. Its just about keeping people safe and comfortable!

GlennCMC70
02-28-2008, 10:53 PM
very nice. i picked up my up grade teathers yesterday. i'll be taking you up on the fitment day March 14th.