PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hours of LeMons @ MSRH in Oct!

RichardP
01-22-2008, 10:02 PM
For those looking for something a bit off the wall, the 24 Hours of LeMons is comming to Motorsports Ranch Houston this year on October 18-19.

Chris Marvel did it last year (out in California) and had a blast. His team finished well, also.

Check out http://www.24hoursoflemons.com for details...

Richard P.

GlennCMC70
01-22-2008, 10:10 PM
that date clashes w/ the 2008 season ending Eagles Canyon NASA date.
i would love to work this event or help a team crew. oh well, priorities.

donovan
01-22-2008, 11:21 PM
This has Corey written all over it...

Time to form a few Teams...

DD

BSharp
01-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Decisions, decisions. NASA @ EC, SVTOA @ Hallett and now this? :D

Todd Covini
01-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Decisions, decisions...fix the convertible...race the convertible. :lol:

y5e06
01-23-2008, 12:41 AM
oh crap! I want to play! craiglist here I come

Al Fernandez
01-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Their rules are great. Jerry should get them to re-do the CCR :lol:

Its a damn shame its the same weekend as one of ours :x

Waco Racer
01-23-2008, 08:58 AM

http://www.nasatxracing.com/

NO it doesn't!!!! I am soooooo there! Who wants to team up?

GlennCMC70
01-23-2008, 09:14 AM

http://www.nasatxracing.com/

NO it doesn't!!!! I am soooooo there! Who wants to team up?

well that changes everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when did the schedule change? we were handed a schedule at MSR-H Round 6, and it has 18-19. if i was NASA Texas, i would go out of my way to notify people a little better after a change like this.

AI#97
01-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Can someone officially confirm what date it is in October for the NASA race? This could just be a mistake on the new web page.

Thanks.

Waco Racer
01-23-2008, 09:43 AM
The schedule handed out at the Staff meeting and that is on the website is correct! I am the one that made the schedule. I am so excited about the 24hour. Enduros are the $hzzn!+ !!!

GlennCMC70
01-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Can someone officially confirm what date it is in October for the NASA race? This could just be a mistake on the new web page.

Thanks.

Matt, i'm pretty sure its the 11-12 weekend now. a schedule was handed out at the Key Staff meeting last weekend. i was not informed it was a new schedule, so i filed it away w/ some other stuff we got. once Clifton mentioned my date was incorrect, i looked at what i was given at MSR-H durring R6, what i was given at the meeting last weekend, and what the NASA Texas site says. i'll go w/ the 2 out of 3 being correct, Oct 11-12.

and i would consider Clifton somewhat Official.

Waco Racer
01-23-2008, 09:45 AM

WOW, an upgrade!

GlennCMC70
01-23-2008, 09:50 AM

WOW, an upgrade!

think of it as a DOS 3.1 upgrade.

AI#97
01-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Well, cool. I am interested in doing this and have a spare seat and spare harness for the effort. I am running Craigslist right now but who else would be interested in a team using the following cars...

240SX
300Z looking for early vintage.
BMW 318 or 325, E30 series.
miata
4cyl stang
VW bug

I also have a tubing bender to do the cage if need be and a 22' stick of 1.75 .095 DOM in the back yard.

Who's game?

add to this list...

Found a 95 neon with a new clutch for $400...runs/drives...

GlennCMC70
01-23-2008, 11:23 AM
240SX
BMW

LAW Motorsports also has a tube bender and the experiance behind it to fab a cage.
i'de be willing to volunteer my time for this effort.

the 4 cylinder stang my be better. lots of parts in our group for it to use as spairs.

jeffburch
01-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Well, cool. I am interested in doing this and have a spare seat and spare harness for the effort. I am running Craigslist right now but who else would be interested in a team using the following cars...

240SX
miata
4cyl stang
VW bug

I also have a tubing bender to do the cage if need be and a 22' stick of 1.75 .095 DOM in the back yard.

Who's game?

add to this list...

I'm game if:
My $500 budget get's me a ride.
I don't wanna haul it, own it or build/work on it.
Will supply misc parts.
Plus gas.
jb

AI#97
01-23-2008, 11:44 AM

240SX
miata
4cyl stang
VW bug

Who's game?

add to this list...

I'm game if:
My $500 budget get's me a ride.
I don't wanna haul it, own it or build/work on it.
Will supply misc parts.
Plus gas.
jb

I am serious about this neon...hell, I will drive it to work for the gas mileage at this price!

sent the guy an email and it's only been listed for a couple days. I figure brake rotor, calipers and pads should be cheap and I know LiiR has been beating the piss out of theirs on track for a long time. Might do a timing belt on it for longevity...working on a spread sheet to figure costs for tires, brakes and fuel. I will probably get the car regardless tonight if it's still available.

Just need two more drivers....who's in?!

AI#97
01-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Jeff, that $500 per driver is going to cut it close with 4 drivers but here goes...

Car... $400
Brake pads $250
Entry fee....$500
Drivers fee...$400
Tires, 2 sets $200 4 tires for $99 deal at discount or 8 used tires. 190 tread wear.
Cage tubing...$125 for another 22 foot stick, should make the hoop, harness bar, down bars and door bars with what I already have.
2nd set of wheels... $100 start shopping.
timing belt... $50
other hoses and belts $150.
Brake lines....?

Other option is to just buy parts as needed from the Vatozone of choice at the race IF it blows up.

Food, lodging and travel is up to the driver...

We could sell sponsorships to offset costs as I am sure we can get some print....sell some blood...etc.

AI#97
01-23-2008, 01:31 PM
update...have an interested party from DFWstangs that is willing to donate stock SRT4 turbo setup for the effort! Why am I more excited about this than the AI car at the moment?! :lol:

cobra132
01-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I was planning on doing this in Ca. This is great! I already have a line on a f#@%-up dodge colt. FMR

cobra132
01-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Matt, you are $200 over budget and with the turbo, you'll be the first car in the crusher. :lol: FMR

AI#97
01-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Matt, you are $200 over budget and with the turbo, you'll be the first car in the crusher. :lol: FMR

Trust me I have thought of that! Basically, need to make sure it isn't a total POS, isn't blazingly fast in first place and doesn't stick out in a crowd. Also why I liked the neon as it is sort of inconspicuous! quiet muffler too!

Idea being that all the drivers need to get seat time in the first 12 hours because that might be all you get!!! :lol:

Todd Covini
01-23-2008, 08:48 PM
I gotta read the rules and find out who the sanctioning body is.
I've heard there have been Elvis sightings at these events.

Todd Covini
01-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Love the rules! Not sure everyone in Texas AI/CMC is going to be ok with this rule though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

1.7: Right of Publicity: You and your brilliant, pithy utterances may be photographed, recorded, or otherwise reproduced and re-used whenever and wherever the heck the organizers like (including but not limited to magazines, radio, biblical apocrypha, CinemaScope epics, and cave paintings). You won't get a penny unless somebody sees it and buys you a coffee. If you're not comfortable with that, wear a Mexican wrestler mask and/or stay home.

GlennCMC70
01-23-2008, 09:13 PM
i see a Todd Covini/Elvis/Nacho Libre moment happening around Oct. :roll:

Todd Covini
01-23-2008, 09:18 PM
There are many more characters where those came from!!!
You guys haven't known me long enough to see them all. 8)

-=- T

GlennCMC70
01-23-2008, 09:20 PM
i bet you do a good Santa. your only downside is hair.......... on the face that is. :wink:

AI#97
01-23-2008, 09:33 PM
There are many more characters where those came from!!!
You guys haven't known me long enough to see them all. 8)

-=- T

Please leave the black lace teddies and rubber outfits at home Covini! :shock:

ShadowBolt
01-23-2008, 09:33 PM
If someone puts together a car and needs another driver I would be glad to pay a share (or two). Since I'm so much slower than the rest of you I may not be an option.

JJ

Todd Covini
01-23-2008, 09:40 PM
JJ,
Will you stop with the pity routine already!?! You're MAYBE a second or two slower than the leaders! Please...you're in the field and from what I've seen a whole lot faster than any opentracker joining us for the first time. So cut it out and nut up or else you're gonna start making the newbies feel even worse than you're portraying!?!?! :lol:

Besides....for Lemons, style points count more than laptimes!?!?! :wink:

AI#97
01-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Dallas impounded/abandoned vehicle auction every monday...150-400 cars every week!

Al Fernandez
01-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Alright, looks to me like we need a greater Dallas and greater Houston effort for this. Who has a tubing bender for the Houston effort?

I'm in with shop space and a welder for the build on top of expected share of the costs.

Wirtz
01-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Alright, looks to me like we need a greater Dallas and greater Houston effort for this.

Thats real nice and all, but too bad the Austin chapter is going to stomp all y'all! (in my best Texan) ;)

Jeff

mitchntx
01-24-2008, 10:20 AM
all y'all! (in my best Texan) ;)

Jeff

poser ... 8)

donovan
01-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Alright, looks to me like we need a greater Dallas and greater Houston effort for this.

That’s real nice and all, but too bad the Austin chapter is going to stomp all y'all! (in my best Texan) ;)

Jeff

Okay, I see a trend here... Dallas .vs Houston .vs Austin..... AI/CMC Challenge.

I have a tubing bender, Welder and... well, not enough space, but I will make room for a Lemon Car if needed.

CMC/AI -Austin - David D., Corey R., Morgan D., Jeff W, Jerry...

DD

mitchntx
01-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Here is a perfect candidate ...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/547738413.html

straight 6 ... tough as nails and cheap parts.
manual trans ... only need 3 gears and can put a floor shifter in it.
all the glass is already gone.

I see lot's of potential scavenger cash ...

I see a great potential to snag a "people's choice" award ...

The Argent Labs Falcon has a nice ring to it ...

Just read that this car weighed about 2400lbs off the showroom floor. This guy could be made to be LIGHT! Also the little 6 banger was 90HP/138ft-lb TQ.

Todd Covini
01-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Can't tell the front from the back!

I'm in for the Houston Team...and my choice would be my first car and love of my life. A '70-73 Ford Maverick or Comet with a 302.

GlennCMC70
01-24-2008, 11:25 AM

I'm in for the Houston Team...and my choice would be my first car and love of my life. A '70-73 Ford Maverick or Comet with a 302.

did those come as a convertable?

AI#97
01-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Here is a perfect candidate ...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/547738413.html

straight 6 ... tough as nails and cheap parts.
manual trans ... only need 3 gears and can put a floor shifter in it.
all the glass is already gone.

I see lot's of potential scavenger cash ...

I see a great potential to snag a "people's choice" award ...

The Argent Labs Falcon has a nice ring to it ...

Just read that this car weighed about 2400lbs off the showroom floor. This guy could be made to be LIGHT! Also the little 6 banger was 90HP/138ft-lb TQ.

From the looks of it, it probably weighs less than that already because of all the rust!

My current idea is to find something with airbags that you could sell off and still runs. Probaby an 800 dollar car and get 300 back on parts sales. Not much I have found for the price that actually runs and that bastard with the Neon won't email me back!

AI#97
01-24-2008, 11:53 AM

did those come as a convertable?

Sawzall biotch!

GlennCMC70
01-24-2008, 11:57 AM
come to the 20th century. can you say plasma cutter?

AI#97
01-24-2008, 12:03 PM
come to the 20th century. can you say plasma cutter?

Used one before and they are nice for money bags ballers such as yourself. However, by the time you fire it up, hook it up to a compressor and get it going, I could have the top off that sucker with a sawzall in about 1 minute. My roof came off in under 2 minutes and I was being careful so I could weld it back on! :lol:

Anyone have any links to that state program to get credits for junking your junk car? Looking for data other than scrap yards for what to do with the POS after we are done with it!

I also contacted a Dallas Charity that accepts junkers for donations to see if they wouldn't sell a few...always good to get a deduction for our efforts! :wink:

AI#97
01-24-2008, 12:13 PM
More candidates...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/549578619.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/549508809.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/549179668.html

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/548876250.html my favorite!

Fbody383
01-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Alright, looks to me like we need a greater Dallas and greater Houston effort for this. Who has a tubing bender for the Houston effort?

I picked up a JD2 bender for my build and I think I trust some of you guys enough to loan it out... without a full deposit. :shock:

Sounds more like DFW/H-Town/Austin/San Antoinio teams need to come together. Pick the same make/vintage all around and parts/knowledge could go farther.

Or more likely, two of the three cars need the same ONE whatever... might as well settle on paper/rock/scissors for tie breakers now.

y5e06
01-24-2008, 12:29 PM
. Dallas .vs Houston .vs Austin..... AI/CMC Challenge.

CMC/AI -Austin - David D., Corey R., Morgan D., Jeff W, Jerry...

DD

yeah, so do we need to start our own private forum for proper discussions? :shock: :lol:

Boudy
01-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Funded driver needs a ride. Can't donate much time to fabrication but can offer parts and safety equipment for dealer cost. I also have a '79 coupe Mustang with a V6 to donate to the effort.

Boudy

AI#97
01-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Sounds more like DFW/H-Town/Austin teams need to come together. Pick the same make/vintage all around and parts/knowledge could go farther.

Or more likely, two of the three cars need the same ONE whatever... might as well settle on paper/rock/scissors for tie breakers now.

found a pair of 96 neons...one runs, the other doesn't...$800. :D

I would already have the second pair of wheels/tires/trans etc...parts sales could negate several $100 of costs... The nice thing about early neons is there are a ton of race parts out there for them like brake pads and stuff.

Hopefully this nucklehead will call me!

ShadowBolt
01-24-2008, 01:04 PM
JJ,
Will you stop with the pity routine already!?! You're MAYBE a second or two slower than the leaders! Please...you're in the field and from what I've seen a whole lot faster than any opentracker joining us for the first time. So cut it out and nut up or else you're gonna start making the newbies feel even worse than you're portraying!?!?! :lol:

Besides....for Lemons, style points count more than laptimes!?!?! :wink:

Todd,
I did not intend for it to sound the way it must have. I just figured if a guy was putting together a team he would not want the slowest guy from 2007 as one of the drivers. I wanted anyone putting together a car to know I would be glad to pay my way if they could not get enough of the faster guys together. Not looking for any pity. The new CMC-17 is going to do alright in 08!

JJ

cobra132
01-24-2008, 01:15 PM
The San Antonio team is assembled. I will pick up the car this weekend and begin the demolition-I mean build. Assuming the police report comes back clean. This is going to be fun! 8) FMR

BSharp
01-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Remember, LeMons is not picking teams from the applications until Aug 9

AI#97
01-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Funded driver needs a ride. Can't donate much time to fabrication but can offer parts and safety equipment for dealer cost. I also have a '79 coupe Mustang with a V6 to donate to the effort.

Boudy

Northern lemons... Burch, Landrum, Boudy, Warren, White...who else...?

White is hunting for running Neons at this point and willing to do the wrenching..goal $500 per driver all in. Car will have a muffler that is really quiet and probably keep the radio for entertainment for the long stints!

I also know of atleast 2 teams being formed off of DFWstangs.net as we speak with some real characters!

Just got reply from the guy with the Neons...sounds like a go!

1996 neon 2 door, 5spd with 123k miles...lots of spares with second car! Who's in?!

GlennCMC70
01-24-2008, 02:03 PM
i'm in on a Neon. i just dont have any cash to put into this. i will do any and all fab work needed.
in fact, i'll review the SPEC Neon rules and see that we stay w/in those limits. this way the car will be a nice roller for a SPEC Neon car.

AllZWay
01-24-2008, 02:10 PM
I am another driver that would throw in some money and some support...but from my location and bank fund... not a ton of either is available.

AI#97
01-24-2008, 02:10 PM
i'm in on a Neon. i just dont have any cash to put into this. i will do any and all fab work needed.
in fact, i'll review the SPEC Neon rules and see that we stay w/in those limits. this way the car will be a nice roller for a SPEC Neon car.

Well, with the spare car, we could recoup a ton of cash selling parts, and then passing off the tub for scrap. We also have spares for brakes, and a ton of other stuff... just don't know if the 2 door fits into the spec neon stuff...? I'll float most of it now but like I said Glenn, all in per driver should be about $500...

Also found a couple of non runnin 944's for 800 each! I suddenly have a sickness! :lol:

Todd Covini
01-24-2008, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the Spec Neon side of things or an after-life of the car. Don't they end up crushing half the cars and keeping the rest? I was under the impression that the car doesn't go home with you after the event either way.

(..or was that just in my old demolition derby days in High School?)

-=- T

AI#97
01-24-2008, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the Spec Neon side of things or an after-life of the car. Don't they end up crushing half the cars and keeping the rest? I was under the impression that the car doesn't go home with you after the event either way.

(..or was that just in my old demolition derby days in High School?)

-=- T

Spec Neon has been killed nationally as of a few months ago...

What would be great is to drive the car down there and catch a ride back...saves on gas!!! :lol:

Todd Covini
01-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Let's try to get 3 same model cars for Team AI/CMC. Neon Neons? On-track and in paddock team efforts could go a long way!!!

Boudy
01-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Marvel should weigh in here at some point.... Hint, hint, hint. He's a store house of information on the Lemons deal and most of all has a good sense of what won't work and what not to do again.

I think he told me that one of the guys just created a PayPal account and the players just put up some seed money for the build.

I'm in.

Boudy

AI#97
01-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Let's try to get 3 same model cars for Team AI/CMC. Neon Neons? On-track and in paddock team efforts could go a long way!!!

I don't want to force anyone into a neon just because I think it's a good car to compete with...I COULD be wrong! LOL!

I say we let each time "run what they brung" and have it be a battle to the death! :lol:

Now if one of my teammates would like to start working on a cold air intake made of beer cans...we have an 8 month head start! Coors light right Jeff?!

Pictures below...

michaelmosty
01-24-2008, 04:02 PM

Boudy

Northern lemons... Burch, Landrum, Boudy, Warren, White...who else...?

White is hunting for running Neons at this point and willing to do the wrenching..goal $500 per driver all in. Car will have a muffler that is really quiet and probably keep the radio for entertainment for the long stints!

I also know of atleast 2 teams being formed off of DFWstangs.net as we speak with some real characters!

Just got reply from the guy with the Neons...sounds like a go!

1996 neon 2 door, 5spd with 123k miles...lots of spares with second car! Who's in?!
I'm all over this Matt, count me in. I don't have space at my house for the car but can definitely help wrench on it whenever needed. :D

jeffburch
01-24-2008, 05:33 PM
I talked to Richard Painter this morning.
He can help with engine work.

jb

Jeremy Gunter
01-24-2008, 05:36 PM
I can fill up the gas tank in the pits 8)

Todd Covini
01-24-2008, 06:13 PM
......I suddenly have a sickness! :lol:

Matt...you're starting to scare us with how serious you're getting about this effort.
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/making/madmax2/images/MundiMundi/WezFaceoff.jpg

ShadowBolt
01-24-2008, 06:14 PM
What about an RX-7? I have been told the motors go forever. Is this true and would it be a good choice? One negitive is I can build a conv. motor with eyes closed but a Wankel? Never been in one.

JJ

AI#97
01-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Wow! Does that give us 6 drivers now?! :P

Now we need to think of a Team name! Nuerotic Northern Neon Neanderthols? Our car number could be 4N...

Ok, I have to put the pipe down...I am having WAY too much fun with this!!!

AI#97
01-24-2008, 07:20 PM
you guys need to go to youtube and watch all the videos!
Just search 24 hours of lemons and you will have an hour of entertainment!

Ok, lemons North...update.

Of the two neons, the 4 door is the 5spd car with blown motor already out of the car. the 2 door auto runs with same SOHC engine, ready to put into the 4 door..so there will be some work there...however, the 4 door is in better mechanical shape as the 2 door had already been wrecked and fixed terribly. The good news is we won't be in a purple car! :lol: I also like the idea of a smaller door opening on the 4 door given the contact issues.

It's got 6 nearly new tires, and all the parts swap car to car which is good for spares.

So, a little more work involved but I think we are ok...engine swap is already half done! God this spares list is going to be long!

Going to look at them sunday and probably bring them home.

Wirtz
01-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Some one needs to do the Falcon! Too cool.

I would be kinda neat as we are the AI / CMC crowd to all do lead sled kinda things. Neons?!? Ok, cheap and easy, I get that, but come on, people are going to see you driving this thing ;)

I'm in for the Austin crowd. I _might_ be able to put a car at the house (oh man, the wife if going to kill me!).

I like Morgans idea, we need some subforums. That might be good anyway for things like dyno days anyway....

MadMax

cobra132
01-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Oops! The police report seems to indicate that, oh I don't know, the car had been reported stolen. Back to the drawing board. :evil: FMR

Wirtz
01-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey Jerry - PM me your email addy if you don't mind.

Jeff

AI#97
01-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Oops! The police report seems to indicate that, oh I don't know, the car had been reported stolen. Back to the drawing board. :evil: FMR

I will have a spare neon I can cut you hell of a deal on...

Now there is a sentence I NEVER expected to say before I died!!! :lol:

jeffburch
01-24-2008, 09:16 PM
......but come on, people are going to see you driving this thing ;)

Where's that link of Marvel in the Lemon CRX?

jb

Todd Covini
01-24-2008, 11:09 PM
http://houston.craigslist.org/car/542548416.html

http://houston.craigslist.org/car/542814777.html

http://houston.craigslist.org/car/532841529.html

http://houston.craigslist.org/car/504525388.html

...and look at this Lame Lookin' Lemon. :lol:

http://houston.craigslist.org/car/509657632.html

Jeremy Gunter
01-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Rosco owns that 3rd gen

Wirtz
01-25-2008, 01:10 AM
Cheaters beware!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4tuap8DVRQ

I like how they toy with it first by pulling off it's wings... :twisted:

AI#97
01-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Cheaters beware!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4tuap8DVRQ

I like how they toy with it first by pulling off it's wings... :twisted:

If you watch all the videos, they actually took that car back on course!

Same with the black camaro that had sumbitch painted on the side...

Al Fernandez
01-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I guess the right thing to do is submit an entry then see if we get in. Wouldnt want to spend almost $500 for no reason! 8)

BSharp
01-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I guess the right thing to do is submit an entry then see if we get in. Wouldnt want to spend almost $500 for no reason! 8)
You will not know until aug 9.

BryanL
01-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Now I am hooked and want in on a team. Love this video and the commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMRtu5eh5NM&feature=related

Fbody383
01-25-2008, 11:35 AM
You will not know until aug 9.

What are the rules on entry submission? Perhaps a little thought should go into optimizing the chance of an awarded spot?

gt40
01-25-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm all over this Matt, count me in. I don't have space at my house for the car but can definitely help wrench on it whenever needed. :D

Same here! I can wrench, scrounge parts, and bring funding. Me wanna play!!!

Rob Liebbe
01-25-2008, 04:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QhFP2ivOtQ&feature=related

Watch for Todd's convertible compadre at LeMons (White Fox Convt.)

Todd Covini
01-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Damn...I got that car for $300.
Little did I know it was a potential precious lemon!

AI#97
01-26-2008, 09:30 AM
pulled the plug on the neons...WAY too much work and wiring was a rats nest.

Working on an 86 300z at the moment!

AI#97
01-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Before anyone dumps a bunch of money in to their turd, I heard a nasty rumor that you WILL NOT be able to "buy" a license at the track like at some of the other tracks. I've heard you have to have some sort of legitimate racing license to be able to race. Not sure why or anything, but just a tid bit of info.

I'd get on the horn and check. This came from a decently reliable source that knows MSR houston pretty well.

Sounds like this deal might be fizzling fast...this will limit the folks who can enter but it sounds like MSRH strikes again... :?:

donovan
01-29-2008, 11:19 AM
or just ups the odds that our entries will make it in...

You have to get approved to enter the race... get your application ready!!

DD

AI#97
01-29-2008, 12:15 PM
or just ups the odds that our entries will make it in...

You have to get approved to enter the race... get your application ready!!

DD

A couple guys I know have contacted them and they said that not too many get turned away if ever.

gt40
01-29-2008, 02:19 PM
OK -- to recap -- who's fielding an entry, and who wants to field one, and who's looking for help?

(Still wanting in on this!)

AI#97
01-29-2008, 03:27 PM
OK -- to recap -- who's fielding an entry, and who wants to field one, and who's looking for help?

(Still wanting in on this!)

Lemons North that are interested:

Burch, Micheal Mosty, Glenn, Boudy, Myself, Bud, Proctor, Mitch and you robert. That is two full teams of 4 depending on how things pan out over the next 8 months!

I know of 3 separate teams being formed from DFWstangs.net, some already have the cars, but those guys are going to have the hurdle for comp licenses. There is a Spec Miata effort being put together as well.

Boudy, that 79 you speak of, is it really ugly? Run? 4 spd?

jeffburch
01-29-2008, 03:41 PM
For Dallas maybe a Chevy vs Ford thing with teams.
Not saying each has that mark. Just the drivers normal affiliation.
A beater is a beater.
Just a thought.
jb

Todd Covini
01-29-2008, 09:18 PM
I find it hard to believe that there WOULDN"T be a licensing requirement. I've done 12 hour enduros and can tell you that traffic is the biggest challenge, not the car or the driver. So I'm all for a license requirement.

I can see Adam's job as the Comp Licensing Director becoming more challenging this year!!! hahahaha

-=- Todd

rpoz27
01-30-2008, 01:48 AM
I've got 9 people on our team so far and 5 of them need licenses. They all plan to do Racecraft this year, anyway, so there should be no issues for us. However, one of them called MSR-H today and they say they are doing what they can to get their insurance to okay the on-site licenses.

BTW, all but Martin and Mike (NASA TX Honda Challenge driver) are AI/CMC or future AI/CMC and a third of the team is female. All have been chosen for their vast experience at driving heaps.

AI#97
01-30-2008, 08:28 AM
All have been chosen for their vast experience at driving heaps.

Do they all drive F-bodies?! :wink:

donovan
01-30-2008, 10:50 AM
I've got 9 people on our team so far and 5 of them need licenses. They all plan to do Racecraft this year, anyway, so there should be no issues for us. However, one of them called MSR-H today and they say they are doing what they can to get their insurance to okay the on-site licenses.

BTW, all but Martin and Mike (NASA TX Honda Challenge driver) are AI/CMC or future AI/CMC and a third of the team is female. All have been chosen for their vast experience at driving heaps.

Keep in mind they only allow 6 drivers per team... you might have to find two cars!!!

DD

cobra132
01-30-2008, 02:01 PM
The SA team is back on line. Found a $400 87 325 bimmer that does not run with clean papers. The car seams sound and the history is consistant with a timing belt failure. I'll pick it up on sat and tear into it after round one. FMR

Chuck
01-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Anyone in Austin want to form a team?

I found this Merkur on craigslist. I have some history with the Ford turbo 2.3L, and some parts laying around. Also have a 4cyl T5 to put in as this Merkur is an auto.

http://austin.craigslist.org/car/556698339.htm

Chuck
CMC #14

Wirtz
01-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Chuck - PM me your email addy.

Jeff

David Love AI27
01-31-2008, 01:38 AM
All have been chosen for their vast experience at driving heaps.

Do they all drive F-bodies?! :wink:

I resemble that remark...

David Love AI27
02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Boy did I screw up... told boss about Lemon race and he contacted his buddy Joe who has Turnkey Industries (used to build Turnkey Trailers)... He is so excited that he is planning to purchase 5 cars for his employees and is going top have a competition between the crews in the company...

BSharp
02-03-2008, 02:41 PM
So he is going to pay for 5 cars, 40+ wheels and tires, pay to have the cars prepped (over the $500 limit now), 20 comp license's, 20 helmets, 20 driving suits, $500 per team plus $100 per driver, +++++? WOW!

David Love AI27
02-03-2008, 09:40 PM
So he is going to pay for 5 cars, 40+ wheels and tires, pay to have the cars prepped (over the $500 limit now), 20 comp license's, 20 helmets, 20 driving suits, $500 per team plus $100 per driver, +++++? WOW!

YEPPERS... money is no object

Boudy
02-03-2008, 11:59 PM

Yep, looks like post-fan poop. It's got a 6 banger and I'll find out tomorrow what the status of engine and tranny is.

Boudy

AI#97
02-04-2008, 12:28 PM

Yep, looks like post-fan poop. It's got a 6 banger and I'll find out tomorrow what the status of engine and tranny is.

Boudy

If you are cool using it for the lemons deal, let me know. I am hoping to go look at a BMW 325 on Wednesday night. runs/drives and only needs front brakes, bushings and ball joints. it's a straight 6 with 5spd, but it's the E model with less HP. I think it's the diesel motor converted to gas so it's no barn burner but with some Spec e30 parts, it should work pretty good.

I am sure that between all the North mustang racers, we could scrounge up enough spare stock parts to make that one you got run ok except for the engine and tranny. That 6 banger with a 4spd might be difficult to get to perform well....

Later!

Al Fernandez
02-04-2008, 04:41 PM

Note to self: get a job working for that guy!

gt40
02-04-2008, 06:05 PM

Boudy

If you are cool using it for the lemons deal, let me know. I am hoping to go look at a BMW 325 on Wednesday night. runs/drives and only needs front brakes, bushings and ball joints. it's a straight 6 with 5spd, but it's the E model with less HP. I think it's the diesel motor converted to gas so it's no barn burner but with some Spec e30 parts, it should work pretty good.

I am sure that between all the North mustang racers, we could scrounge up enough spare stock parts to make that one you got run ok except for the engine and tranny. That 6 banger with a 4spd might be difficult to get to perform well....

Later!I've got a factory short-block that might be rebuilt cheaply (205k miles, but had excellent oil pressure and made 265 RWHP when it was pulled -- has all the internal stuff still, I believe. I may laso have the original E7TE heads with valvetrain & rockers. I also have a V8 T5 out of a '91 that could be rebuilt -- it was popping out of reverse and grinding into 3rd, when it was given to me.)

David Love AI27
02-04-2008, 07:47 PM

Note to self: get a job working for that guy!

Already applied, but I think my boss threw a monkey wrench in the deal... he is just down the road from you on FM 2978... ever go that way??? he has a yellow charger and stacker trailer for sale in front of his facility...

Al Fernandez
02-05-2008, 08:21 AM
On the east side of the road right? I'm pretty sure I have.

AI#97
02-05-2008, 11:03 AM
So who would be interested in a Suburu Legacy wagon?! apparently needs the shift linkage worked on and that's it. Wonder if all wheel drive could come in handy if it's raining in Houston that weekend?! ;)

AI#97
02-08-2008, 09:19 AM
91 Nissan 240 with bad motor and a spare one not in the car...

$800 and sell off parts gets you to 500...

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/566814720.html

I am leaving plano at 2pm for the track but this would make a great Lemons north entry! Anybody able to go get it? I can't till monday and it will probably be gone by then.

michaelmosty
05-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Just curious as to who has already submitted their entry for this event. I saw on their website that they are running the 1.1 mile course in front of the "grandstand" area.
Anyone have any other information of interest?

I found a 4 cyl. / 5-speed Fox in DFW that runs for $350. Anyone else in DFW want to see about an entry?

oz98cobra
05-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm interested Micheal - how many we need to make a team? 4 drivers?

gt40
05-06-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm interested Micheal - how many we need to make a team? 4 drivers?Put me on the list! :)

Shortcutsleeping
05-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Anyone have a course map for th 1.1? I've looked on the msr-h site and can't discern which one it is.

Costas
cars and such...

michaelmosty
05-06-2008, 12:04 PM
I am pretty sure it uses the front straight, then takes a left before the carousel and reconnects just after the launch.

AI#97
05-06-2008, 12:11 PM
aerial attached...

AI#97
05-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Just curious as to who has already submitted their entry for this event. I saw on their website that they are running the 1.1 mile course in front of the "grandstand" area.
Anyone have any other information of interest?

I found a 4 cyl. / 5-speed Fox in DFW that runs for $350. Anyone else in DFW want to see about an entry?

Count me in on the 4cyl. fox...see if you can get it and we can start working out the details of getting that thing down to 2000lbs! I have tubing for a roll bar, seat and some other stuff...maybe you and marshal have some brake parts and such...? Team FAR North Dallas now formed?! :lol:

jeffburch
05-06-2008, 12:20 PM
That corner is called Nascar.

I thought the entry list was full a long time ago?

jb

michaelmosty
05-06-2008, 12:42 PM
That corner is called Nascar.

I thought the entry list was full a long time ago?

jb
I have heard rumors of that as well. The entry deadline is not until August and you have to be "chosen" to participate from the entry list, IIRC.
I have been a little hesitant b/c of that exact answer. No use in putting in the time and effort if you can't even participate.

Anyone that has already signed up and might have a little more knowledge on this please let me know, thanks.

*edit* I just left a message with Jay Lamm (Lemons guy) to try and find out more info.

dirwin
05-06-2008, 01:26 PM
I've got a old POS 300z that ran 3 years ago. Post up if you find out they are still considering applications. Wouldn't take anytime to find out if it still runs.

Shortcutsleeping
05-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I was looking at that layout and it seemed a bit short to be 1.1 miles...but I didn't calibrate my eyecrometer this morning.

FYI: That picture, however, does not show the 'new' jupe-jag that leads into the carousel off the front straight. 8)

Costas
cars and such...

AI#97
05-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I was looking at that layout and it seemed a bit short to be 1.1 miles...but I didn't calibrate my eyecrometer this morning.

FYI: That picture, however, does not show the 'new' jupe-jag that leads into the carousel off the front straight. 8)

Costas
cars and such...

yep! and on google earth, the shortloop is only .80 miles using the "path" tool. Even if you go further and go to the EMS road, it is barely a mile. Best guess is that is from early 2006 or even late 2005...cars/colors remind me of the SCMC event in November of 2005...but the green grass killed that idea.

jeffburch
05-06-2008, 03:06 PM
LOL!
Green grass???
That's a rice patty man!

jb

mitchntx
05-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Are those cars or mosquitos?

Todd Covini
07-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Updates?
Who's racing?
Who's crewing?
Who's spectating?
Who's staying home for those 24 hours?

BSharp
07-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Be afraid, be very afraid.
http://motorheads.net/formula_m/

AI#97
07-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Be afraid, be very afraid.
http://motorheads.net/formula_m/

Guaranteed in the race!!! The golf cart movie got me rolling!!!

BSharp
07-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Here are the others. http://www.youtube.com/user/formulamracing

wgriffin4
07-07-2008, 09:01 AM
So what's the word? I have 6 drivers that are interested and we have not signed up yet and wanted to know what the entry status looks like. Based on the website entry page you have to have a compelling reason from them to pick your team to race....

If a team gets in a needs some drivers let me know....I would be interested in driving and helping out with costs.

BSharp
08-11-2008, 05:51 PM
WE ARE IN! Oh crap, we're in! http://motorheads.net/formula_m/

AI#97
08-11-2008, 06:00 PM
WE ARE IN! Oh crap, we're in! http://motorheads.net/formula_m/

How much time did you guys waste on that "air brake"? with all that extra weight and an anemic 4cyl, you monkies won't be going fast enough to worry about using it!!!

Apparently we got in too! Yipee...I think! LOL!!!

rpoz27
08-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Teams Purple Pinball Lefty and Righty are in, as well.

Shortcutsleeping
08-11-2008, 09:15 PM
WitchdoctorMotorsports/BikiniRacer is in.

Car #7 Chevrolet Camaro

LS1/T56 T2R running 315s all the way around.

I wish.

Costas
cars and such...

cobra132
08-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Alamo City Rollers are in. Should be a blast. FMR

AI#97
08-11-2008, 10:17 PM
With so many of us in this group involved, we need to work a strategery to selectively take out other cars until the last hour where it becomes a free for all melee! Who wants 150lbs of nickles anyway?! LOL!

wgriffin4
08-12-2008, 02:20 PM
We are in!.....FletchTech Racing. www.fletchtech.com

I am the only driver on the team with real racing experience....the rest of the team are sim racers....should be interesting.

What cars are teams going to use? We are looking for a POS of the following....Miata, 240SX/280Z, Civic, or Integra.

This should be a blast.

Bill Griffin

BSharp
08-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Wow! 9 weekends until the race and you do not have a car yet? Good luck with a miata, it will be hard to convince the judges you found one for $500.

AI#97
08-12-2008, 02:55 PM
We are in!.....FletchTech Racing. www.fletchtech.com

I am the only driver on the team with real racing experience....the rest of the team are sim racers....should be interesting.

What cars are teams going to use? We are looking for a POS of the following....Miata, 240SX/280Z, Civic, or Integra.

This should be a blast.

Bill Griffin

If you don't mind me asking, what webpage shell are you using? I need to set one up for my AI 2009 campaign...

thanks!

wgriffin4
08-13-2008, 07:48 PM
9 Weeks is plenty of time.....hardest part is cage and seat.....We didnt want to buy a car until we knew we were in the race.

We shall see what we come up with. I have see pics of some the past years cars and there are many cars over $500 ....like BMW's..... cough cough.

I will talk to the guy who maintains our site for us.....but we got it from the Joomola Shack website just done know which style.

BSharp
08-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I have see pics of some the past years cars and there are many cars over $500 ....like BMW's..... cough cough.

Yea, and they get dinged a lot of laps and/or crushed.

michaelmosty
08-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Ya'll are all gonna have to watch out for the mighty FX16-GTS!! :twisted:

BSharp
08-14-2008, 10:10 AM
I am glad you all took a pic when you brought it home.

BSharp
08-14-2008, 10:30 AM
aerial attached...
If I figured it correctly 1.1 miles will use 2nd left turn through the esses and then over the launch.

cobra132
09-02-2008, 12:01 PM
I need 2 drivers to join Alamo City Rollers for the lemons race in Oct. The car is an 87 BMW 325e. The engine was dead, I tore it apart and replaced a broken timing belt and several valves and head gasket. It runs good now. The car is gutted. The seat is in and the cage will be done this weekend. Anyone interested contact me by PM. FMR

AI#97
09-02-2008, 07:45 PM

Another interesting fact....a team has successfully campaigned the same car for TWO events this year!!!

If our lasts half as long I would consider it a victory! ;)

BSharp
09-02-2008, 10:40 PM

Another interesting fact....a team has successfully campaigned the same car for TWO events this year!!!

The Shumacher Taxi, they had a CV axle come apart during the last race.

AI#97
09-03-2008, 06:29 AM

The Shumacher Taxi, they had a CV axle come apart during the last race.

Thought it was only a boot that caught fire in the first race...? Will have to go read that write up again! :oops:

michaelmosty
10-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Does anyone (in Houston) have any input on the Cullen Classic Inn just north of Pearland?
It turns out we are going to need a hotel room for the night on Thursday and this one seems to be the only one that is available south of town (that's not $200).
Some of these "independent" hotels can be a little scary. :shock:

Just curious if anyone knew its location or reputation. Near Hwy 288 + Almeda Genoa Rd.

Thanks.

michaelmosty
10-14-2008, 02:05 PM

BSharp
10-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Looks like the judges will be driving.
http://jalopnik.com/5062957/houston-lemons-miscreants-beware-judges-coming-after-you-in-pikes-peak-winning-evo

rpoz27
10-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Michael - I think I may have a reserved spare room in Angleton for Thursday. Not all of my guys needed one. I believe it's only got a king bed, but it's cheap. (Want to say $75) Let me just double check that it's available and it's yours if you want it.

Fbody383
10-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Just curious if anyone knew its location or reputation. Near Hwy 288 + Almeda Genoa?

Uh, no.

Not unless your bringing a new "friend" you met at closing.

rpoz27
10-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Michael - I think I may have a reserved spare room in Angleton for Thursday. Not all of my guys needed one. I believe it's only got a king bed, but it's cheap. (Want to say $75) Let me just double check that it's available and it's yours if you want it.

Correction - it's $60 a night, but I gotta make my reservation changes this morning by 10. If you want a room for Thursday night, call 979-571-5441 and leave a msg. I have up to 4 rooms available for tomorrow.

michaelmosty
10-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks, I just left you a message, we'll take the room for Thursday night. Call if you need any info. 972-897-1424.

Alien
10-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Just pretend the blue third gen infront of you is JW, but instead of some dude, it could be a hot girl in a bikini driving, so be nice :twisted:

http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/ch126pic03.jpg
Witchdoctor Motorsports / BikiniRacer 87 Camaro

Wirtz
10-17-2008, 11:31 AM
Is anyone going to go check things out for the fun of it? At this moment, I am regretting not building up a car but oh well. Thought it might be fun to come check out anyway to see the mayhem.

Jeff

Rob Liebbe
10-17-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm going out Saturday morning and watch a bit of the "race".

donovan
10-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Thinking about heading down to watch some racing.

Now sure when yet.

DD

GlennCMC70
10-17-2008, 07:58 PM
i'll not be there. i took a co-workers on-call and forgot about it till yesterday. good luck to you all and be safe. show them how its done and i expect a full report from each team.

jeffburch
10-17-2008, 08:06 PM
I wanted to come but have to work a gig.
The Komen race for the (tiddy) cure.
:roll:
jb

Rob Liebbe
10-18-2008, 09:34 PM
I went out to the Lemons race today and the news as of 8pm is as follows:

Mosty, MFW and Clifton are the overall leaders in their Toyota FX16 Wayne's World entry!!!!

Witchdoctor/Bikini Racer are in second - this is Costas, Robertson et. al.

Frank Roberts's team in a BMW 3 series was having intermittent engine trouble, but I think they got it running well (as of 2pm - no updates).

Bud Sharp, Chris Lyons, David Shwarze, Steve Kent, Richard Painter are in 5th overall in their Formula Mullet Mustang - complete with brake pedal activated air brake ala 1953 Mercedes.

I was expecting much more carnage in the race, but the participants were heavily warned and will suffer very severe penalties for any body contact, so the very close racing amung a great variance of vehicles/speeds/abilities was very clean. The Spec Miata guys could learn a lot from this group of mostly inexperienced drivers.

Good luck to all on Sunday.

Rob

AI#97
10-19-2008, 07:12 AM
clifton had a minor contact and I spun the car on cold tires in the final stint. we got two minor penalties and lost a 5 or 6 lap lead over costas. I think we got the overall lead back in the last hour after I got back past costas. final two hours seemed to have each teams ringer and was some damn fine racing.

cars on track at 9:15 to noon, one hour break and on track at one till 3:30....come on out, its a hoot....20 bucks at the gate I think....

ShadowBolt
10-19-2008, 05:45 PM
clifton had a minor contact and I spun the car on cold tires in the final stint. we got two minor penalties and lost a 5 or 6 lap lead over costas. I think we got the overall lead back in the last hour after I got back past costas. final two hours seemed to have each teams ringer and was some damn fine racing.

cars on track at 9:15 to noon, one hour break and on track at one till 3:30....come on out, its a hoot....20 bucks at the gate I think....

Congratz to Team Wayne's World!

First place.

JJ

GlennCMC70
10-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Nice!!!!!!!
Texas AI/CMC owns all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob Liebbe
10-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Congrats to Michael, Matt, and Clifton.

Who knew a baby blue Toyota could do so well?!?!?

We expect a write up from all the teams asap!

jeffburch
10-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Congrats to ALL!
jb
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/photo.jpg

AI#97
10-19-2008, 07:35 PM
will do guys! eating dinner in pairland and are tired....write up to be published soon!

Shortcutsleeping
10-20-2008, 12:54 AM
HUGE CONGRATS to the Wayne's World #11 POS light blue thing!!!

Our #7 POS slightly-darker blue thing was happy to take second! One of our drivers just got his comp license this year and this is his third wheel to wheel (and he had over 4 hours of stints this weekend) and the last driver (who runs an 11 second supra www.bikiniracer.com) had never been wheel to wheel or run a DE. In fact, she's only autocrossed twice!!

We had a great time (mostly) and we tip our hats to you guys!!

Costas
cars and such...

michaelmosty
10-20-2008, 02:10 AM
Just got everything unloaded and back to the house. Wow, what an event!!!!! I can't begin to explain how well organized and run everything was this weekend.

Huge thanks to the team, Matt, Clifton, and Jeremy!!!!! Jeremy stepped up big time during his first racing experience and didn't put a wheel wrong either day (at least not majorly). :lol: We had solid driving by all and only two small incidents.

Also, big thanks to all that helped at the track:
Frank and the Love's in the BMW
Misty's crew in the two Neon's
Chris and Bud's gang in the Mullett Mustang
and Team Blue Goose that loaned us a tire Sat. night to get through Sunday!!!

Congrats to Paul's team for an awesome finish. It was great racing on track and we look forward to doing it again in 2009!

I know I'm missing a bunch but I've got to get to bed. :) More details to follow later.

P.S. 30,000 nickles placed in the middle of a gutted hood makes a major dent! :lol:

AllZWay
10-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Congrats to all that competed and big congrats to the winners. Way to go guys.

GlennCMC70
10-20-2008, 08:08 AM
"Is that a roll of nickles in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

cjlmlml
10-20-2008, 08:27 AM
If I might draw your attention to the 10th place finisher Formula M.

2nd fastest lap time in the whole race.

Doesnt pay any nickels, but feels groovy.

We were in 6th after Saturday, a couple penalties here and there on Sunday hurt us , but overall, great success for a POS, video and pictures to follow.........

rpoz27
10-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Congratulations, Team Schwing! That little car had some balls. We should have given you ours when they castrated one of our cars for an infraction.

This event was an absolute blast! There was some really excellent racing and some truly horrible cars. The judges were hilarious. One of them is a writer for Jalopnik. His stuff on LeMons can be found here - http://jalopnik.com/5065571/24-hours-of-lemons-texas-day-one-corolla-leads-detroit-iron-3-of-top-5
(Links to other updates at bottom of page)

GlennCMC70
10-20-2008, 08:39 AM
well it sounds like our Texas AI/CMC guys represented us well. lok forward to the stories.

Wirtz
10-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Congrats to everyone that ran this. Cool stuff. Looking forward to some write ups and pics.

David Love AI27
10-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks to FFR for the chance to participate in the LeMons race... Jason and I had a blast and Mary got a lot of use out of the tripod... didn't take her long to realize how heavy even the smallest camera get after a few HOURS... AICMCTEXAS was very well represented and had great results... kind of ironic that the winners were in an import... be on the lookout for a possible POS class in our enduro...

Side note: If MFW isn't careful, he might actually win the election in 2012... Team Liir is getting lot of questions from the bumper stickers on our daily drivers...

michaelmosty
10-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Team Liir is getting lot of questions from the bumper stickers on our daily drivers...
You have the bumper stickers on your daily drivers??? That is freakin hilarious!! :lol:

cobra132
10-20-2008, 02:07 PM
The lemons race was a hoot! I hope they come back next year. Congrats to team Schwing, they ran a great race. One of our drivers dropped out at the last minute and Jason Love came to the rescue and did a great job driving for our team. Our car sucked in that it had absolutly no power, a faulty air meter I think, but it did well in the turns with its massive tires. Dispite the lack of power we finished 14th and were only about 10 seconds off the pace. All in all, a great time. FMR

Al Fernandez
10-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Tremendous! Thats just awesome news. Glad everyone had a good time and congrats on the results!

Jeremy Gunter
10-20-2008, 06:42 PM
I must say it was the most fun I have ever had in a car. I was lucky more than once and stupid more than twice. But in the end I had some great teammates keeping my ego under control and the tires on the track.

Thanks to all the NASA-TX guys and gals for helping us out when we needed it. NASA TX had a great showing this weekend, but more so we all came together like it was a normal track weekend. I am still convinced I am building a car for the right series!

It was great to see you guys there, until the next event!

michaelmosty
10-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Just an interesting tid-bit about lap times at the LeMons race. I knew we had a "quick" car with the ability to run up front. I ran the thing pretty darn hard and at mostly 95% the entire time. I ran fast time of the race for our team with a 1:19.3.

I looked on mylaps and this was 20th fastest for the event!! :shock:
We definitely learned ALOT about endurance racing. :D

jeffburch
10-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Hehe, anybody sore today :shock: 8) ??????

jb

AI#97
10-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Hehe, anybody sore today :shock: 8) ??????

jb

Funny, I just got back from a 90 minute massage to fix my muscles! :lol: Sore as hell today and TIRED!!!

rpoz27
10-20-2008, 08:09 PM
My back muscles are screaming at me and I didn't have to carry any boxes of nickels. Also, have a bruise in the middle of my back from the race seat. Totally worth it!

michaelmosty
10-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Matt and Clifton were both complaining about their butts being sore! :shock:

jeffburch
10-21-2008, 09:11 AM
TMI !!

jb

Waco Racer
10-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Team Schwing was awesome! A big thanks to my team for getting the car prepped, it ran flawlessly all weekend.

MFW has longer arms than the rest of us and I had to drive with the bottom of the steering wheel during the race because I couldn't reach the top. I could barely reach the key to start the car!

Winning the race was the closest I hope to ever come to being a celebrity. I didn't have my picture taken that many times at my wedding.

If you don't race in this event next year then you need to at least go to watch and crew for someone.

AI#97
10-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Matt and Clifton were both complaining about their butts being sore! :shock:

Well, my legs and arms were bent most of the time in the car which put all my weight on my tailbone and after getting drilled in the rear bumper from the Ranger and then the Merkur, I am quite sore all over especially my neck and lower back. I was impressed I was able to go for an hour and 50 minutes on Saturday and thankfully only had to do an hour and 40 on Sunday. I think next year we may try the trash bag and "stuff it" foam to make seat inserts for the smaller drivers so I don't get all scrunched in.

BSharp
10-21-2008, 09:52 AM
The ranger hit the back of our car while I was driving also. The biggest SFB drivers were the Ranger, black 240Z and Merker.

And yea, my back and ribs are hurting.

cjlmlml
10-21-2008, 10:25 AM
You guys need to work out more.

I did 8 laps at the end of day before POS black mustang turned into me and wrecked our front bumper and radiator.

His comment " I didnt think you were going to pass me there"

Dropped in new radiator , taped up front bumper and ran 58 more laps to checkered.(Passed the schwingers 3 times)

Too late to matter though.

Set fastest lap time with car all taped together . Pictures to follow.

Was ready for more.

Good job Team Schwing.

CL

BSharp
10-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Set fastest lap time with car all taped together
And 2nd fastest lap of the whole race.

We had an absolute blast! It was everything we thought it would be... until we began removing ourselves from contention via penalties. We knew that we were out there with lots of people who have never raced wheel-to-wheel before. We knew the judges would not listen to any excuses. We knew we had to run a clean race, and yet... we were not quite able to pull it off.

Friday was test-n-tune day. Almost right away we blew a power steering O-ring and did not have a spare. A fellow LeMons contestant was at our car within minutes with an enormous assortment O-rings - problem solved! Great karma here. We had fun in our 70's vintage, lightly-modified Harley Davidson golf cart. Favorite pastime: pull up to a group of people sitting in an $8K golf cart, challenge them to a race, wait for them to finish laughing, then leave them with two black stripes and a wheelie. Never got old. :-) Strangely, not everyone appreciated this.

We had an early, casual visit from one of the judges to our pit area. He proceeded to tell us that our documentation sucked and that we had better come up with something extraordinary to appease him. Said our current story would probably be good for a 100 lap penalty. Was he serious? Doubtful, but we decided not to chance it. At Formula M Racing, we believe in the old addage "Go Big or Go Home" and to that end we got busy and bought the makings for a giant shrimp cocktail (12" across) and a couple of pounds of filet mignon. When it was our turn for the BS inspection, we brought the gas grill over and treated the judges to Surf 'N Turf on the spot. They bought our bribe hook, line and sinker. Even after hearing the lumpy cam and seeing the Holley 4-barrel carb they only assessed us a 2-lap "symbolic" penalty for having a crappy fake Craigslist ad (which incidentally was not fake). Score: Mullets 1, Judges 0.

Saturday our second driver got a ten minute penalty for hitting a cone while exiting the track. He claimed it was the car in front of him, but of course it didn't matter. In the words of Jay Lamm, "You're Boned". Sad mullets. Score evened. The air brake, which had been very popular, suffered a broken cable at about 2pm and was strangely silent the rest of the day. Other than that, Saturday turned out okay and we ended the day in, I believe, 6th place.

Sunday the proverbial roof caved in. We had repaired the air brake overnight (and changed the picture to something more, um... "interesting") but it only lasted one hour before breaking again. It began flapping wildly at any speed over 30mph and we were sure a black flag was imminent so we pitted and cut the brake off of the car. Then our second driver incurred a 3-wheels-off penalty which we dispatched with a get-out-of-jail free card, only a minute or two lost. With no lifelines left, our next driver went off track briefly and was assessed a 15 minute penalty. To add insult to injury, the owner of the track assessed a team penalty for doing golf-cart wheelies in the pits! That hurt. Another 15 minutes in the penalty box. At that point we could do nothing but stand there and watch our 5th place standing slowly erode. Seeing as there was no longer any hope of a podium finish we did what all red-blooded Texans would do and "stepped 'er up a notch". A little later, two cars, one apex... you can probably guess the rest. We suffered a crunched fender, popped radiator, bent core support and another 30 minute penalty. After the penalty was served, we needed another 20 minutes to repair the car. The score was now solidly in favor of those acursed judges and we were forced to hang our mullet-clad heads in shame. Hmmm, nice sandals Bubba! You too, Cletus! Payless? Nope, red tag at Pick 'N Save! Etc.

We did manage to claw our way back up to 10th place by the end of the race and so just barely met our goal of a top-ten finish, and we snagged the "Best use of Banned Technology" award for the FULLY ARMED AND OPERATIONAL air brake, so everybody went home happy. Unlike those nutty East and West-coasters, we did NOT drop our car off at the junkyard after the race. After 6+ months of work, that car is part of the frickin family and will more than likely be back to compete next year. We'll be older and wiser. Mullets will be longer. Golf cart voltage will be higher.

-David
Formula M (as in Mullet) Racing
http://motorheads.net/formula_m

AI#97
10-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Dropped in new radiator , taped up front bumper and ran 58 more laps to checkered.(Passed the schwingers 3 times)

CL

Chris, we were running maybe 85% at the end just to make sure we didn't hand over the race. I did get a kick out of you driving the shit out of the mullet machine! you were hanging the tail and driving it like you used to drive the AI car before the aero work. you were noticeably faster than the rest of the day and were hauling ass!!! I saw you come up behind me with the nose hanging down and was thinking shit, they might have to slow down and about 5 seconds later you went by me like I was standing still!!!

I think the formula for the event is to have a medium paced car so you don't over drive and get into trouble or draw too much attention to yourself. I just wish we had more horsepower. Our motor only had 110 hp when it was new and I am sure after 203k miles, it's probably down to like 95 or so! We either need to do some weight removal or find some ponies if we plan on winning it again next year! ;)

rpoz27
10-21-2008, 12:21 PM
We went into LeMons just hoping that both cars would finish most of the race. By midday Saturday, we realized that one of the cars had a real hope of a top 5 finish, so we changed the strategy. Our formula for a top 5 finish - http://www.mydeo.com/videosavecopy.asp?ZID=225&CID=227127
Apparently, our strategy drew attention away from the #97 faster, manual car and had the judges (and other drivers) focused on the #96 slower automatic. It also put the #96 in 3rd place for the People's Curse, but the judges weren't too much of a worry after our bribes on Saturday evening. I was called shameless by one tech inspector who witnessed our team at work and had to readily agree. We gave them a bucket of candy that I stole from a team member's wife (She protested very loudly. The judges loved it!), bagels and lox for breakfast, swag from the team, and rides in the Enzo on Sunday (click http://www.autofiends.com/index.php/2008/10/i-got-a-ride-in-an-enzo-complete-with-crazy-backstory/ for one judge's story)
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk100/rpoz27/Teampurplepinballs.jpg

The #97 was in 5th and the #96 in 18th place at the end of Saturday. The poor #96 car was in and out of the paddock all day Sunday with problems. There were times when it wouldn't go over 35mph, so we threw our craziest team member in the car and told him to run it till it died or he was worn out. The #96 made it through one more paddock stop for a quick repair (we unplugged the MAF) and driver change and with an hour to go in the race had to be towed off course after the motor died and refused to restart. Meanwhile, the #97 was performing way beyond our expectations. With penalties to other teams taking up their time, we were running solid. We did have 2 quick penalties. One for hitting a cone while avoiding contact (we now have a cone semi-permanently attached to the roof), and the other for going off course while avoiding contact (resulted in the formerly mentioned castration of the car and a really old tin of sardines being emptied on the manifold. Helluva stink!) Neither took more than 5 minutes and worked out perfectly for our fueling and driver change schedule. Sunday's finishes were #97 in 5th and #96 in 35th and we're already planning for next year.

Some pics can be seen here - http://picasaweb.google.com/jacy.legault/MoreLemons# and here - http://picasaweb.google.com/jacy.legault/Lemons#
Corn got something like 4000 pics from this weekend. When he gets them all loaded on his website, I'll link them.

David Love AI27
10-21-2008, 06:06 PM
come on Misti.... fess up about the three way going on with the Pinball Team.... :twisted:

if you don't tell I will...... :P

Jeremy Gunter
10-21-2008, 09:40 PM
and after getting drilled in the rear bumper from the Ranger and then the Merkur, I am quite sore all over especially my neck and lower back.

Funny thing is, they never hit me in the rear... must have been those slow lap times Matt :P

Our formula for a top 5 finish
LMAO... nice video, nice moves, but completely unethical :shock:

Winning the race was the closest I hope to ever come to being a celebrity. I didn't have my picture taken that many times at my wedding.

It was like being a celebrity for a day... Awesome experience, a little weird tho, especially for a first race experience... may never get that much attention again! and like MFW and GL, I like attention...

David Love AI27
10-21-2008, 11:29 PM
The SCHWING movement has arived!! found this listing under "race car" :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-1982-TOYOTA-STARLET-CALI-CAR-GAS-SAVER-IDEAL-RACE-CAR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a570Q7c39Q3a1Q 7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec 0Q2em14QQhashZitem270287866745QQitemZ270287866745

michaelmosty
10-22-2008, 08:11 AM
David, that car is too cherry with only 44k miles.

Misty, sweet move on the shark car!! He was one of the only cars that "frustrated" me with his blocking. I guess he got what he deserved! :lol:

Jeremy Gunter
10-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Pictures are up at http://teamschwing.com
Race Write-up is done
Videos soon
Enjoy!

cjlmlml
10-23-2008, 08:38 AM
http://www.autofiends.com/index.php/2008/10/great-moments-in-texas-lemons-judging-part-2/

I guess these judges dont know what a 302 with a cam sounds like?

Anyway, read the article

Wirtz
10-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Pictures are up at http://teamschwing.com
Race Write-up is done
Videos soon
Enjoy!

Nice site and some cool pictures. This one however scares the crap out of me....
http://teamschwing.com/files/PA191785.jpg

jeffburch
10-23-2008, 02:40 PM
That's possibly the '09 ROTY :lol:
"What's the world comin to?"

jb

rpoz27
10-23-2008, 06:10 PM
To find out Team Schwing's secrets, click http://jalopnik.com/5067517/how-to-win-the-24-hours-of-lemons-three-top-racers-share-their-secrets

AI#97
10-23-2008, 06:29 PM
To find out Team Schwing's secrets, click http://jalopnik.com/5067517/how-to-win-the-24-hours-of-lemons-three-top-racers-share-their-secrets

He shared a lot....but NONE of the secrets to success! ;)

Jeremy Gunter
10-23-2008, 07:57 PM
SCHWING

SCHWING

SCHWING SCHWING SCHWING

http://teamschwing.com/files/PA191821.jpg

cobra132
10-24-2008, 08:17 AM
SCHWING

michaelmosty
10-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Here is the write-up for those who haven't seen it on the website.

Friday - Arrived at the track and pitted under the tents next to the LeMons officials. We decided to run the practice day to shake down the car and drive the new track configuration. We ran the track backwards and used an access road between the "bus stop" and "carousel". Matt ran the first session and bedded in the brakes, scrubbed in tires, and got familiar with the car. During this session we found tire rubbing on the rear bumper mounts and inside the rear quarter panels. A small sledge hammer and a cut-off wheel fixed this problem.
Jeremy and I each went out for about 15 minute sessions and everything went great. Later in the day each of us all ran one more session just to have a little fun. It was an absolute blast driving with the other crap boxes on track. In total there were about 30 cars that practiced with a couple of them having major failures. A red MX-6 pulled onto the track with a rod knocking pretty badly. A couple of laps in the motor let go and dumped all of the oil onto the track just before the carousel.
Friday night we got our car tech'd and inspected. We bribed the officials with the use of our welder for the weekend so the inspection process was pretty quick. Any vehicle that went through inspection that appeared to be in too nice a shape got a few licks with the mallett or an additional paint job with fancy neon paint. Teams were bribing the judges with beer, liquor (evan a bottle of Patron), slim jims, shrimp cocktail and steaks (sweet move Team Mullett), and various other things.

Saturday - We got to sleep in a little as they were continuing tech'ing cars from 8-10. At 10:45 we had our drivers meeting with an speech from organizer, Jay Lamm. From there it was to our cars for a start time of 11:30. We were supposed to do about 10 minutes of circling to check transponders but this was a little delayed by multiple cars breaking on track before we even got the green. Team Blue Goose unfortunately blew a motor and had to be towed off track.
Finally we get the green and the action begins. The racing was intense with a large speed margin between quite a few of the teams. Everyone drove clean with great close racing all throughout the track. There were quite a few yellows early as a bunch of cars started breaking. I ran about 1 hr. 45 min. and came in for a drivers change.
Jeremy gets in and we do not gas up as we are still at 5/8's of a tank. Jeremy drives very clean and at about the 20 minute mark we see that he is settling in nicely. He makes some sweet passes including getting 5 cars through T17 and T16 on one lap. Jeremy runs for about 1 hr. and 45 min. and comes in for a driver change.
Clifton gets in and we fill the car completely full of fuel. Clifton's Spec Miata skills show instantly with great momentum driving as he starts clicking off the laps. Towards the end of his stinthe is running hard towards the chicane and has "an incident" that results in another car making contact with the tires at the chicane. We stay under yellow for many laps while the track gets cleared and the tire wall gets rebuilt. Every lap we look and there is no black flag for us. :D The track goes green and first lap here comes the black flag. :cry: Clifton pulls off and into the penalty area and gets out of the car. An official comes over and begins talking to Clifton reminding him to be aware of others on track that might make unexpected moves. We get off with a slap on the wrist and do a driver change.
Matt gets in the car and we put 3 gallons of fuel in just to be safe. On Matt's first lap he spins the car in T1 and hits a cone. The next lap around we get the black flag and we head back to the penalty box again. The officials seemed a little suprised to see us again so soon. Matt goes over the spin the Wheel of Misfortune. It lands on Sarah Palin and Matt has to dress up like a woman and go find a bear that is somewhere around the pit area. The officials see that we are in the lead of the race and have pity on us. They hand us a bag and tell us to hang about 50 christmas tree air fresheners on the roll-bar throughout the car. We hang them all over the roll bar, dash bar, and around the rear-view mirror. The car smells horrible and Matt heads back out on track to finish the day. People on the garage balconies at T16 +17 could smell the air fresheners every lap Matt drove by. With about 30 minutes left in the day Matt gets drilled in the left rear by another car. He begins to complain about the tire rub as he starts to smell the rubber over the air fresheners. We look every lap he drives by but can not see any rubbing of the tire and tell him he is good to go. The day was supposed to end at 6:00 PM but it turns out they extend it to 6:30 because of the late start that morning. At this point we are very glad we put in the additional 3 gallons the previous stop. With 15 minutes left Matt comes over the radio saying the fuel is on empty and he needs gas. Clifton responds by saying "stay out, I guarantee you have at least 5 gallons left". I wonder who told him that? :wink: On the last lap we see the start/finish flagger get the checkered flag in his hand. We were sure he would show it to the Miata that was about 10 seconds from the line. The Miata drives by and no checkered flag. 15 seconds later The SCHWING Team rounds the final turn and we get the checkered flag for P1 after the 1st day!! It ended up the Bikini Racer team was on the same lap as us with the Miata 3 laps behind.

Saturday night - We realize we have a banged-up left rear that was causing the tire to wear on the rear strut. The inside sidewall even had cords exposed in certain spots. Matt gets to work on the strut adjustment while Jeremy and I go in search for a new tire. We search for about 30 minutes and finally Jeremy finds Team Blue Goose and we arrange payment for the tire in the form of cash and a 6-pack of brew (not Keystone). After fixing the tire issue we do routine checks with bleeding the brakes, oil, tire rotation, clean windshield, wax car, etc. Walking through the pits at night was an amazing sight with teams making repairs, doing maintenance, and even swapping motors!

Sunday - The morning came a little earlier with a brief drivers meeting and then to our cars for the start of the race. We altered our fuel strategy slightly to guarantee no fuel issues and planned for 3 stops throughout the 7-hour race session.
I started the race with an approach to stay smooth and clean with no penalties. The racing was "slightly" calmer as there were a handful of vehicles that didn't survive Saturday. I ran exactly 2-hours in the stint and also clicked off our fastest lap of the race @ 1:19.3.
Jeremy gets in and we also put in 6-gallons of fuel. Jeremy runs a super-clean session with some amazing passes. Total stint was 2-hours.
Clifton gets in and we fuel the car up completely. At this point the race is super-tight and I think we are up by only 1-lap. Clifton runs a clean session of 1hr. 30 min. and brings it in for our final stop.
Matt gets behind the wheel and we put in 5-gallons of fuel to bring us home. Throughout the last 1 1/2 hours we preach to Matt to keep it smooth and to point the faster cars by. I think this was the hardest part of the race for Matt to hold back and not race full out. We keep a close eye on the P2 car and stay at virtually the same interval for the entire session. We are watching the clock closely for the last hour and finally we see the black + white flag ready to fly. Matt crosses the finish line taking the checkered flag and the celebration begins!!! It was such an amazing feeling that I can't even describe. We get back to the pits and we are bombarded with people coming up congratulation us, what a great moment. I do remember David Love being one of the first to congratulate us and he even had a Keystone Light tall-boy for me! :D The combination of winning the race and getting a Keystone Light was so emotional I think I teared up a little. What a perfect ending to an amazing event!!

See ya'll at LeMons Texas 2009!

AllZWay
10-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Man the stories and pictures sure make me want to do this event next year.

I need to find some money.... I might could get a car donated.

mitchntx
10-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Damn he's a dead ringer for Garth Algar ...

http://www.orange.co.uk/images/editorial/generalarticle/entertainment/Celebs/Bad_haircuts/waynes_world_sep05_rex_170.jpg

http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/files/schwing_2_473.jpg

Todd Covini
10-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Simply awesome. You guys are awesome! What a great story and amazing victory with a ton of fun built in. Wish I could have made it out there. Events like those are what keeps you coming back to racing again & again at whatever cost. Enjoy the memories forever...

Rob Liebbe
10-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Speaking of coming back......When will Todd Who tranform back into Todd Covini? I'll even venture a guess that some actually miss having him around.

ShadowBolt
10-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Damn he's a dead ringer for Garth Algar ...

http://www.orange.co.uk/images/editorial/generalarticle/entertainment/Celebs/Bad_haircuts/waynes_world_sep05_rex_170.jpg

http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/files/schwing_2_473.jpg

Party on Garth!

JJ

cobra132
10-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Team Schwing puts one into the wall: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQw-QTF2q8U

michaelmosty
10-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Reading the comments it sounds like we are "pro drivers" that beat up on the new guys. :?

AI#97
10-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Reading the comments it sounds like we are "pro drivers" that beat up on the new guys. :?

I wouldn't sweat it man...if we were real pro's we would have properly punted them, waived on the next lap and had our hot track chick go beat up their track slut. Jealousy always seems to culminate in placing blame on the guy in the limelight...apparently because we are A-holes. I will say that this guy wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in the last 2 hours on Saturday...there were a lot of "pro's" out there that would have had him puking in his helmet! :shock: :lol:

rpoz27
10-25-2008, 12:35 PM

I wouldn't sweat it man...if we were real pro's we would have properly punted them, waived on the next lap and had our hot track chick go beat up their track slut. Jealousy always seems to culminate in placing blame on the guy in the limelight...apparently because we are A-holes. I will say that this guy wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in the last 2 hours on Saturday...there were a lot of "pro's" out there that would have had him puking in his helmet! :shock: :lol:

Clifton as your "hot track chick"! LMAO!

Wouldn't worry about the whole thing. There were several asshats at LeMons; y'all weren't one of them from what I saw. You guys just had the misfortune of beating everyone else and becoming an easy target.

The comments by the guy in the shark car don't hold water. When I was out there with them, they had to be watched closely during passes or they'd turn into you. Not sure they even knew there was another car occupying the space. The CRX was just as bad and obviously the corner workers and officials noticed, since that incident "started (their) penalty problems". If the Youtube posts are anything to go by, the whining probably didn't help with the judges, either.

cjlmlml
10-26-2008, 10:14 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25041948@N06/

Formula M pictures.

Not for reproduction without the express written consent of the commissioner.

A v8 can and will win this race.

Shortcutsleeping
10-26-2008, 03:04 PM
http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/ch128.htm

Will be adding pics to the report soon, but here is some reading fodder.

A poll from our drivers showed the cop car, the shark car and the first gen rx7 as the worst drivers we encountered. YMMV.

Costas
cars and such...

Fbody383
10-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Overheard at the Lamborghini Houston track day on Saturday: "The track is kind of greasy; I don't think they've cleaned it since the LeMon race."

cjlmlml
10-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Uber Gallery is up on Jalopnik

http://jalopnik.com/tag/24-Hours-Of-Lemons-Texas/

Alien
10-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Proof that CMC is here to stay.

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/LTX087/1004180667

Rob Liebbe
10-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Or proof that original intent CMC cars will have a place to race.

Waco Racer
10-29-2008, 03:39 PM

Clifton as your "hot track chick"! LMAO!

Wouldn't worry about the whole thing. There were several asshats at LeMons; y'all weren't one of them from what I saw. You guys just had the misfortune of beating everyone else and becoming an easy target.

The comments by the guy in the shark car don't hold water. When I was out there with them, they had to be watched closely during passes or they'd turn into you. Not sure they even knew there was another car occupying the space. The CRX was just as bad and obviously the corner workers and officials noticed, since that incident "started (their) penalty problems". If the Youtube posts are anything to go by, the whining probably didn't help with the judges, either.

yawn

cjlmlml
11-08-2008, 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/formulamracing

I am posting 5 videos of different goings on taken in and around the pits During Lemons...

Check em out

Waco Racer
11-08-2008, 06:10 PM
The rumor going around at TWS today is that there will be a LeMons race in February next year.

AI#97
11-08-2008, 10:48 PM
The rumor going around at TWS today is that there will be a LeMons race in February next year.

In Texas?

wgriffin4
11-08-2008, 11:52 PM
I spoke to Jay Lamm last week and Lemons is going to have 2 races at MSR Houston in 2009. 1 in early spring and 1 in the fall.

Get your cars ready!

michaelmosty
11-09-2008, 12:46 AM
I spoke to Jay Lamm last week and Lemons is going to have 2 races at MSR Houston in 2009. 1 in early spring and 1 in the fall.

Get your cars ready!
Sweet, looks like we have less time than expected to come up with a new theme. Should be fun! :)

Jeremy Gunter
11-09-2008, 02:28 AM
OHHHHHHHHH CRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPP more money needed!

Wirtz
11-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Sweet, looks like we have less time than expected to come up with a new theme. Should be fun! :)

So just trying to learn as a LemonNoob.

What happened to the Shwingmobile? It looked to have surrived pretty good. Just curious.

michaelmosty
11-09-2008, 08:58 PM
It's in great shape and could literally race another LeMons tomorrow if needed. It's in my garage and it will just sit quietly until its next event (either something NASA related or LeMons related).

We were worried that someone might "claim" the car for $500 at the end of the race but I think that is more a rumor. We heard no talk about such subject at all.

I need to send an e-mail to Jay Lamm letting him know we want to run the car again in the next LeMons and he will access a value based upon the condition of the car at the end of the event. My guess is our value will be around $400-450 since we didn't have any major issues.

We are thinking of a new theme just for something different to do next time. I like the A-Team idea by turning the Corolla hatch into a "mini-van"w/ a wing on the back. :)

I think the 2009 schedule is supposed to come out Nov. 15th. You need to do this next year!!!

Wirtz
11-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Hole... Lee... Crap...

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/912005990.html

I'm scared yet strangly attracted....

AI#97
11-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Hole... Lee... Crap...

If it's a 5spd, you need to buy it now. Sell the wheels, get some 15's, keep those seats and get some pimp outfits!!! Woot!!!

David Love AI27
11-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Hole... Lee... Crap...

DUDE!!! GET IT!!! NOW!!!! I'll buy the tires and rims off U to give you money for fixup!!!

not really interested in buying the seats tho.... sorry

cobra132
11-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Keep the seats and the dash and do not clean it up. Theme: pimp-mobile, the judges will love it. You may need therapy after this event. FMR

rpoz27
11-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Keep the seats and the dash and do not clean it up. Theme: pimp-mobile, the judges will love it. You may need therapy after this event. FMR

Distract Mosty and MFW by getting a paddock spot next to them and having hot chicks to lean way into the engine bay on a regular basis while wearing stripper heels and ho' shorts. :lol:

BTW, wanting to do this event indicates the need for therapy.

Shortcutsleeping
11-10-2008, 11:20 AM
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=-erEi6l4CWo

Costas

AI#97
11-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Distract Mosty and MFW by getting a paddock spot next to them and having hot chicks to lean way into the engine bay on a regular basis while wearing stripper heels and ho' shorts. :lol:

Yes! Do that! Ask Daron how well that worked against me at Nationals! :twisted:

David Love AI27
11-10-2008, 01:59 PM

Daron brought hot chicks to nationals???? count me in for next year... wait maybe I'm confussed, please don't say HE was wearing the stripper heels and ho shorts....

Rob Liebbe
11-10-2008, 03:40 PM
I support the inclusion of hot chics at any and all of the events that I attend!!!!!

rpoz27
11-10-2008, 04:05 PM

Daron brought hot chicks to nationals???? count me in for next year... wait maybe I'm confussed, please don't say HE was wearing the stripper heels and ho shorts....

I don't know about you, David. You looked awfully comfortable in lipstick at LeMons and were ogling Martin when he flashed you after the race. :lol:

AI#97
11-10-2008, 04:07 PM

Daron brought hot chicks to nationals???? count me in for next year... wait maybe I'm confussed, please don't say HE was wearing the stripper heels and ho shorts....[/quote]

No, he was just witness to how many times I got whiplash or got caught staring at some hot chick walking around in the paddock. Glenn and I were goofing around yelling across the pits at some girls and I yelled "I'm faaaast!" They turned around and looked at us, glenn points at me and I replied to them, "I'm EASY too!!!"...

I wish ALL of you guys had the chance to go to Nationals because it was almost as much fun as a lemons weekend and ECR's Saturday night activities...except there was like 5 days of it!!!! I finally got to know what Burch meant by "you should have gone!"....

AI#97
11-10-2008, 04:10 PM
I support the inclusion of hot chics at any and all of the events that I attend!!!!!

Aside from the wives of AI/CMC Texas, Mitch was the first to show up with eye candy at ECR....who would have thought!!! :lol:

Thanks Mitch!

mitchntx
11-10-2008, 04:58 PM

Aside from the wives of AI/CMC Texas, Mitch was the first to show up with eye candy at ECR....who would have thought!!! :lol:

Thanks Mitch!

LAW Motorsports sets the bar high in ALL phases of motorsports.

jeffburch
11-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Hmm.
(I wonder if Megan Henderson would come out to watch me at Cresson?)

jb

mitchntx
11-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Hmm.
(I wonder if Megan Henderson would come out to watch me at Cresson?)

jb

I doubt it. The wind might muss her hair. 8)

Shortcutsleeping
12-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Rene posted up his girlfriend's pics from LeMons. All 717 of them! Some great shots of LOTS of cars (our second-place #7 camaro, and the first place blue schwing mobile) and the action and such.

It's cold outside, you aren't working, so here is the link:

http://adriana.12thfloor.com/main.php/v/Car+Stuff/Lemons/Race/Integra+582.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Costas