PDA

View Full Version : New Season...New Changes...New Leadership

Todd Covini
01-23-2008, 12:14 AM
I can't believe I've just posted the 5th Annual Awards Banquet Recap. It seems like just last year we were getting started. At that time, I had an exit strategy and did not think that my work would still have me here in Houston. I'm happy as ever that things continue on, however at the same time need to move on to bigger challenges.

After 5 seasons of Texas AI/CMC racing, your leadership team of Al, Glenn, David as well as Adam really know what it takes to make and keep this series successful in Texas. 5 laps around ANY track and you've pretty much got a handle on where the bumps are and where the turns lead to.

I'm pleased to announce that NASA Texas has asked me to step up to the role of "Director of Directors" for all of their racing series. Our hope is to take the AI/CMC Formula for Success and work with the other series directors to see where we can get the same continuity and success. In this role, I'll also back up Clifton & Adrian as Asst. Race Director when needed.

By no means does this mean "farewell" to Texas AI/CMC. In my new role, I'll work closely with Al and the team as always however my time at the track will now be divided among some of the other series as well. As such, Al Fernandez, with his prior California series director experience will take the lead on day to day operational series direction with the same assistance from David & Glenn.

I'll remain on the National AI & CMC Board of Directors. As I stated, both of these series are my true love. I look forward to working with all of you in the coming season and look forward to all of your help to bring our comeraderie to all of NASA Texas as a group of great racing series!!!

Todd Covini
Chief Series Director
(Not sure of the title just yet.) :wink:

Al Fernandez
01-23-2008, 08:21 AM
I suppose capo di tutti capi is somewhat inapropriate for you Todd. :wink:

I cant think of stronger evidence that what we're doing in AI/CMC is the model to be followed than to have NASA Tx ask Todd to step up and help the other groups in the same fashion. So, in effect, the congratulations goes out to you guys.

This does mean Todd will spend less time with us and more time with others at the track, but he's still an AI and a CMC National director, and lets not forget a CMC competitor...so other than race weekends it should be "business as usual".

Now...on to matters of the new race season we're about to kick off in two and a half weeks. In Texas AI/CMC fashion this means a State of the Union, a tradition I think more groups should take up and certainly one I'm going to continue. So, get a cup of coffee or a beer, depending on the time of day you download, and enjoy:

GlennCMC70
01-23-2008, 11:00 AM
As many of you know i stepped up to become a series director in 2007. i did this to try and make amends for the boat rocking i did in 2005. in 2006 i felt the racers didn't have enough say over their own destiny. this was in large due to the mindset of NASA TX. the end of 2006 was a "coming to Jesus" moment for NASA TX in realizing they couldn't "do it all". so as i was stepping up, the process of change was already under way prior to the 2007 season. as a director during 2007, i was fortunate enough to be allowed to see the "big picture".

getting to the point......
i just wanted to say how proud i am to be a part of this group. over the last 2-3 years AI/CMC Texas has gained a lot of recognition and garnered a lot of respect - and rightfully so. we race hard on the track and we are all a very tight group off the track. we have shown the AI/CMC (NASA) world how we race at home thru our Yearly Video, and we have shown to be a major presence at the NASA Nationals w/ Texas always covering the majority of the top 10 spots compared to other regions. for Texas AI/CMC to be 1/3 the age and 1/3 the size of some of the largest regions in the US, Texas carries a very large stick! I've said many times over, if you can run in the top 5 here, you can win anywhere.

so going forward, i look to 2008 w/ a lot of excitement and anticipation. i look for many of us who are friends to become better friends and to make new friends. i look for the racing to get even better. i look forward to those veterans molding those rookies into great racers. and i look forward to another year serving you guys as an AI/CMC Series Director.

i can always be contacted via this board by PM, email or you can call me. look for my and all series directors contact info on the last page of the series rules.

-Glenn Landrum
NASA TX AI/CMC Series Director