PDA

View Full Version : Probation question regarding those not in attendance

CMC17
04-25-2006, 01:56 PM
Will those that were not in attendance this past weekend be put on mandatory probation at the next event the individual attends? I'm interested in seeing a blanket coverage for everyone involved with this series to make it fair for everyone.

No moaning or pointing fingers, but I do see a need to make sure everyone is subject to the same scenario across the board.

gt40
04-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Will those that were not in attendance this past weekend be put on mandatory probation at the next event the individual attends? I'm interested in seeing a blanket coverage for everyone involved with this series to make it fair for everyone.

No moaning or pointing fingers, but I do see a need to make sure everyone is subject to the same scenario across the board.

.02Can you expand on that a bit? Probation for non-attendees? I think I've missed something...

mitchntx
04-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Damn, Varner ... you sure do think a lot ....

Adam Ginsberg
04-25-2006, 03:06 PM
While I understand where Eric is coming from, realistically, it's no longer necessary.

Robert - Clifton put the entire AI/AIX and CMC race group on probation this past weekend due to the events from March. Overall, it was a successful weekend of racing, although some would not agree with that assessment.

Please check here for more information (http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=183).

Mike Bell
04-25-2006, 04:18 PM
realistically, it's no longer necessary.

Wow, that's quite a statement. Your kidding me, right? So those who attended last event got put on "Black Flag Up your Nether Regions Under a Microscope" probation all weekend but those who weren't there don't get subjected to the same scrutiny the next event they attend???

That's fair, I'm sure Nick and Richard feel really warm and fuzzy right about now. I know I sure do. :roll:

gt40
04-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Robert - Clifton put the entire AI/AIX and CMC race group on probation this past weekend due to the events from March. OK -- I understand. If NASA wants to put me under a microscope, that's fine with me.

Adam Ginsberg
04-25-2006, 08:21 PM
realistically, it's no longer necessary.

Wow, that's quite a statement. Your kidding me, right? So those who attended last event got put on "Black Flag Up your Nether Regions Under a Microscope" probation all weekend but those who weren't there don't get subjected to the same scrutiny the next event they attend???

That's fair, I'm sure Nick and Richard feel really warm and fuzzy right about now. I know I sure do. :roll:

No, I'm not kidding.

You didn't include the most important part of my original statement, Mike.

Please read HERE (http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=183).

Mike Bell
04-26-2006, 07:19 AM
I read it but am still missing some of the logic - perhaps because I wasn't there for the Sunday drivers meeting? While I didn't like the news delivered in Clifton's Saturday meeting I did appreciate the decision to change things in order to try and clean up the racing.

I thought the implementation of those changes had some "tweaking" to be done but felt the racing on Saturday was much improved as a result.

mitchntx
04-26-2006, 07:56 AM
I thought the implementation of those changes had some "tweaking" to be done but felt the racing on Saturday was much improved as a result.

The tweaking will always hurt someone. And unfortunately it did this weekend. It was not good and to NASA'a defense, I think they realized that.

While I wasn't too thrilled about the tweaking, I was pleased to see attempts made to keep track action clean.

If we didn't police it, there wouldn't be a venue in which to run.

What I witnessed Sunday morning was no different than what many of us requested 2 weeks ago.

Problems were voiced and changes made. In reality, what more can we ask for?

NASA13
04-26-2006, 04:51 PM
I think Adam meant to say:
The probabtion was not for individuals, but for the group.
I am sure we can all be on probation again if that pleases you all.
If Todd and I are the only ones on probation I am sure that you can see the problem with that logic. My paint is too fresh to add a target to just yet. :lol:
However if this is what Clifton feels is appropriate then I am fine with it. I have been under the microscope for so long that it would feel funny if I wasnt. I probably wont be racing much more this year anyway and I have switched my focus over to Natl Champion. errr I mean WORLD champion CMC'r.

Todd Covini
04-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Same microscope and New Norms apply to me as well.
I wasn't at the last event, but from what I understand the whole group was put on probation. I have no problem serving my probation.

Bottom line...if there is contact, I think the New Norms are in place. From what I've seen, that involves shoe polish and driver points. Polish at the next event is going to get the microscope and potentially incur points...

-=- T

PS- Does this mean I'll also get my ice cream at the next event too? :wink:

jeffburch
04-27-2006, 06:22 AM

It's the home teams responsibility for hospitality.
Let's see if Team Houston can beat Team DFW @ MSRH in May.

jb

CMC17
04-27-2006, 09:05 AM

It's the home teams responsibility for hospitality.
Let's see if Team Houston can beat Team DFW @ MSRH in May.

jb

The challenge has been set!!!! Oh..uh.. could we borrow Mitch as a honorary TH member? :D

CMC17
04-27-2006, 09:09 AM
I think Adam meant to say:
The probabtion was not for individuals, but for the group.
I am sure we can all be on probation again if that pleases you all.
If Todd and I are the only ones on probation I am sure that you can see the problem with that logic. My paint is too fresh to add a target to just yet. :lol:
However if this is what Clifton feels is appropriate then I am fine with it. I have been under the microscope for so long that it would feel funny if I wasnt. I probably wont be racing much more this year anyway and I have switched my focus over to Natl Champion. errr I mean WORLD champion CMC'r.

Was your name Houdini in a previous life? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: