PDA

View Full Version : Thanks from JG

chicane23
02-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Hello All,

I wanted to thank everyone for welcoming me back to NASA/AI.
The racing and competition has sure stepped up, congratulations guys!

Best regards,
John G.
AI #23
www.chicane23.com

Todd Covini
02-10-2008, 10:55 PM
Welcome back, John!
Our 2-time Champion spared no time and found his way back to the winner's circle a few times on Saturday. Congrats to you!!!
The car looks great and I'm sure we'll see more of it in 2008. As you saw this weekend, we all look forward to some continued awesome racing action in AI this year with a very stout field. We've all been dreaming of this day when there would be 4-5+ AI cars "freight training" around the track...and those days are here!!!

-=- Todd

donovan
02-13-2008, 08:32 AM
I guess since my other message was posted after the database went bang! I will post it again.

JG, it was great seeing you at the track again, it was great racing with you!!!

I had a blast! Hope to see you out there soon!

DD

Al Fernandez
02-13-2008, 08:53 AM
hahaha do you think all of them will get recreated?

JG...hell of a show you put on Sat. Glad you're back and looking forward to more. :D

Rsmith350
02-13-2008, 11:33 AM
This is a test of the "emergency re-post system".......this is only a test!

Hey guys just wanted to say to thanks to Micheal Mosty for the great instruction on and off track and to all the 3rd gen guys who gave me invaluable information on my car and how to set it up. I had a blast this weekend and my excitement level and drive to get the car going has increased exponentially! I was really impressed by the support and comdraderie this last weekend and for me is another huge draw to this race series. Thanks again to everyone and hope to see you at Cresson!

P.S. got a call from the rental car guys sayin that they were having to replace the tires on the rental cars due to "vibration" HAHAHA!!! What can your malibu do for you?!?!? LOL

oz98cobra
02-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Welcome back!

It's a pity you woosed out and went home Sunday - we made some changes and found some time overnight, and David remembered to fill his car up - you wouldn't have had it so easy in the long race ;)

AI#97
02-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Welcome back!

It's a pity you woosed out and went home Sunday - we made some changes and found some time overnight, and David remembered to fill his car up - you wouldn't have had it so easy in the long race ;)

He missed out on getting to see the back of my car too! :P

Had he been able to stay, that three way battle with you guys would have been one to watch for sure! I was watching it pretty closely in my mirror and kept seeing David pop out every now and then. sort of couldn't tell though if you guys kept swapping positions because of the similar paint schemes! I am sure the crowd got a good show similar to race 1. Going to be interesting to see how the points play out this year!

oz98cobra
02-13-2008, 12:46 PM
We are going to have some great racing in AI this year - and I don't think it is going to be just a couple of us up front - it was great to see Capps and Irwin back and I have no doubt they will get faster with the cobwebs out and both 05s on track - Frank wasn't very far behind the leaders this weekend and continues to turn personel best laps at every event, so it won't be long before he is right up there - Chris L will be back in March with a much improved car and same goes for Marshall ...

We could see some 10+ car AI fields soon with little more than a couple of seconds between them all - can't wait!

oz98cobra
02-13-2008, 12:48 PM
And Glenn, it is an AI motor you are putting back in that Camaro right?? :twisted:

We need more F bodys in AI!

Todd Covini
02-13-2008, 12:50 PM
It wasn't too long ago that the CMC leaders worked their way up and past Frank. This weekend, he stayed in eyesight of the AI leaders and always in front of the CMC pack! Nice job and before long, it'll be onto the AI podium again!!

donovan
02-13-2008, 12:59 PM
I watched the R3 last night... WOW! That was awesome!

I will see if I can't get it off my camera tonight and uploaded, its exciting if you like watching 34 minutes of Daron/Mason's bumper!!!

Holly watched it with me and was cheering the whole time, she thought it was awesome that we were side by side on T17 of the last lap of a 40 minute race!!!

Oh, and Holly watched R2, and according to her, I won!!! :D :P :twisted:

DD

Todd Covini
02-13-2008, 01:04 PM
I think I even heard JG say that he had nothing for you (except a few gallons of gas) during R2 David! It was all yours from Race Control and an exciting race to watch!!!

(I have to admit...for the first time in years, I followed the AI race more than the CMC race!!! :lol: )

-= Todd

AI#97
02-13-2008, 01:10 PM
I think I even heard JG say that he had nothing for you (except a few gallons of gas) during R2 David! It was all yours from Race Control and an exciting race to watch!!!

(I have to admit...for the first time in years, I followed the AI race more than the CMC race!!! :lol: )

-= Todd

I should have stayed in for race 2 and just offloaded some gas out of my cap into David's tank! You have no idea how much I want to put my hands around someone's neck at Autozone!!!!

I am just kicking myself about not having the camera for race 1... I just bought a new one that should be here by the end of the week so I can test it this weekend at cresson. Then I will have two going and hope to do some different angles than just out the front.

donovan
02-13-2008, 01:22 PM

-= Todd

Its been said before... "Races are not always won on the track!"

DD

AI#97
02-13-2008, 04:07 PM
And Glenn, it is an AI motor you are putting back in that Camaro right?? :twisted:

We need more F bodys in AI!
Oh, now that WOULD be some good eatin'!!! An F-body to chew on!!! :twisted:

jeffburch
02-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Why I oughtta...............

jb

AI#97
02-13-2008, 04:44 PM

jb

Switch to AI? You are running pretty good times to make the jump already! :lol:

chicane23
02-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Welcome back!

I had no plans to stay for Sunday as the race was to late for me. I had to be in Seattle Monday morning and that race would have got me home way to late.
I will not make the next race either as I will be in Hawaii with the family.
So you guys have plenty of time to work on your car. You all going to need it.

I had some handling issues and big brake issues so I have my work cut out for me.

Best regards,
John G.
www.chicane23.com

chicane23
02-13-2008, 05:01 PM

jb

Kind of amazing you are not running AI, with those lap times.

chicane23
02-13-2008, 05:04 PM

-= Todd

That is very true! You are the man David D.
Your car was great through the corners and in the braking zones.
Great job!

John G.
www.chicane23.com

chicane23
02-13-2008, 05:05 PM
I should have stayed in for race 2 and just offloaded some gas out of my cap into David's tank!

Good thing you didn't it would have been just another disapointment for you.

:shock:

John G.
www.chicane23.com

jeffburch
02-13-2008, 05:33 PM

jb

Kind of amazing you are not running AI, with those lap times.

Is this a complement or accusation?
Thank you, if it's the former.

jb

chicane23
02-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Is this a complement or accusation?
Thank you, if it's the former.

jb

It was neither to be honest.

Best regards,
John G.
www.chicane23.com

donovan
02-14-2008, 04:23 PM

-= Todd

That is very true! You are the man David D.
Your car was great through the corners and in the braking zones.
Great job!

John G.
www.chicane23.com

Thanks JG, coming from you that means a lot!

I am looking forward to when you get your car turning better and the brakes fixed, its going to be a great season! We all have some work to do!

Its exciting to think we have this many fast cars in Texas, I'm curious to see how many of us in AI make it to Nationals! If we can get 4 or 5 of us there, we should be able to give the Texas Region a great showing based on how I ran with the other regions in 2007.

DD

AI#97
02-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Its exciting to think we have this many fast cars in Texas, I'm curious to see how many of us in AI make it to Nationals! If we can get 4 or 5 of us there, we should be able to give the Texas Region a great showing based on how I ran with the other regions in 2007.

DD

I would say we could sweep the podium...as long as I am in the middle!!! ;)

chicane23
02-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks JG, coming from you that means a lot!

I am looking forward to when you get your car turning better and the brakes fixed, its going to be a great season! We all have some work to do!

DD

David your car really looked good out there!
Should be a fun year for AI...as long as it stays clean! ;-)

BTW, not sure if I got the chance to thank you, but thanks for running out of gas! :lol:

donovan
02-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Its all good! :)

I would rather you had passed me while racing 10/10th... but it is what it is.

By the way, My Toyo's showed up today! Thanks again!
DD

chicane23
02-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Its all good! :)

I would rather you had passed me while racing 10/10th... but it is what it is.

By the way, My Toyo's showed up today! Thanks again!
DD

Yea, I know what you are talking about. The problem is I was not going to make the pass that round. ;-)

Glad your tires showed up! Speaking of...I need to get the forms for my Toyo bucks. :-) Anyone have them handy?

Al Fernandez
02-15-2008, 10:53 AM
http://www.nasaproracing.com/news/2007/Toyo.html

chicane23
02-17-2008, 09:21 PM
http://www.nasaproracing.com/news/2007/Toyo.html

Thank you Sir!

bossskip302
02-18-2008, 04:43 AM
Hello gents, I'm glad to see all is getting along better, Scott and I plan to make the remainder of the races, had a family death two weeks ago and I was in the Hospital with aute exasperation...wtf that means.
Lots to catch up on
Skip

donovan
02-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Good to hear from you Skip, Hope to see you soon!!!

DD