PDA

View Full Version : Round Two....Schedule?

Shortcutsleeping
02-25-2008, 12:26 AM
The 'schedule' link that I can find is inop and goes to a blank page. Does anyone have a schedule for this event?

Also, when registering you can register for 'extra sessions'. Anyone clue me in on that? When do you get those? in HPDE? or time trial?

Thanks,

Costas
cars and such...

Todd Covini
02-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Schedule won't be available until the week before, but you can basically go by the Round 1 schedule. They don't change much.
Extra sessions are had in HPDE 3/4.

Hope to see you out there!

-=- Todd

AI#97
02-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Schedule won't be available until the week before, but you can basically go by the Round 1 schedule. They don't change much.Extra sessions are had in HPDE 3/4.

-=- Todd

I hope you are wrong about that...this 4pm 40 minute race stuff is for the birds...especially when Qual is at 10am or sooner.

ShadowBolt
02-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Schedule won't be available until the week before, but you can basically go by the Round 1 schedule. They don't change much.Extra sessions are had in HPDE 3/4.

-=- Todd

I hope you are wrong about that...this 4pm 40 minute race stuff is for the birds...especially when Qual is at 10am or sooner.

Yeah! How about four 20 minute races so we don't sit for hours doing nothing?

JJ

Todd Covini
02-25-2008, 11:28 AM
You're right about the 4PM 40 minute race.
Clifton's been trying to rotate the Sunday afternoon races so that the same group doesn't get the short stick.
We'll work on that soon..
I believe the default schedule is for 3 races per weekend 2-20s and a 40.
We'll work it out with the series directors and Clifton.

-=- T

AI#97
02-25-2008, 11:55 AM
You're right about the 4PM 40 minute race.
Clifton's been trying to rotate the Sunday afternoon races so that the same group doesn't get the short stick.
We'll work on that soon..
I believe the default schedule is for 3 races per weekend 2-20s and a 40.
We'll work it out with the series directors and Clifton.

-=- T

the two 20's and a 40 is fine...rotating the "last man standing" is fine but suggest it always be a group with low car count...not the PREMIER SHOW for the event! ;)

Adam Ginsberg
02-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Awwww crap...are we gonna let Costas in the gate?? ;)

jeffburch
02-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Where will a GT1 car class in NASA?

jb

Shortcutsleeping
02-25-2008, 04:39 PM
GT1???...nah...it's just a loud 4th gen painted black with a pimpy bodykit. I'm figuring AI...or maybe AIX at the MOST... 8)

(SHUTUP ADAM!!!!) :wink: :wink:

The book says SU. That way I don't have to worry about weight/dyno/blah blah blah. I LOVE the SU rules. They are the cat's meow.

Of course, the car has to survive the DoubleNational the weekend before, but I've got my fingers crossed!

Costas

Todd Covini
02-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Yup....you'll be in SU which is typically with ST. You'll race with Martin's GTS group and Mixon's ST group but we (AI/CMC) may get to practice with you, Costas. (We typically combine the practice session.)

-=- T

AI#97
02-25-2008, 06:16 PM
GT1???...nah...it's just a loud 4th gen painted black with a pimpy bodykit. I'm figuring AI...or maybe AIX at the MOST... 8)
Costas

What's keeping the car out of AI? I need Toyo Bucks! ;)

jeffburch
02-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Tube frame?????
:lol:
jb

Shortcutsleeping
02-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Tube car, waaaaay to wide a body, too wide a wheels, illegal body, radial slicks, jerico....did you guys start allowing CNC 18deg bowtie heads?

But hey...if YOU GUYS are willing to overlook it all, I will too.

<goes to slap 'AI' decals on side of car> :wink:

Costas
cars and such...

AI#97
02-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Tube car, waaaaay to wide a body, too wide a wheels, illegal body, radial slicks, jerico....did you guys start allowing CNC 18deg bowtie heads?

But hey...if YOU GUYS are willing to overlook it all, I will too.

<goes to slap 'AI' decals on side of car> :wink:

Costas
cars and such...

Hmmmm....Bring it! :twisted: I am up for a challenge!!! :lol:

RichardP
02-25-2008, 09:32 PM

The body, jerico, and heads are legal in AIX. Actually, the heads are legal in AI although they would hardly be a good choice for that class. The other stuff might be legal if I knew the dimensions. Probably not, though.

The tube frame and the slicks are deal breakers, however, acording to the rules...

Richard P.

MCain
02-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Yup....you'll be in SU which is typically with ST. You'll race with Martin's GTS group and Mixon's ST group but we (AI/CMC) may get to practice with you, Costas. (We typically combine the practice session.)

-=- T

Dang. I'm going to have to watch my mirrors now! :)

Shortcutsleeping
02-26-2008, 12:33 AM
<Finally scanned AI/AIX rules>

They allow a LOT of mods for a tub car...kinda like the autocross class CP 'ship in a bottle' thing.

IIRC, my car is ~80" wide and so I guess the body is legal if you were to tuck the tires way inside the fenders!!! My front wheels are an inch too wide and the rears are two inches too wide :shock:

No minimum weight for 4 or 6 cyl cars...that part is interesting. I guess that's until someone builds one and whups everyone? :D

I've gotta make up some letters for the car...so I can make AIX just as easy as SU. 8) 8)

Hope to see you all at Cresson!

Costas
cars and such...

Al Fernandez
02-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Tell you what...you put Toyos on that thing, and we'll see about ignoring the other things :wink:

jeffburch
02-26-2008, 08:38 AM
You sure about that?
http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/ch83pic13.jpg
http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/ch83pic12.jpg

Todd Covini
02-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Yeah....as long as the firewall and shock towers are in tact, "nearly" anything else goes in AIX. :lol:

See you soon, Paul!

-=- Todd

Rsmith350
02-26-2008, 05:42 PM
MY GOD JB!!! It's camaro-zilla!! That is one sweet lookin car!

Just caught a glimpse of the ATM car club sticker! GIG'EM!!!!!

AI#97
02-26-2008, 05:59 PM
You sure about that?
http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/ch83pic13.jpg
http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/ch83pic12.jpg

Hmmm, that would present and intresting chase... :lol:

Shortcutsleeping
03-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Tell you what...you put Toyos on that thing, and we'll see about ignoring the other things :wink:

Well...I've searched and can't find Toyos. I *DO* have some old BFGs that will fit, will that work? <crosses fingers>

Rsmith, are you an Ag? Going to the 40th tamscc reunion?

Costas
cars and such...

rpoz27
03-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Costas, try http://www.argentlab.com/ for Toyos.

Rsmith350
03-02-2008, 05:14 PM
was never part of the sports car club but rode with the aggie motorcycle club some.

Shortcutsleeping
03-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Costas, try http://www.argentlab.com/ for Toyos.

Let me clarify.

I can find toyos....just not toyos that are big enough for my rims. They are 12" wide in the front and 13" wide in the back. 8) 8)

That's why I counter-offered on the BFGs as they were the spec tire for T/A and are very hard/durable/lastlongtime/notgofast.

:D

Costas
cars and such...

Al Fernandez
03-03-2008, 08:22 AM
So what sort of lap times do you turn at msr-c? I have no problems with the concept of you running in our group, we can easily declare a fun run. To be fair to others, we'll need to ensure you'll either walk away or otherwise not affect race results. I think we can work it out so you can hang out with the clan and be on the same schedule. That'll make it a more fun weekend for you I'd think.

Shortcutsleeping
03-03-2008, 02:18 PM
I've only ran the car once on a real track and that was VIR for the UTCC last July. I'll be running it this weekend at the TWS Double National (assuming all keeps going ok) and then hopefully the NASA #2 at Cresson....SOooo....no clue what times it will turn. Heck, I just got back from dyno'ing it this morning! :D

I have mixed feelings about running with CMC/AI and it is mostly to preserve your racing. Starting out, I got my first seat time in ASedan back before they were a National class and so we ran with the IT cars. While I loved the traffic management lessons, I strived very hard to never effect the outcome of another class' race. When passing cars in groups I made sure I passed them all or I waited till a place I could do so (assuming I wasnt in a battle that moment also). Ditto for running S2 or IT, if leaders came up on me I always tried to let them past as a pack so as not to effect their race. I know that technically 'its all racing', but the last thing I want to do is cause someone not to catch someone else, or interrupt some good dicing and have that effect the year-end-standings.

That, and my little clutch no likey standing starts!! If I was in the front I'm sure some (most? all?) guys would walk me pretty bad (that, and my first gear is DEEEEEEEP)! So I'd probably have to start in the back and then work my way up as I could.

Hopefully we'll get combined practice and that will for sure be fun. We can chat about options at the track. 8) 8)

Costas
cars and such...

jeffburch
03-03-2008, 05:58 PM
I wish you and Countryman would get those hooptie B4C's prepped ( :lol: ) for CMC!

jb

Shortcutsleeping
03-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Let's see...CMC or Scratcher...hmmm... :shock:

I keeeed I keeeeed!! CMC may one day be in my future but SCCA will have to allow them it ITR or something. It is stupid to have this many comp cars and NOT allow them to run with scca. GHEY. My schedule is hectic and I like have both organizations to run with. 8)

HOWEVER, I have talked some of my crewdogs into CMC and one just bought a car yesterday and should be working towards his license later this year. Another crewdog is looking hard. I already sent you the Alien (Gary Robertson) and he'll race his FIRST race (sniff sniff) at Cresson with you guys! I'm a big believer in CMC (assuming you guys can stop rules creep...which, to me, is what killed ASedan :roll: ) and keep my eyes on you guys.

Lastly, I'd likely start with a shell for a CMC effort. Miss B4C gets too good a gas mileage and blows cold ac and is entirely WAY too much fun to daily drive to make into a car-that-is-raced. Besides, I have enough hard spares to not need to tear her up anyway! :o

Costas
cars and such...

AI#97
03-03-2008, 06:40 PM
rules creep? What is that?! :roll:

Is that when the Extreme class can't field enough cars so you let the mid level class reach a little further to strengthen the plot?!

Jeremy Gunter
03-03-2008, 07:19 PM
FYI, I have decided that once I finish my car, get my license, and get rid of the pretty orange R, I will race AI, just so they can have enough people to get toyo bucks... I know those guys deserve the rewards, and I get time at the front of the CMC field.... :P

AI#97
03-03-2008, 09:57 PM
FYI, I have decided that once I finish my car, get my license, and get rid of the pretty orange R, I will race AI, just so they can have enough people to get toyo bucks... I know those guys deserve the rewards, and I get time at the front of the CMC field.... :P

Now THAT is a novel idea on how to repay me for the help during you build!!!!! What a guy!

Al Fernandez
03-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Alright then...sounds like we'll just play it by ear that weekend.

PS..get a real clutch. Real road races start from a standstill :wink: :lol:

Shortcutsleeping
03-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Sadly, I won't make it up there with Scratcher this weekend. :(

*caution = blood in some pics...not for the easily squeamish!*
http://www.witchdoctormotorsports.com/ch96.htm

I may come up to help some friends though and could help instruct if needed. Not sure yet.

Costas

edit to add blood warning...

jeffburch
03-12-2008, 06:19 AM
OUCH!
Been there, done that.

Glad your ok.

jb

GlennCMC70
03-12-2008, 07:47 AM
another F-body recieving the blood sacrafice it demands in order to run up front. :shock:

y5e06
03-12-2008, 08:25 AM
another F-body recieving the blood sacrafice it demands in order to run up front. :shock:

hmmmm, didn't know that.... [runs to get sharp knife]