PDA

View Full Version : tire tech

ShadowBolt
03-03-2008, 01:52 PM
I read that you should not leave your race tires inflated between races. Should I put the car on jack stands and let the air out? I leave my car on the trailer in a garage between races. No light gets to the tires but I don't know what else to do to get the most out of my hard earned tire money.

JJ

AI#97
03-03-2008, 02:17 PM
I read that you should not leave your race tires inflated between races. Should I put the car on jack stands and let the air out? I leave my car on the trailer in a garage between races. No light gets to the tires but I don't know what else to do to get the most out of my hard earned tire money.

JJ
Hmm, wonder if I shouldn't have left the air in these tires since 2005 while they were sitting up in the attic? Seems they worked pretty good given the new AI lap record! ;)

Lots of things you "should" or could do, but tires are designed to HOLD air...Can't see what that difference would make unless you remove the weight of the car from them so they stay round while sitting for so long...

Personally, I wouldn't sweat it because that means more work of jacking up the car and putting air BACK in them! :lol:

ShadowBolt
03-03-2008, 02:45 PM

JJ
Hmm, wonder if I shouldn't have left the air in these tires since 2005 while they were sitting up in the attic? Seems they worked pretty good given the new AI lap record! ;)

Lots of things you "should" or could do, but tires are designed to HOLD air...Can't see what that difference would make unless you remove the weight of the car from them so they stay round while sitting for so long...

Personally, I wouldn't sweat it because that means more work of jacking up the car and putting air BACK in them! :lol:

My kind of guy. I have yet to unload the car between races. I even installed the Painful wiring kit with the car on the trailer.

Jerry

AllZWay
03-03-2008, 04:13 PM
[quote="AI#97"][quote=ShadowBolt]My kind of guy. I have yet to unload the car between races. I even installed the Painful wiring kit with the car on the trailer.

Jerry

Normally I leave my car on the trailer for weeks before unloading and doing the prep work that is required to have it off the trailer. I can do many things with it still on the trailer.

ShadowBolt
03-03-2008, 04:23 PM
[quote=AI#97][quote=ShadowBolt]My kind of guy. I have yet to unload the car between races. I even installed the Painful wiring kit with the car on the trailer.

Jerry

Normally I leave my car on the trailer for weeks before unloading and doing the prep work that is required to have it off the trailer. I can do many things with it still on the trailer.

I did not know why the trailer I got from Eric didn't have any boards in the middle but I can change oil in the motor, trans, and rear end by sliding under the trailer between the boards. I don't know if that is why the boards are not there but it works for me.

JJ

Al Fernandez
03-04-2008, 04:34 PM
Prep work? I thought ensuring the tie downs are still tight was the prep work? Or are you talking about hooking the trailer to the truck? :lol:

Rob Liebbe
03-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Prep work? I thought ensuring the tie downs are still tight was the prep work? Or are you talking about hooking the trailer to the truck? :lol:

And some wonder why Landrum, Burch, and John George are so successful - PREP is KEY!!!!

No ask me why I run in the middle of the pack - it's because I don't prep and develope the car. When I do pay attention to develpoment, the car and driver get faster.

That being said, I haven't even washed the car since Houston. I did, however, remove the quad shocks from the rear suspension!!!!!!!!

AI#97
03-04-2008, 07:31 PM
And some wonder why Landrum, Burch, and John George are so successful - PREP is KEY!!!!

Hmmm, I haven't done beans to my heap for over 2 years until this last weekend....wonder why I have been doing so well? :P

GlennCMC70
03-04-2008, 08:05 PM

Hmmm, I haven't done beans to my heap for over 2 years until this last weekend....wonder why I have been doing so well? :P

nice Rob...
see what happens when you leave Matt's name out? :roll: