PDA

View Full Version : Dyno cert. ???

CMC17
04-27-2006, 03:15 PM
If I don't get the other motor in my car and I decide to do a tune-up on CMC17, will I be required to re-dyno it and get a current certification?

Spark plugs, wires, rotor and cap?

If I take off my throttle body and MAF to clean them and change to a little bit thicker OEM gasket?

I just want to make sure I won't be violating any rules by making a change and not taking the car to the dyno. Wouldn't seem right to make more HP and not have to get a new sticker..etc.

Thoughts from one of you director types??

mitchntx
04-27-2006, 05:12 PM
According to Adam, for the GMs, we have to recert if we fill up the gas tank ... we could be cheating with high octane voodoo ... :roll:

Seriously ... I was told that ANYTHING that could POTENTIALLY CHANGE power/torque required a recert ...

So a tune up falls within that category as I understand it.

GlennCMC70
04-27-2006, 05:29 PM
plugs, wires, O2's, ..... things like that. the MAF would also fall under that as its part of the air/fuel loop.

FYI, i still have changed plugs or O2's since i first fired the motor back in Feb 05! something like 65 20 minute sessions on them. guess i need to @ least pull them an look @ them.

Adam Ginsberg
04-27-2006, 09:25 PM
Mitch nailed it - ANY change to the motor that could change HP/TQ readings REQUIRES a recert. That goes for AI and CMC.

So.....if you tune up CMC #17, Eric, you'll have to recert. For Mitch, any time he shows up at the track, he has to recert. :lol: