PDA

View Full Version : Forms, CCR's, and Class rules - PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

Adam Ginsberg
03-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Folks - please be sure to REGULARLY check and download the various rules, forms, etc.

The CCR's change almost monthly - they are now on rev 10.

The medical form has changed from 2007. Be sure to carefully read the first page regarding when renewals are required.

2007 Medical Form (mine is dated 04 Jan 2007 @ 6:52pm )

Renewals:
Applicants less than 36 years old must submit a new physical every five years or as required by their physician.
Applicants that are at least than 36 years old must renew their Medical Examination every 24 months.
Applicants that are at least than 60 years old must renew their Medical Examination every 12 months.

2008 Medical Form (DL'd from the NASA ProRacing website this morning, dated 21 Dec 2007 @ 7:27pm ):

Renewals:
Applicants less than 40 years old must submit a new physical every five years or as required by their physician.
Applicants that are at least than 40 years old must renew their Medical Examination every three years.
Applicants that are at least than 50 years old must renew their Medical Examination every two years.
Applicants that are at least than 60 years old must renew their Medical Examination every 12 months.

Your comp license indicates when the medical is supposed to expire - it appears NASA hasn't updated the comp licenses to match the medical form. Today, I've been in contact with NASA National to obtain clarification on this issue.

Stay tuned.....

GlennCMC70
03-11-2008, 11:15 AM
i like those intervals alot better. makes alot more sence.

Adam Ginsberg
03-11-2008, 02:41 PM
NASA, working with their doctors, adopted the SCCA's standards for medical evaluation time frames, hence the updated medical form.

If you are 18-39, physicals are required every 5 years.

If you are 40-49, physicals are required every 3 years.

If you are 50-59, physicals are required every 2 years.

If you are 60+, physicals are required every 12 months.

As such, if you submitted your medical in 2007, and are between the ages of 40-49, your medical will now expire in 2010, not 2009. My point in explaining this is your 2008 Competition License may have the wrong date printed on it (like mine does). NASA is repairing this on a case-by-case basis. My suggestion is to send Dave Ho an email, and request an updated license to reflect the change.

Todd Covini
03-11-2008, 08:03 PM
Great job on the license update, Adam.
I had no idea and you've gotten me a 1 year "old-man" extension!

-=- Todd