PDA

View Full Version : Carbotech CMC and CMC-2 contingency

Al Fernandez
03-12-2008, 10:19 PM
I am really excited to announce a new contingency from Carbotech for Texas region CMC and CMC-2 racers! Well, ok, it applies to Ca. CMC and CMC-2 also, but lets get back to the important stuff...starting immediately (meaning this very weekend) Carbotech will be awarding certificates worth $80 for each of the two classes, for two races a weekend.

Their rule is a $50 cert goes to 1st place, and a $30 cert for a driver of "our choice". We'll have some fun with that $30 one...random, most positions picked up, we can change it around and spread the wealth! Cars are to have Carbotech decals in order to be elligible. Now, we havent received our lot of decals, so we wont worry about that piece of it for this weekend.

Considering the already excellent prices we get from Carbotech (through Tony G) getting another $320 per weekend is really great.

For you AI guys...this is a trial from Carbotech (notice its Ca and Tx only as well, not all the other regions) so hopefully they'll enjoy doing it and have some fun and get some good feedback...so they end up expanding the program.

GlennCMC70
03-12-2008, 10:48 PM
that means if i gave you a suit patch from Carboteck, you better have it on your suit!

BryanL
03-13-2008, 07:42 AM
Thats great. I just put on new carbotechs from Tony. Will look and see if there was a sticker in the box.

Suit patches? You mean I have to learn how to sew for this racing stuff?

AllZWay
03-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Patch is already on and I bought pads from Tony already.

Bryan...there was no sticker in my box.

mitchntx
03-16-2008, 08:59 PM
I am really excited to announce a new contingency from Carbotech for Texas region CMC and CMC-2 racers! Well, ok, it applies to Ca. CMC and CMC-2 also, but lets get back to the important stuff...starting immediately (meaning this very weekend) Carbotech will be awarding certificates worth $80 for each of the two classes, for two races a weekend.

Their rule is a $50 cert goes to 1st place, and a $30 cert for a driver of "our choice". We'll have some fun with that $30 one...random, most positions picked up, we can change it around and spread the wealth! Cars are to have Carbotech decals in order to be elligible. Now, we havent received our lot of decals, so we wont worry about that piece of it for this weekend.

Considering the already excellent prices we get from Carbotech (through Tony G) getting another $320 per weekend is really great.

For you AI guys...this is a trial from Carbotech (notice its Ca and Tx only as well, not all the other regions) so hopefully they'll enjoy doing it and have some fun and get some good feedback...so they end up expanding the program.

What is the procedure for cashing in on this great promotion?

Al Fernandez
03-17-2008, 07:14 AM
I am waiting for a package from Ca with details and I will have everything for those deserving and you next race weekend. 8)

y5e06
03-17-2008, 09:07 AM
a $30 cert for a driver of "our choice". We'll have some fun with that $30 one...random, most positions picked up, we can change it around and spread the wealth!

Spinny Mc Al, who ended up with these?

BryanL
03-17-2008, 09:27 AM
And which races were picked? I assume prior to a race weekend the races should be designated as well as what the parameters for the random award will be.

mitchntx
03-17-2008, 09:32 AM
And which races were picked? I assume prior to a race weekend the races should be designated as well as what the parameters for the random award will be.

Good question ... I assumed it would be the tire races ... but, makes a difference on Saturday.

And it's ACTUAL finishing results and not those that are massaged. :wink:

GlennCMC70
03-17-2008, 09:32 AM

i'm sure the randome will be just that, random. it will go to anyone who stands out for whatever reason each weekend.

other wise the "Toyo Races" will get the other awards. Toyo Races is not a good word - COntingency Races is more like it. those are R1 and R3 each weekend (races you have a qual session for).

Al Fernandez
03-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Quite right Glenn, contingency race is more appropriate, and those are the races that will determine who gets the $50 for winning.

Pending clarification, it is my understanding right now that the non-winner awards are up to us to hand out. So, my preference would be to make it such that the wealth is shared. I like hard luck awards, most positions gained, best save, luckiest move, random drawings, etc. I also like the flexibility to mix things up.

SO...lets hear some feedback: how do YOU think it should go? My only requirement is that the format be known prior to the start of the actual race. (aint a huge amount of money, but we want to be fair)

For the record, for this last weekend (since we know the outcome) we'll do a random draw during our next driver's meeting.

Wirtz
03-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Most degrees of rotation in a session? (bonus points if it involves pitch as well as yaw... just kidding)

Most positions gained or lost?

Hard luck (like spark plugs popping off on the warm up lap, hint hint ;) )

Longest tow?

Best air while curb hopping (one of my favs from watching the Aussie V8 Supercars)