PDA

View Full Version : Round 2

Al Fernandez
03-17-2008, 07:40 AM
Tremendous weekend huh? 24 cars, definitely the highest car count since I've been here. Plus three in TT that are actively building their cars. The racing was intense and fast with intense door to door racing going on everywhere. In the words of one of the corner workers when asked if a cone on the track was on the racing line: "everywhere is the racing line in this group!"

I cant tell you guys how much fun I have during our race weekends, on and off the track. I feel extremely lucky to be part of all this.

AllZWay
03-17-2008, 07:58 AM
Definitely a lot of fun this weekend. I was a little down with my finish in the invert....but yesterdays freaking battle with first Jeff W...the Glenn... and then Jeff B was incredible.

I think Burch pushed me harder than I have ever been pushed. I am still exhausted. :lol:

ShadowBolt
03-17-2008, 08:13 AM
I also had a blast. I wanted more than anything to get in some door to door. Well I got in 3/4th of a lap before spinning off in Big Bend. I have got to learn how to watch the other cars around me but not miss my braking point. I just fubared the turn watching all the traffic around me. I never hit the brakes and when I turned the rear just snapped around. I am not bummed today because of my finish but because I did not get to run more door to door. I am glad I did not hit anyone.

I do think I won the greatest degree of rotation contest. I did a complete 360 in the grass.

I want to thank JB for telling me about NASA Texas because without Jeff telling me I would never have know about this great group.

I want to also thank Mitch for pulling me to my best laps ever. I was over a second faster in qual following Mitch than I was in the race.

Last I would like to thank my son and teammate Jay for spending these race weekends with me and making them some of the best times in my life!

JJ

jeffburch
03-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Can anybody post the results sheets from R1 & R3?

jb

GlennCMC70
03-17-2008, 09:29 AM
i'm having a hard time feeling anything. seems i had the flu yesterday, cause i know i have it today. :(

there was some really good racing. there are so many folks who are capable of winning any of these races - its just awsome. we are once again seeing some really good growth w/ not only car/driver count, but w/ regards to driving maturity too. i'm glad i'm a part of this.

GlennCMC70
03-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Can anybody post the results sheets from R1 & R3?

jb

i have them. i'll try and post some info later.

AI#97
03-17-2008, 09:35 AM
I too want to thank the entire group for a fun weekend!

Thanks to Donovan for getting me to push harder than I have in 3 years as I had to work hard to make up for a couple of early mistakes in race 1 and then had to overcome a few obstacles on track in Race 2 to keep chasing him down...all the while the Downunder team was right on my ass keeping me honest. No room for error! :lol: Probably the hardest, most action packed driving I have ever had since 2006.

I also want to thank the CMC/2 guys in the 40 minute. I did my best to not mess up your battles as I came through. My first reaction when I came up behind you guys was "oh shit! How is this going to work?!" I hope all worked out well because I just wanted as many of you guys between me and David as I could get!

Great weekend as usual with this group!

Thanks!

Matt

mitchntx
03-17-2008, 09:38 AM
I also want to thank the CMC/2 guys in the 40 minute. I did my best to not mess up your battles as I came through. My first reaction when I came up behind you guys was "oh shit! How is this going to work?!" I hope all worked out well because I just wanted as many of you guys between me and David as I could get!

I know I held you up through the 3 turns on the back side. But I couldn't afford to lose momentum with that 8 car ready to cut my throat.

I tried to time things to let all of you through without too much pain.

I was afraid I had really hosed Mason, though.

Wirtz
03-17-2008, 10:05 AM
I want to throw in my "thank you" to the whole gang as well. It was alot of fun being back out at the track with everyone. Liz was trying to discribe all the action in R3 and having a tough time remembering it all. Hopefully there will be some vidoes folks can post up. I think I got some cool stuff from the start of R2 I'll post.

Jeff

Alien
03-17-2008, 04:59 PM
That has to be the funnest Sunday drives I've ever had. Starting at the back, you get to see a whole-lotta dirt get kicked up. Hope I didn't interfere with anyones race.

AllZWay
03-17-2008, 05:16 PM
That has to be the funnest Sunday drives I've ever had. Starting at the back, you get to see a whole-lotta dirt get kicked up. Hope I didn't interfere with anyones race.

You had a front row seat for Jeff's wild ride didn't you. :lol:

mitchntx
03-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Hope I didn't interfere with anyones race.

Don't be a nice guy ... this crew will take advantage of you.

Drive ANGRY!!!!!

ShadowBolt
03-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Hope I didn't interfere with anyones race.

Don't be a nice guy ... this crew will take advantage of you.

Drive ANGRY!!!!!

Like Mitch did in Little Bend on lap one in R3? That was a hell of a move if you could have made it stick. When you made it I thought......DAMN!!!!! then I watched you slide all the way accross the track in front of me. Damn I enjoied the short time I got to run in the pack!

JJ

y5e06
03-17-2008, 06:44 PM
I had a great weekend!
Thanks Todd and Adam for bringing this series to TX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I love it!!!
Even though the results don't reflect any great finishes, the racing was excellent. Drove the car onto the trailer with very few things to change for next event! Lookin' forward to seeing you guys post some videos.
The members of our group certainly make it the class of NASA

Jeremy Gunter
03-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Al, thanks for the transponder! it allowed me the right to walk over to Steve's truck and stick that nitrogen line in my ear...
Steve, thanks for the nitrogen...

Mosty Brothers, thanks for everything, tools, tips, and waiting for me to finish my last DE... you guys are a class act...
Matt, I don't care what these guys say behind your back... you da man! you brought Katrina to life... gave me advice this weekend, and let us borrow your badass tire gauge... Glenn beware... Matt's da man!
Bryan, thanks for the roof at night, the power during the day, the Honda 50 to ride, and the advice you gave...
JJordan, thanks for the killer deal on the wheels and tires... OHH YEAH, I will send you a PM...

The Rest of Guys, like it has been stated many times before, you guys are a great, inviting group, even to a jackhole like myself... You offer up helpful advice to anyone, anytime... I am honored to be able to hopefully race with each of you someday... it's a great group and thanks for the amazing weekend...

Ross... I hope you get your car finished soon... Rentals are fun, but I'm sure you are ready to have some power under your hood... you are ticking off some amazing times for the car you're in, I can't wait to meet you on the track when we get our numbers, and those cute little orange plates...

AI#97
03-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Matt, I don't care what these guys say behind your back... you da man! you brought Katrina to life... gave me advice this weekend, and let us borrow your badass tire gauge... Glenn beware... Matt's da man!

YOu can put my name on the write in line in November! ;)

Jeremy Gunter
03-17-2008, 09:21 PM
:?:

Adam Ginsberg
03-17-2008, 09:37 PM
First off, huge mega thanks to Boudy and Argent Labs for his continued support of our series, and our racers.

Sat R1 was a huge blast - taking the lead in CMC, with Burch hot on my bumper...only to have him take it away ~1.25 laps from the checker. I'll make it even harder on you next time, JB.

Sunday R3's qual was a disappointment, but the racing was close everywhere. My sincerest apologies for accidentally "Poe-ing" Steve Mulder - totally my fault, and it won't happen again.

Morgan did a fantastic job holding me off lap after lap. Nice work!

And...as much as I hate to admit it....I actually gave Matt White a point by. Guess which finger? ;)

Huge kudos goes to Steve for his quick thinking on the second to the last lap...as I went in on the inside ( Steve's left ), my driver's front brake line popped at the most inopportune time. Steve noticed something was wrong, put on the binders quickly, and allowed me to narrowly miss his front bumper as I went off track right into the grass.

That's 4 brake failures in our group over the past few years - Mosty, Covini, Proctor, and now myself. Every line of my car will be replaced, and lifed out of the car every two years.

Wirtz's 1:23.5xx in Sunday's qual is flip'n insane - nice work, Jeff. Just think - in August of 2003, at our very first AI/CMC event, the lap record in AI was a 1:24.xxx.

Great racing, great friends, great times.

BryanL
03-17-2008, 10:29 PM
I would like to thank my dad and family for making it out to the track. It was great to show them who I am always talking about and why. It may sound corny but I realized a dream this weekend by hanging out with my family some after I raced. Such a good feeling to hold my baby and look around the pits at everyone smiling. I only wish I would have been a little faster and hit my goal of getting in the 27's.

Like Gary I hope I didn't bother anyone while getting lapped. Hopefully it won't last much longer but I still think about the flag telling me that there is a race going on and I am not in it. Gary just has to get his provisional's out of the way and then I'm sure he will bang the nose of his car in like you did Mitch. Now that I can start in front on the invert I will make sure and drive angry against Mitch if I can see the green flag (never saw one) at the next track.

Already talking to the wife about TWS next month. Trying to make plans and would really like to know more about the schedule with the enduro.

Thanks again to Ross and Al for getting the tires/wheels to the track.

And since I got my first win I have to thank Mitch/Glenn as they really helped me get into this group and I know I made the right choice.

Bryan

AI#97
03-18-2008, 07:21 AM
:?:

the presidential election... :roll: I know I have at least 17 others so I feel I have accomplished something for having actually put ZERO dollars into my first presidential campaign! :lol:

Todd Covini
03-24-2008, 07:51 PM
AWESOME weekend folks!!! I'm just returning to "normalcy" and catching up on correspondence after a week away. Overall a great weekend and I can't wait to see our "new" on track group photos!!! That will be a huge difference from when we did it there many years ago!!!

You guys are definately in "sustain mode" and it's completely evident that the series has had enough run time now that y'all can fly solo and manage things going forward.

In my new DoD role, it was also exciting to see many of the other series running things the way it needs to be done.

Spec Miata with Myron Perry's leadership held their driver meetings both days, got to know each other a bit more and even sought the "toy cars" for their own version of the evolution of a pass demo.

Martin Cain has stepped things up in GTS and will have that series up to where we are in half the time! While their car count was a bit low this time around, they've already established their own website forum www.texasgts.org, got season T-shirts (next event :oops: ) and even held their driver meetings and Saturday nite BBQ at one of their racer's trackside condo with F1 big screen and adult libations! (It's the Porsche/BMW crowd boys...what did you expect?!?! :wink: )

In any case, I'm learning to let go of the reigns to the capable hands of Al, Glenn & David and really, really proud to be a part of this LARGE group of great racers! It makes me smile when I watch you guys, on track, off track and (most of the time)....on-line!! :lol:

Let's keep the momentum going....let it seed with our other Texas series and show 'em what "Texas Proud" means at Mid-Ohio this year!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

-=- Todd
Chief of Directors

Todd Covini
03-24-2008, 07:54 PM
....oh....and it's official, effective May 1....my day job is located in Beaumont, TX. I'll likely be busy this summer relocating but I'll still try to get Humpty Dumpty back together again soon to join you guys.

-=- T

AI#97
03-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Sustain mode?

How about "managed growth"?

:wink:

Rsmith350
03-25-2008, 08:22 AM
Todd let me know if you need any help "re-locating" I'm really close to where you are going to be. Be more than happy to help.