PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks this weekend

marshall_mosty
03-17-2008, 01:04 PM
As most of you guys know, Skip and I got together during R1 on Saturday. The contact resulted in a bent wheel and broken tie rod which couldn't be replaced that day, so I missed R2 on Saturday.

Thanks to everyone who came by and offered support to get it back together. Since nothing is "off the shelf" on race cars, I had to have a new tie rod sleeve machined Saturday evening. I picked it up Sunday morning (5am) and headed back to the track. A BIG thanks to Neill Gathings (Fulcrum Motorsports) for driving to damn near Oklahoma to pick them up from his machinist and bringing them back to his house for me to grab early Sunday morning!!! **everyone needs a Fulcrum wing!!**Thanks to Jerry for the use of his A/C outlet and to Glenn and Brian for extension cords which allowed me to shorten the inner tie rod to get it back together.

The cohesive nature of our group is what turns Saturday's lemons into Sunday's lemonaide!

Thanks to everyone for a clean R3 on Sunday. I tried to keep the "aggressive driving" at bay and race nice and clean with no banzai braking manuevers that would catch anyone off guard. 8) It seemed to work. I'll make a habit of that.

I had good little battles with a bunch of you guys as I clawed through the front CMC crowd and part of the AI guys. It was a GREAT race.

I look forward to getting "some" of the damage repaired prior to the enduro and then putting on a 4-hour effort.

Rsmith350
03-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Would like to do some thanking of my own.

Huge, massive, gargantuan thanks to Brian for letting us crash in his trailer the whole weekend and drink his booze! Thanks to "Team Jordan" for the use of the Toyos so that I could turn out an unofficial 1:33 in a freakin rental car. :shock: Thanks to Mosty Racing for all the use of the tools and the fantastic coaching by Mike and Marshall which without, said lap time would not have been possible. :D Big thanks to Todd Covini for the attempted use of his transponder so I could get something on paper. Congrats to Jeremy for putting out an official 1:29 (we're comin up brother!!) And last but not least, Thanks to everybody for getting me hooked on this awesome series and just being generally "that cool" :!: New updates to come on the "willful destruction" thread soon :!:

(If they don't shut it down for being too long) :?: :shock: