PDA

View Full Version : April 18 test and tune at TWS - all your questions answered

rpoz27
03-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Date - April 18

Time - Hot track from 9am til 6pm; lunch from 1-2. Check in will open at 8am.

Format - We'll see...most likely open track, but will depend on numbers and types of entries. Open passing with a point.

Eligibility - Must be HPDE 3 or 4 and have experience at TWS or have a comp license. I will not be providing instructors. I will require your NASA comp license or membership number.

Price - $200 from 9am-6pm, $100 from 2pm-6pm, $50 from 5pm-6pm. $15 for a garage. These are the preregistration prices. Registration the day of the event will incur an extra $20 PITA fee, so preregister!

Registration - Will open tomorrow at noon. Go to http://www.clubregistration.net/

Feel free to post this to other boards. Any questions?

rpoz27
03-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Registration is open.

Go to the site, create an account (if you don't have one already), and then click event sign up. Choose "race tracks" and "Texas World Speedway", then pick the April 18 event. You may pay via paypal on CR.net, check by snailmail, or check or CC the day of the event.

BryanL
03-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Will times from our transponders be available?

Bryan

rpoz27
03-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Don't get your hopes up. We have everything we need to run it (software, laptop, decoder), but I've never tried. I'll make a few calls and see if there is a good way to set it up with no one babysitting the software.

David Love AI27
04-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Jason and I should be there early... save us a garage space... I also paid for a space this weekend... can we get the same space??

macstang
04-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Ill be there with ya Friday morn David. Should get plenty of test and tune.

BryanL
04-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Misty-Last year I remember seeing a writeup on how to learn the track that would give some background on each corner. Any chance you have something like that for the direction we are running?

Bryan

David Love AI27
04-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Ill be there with ya Friday morn David. Should get plenty of test and tune.

COOL!! I will be great to see you?? Where U stayin'?

macstang
04-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Stopping at hampton brookdale thurs night, then staying at manor house for the w/e

rpoz27
04-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Misty-Last year I remember seeing a writeup on how to learn the track that would give some background on each corner. Any chance you have something like that for the direction we are running?

Bryan

Try this http://www.lsrpca.com/DE/Articles/A%20Lap%20Around%20TWS.pdf

rpoz27
04-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Jason and I should be there early... save us a garage space... I also paid for a space this weekend... can we get the same space??

Please sign up at the above registration linky. It will make my life easier and I won't have to charge the PITA fee :shock: .

Yes, you will get the same space for the whole weekend. Jessica is handing garage assignments to me for this event. They will be preassigned, so pay attention to where you(Glenn, JJ) need to park or I will wreak vengeance at some point during the weekend.

BryanL
04-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Misty-I registered with a garage space as well. Make sure and put all the F-bodies together.
Thanks for the link that was exactly what I was looking for.
I should be registering for the half day on Friday as well.

y5e06
04-15-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm signed up for 1/2 day friday & garage all weekend as well.
So is the format expected to just be open track the whole time w/ no specific run groups?

rpoz27
04-15-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm signed up for 1/2 day friday & garage all weekend as well.
So is the format expected to just be open track the whole time w/ no specific run groups?

Yup! Figure it's good practice for Sunday. And we aren't going to be crowded, unless a lot of people sign up in the next 2 days.