PDA

View Full Version : AIX Hoosier tire program!!! WOW!

AI#97
03-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Win a race with just 3 entries and you can get 2 free Hoosier tires. 2nd gets one free tire.

see here.... toyo who?

https://www.hoosiertire.com/NASAawdg.htm

donovan
03-18-2008, 03:15 PM
So, if that is like the Toyo deal... you could win 4 tires per weekend?

Damn!!!

AI#97
03-18-2008, 03:18 PM
So, if that is like the Toyo deal... you could win 4 tires per weekend?

Damn!!!

With only 3 cars... Toyo you would get $80.... :shock:

Al Fernandez
03-18-2008, 03:40 PM
Yeah, but those Hoosiers will only last 1/8th as long as those Toyos anyway... :lol:

Actually, this is really really cool.

donovan
03-18-2008, 03:53 PM
I certanly don't want to see Hoosiers trickle down to AI... I hope this is not a test to see how they are and then next year we see them in AI...

I like the Toyo prices much better and they last a long time.

DD

marshall_mosty
03-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Wow!!! Other than the original buy in for a set of Hoosiers, that's a smokin' deal!!!

If you could get a set of new Hoosiers every weekend, it really doesn't matter that they don't live too long.

chicane23
03-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Ok, so now I have a question.

We have this crazy 3 to 4 races in a weekend, right? If a person finishes first in all three/four races...would it be 6/8 tires?

AI just became a thing of the past for me since I have a few sets of 315 Hoosiers already.

I know an AI car that can loose about 125 lbs of ballast, get some Carbon doors put back on and a good set of Jongbloed racings put back on. ;-)

Let me know if this is true please.

Thank you,

AI#97
03-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Ok, so now I have a question.

We have this crazy 3 to 4 races in a weekend, right? If a person finishes first in all three/four races...would it be 6/8 tires?

AI just became a thing of the past for me since I have a few sets of 315 Hoosiers already.

I know an AI car that can loose about 125 lbs of ballast, get some Carbon doors put back on and a good set of Jongbloed racings put back on. ;-)

Let me know if this is true please.

Thank you,

John, keep in mind that most regions only get 2 races per weekend. I would guess that would apply in our region as well just like the toyo races. Contact Hoosier and find out!!!

There are several items you need to do to participate in this program but with David Love, Marshall and Skip running X this year, there is a very good chance to have a free set of hoo hoos for every event! Then you can uncork that sucker and go have fun!!!

chicane23
03-26-2008, 08:31 PM
John, keep in mind that most regions only get 2 races per weekend. I would guess that would apply in our region as well just like the toyo races. Contact Hoosier and find out!!!

There are several items you need to do to participate in this program but with David Love, Marshall and Skip running X this year, there is a very good chance to have a free set of hoo hoos for every event! Then you can uncork that sucker and go have fun!!!

I'm already registered and I have a request in to find out more info. :lol:

David Love AI27
03-26-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm already registered and I have a request in to find out more info. :lol:

I am registered and received a package with stickers and very brief outline of the rules... now I gotta get the tires, however if there is a AIX#23 I'm just wasting my money.... :cry:

Todd Covini
03-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Be sure you get the tires from the designated dealers. Looks like for Texas there are only 2 and PST is one of them. In the past, I've seen where the tire makers/distributors have been sticklers for going thru designated dealers and assuring that only "specially marked tires" qualify for the contingency. (helps with tracking/measuring success of the program).

From the link:
To participate in Hoosier's NASA contingency program, race tires must be purchased through one of our authorized trackside dealers/distributors.

My understanding is that it is only 1 contingency race per day or 2 per weekend, but if you guys hear something different let me know.