PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Shield

Boudy
04-29-2006, 10:12 PM
I need to replace the clear shield on my helmet and would really like to go to a colored one since we race in daytime. Can anyone offer input on the Hi-Res Amber vs Polorized?(Simpson)

Thanks,

Boudy

marshall_mosty
04-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Boudy,
I typically don't race with the shield down. I just have a standard lens on mine, but I'm sure they are all basically the same with the exception of the inner tint.

I wear polarized sunglasses for our daytime races and you get used to it pretty quickly.

chicane23
04-30-2006, 10:44 AM
I used the Polarized one from Simpson and liked it a lot. The problem is they scratch easy and are a bit expensive.

I now use a clear shield and a good set of Oakley sunglasses. ;-)

Boudy
05-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Thanks Guys. I currently use sunglasses also. I may just keep it that way.

Boudy

cmc#5
05-03-2006, 09:18 AM
I use one of the iridium/metalized shields. I was in a store and tried all of the different ones after the other and to me the difference in clarity was worth the money. I didn't have a choice though, I can't keep sunglasses from sliding off my nose in the car :lol:

Mike Bell
05-04-2006, 05:27 AM
Hey Al, ever have a "late in the day" race using that shield? I'm wondering how the viz will be once that sun starts going down?

We've had two late races (one back in 2005, one this year) where I was glad I took off my shades and had a clear visor.